[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

Pressing the Home key to start an animation you get a menu to pick the participants. This uses the "Settler", "Raider", "slave" (name of the base ID) and other type names rather than the instance names (the reference ID), so all you see is a bunch of settlers in the list. Sometimes, you pick the wrong settler, which can be not what is intended.

Is there any way to change it so that you get a instance name rather than a type name. I

The new version of FO4Edit (5.1.15) is telling me that crazy's gun version has an error:

[00:08] Background Loader: [Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp] Start loading or building reference info.
[00:08] Background Loader: [Fallout4_En.STRINGS] Using encoding (from language): 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
[00:08] Background Loader: Fatal: <EStringListError: String list does not allow duplicates>

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FaithEverly said:

Unable to get: Advanced Animation Framework v171.0beta
Website for it is down, and I cannot find any other place hosting it. Something about a Host error SSL thingy? Is the site gone?

50 minutes ago, Benmc20 said:

Nah, their certificate has expired and they must renew it.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/97147-advanced-animation-framework/?do=findComment&comment=4228583

45 minutes ago, Fallout3OJISAN said:

Hi,

Her boobs become hard while playing AAF animation.  Why is this?  Also, is there any way to solve this?

Make sure you have built a nude body that has physics.
And some animations don't have a lot of bouncy boobs going on.

A nice guide.. but I dont think "'Patch for animations (Squirt/Cum Effects, cum/tattoo overlays, stages, fixes)' [Usually named "AnimationAddonsAndFixes" in Vortex.]" is Obsolete.. because it's more updated than UAP.. also, I have sound problems (moans) with UAP + [AAF] Voicepacks & SFX installed.. When using a Pillory for sex, there's no moans at all, only body sounds.. after removing UAP, the moans are there again.. Idk why the author of the [AAF] Voicepacks & SFX recommends UAP though.. or maybe its just my game.

5 hours ago, Darkstorms said:

Idk why the author of the [AAF] Voicepacks & SFX recommends UAP though

Because it replaces a bunch of audio files that are only referenced by UAP's XML patches, and relies on some features of UAP to cue specific sounds. I use that sound replacer without either UAP or Indarello's patches and it still works well enough for my needs.

Guys & Girls, I'm getting a bit lost here - using this setup the first time with mostly success in my 1st 70+hrs play-through, but:

• Some sex scene animation work better than others:
    • some auto progress, some require pressing arrow key or PgUP or PgDN
      • is this dependent on some setting in some mod or it's animation related and is what is is?
    • some play normally, other end abruptly - not sure why?
  • How to set duration of sex scene? In skyrim sexlab it was possible to set overall duration of sex scene and times for stages. Is something similar available in AAF mods anywhere?

For the moment these are my main issues which I can't seem to figure out ;/

EDIT: Ok, I think I found relevant sex scene duration timers under AAF Sex'em UP and Violate sections...

Edited by the.witcher
4 hours ago, the.witcher said:

Some sex scene animation work better than others:

• some auto progress, some require pressing arrow key or PgUP or PgDN
    • is this dependent on some setting in some mod or it's animation related and is what is is?
  • some play normally, other end abruptly - not sure why?

Different animations created by different animators at different times in the evolution of FO4 adult modding were made with different assumptions about how they'd get used and so have different behaviors.

Some are a single animation made up of a series of different sexual positions. Some are individual animations for each position, which might have accompanying AAF data to present them in a sequence and hide the individual animations that make up the sequence. In some cases other modders have created "patches" to sequence animations, or to put them into position trees (navigable with the arrow keys to make choices and advance the scenario).

Omnibus patches like UAP and Indarello's (and TOPTBTA before them) attempt to plaster over these variations and enforce some additional consistency, but there's only so much they can do to that end, and also add more complexity at the same time (making it harder to upgrade animation packs since you have to make sure you use the exact versions your patch was made for).

Does anyone know if there's a reason that the manual still links to DD RC8 instead of RC9?

(Edit: possibly the issue is that certain mods are now incorporated into DD and should not be used with rc9 and are also listed in the fucking manual here? For example, RC8 incorporates face morphs so should only be used with the base DD 2.0... So maybe a DD expert needs to go through the list of compatible vs obsolete mods for RC9??)

Edited by sen4mi
1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

Does anyone know if there's a reason that the manual still links to DD RC8 instead of RC9?

(Edit: possibly the issue is that certain mods are now incorporated into DD and should not be used with rc9 and are also listed in the fucking manual here? For example, RC8 incorporates face morphs so should only be used with the base DD 2.0... So maybe a DD expert needs to go through the list of compatible vs obsolete mods for RC9??)

Could be for many reasons. one reason is they haven't finished testing the new version with the framework.  Might still have some issues. Could be missing something essential (removed or edited/changed) and could add something that downright breaks the system.

