[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

On 7/21/2021 at 8:39 AM, jeff1972 said:

i Have tried MO2 and Vortex and used the guide it is all crap no animations will play and i get this no mater what order they are in this is such crap can you all on lovers lab fix this crap its getting worse to try to mod fo4, to patchy and fucked up. AFF and Leito is SHIT NOW.

You failed at the most basic of skills. Reading.

Spoiler
On 7/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, jeff1972 said:

i Have tried MO2 and Vortex and used the guide it is all crap no animations will play and i get this no mater what order they are in this is such crap can you all on lovers lab fix this crap its getting worse to try to mod fo4, to patchy and fucked up. AFF and Leito is SHIT NOW.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:46 AM, jeff1972 said:

i have spent 2 days with MO2 and 2 days With Vortex and followed this guide every time and i get leito errors no anamations will play i stand their with hands up and nothing but erroers. i have moded fo4 many times with aff and had fun with it but no the shit dose not work.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:58 AM, jeff1972 said:

I am a ass, and when things suck I do not like it. You cant make me like something that sux. I have read and followed it to a tee and same thing every time. Something seems to be wrong with the leito all animations come up as error. I apologize to whom i may have offended. Harsh words do not help anyone and I apologize for those. I am a ass so remember i agree wit you. With that said I still feel this is all to patchy and old outdated mods are the problem.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:06 AM, jeff1972 said:

i love loverslab lots of good stuff here and still enjoy the decisions, discussions and information. i have never felt i needed to reply to anything or get in on a discussion but this i had to say something it DOSE NOT WORK.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:12 AM, jeff1972 said:

tried again same errors and aff only lodes to 68% with just these mods installed no other mods.

Not only is "no work1!" so incredibly fucking unhelpful it hurts, but there's several thousand people who'd disagree with you, having used said Fucking Manual.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:00 AM, jeff1972 said:

Don't assume i didn't read i followed it to a tee.

Given it "doesnt work", I'd bet money you haven't...

On 7/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, polska said:

buffout mod comment section is flooded with crash reports. its insane. i really dont wanna install it

That's entirely its purpose.
When you have a CTD, and can't work it out yourself, you post it in there (preferably with Spoiler tags to avoid a massive wall of text), and see if someone else can help...

It solves many engine-related issue, and adds crash-logging, it's a requirement for a reason.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:24 PM, jeff1972 said:
  • #6 ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX) 4.0 (REQUIRED) - (MAKE SURE THAT NOTHING IS OVERWRITING THIS) -------------why is your link to 3.5 if 4.0 is needed and where do you get 4.0

That IS 4.0. Author forgot to change vNumbers.

Stop being a dick and follow it. If you still have doubts that it all works, read the entire comment section or head over to AAF Discord LIKE THE VERY TOP OF THE GUIDE SAYS TO DO.

Bruh this hands down the best guide on the fucking site, with clear cut versioning and do and don't. On top of the author going out of their way to help all the wayward modders they can. But come on people is being through with this holy text of modding fallout 4 too much to ask? like pretty please?

Thanks to this guide i managed to install a working AAF after i failed miserably solo two times wiping out 117 mods and 130 mods in two installs those damned patches from each page ruined my game.

To Saya_Scarlett thanks for doing this guide and thanks to all the creators who made these mods, animations, happen and as usual to follow a guide you need: 

1460428795_00header.jpg.17f4dc8ee088babb936ca9030432fdc4.jpg

Edited by VicMackey

One thing which does keep coming up and seems worth addressing in the guide... it says to install Buffout 4 but also says to install an older version of LooksMenu (when newer versions were fixed so that running them with Buffout 4 wouldn't break). It would be good to elaborate on the reasons for insisting on LM 1.6.18, and also which config options you need with Buffout 4 to correctly support it (if that's even possible).

On 7/21/2021 at 11:12 PM, jeff1972 said:

tried again same errors and aff only lodes to 68% with just these mods installed no other mods.

i had this problem it seems to be the erection fix mod by silver perv that caused my issues

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

One thing which does keep coming up and seems worth addressing in the guide... it says to install Buffout 4 but also says to install an older version of LooksMenu (when newer versions were fixed so that running them with Buffout 4 wouldn't break). It would be good to elaborate on the reasons for insisting on LM 1.6.18, and also which config options you need with Buffout 4 to correctly support it (if that's even possible).

