[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

So it says that Buffout 4 is a required install, but like many other mods now, buffout 4 is broken in the next gen update, so does that mean the whole thing is a bust or is it a soft requirement since all buffout 4 seems to do is improve how the game runs?

37 minutes ago, LordSolus said:

So it says that Buffout 4 is a required install, but like many other mods now, buffout 4 is broken in the next gen update, so does that mean the whole thing is a bust or is it a soft requirement since all buffout 4 seems to do is improve how the game runs?

Downgrade your game or wait a month or two. LooksMenu is yet another required mod that isn't updated to work with the latest version of the game yet, the updated LLFP is still not incorporated into the latest AAF download, etc. Also, other AAF-using mods are likely to end up needing not-yet-updated dependencies like SUP F4SE, Lighthouse, Garden of Eden... it's going to be a while.

Okay, so now my saves are all broken because I followed the guide and animations still aren't working and my character model has returned to being the twig that is the vanilla body.

Before the saves completely broke, when a sex scene should have been initiated, my character wound up just standing completely still while the associated NPC just walked around and did their own thing, forcing me to load a previous save because I couldn't do anything aside from open the pause menu.

I just want to be horny damn it, why must modding be so hard?

They Left Without Me Sid GIF - They Left Without Me Sid Ice Age - Discover  & Share GIFs

i haven't the slightest clue what ive done wrong. AAF keeps feeding me this female human + female german shephard error type thing. how do i get AAF to recognize dogmeat as male or get the animations to work for dogmeat. tested it and they work for other npcs and creatures.

7 hours ago, LordSolus said:

Okay, so now my saves are all broken because I followed the guide and animations still aren't working and my character model has returned to being the twig that is the vanilla body.

Before the saves completely broke, when a sex scene should have been initiated, my character wound up just standing completely still while the associated NPC just walked around and did their own thing, forcing me to load a previous save because I couldn't do anything aside from open the pause menu.

5 hours ago, dodgerdave said:

i haven't the slightest clue what ive done wrong. AAF keeps feeding me this female human + female german shephard error type thing. how do i get AAF to recognize dogmeat as male or get the animations to work for dogmeat. tested it and they work for other npcs and creatures.

It's possible you missed one of the most important sections at the beginning of the manual:

DISCLAIMER: We at AAF Support Discord will NOT check this post regularly, mostly/only to update it.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you resolve them.

We are NOT responsible for ANY kind of support received from random users in this thread, unless it's someone from the

AAF staff (Me, Nebuchadnezzer2, Dagoba, EgoBallistic, etc) but this thread is NOT monitored to offer said support.

AAF Discord link

19 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It's possible you missed one of the most important sections at the beginning of the manual:

Sounds like Lovers Lab needs to find a better alternative since its not receiving any love.

4 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

Sounds like Lovers Lab needs to find a better alternative since its not receiving any love.

It's more that asynchronously troubleshooting complex failure modes and user errors one suggestion at a time through forum posts can take days, where helping someone through the same issues in synchronous chat can reach a resolution in a matter of minutes. Further, the people who have volunteered to take on the brunt of that thankless effort would rather do it in Discord than here on a web forum.

Keep in mind that AAF is used for more than just the mods hosted on LL, so troubleshooting it isn't especially LL-specific to begin with. Having AAF-related troubleshooting for use with LL-hosted mods happen in a different place than AAF-related troubleshooting for Nexus-hosted mods etc would either result in these volunteers tracking discussions in multiple sites or relying on different/redundant groups of volunteers who weren't as well coordinated with each other.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It's more that asynchronously troubleshooting complex failure modes and user errors one suggestion at a time through forum posts can take days, where helping someone through the same issues in synchronous chat can reach a resolution in a matter of minutes. Further, the people who have volunteered to take on the brunt of that thankless effort would rather do it in Discord than here on a web forum.

Keep in mind that AAF is used for more than just the mods hosted on LL, so troubleshooting it isn't especially LL-specific to begin with. Having AAF-related troubleshooting for use with LL-hosted mods happen in a different place than AAF-related troubleshooting for Nexus-hosted mods etc would either result in these volunteers tracking discussions in multiple sites or relying on different/redundant groups of volunteers who weren't as well coordinated with each other.

agree if u have 10 folks testing the mod and every one has different mods instaled u could get 10 messages of the same error with different origins as to wat causes the error in the first place!

Hey, what is necessary to load a preset character which I downloaded on nexus? I have some presets to load but I can't click on the preset button (every other option is green except this button).

I think Fallout 4\data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets should be the right place for my presets.

32 minutes ago, Matane69 said:

Hey, what is necessary to load a preset character which I downloaded on nexus? I have some presets to load but I can't click on the preset button (every other option is green except this button).

Did you accidentally upgrade to the latest version of Fallout? LooksMenu doesn't work with it yet.

