Please help. Game CTDs right before Main Menu shows. This is NOT a mssing master issue

DarkChaoX

10 minutes ago, killer8217 said:

is there a way to surpass that string limit?

I'm reading something that says crash fixes deals with string count limit, I'm guessing you had system already set up good when crash fixes came out and don't have it as result, that's the boat I am in. I know that mod does some extra neat things for users.

Edit, I seen where you said you have CrashFixes installed.  

7 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

I'm reading something that says crash fixes deals with string count limit, I'm guessing you had system already set up good when crash fixes came out and don't have it as result, that's the boat I am in. I know that mod does some extra neat things for users. 

i already am using it. Maybe its not set up correctly?

9 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

crash fixes o.o

Only thing about it that worries me is if i set it up correctly since there isnt much info on it on its mod page

check my blog how to setup crash fixes

If you have created merges be sure the hart- and softrequirements are still readable for the new mods you want to install.

If you tried to create a merge with mergeplugins and the bsa got extracted to solve a conflict and this failed you mod might be broken now and needs to be replaced.

some mods need additional entries in skyrim.ini [archive], failing to add those entries can crash skyrim early on

careful with mods that come with own skse.ini and nioverride.ini

7 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

check my blog how to setup crash fixes

If you have created merges be sure the hart- and softrequirements are still readable for the new mods you want to install.

If you tried to create a merge with mergeplugins and the bsa got extracted to solve a conflict and this failed you mod might be broken now and needs to be replaced.

some mods need additional entries in skyrim.ini [archive], failing to add those entries can crash skyrim early on

careful with mods that come with own skse.ini and nioverride.ini

Just checked them. They are all good to go both based on your settings on the blog as well as the actual crash fixes nexus page

Just now, donttouchmethere said:

oops, one thing that is missing on my blog: you can't open your savegames with save cleaner tool anymore if crash fixes changes the save game format, use fallrimtools from nexus instead

Noticed. Found out the hard way a year ago.

I had to use fallrim tools which include a save cleaner that has no script limit. Counted like 86k or so scripts back then

2 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

Does crash fixes help with string count or does it outright eliminate any string count issue?  

I think it just removes the core limit. Every engine has limits. I was just too stupid to realise that i overdid it over the years

1 minute ago, Heroine of the Night said:

Does crash fixes help with string count or does it outright eliminate any string count issue?  

as far as my experiance goes it eliminates the string count limitations just from using it in huge LOs (over 80k string count)

don't know if there is a technical limit, don't even know how to reach that, because so many mods would conflict ingame already and cause issues

When you have more than 255 plugings the game not made CTD. Start as pure vanilla whitout any mod and when you try load a savegame show the window of missing plugings saying that you are missing the DLC's and all the plugings.

Excesive animations in FNIS not cause CTD before the Main Menu. Only when you try start a New Game or load a savegame.

If you have Crash Fixes correctly installed the String Table Bug is solved. Adidionally, the String Table Bug not cause CTD before the Main Menu. Only cause CTD when you try load a savegame with excesive string.

I not find any string limit after play the same savegame for one year and half. My savegame have now a size of 50 MB, i have 111k string, 12k scripts, 478k scripts instances, 333k ChangeForms...

Spoiler

image.png

I not find any strange limit in the game apart of the very well know limits. I have now 246 plugings and half of them are shared whit you but i only have 2 or 3 merges.

I think your CTD is caused because you have a DELETED or MISSING record in one of your merges.

When you make a merge, normally, the ID code of the records change. If one new installed mod have a reference to one of the remumbered records the game can not find the ORIGINAL record and that act as a deleted or missing record in the master.

Enable Interesting NPC's and open your entire list with Tes5Edit. Search the 3DNPC.esp and run a check for errors. If not show any problem enable one of the mods that cause the problem and check for errors again in 3DNPC.esp and run another check for errors over the pluging of the addeded mod.

Probably,  you have some patches and compatibility plugins merged and some of them must be the source of the problem.

My merges are these. Image order is correct too so that shouldnt be too confusing. Im using zMerge as, its merges are way more stable:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Would seriously be amazing if anyone could actually figure out if anything is wrong here. I mean the only possible "mistake" i see in these merges is merging Remodeled armor esps along with their master file but they are showing in the game just fine.

As i said if i disable 3DNPC completely, the game runs fine no matter how many other mods i add.

Possible conflict?

Edit: I even deleted the previous 3DNPC and reinstalled the mod completely by redownloading it. The issue still persists. 

4 hours ago, killer8217 said:

Would seriously be amazing if anyone could actually figure out if anything is wrong here. I mean the only possible "mistake" i see in these merges is merging Remodeled armor esps along with their master file but they are showing in the game just fine.

As i said if i disable 3DNPC completely, the game runs fine no matter how many other mods i add.

Possible conflict?

Edit: I even deleted the previous 3DNPC and reinstalled the mod completely by redownloading it. The issue still persists. 

I don't know why you are so sure that your mergers are perfectly done and can not cause any problems.

The simple fact that you activate 3DNPC and have a CTD that disappears when you disable it does not mean that the problem is within 3Dnpc. The 3DNPC.ESP may refer to a record that does not exist and that is why you have the CTD. Have you verified it with Tes5Edit?