I run LM 1.6.18 with Buffout and it doesn't break.

I already elaborated on why to use LM 1.6.18 with a note right next to it.

As for Buffout, the only thing i've touched in its config is changing the LoadMethod.

But this is something that BUFFOUT should explain on its own modpage, as well as explaining all the extra requirements one needs (Which are constantly sent as a bot command in the AAF Discord for this very fucking reason.)

16 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

I run LM 1.6.18 with Buffout and it doesn't break.

Early on, Buffout 4 didn't work at all with LooksMenu (at the time 1.6.18) leading to cashes when trying to access the interface due to memory misalignment in F4EE, and so an optional patch was added which could be toggled with the Compatibility.F4EE setting in its Buffout4.toml config to get it working. Later, the memory alignment issues were corrected in LM 1.6.19 and as of BO4 1.17.1 the fix was removed on the assumption everyone would upgrade their LM accordingly. In BO4 1.18.0 a new Compatibility.F4EE toggle was added (which I do turn on), and claims "1.6.20 - Patches various LooksMenu bugs" though it's not entirely clear which ones (the ChangeLog only refers to "exploding heads" for this).

16 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

I already elaborated on why to use LM 1.6.18 with a note right next to it.

It says "will break erections and morphs" but how do they break? I suppose it's possible they're breaking for me in ways I don't notice, but I'd like to know what to look for in my game to indicate I'm experiencing whatever bug this represents. Also has it been reported to expired6978? Where/when was it discussed and what was the outcome? Is a fix being worked on? For any software, sticking to an old version the author no longer intends to support is a questionable choice in the long term.

Hello. thanks in advance!, I've put everything in order and working as intended, I have a question, the penis often misses the vaginal entrance and its a little off putting to put it in some words. I assume it must be due to my specific slider set in FG, is there an already proven preset I can use?, I know there cant be 1 for all because everything made their animations with different presets, but hey, I needed to ask.

1 hour ago, Blesstrong said:

Hello. thanks in advance!, I've put everything in order and working as intended, I have a question, the penis often misses the vaginal entrance and its a little off putting to put it in some words. I assume it must be due to my specific slider set in FG, is there an already proven preset I can use?, I know there cant be 1 for all because everything made their animations with different presets, but hey, I needed to ask.

You can try my patch with zero sliders FG

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Early on, Buffout 4 didn't work at all with LooksMenu (at the time 1.6.18) leading to cashes when trying to access the interface due to memory misalignment in F4EE, and so an optional patch was added which could be toggled with the Compatibility.F4EE setting in its Buffout4.toml config to get it working. Later, the memory alignment issues were corrected in LM 1.6.19 and as of BO4 1.17.1 the fix was removed on the assumption everyone would upgrade their LM accordingly. In BO4 1.18.0 a new Compatibility.F4EE toggle was added (which I do turn on), and claims "1.6.20 - Patches various LooksMenu bugs" though it's not entirely clear which ones (the ChangeLog only refers to "exploding heads" for this).

We (those of us who help troubleshoot) are aware of this, or some of us are.

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It says "will break erections and morphs" but how do they break? I suppose it's possible they're breaking for me in ways I don't notice, but I'd like to know what to look for in my game to indicate I'm experiencing whatever bug this represents. Also has it been reported to expired6978? Where/when was it discussed and what was the outcome? Is a fix being worked on? For any software, sticking to an old version the author no longer intends to support is a questionable choice in the long term.

That's entirely the problem.
Inconsistency.

For some people, it can work fine (with LM *.20).
For others, they can break in various ways, though most commonly, simply not morphing up/down at all, as if the mesh wasn't built with the Morphs option checked.
For still others, it can be a sporadic issue (not necessarily due to script delays/lag).
A few of us tested it at the time, and almost all of us had issues with the morphs simply not functioning at all, with LM *.20. *.19 was similarly inconsistent, *.18 worked fine, though even that can be a bit inconsistent at times.

Fairly sure it's been mentioned to Expired, but whether it has/hasn't is largely irrelevant, he hasn't really worked on LM in a long time, and is also not particularly responsive to queries around it, from what I know. Maybe if you can understand the code and ask relevant questions, he might be more receptive, but I also doubt he'll give much of a shit about NSFW uses of his mod.

Given LM's basically in a 'stable, no further development' state, it'll likely never be addressed, until or unless someone with enough C++ programming know-how decides to rework/fix it.