9 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Did you accidentally upgrade to the latest version of Fallout? LooksMenu doesn't work with it yet.

Yes. The last time I played F4 was around 2021, and after the update, I was curious, so I started a new game and needed to figure out again how to install the mods. This guide helps me a lot (like last time). I heard that the upgrade broke many mods. I just didn't know that LooksMenu wouldn't work anymore. So I think I need to wait until it's fixed. Or is there some kind of solution?

1 hour ago, Matane69 said:

Yes. The last time I played F4 was around 2021, and after the update, I was curious, so I started a new game and needed to figure out again how to install the mods. This guide helps me a lot (like last time). I heard that the upgrade broke many mods. I just didn't know that LooksMenu wouldn't work anymore. So I think I need to wait until it's fixed. Or is there some kind of solution?

Follow the downgrading instructions (currently the second sticky) in the F4SE forum. or look on Nexus for a downgrader[1,2].

18 hours ago, vaultbait said:

This site is all about the community and modders that create for this community. AAF is an organization all about AAF and they hide assets from this community and make it more difficult for members of this community. It would be fine if they provided the links to resources and troubleshooting but they make it more difficult for control purposes and those purposes do not benefit this community. Are they working against us or with us? That is the question. 

6 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

This site is all about the community and modders that create for this community. AAF is an organization all about AAF and they hide assets from this community and make it more difficult for members of this community. It would be fine if they provided the links to resources and troubleshooting but they make it more difficult for control purposes and those purposes do not benefit this community. Are they working against us or with us? That is the question. 

It's an interesting theory, but you should consider starting a separate forum topic to debate your points rather than co-opting discussion of the manual.

5 minutes ago, KaptinPlanet69 said:

There are hot keys that you have to assign in the AFF MCM options

Whaaaaat? Did you ask ChatGPT and then paste its hallucinations or something?

1. AAF does not have MCM integration, and never has.

2. AAF does not have hotkey functionality for adjusting erection morph angles (but it does have hotkeys for moving the actors together along each of the three coordinate axes, by default it's the number pad keys).

SAM or SAMFormer might have something along those lines, I'm not sure since I've never used them. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Posted (edited)

Hello community, today i can get AAF animations working in Fallout 4 NG, I have been using each animation pack since last year, but now I only have a single problem. Men are not getting erections, despite having BodyTalk and Zex installed. It may be a LooksMenu problem. I was wondering if there is a way to correct this, since everything else works correctly. Greetings, and sorry for my bad English, I only speak Spanish, I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Edited by MarkedStrelok
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Whaaaaat? Did you ask ChatGPT and then paste its hallucinations or something?

1. AAF does not have MCM integration, and never has.

2. AAF does not have hotkey functionality for adjusting erection morph angles (but it does have hotkeys for moving the actors together along each of the three coordinate axes, by default it's the number pad keys).

SAM or SAMFormer might have something along those lines, I'm not sure since I've never used them. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Probably talking about this.

6 minutes ago, MarkedStrelok said:

Hello community, today you can get AAF animations working in Fallout 4 NG, I have been using each animation pack since last year, but now I only have a single problem. Men are not getting erections, despite having BodyTalk and Zex installed. It may be a LooksMenu problem. I was wondering if there is a way to correct this, since everything else works correctly. Greetings, and sorry for my bad English, I only speak Spanish, I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Are you using an updated LooksMenu built for the NG F4SE version? So far I'm only aware of the test release posted to Expired's Patreon yesterday. AAF relies on LooksMenu's BodyGen API to apply morphs, including erection morphs.

9 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

¿Estás utilizando un LooksMenu actualizado creado para la versión NG F4SE? Hasta ahora solo conozco la versión de prueba publicada ayer en Patreon de Expired. AAF se basa en la API BodyGen de LooksMenu para aplicar transformaciones, incluidas las transformaciones de erección.

I'm very sorry if I didn't explain myself well before. I only have the LooksMenu 1-6-20 version. I guess it shouldn't work. I just wanted to know if there is any new version that can solve the erection problem. Or if there is any other modification or resource package that solves that problem.

40 minutes ago, MarkedStrelok said:

I'm very sorry if I didn't explain myself well before. I only have the LooksMenu 1-6-20 version. I guess it shouldn't work. I just wanted to know if there is any new version that can solve the erection problem. Or if there is any other modification or resource package that solves that problem.

In my opinion, you're trying to play the NG version of Fallout 4 too soon, and you should downgrade instead. The LooksMenu version that is supposed to work with the upgraded game (1.7.0) is just a beta test right now. As far as I know there's also no updated version of Buffout 4 yet, which you're going to want for increasing ScaleForm memory to avoid AAF's interface additions causing the game to crash.

I highly recommend downgrading Fallout 4 to the last pre-NG release and then waiting (ideally a few months) for the mod ecosystem to catch up.