At least when I was very active with this mod and support... the individual that rights the guide as well as the support staff take time to really run things through the blender and make sure things are going to be solid before they update the guide.

Nobody is stopping you from using the update if you wanted to give it a try. It just might work. (doubt it though usually something else has to be updated in situations like this before they can give it a solid thumbs up and add it to the guide.   (also P.S. the discord is usually much faster at giving you an answer especially on a subject like this)

Edited by RitualClarity
6 hours ago, sen4mi said:

So maybe a DD expert needs to go through the list of compatible vs obsolete mods for RC9??

It's the same as RC8, that's why nothing is mentioned. Once RC9 is done and submitted to Kimy, and if she approves & updates the mod then you'll see the same Do Not Install list as RC8.

12 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Nobody is stopping you from using the update if you wanted to give it a try. It just might work. (doubt it though usually something else has to be updated in situations like this before they can give it a solid thumbs up and add it to the guide.   (also P.S. the discord is usually much faster at giving you an answer especially on a subject like this)

Speed is not really an issue for me here - RC9 has been out for months and people have been suggesting its use for months and I like understanding reasoning and specific problems over having quick answers.

(I am not sure I actually understand everything about how these issues fit together... but that might change.)

13 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Speed is not really an issue for me here - RC9 has been out for months and people have been suggesting its use for months and I like understanding reasoning and specific problems over having quick answers.

(I am not sure I actually understand everything about how these issues fit together... but that might change.)

I'd then again suggest that you go to the Discord server for added support on this. The authors of mods that are part of the guide for the most part reguarlly post and are active there. The author of the guide and other support members are also usually very active there. If there were any reports of issues, it is likely where these reports would have been given and or told.

I haven't had this up and running for a long time, even when I did it was more testing then play. So my knowledge of the current updated mods is vastly limited.

Hope you find the answers you are looking for.

On 11/16/2023 at 12:18 AM, izzyknows said:

Make sure you have built a nude body that has physics.
And some animations don't have a lot of bouncy boobs going on.

Thank you for your reply.  

I use OCBPC and her body is shaking a lot.  

However, when the AAF animation is played, the body hardly shakes.  

Is it the same for everyone?

1 hour ago, Fallout3OJISAN said:

Thank you for your reply.  

I use OCBPC and her body is shaking a lot.  

However, when the AAF animation is played, the body hardly shakes.  

Is it the same for everyone?

From what I understand, I haven't used it, it's not stable above 60 fps.

But, I've seen the same issue with CBBE outfits that put a bit to much "jiggle" in the outfits. Absolutely Skimpy Attire has this issue. I know, outfit vs body.. still bone weights though. LOL

The fix? dunno.. sorry!

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

From what I understand, I haven't used it, it's not stable above 60 fps.

But, I've seen the same issue with CBBE outfits that put a bit to much "jiggle" in the outfits. Absolutely Skimpy Attire has this issue. I know, outfit vs body.. still bone weights though. LOL

The fix? dunno.. sorry!

Thank you for your kind reply.  I'll continue to investigate :)

Ok, I've been beating my head against a wall for days on this. no I cannot upload a ss of a loader or anything, pc's failing to take ss's.

Despite some mods having terrible instructions (even those who made mains in english), I had (keyword) figured it out, aaf and all its things as well as some other mods of interest.

However, first load of the game, everythings running perfectly, re-load all save data corrupt and no mods want to load anymore, conflictions had been handled how described, and all requirements were downloaded, even went outta my way to buy the damn dlc.

Even tried wiping everything then starting fresh going over every step slowly over the course of like two hours, either I'm flat out stupid or there's some legit issues I have no idea about and potentially f****d everything up.

mod list as follows:

AAF (latest 'beta' and uap)

AAF vanilla/kinky creature anims

AAF Violate (latest/1.60 beta)

AWKCR (and armorsmith ext.)

bodyslide/cbbe

buffout4NG

address library

combined arms 1.0 (and 1.1 patch)

combined arms exp. 1.0 (and 1.0.2 patch)

cross pre-war cybernetics (and patch)

DD/TD (devious/torture)

real handcuffs

fo4 scopes framework

f4se

fo4 anims by leito

k9 harness

looksmenu

mcm

mutant menagerie (LFAW, main and performance)

Private military company 3.0 (and pmc extended, pmc cbbe/uniboob)

sup f4se

Wasteland Eggspansion 0.423

widow shotgun

wattz laser gun

Zaz extended skeleton

release_creaturepack_v03_01

don't mean to seem super heated at the people here but the situation is mildly frustrating especially with only having the most basic knowledge of modding.

(also using Vortex,I don't know any other MM's as well and was told on a separate forum to not go for manual installation)