Ideally, I know I'd like to rework and replace LM entirely, but I'm a long time away from having the programming knowledge required. I've wanted to for a while, really.

6 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Ideally, I know I'd like to rework and replace LM entirely, but I'm a long time away from having the programming knowledge required. I've wanted to for a while, really.

Thanks for the background, and I completely understand the hesitancy. As someone who does collaborative software development for a living I'll readily admit that my C++ is fairly terrible as well (my K&R C is probably far better than my C++ to this day, and that's not saying much). Depending on mostly abandoned software is equally as dodgy as depending on old and unsupported versions.

Still, I'd love to be able to figure out the source of the inconsistency, as that might point to the underlying culprit. Also the guide suggests that other morphs besides just dickmorphs are impacted, so maybe a reproducer of that would be a more effective route to getting the author's attention. I'm assuming the fact that I don't observe the problem probably means there's something either about my combination of mods or the performance of my gaming rig which causes it not to happen. I'm happy to try to compare and contrast details with others who are and aren't experiencing the issue in an attempt to get to the bottom of it.

But yes, ultimately FO4 being proprietary software makes it an inscrutable black box we all end up guessing around, and seemingly deterministic processes can still be sufficiently chaotic to thwart all logic when we don't really know what it's doing under the covers.

2 hours ago, beachyblues said:

tried to follow this guide

At a minimum, you didn't follow the part at the beginning where it says, "Please direct any and all questions toward the AAF Discord" (in very, very, very large print).

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (28/July/2021)
14 minutes ago, scarletzoe12 said:

I don’t know when this will be answered but I’m here because I’d like to know what mods I need to get the sex mod for fallout 4 to work and how do I install it into the game? ? 

The fact that you're under the impression there's just a single "the sex mod for Fallout 4" suggests that 1. you haven't read the "guide" comprised of the initial post in this forum topic, and 2. you're probably not near ready to embark on this particular modding journey.

I can't use Discord because it keeps saying I need to claim my account but my email is already registered and I fucking hate Discord, but anyway, when I'm using the latest version of f4se and then run the AAF files verifier it's saying that the version of f4se I'm using is newer than expected and I have 29 script errors, out of 29.  I've followed all of the other instructions but I cannot get AAF to actually work.  When I started a new game it said AAF initializing and then posted something like ##################################.  I'm at a loss.  

Hi all:  First, Thanks to @Saya_Scarlett for this awesome guide.  I can't tell you how many times it saved me from starting a new game :)  I look at it daily to make sure nothing has changed.  I'm in the middle of creating an insanity system to add to augment the experience with a few other mods.  I hope to have an alpha done by next week.

Love the mod and all the mods that work with it.  I've been troubleshooting a few things with FPE and WLD by @InvictusBlade (Which are amazing with the new updates) as well as looking at the whole LooksMenu problem.

Yes, LooksMenu 1.6.20 technically works and fixes the "Clothing" crash, but it does not allow morphs to work properly on male or female NPCs or PCs for several other mods.  For the most part, it breaks any belly morphing mods that rely on the Zeroed sliders scenario.   I use this specifically for the "LookMenu BodyPresets - Regular" so that the NPCs don't all have the same body, which is kinda boring. 

The best way to start if you have having problems is to do the following, and I have tested this over and over again:  (I am using Vortex, because it is by far the easiest mod manager to date. The others are just too much of a pain in the ass to mess with and get right.):

1) Disable in-game VIA MCM Only (As reminded by @Saya_Scarlett never ever touch the "Mods" setting in the Fallout Main Screen) any mod that depends on LooksMenu, BodySlide, BodyTalk, or AAF that is NOT on Saya's list. (All the other non LL or AAF related mods should not be impacted)

2) Save game, reload game.  Wait for all initialization to end for the current mods, then save again and exit.

3) Uninstall all mods you disabled.

4) Open your save in Resaver and clean all the "Unattached Instances" Only clean the Unattached Instances for the mods you removed Filter on each ESP/ESM individually. (EDIT: as @Nebuchadnezzer2 was kind enough to point out <3).  Undefined Elements is usually never the case.   It is a risk, but I have not had one corrupt game yet and I've done this at least 40 times in the last couple of months. :)

5) Save and load the game.  Ensure it works. Then save again.

6) In Vortex, uninstall everything on Saya's List, then follow the guide exactly to reinstall and you MUST follow the order to eliminate any ongoing issues.

7) BodySlide and BodyTalk:  If you plan to do any pregnancy morphing, or cum morphing mods, you must set the body sliders to zero for both CBBE and BodyTalk 3.  Build your .nif, and build morphs. If you want a non-zeroed body for the Player, you can do that, rebuild the .nif, but do not rebuild the morphs.  The morphs from the zeroed will work on any body at that point.  Zeroed is the skinniest, so everything above zero will have properly morphed clothing.  *Side note:  AND THIS IS IMPORTANT -- NEVER EVER EDIT ANYTHING IN BODYSLIDE IF YOUR PLAYER or FOLLOWERS ARE MORPHED by an effect, such as cum or pregnancy. This will completely crash all other scripts morphing your characters as they use the last frame of reference to demorph. 

8 ) Load your game after resolving all conflicts in the ordering Saya mentions above.  Wait for AAF and all the others to initialize.  Usually about 5 real minutes and you'll be good. Save and exit.

Notes on the mods I use and have figured how to fix:

1) Family Planning Enhanced Redux: This has the Cumflation for pregnancy.  This works very well but is highly prone to the issues with LooksMenu and BodySlide changes.  However, I have tested this many times and talked with @Invictusblade and its not an issue with his mod.  The morphing works fine if you follow the guide.

2) Sex Attributes by @twistedtrebla: has morphing and it works fine with FPE.  If your character is visibly pregnant, like 6 months, and you get morphed by SA, you will see the cum morph for a few seconds, then it will revert to the FPE pregnancy morph.  Just don't mess with ANYTHING .  If it doesn't happen immediately, have PC sleep for an hour and it will return.

3) AAF_Violate seems to have no issues, but I will say as a side note, I do not use the CSA because it really gets confused with AAF Violate.  And to be honest, there's not much value to CSA unless you want the abduction, but Raider Pet is much more reliable for those interactions.  No offense to RSE, but its not being maintained. AAF Violate is the only mod you need and its superior to the others.

3) RSE Reproductive System Effects, can cause issues with FPE.  And to be honest, I don't see much value to this mod.  It doesn't really act at all consistent.

4) Cum Overlays Staged (Required by FPE and WLD) can sometimes cause your character to not look pregnant. It seems some of the overlays suppress the morph visual, and, that mod does not always remove the cum overlay.  You CAN go into LooksMenu using tfc and slm to remove ONLY the overlays. If you touch any other sliders, you are in for a hit or miss bug fest. EDIT: (from @Invictusblade "I should mention that my mods no longer requires this mod or CumWealth(I decided to go a different route in the latest update)") 

5) Raider Reform School:  This mod is awesome, but I have found sometimes the "active tats" to show a fertile or pregnant slave can interfere with the morphs.  Otherwise, no other issues.

Hope this helps!  I'm doing the reinstall on the new AAF now.

[MAJOR EDIT}

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever change timescale in the game with any type of morph mod.  It will break all scripts. 

Edited by arkangyl
37 minutes ago, arkangyl said:

4) Cum Overlays Staged (Required by FPE and WLD) can sometimes cause your character to not look pregnant. It seems some of the overlays suppress the morph visual, and, that mod does not always remove the cum overlay.  You CAN go into LooksMenu using tfc and slm to remove ONLY the overlays. If you touch any other sliders, you are in for a hit or miss bug fest.

I should mention that my mods no longer requires this mod or CumWealth(I decided to go a different route in the latest update)

On 7/21/2021 at 4:37 PM, maddadicusrex said:

I am going to try to help. First off, do not get hung up with this setup. It the best and really only one out there, but parts of it can be confusing to novices. I am guessing you have a proper installed F4SE AND THAT YOU LAUNCH YOUR GAME USING THAT?

You load AAF, Looksmenu,Themes, Sex Me Up ,Mod Configuration Menu, and 1 animation pack ( Atomic Lust )...Disable all other AAF/Sex related mods,.Make sure you choose Sex Key for SEU.............See if AAF loads, when done , push Home Key, Does a menu show up?, Walk up to a victim, push your SEU Sex key and see if sequence starts up for sex? If it works, we can now add more stuff to your setup..

Hello, I'd like to try this as well but I don't know what "themes" to download. I have all of the others downloaded. Mind helping another noobie?? :)