Apart, taking your words as true and assuming that all your merges are perfect, that they have no problem and that they can not cause the problem...

Maybe, if you have really merged 250 plugings and you are playing with 500 ESP's, maybe, and just maybe, you can be one of the very few people who has reached the limit of 1 million of references.

Look at this post, download the script, run it on Tes5Edit and see how many references you have. Really, I doubt you can reach the million whit that mod list, but who knows, maybe you can.

17 hours ago, killer8217 said:

wait is that CPU really not better than mine?

Yes, by some margin, it would have been a good swap if you could have had it.

The 4690k was arguably the best gaming CPU of it's generation, certainly for value. Could reach silly speeds OC. I had mine at 4.6ghz and that was just being safe. I "upgraded" to the i7 4790k, which I am still running. I'll worry about upgrades when CP2077 comes out.

I would take a look what is the best CPU that your Mother Board supports. You can probably pick up a used 3570k for not much money these days.

Interesting NPCs is an awesome mod, but i had to give up on it for my builds a while ago.

Too many mods dont really get along with it, it edits too much. And its heavy on scripts. Maybe some true wizard can get all the script heavy mods in one build, but i havent met him yet.

In fact i had a somewhat similar build for male PC a while ago. Nowhere near in size, didnt have meges, but similar gameplay core: Was SkyRe-Legacy-INPCs-Ultimate deadly encounters-OSA. And while it worked for a while, by ~lvl 50 script problems went from occasional nuisance to nightmare. After i had to SQS half of ambriels quest line, ive given up on that build.

Crash fixes might remove the hard limit, but it appears that there is only so much LE can handle before crumbling. To be frank, im amazed that your build is stable even without INPCS.

2 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

I don't know why you are so sure that your mergers are perfectly done and can not cause any problems.

The simple fact that you activate 3DNPC and have a CTD that disappears when you disable it does not mean that the problem is within 3Dnpc. The 3DNPC.ESP may refer to a record that does not exist and that is why you have the CTD. Have you verified it with Tes5Edit?

Apart, taking your words as true and assuming that all your merges are perfect, that they have no problem and that they can not cause the problem...

Maybe, if you have really merged 250 plugings and you are playing with 500 ESP's, maybe, and just maybe, you can be one of the very few people who has reached the limit of 1 million of references.

Look at this post, download the script, run it on Tes5Edit and see how many references you have. Really, I doubt you can reach the million whit that mod list, but who knows, maybe you can.

withough 3DNPC

Found 663194 temporary and 136796 persistent loaded references, for a grand total of 799990 loaded references.

1 hour ago, nilead said:

And while it worked for a while, by ~lvl 50 script problems went from occasional nuisance to nightmare. After i had to SQS half of ambriels quest line, ive given up on that build.

Crash fixes might remove the hard limit, but it appears that there is only so much LE can handle before crumbling. To be frank, im amazed that your build is stable even without INPCS.

Something is not good configured in your game: 

18 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

I not find any string limit after play the same savegame for one year and half. My savegame have now a size of 50 MB, i have 111k string, 12k scripts, 478k scripts instances, 333k ChangeForms...

If you look my screenshot you can see number 3265 and the number is real, i saved my game 3265 times.

The numbers 511.28.46 mean that i play in that savegame 511 real time hours. In game say 698 day's.

I'm level 141 and, of course, in one year and half i add and remove hundreds of mods from my game and clean it with ReSaver hundreds and hundreds of times. 

I have one of the most script heavy configuration that any user can install, half of my mods come from this web site, but i can play at full hd 1920x1080 with average frame rate of 50 FPS and average script latency below 100 ms. I not find any problem or limit in my game.

I can asure you that the scripts, in general, not have any influence in yours problems. 

Only a bad script from a bad mod can cause problems and that is a problem in one mod. Simply, remove it.

37 minutes ago, killer8217 said:

withough 3DNPC

Found 663194 temporary and 136796 persistent loaded references, for a grand total of 799990 loaded references.

And my Tes5Edit say: 

Found 42883 temporary and 4275 persistent (47158 total) loaded references in [06] 3DNPC.esp.

That give you a total of 799990 + 47158 = 847148 references and you are 200k below the millon.

Your problem can not be caused by the limit of 1 millon of references. Search in other side.

Just now, GenioMaestro said:

And my Tes5Edit say: 

Found 42883 temporary and 4275 persistent (47158 total) loaded references in [06] 3DNPC.esp.

That give you a total of 799990 + 47158 = 847148 references and you are 200k below the millon.

Your problem can not be caused by the limit of 1 millon of references. Search in other side.

yesterday i went so far as to make a new profile and reenable all mods inside the merges to see for any possible requirements. Needless to say, no mods were showing any errors or missing masters whatsoever. I honestly dont know what else it might be at this point.

Either i somehow REALLY screwed something up or idk whats going on

29 minutes ago, killer8217 said:

yesterday i went so far as to make a new profile and reenable all mods inside the merges to see for any possible requirements. Needless to say, no mods were showing any errors or missing masters whatsoever. I honestly dont know what else it might be at this point.

Either i somehow REALLY screwed something up or idk whats going on

WOW.. I have and idea.. maybe can be your problem...

You have crash fixes installed, working and correctly configured, true?

But, are you ussing UseOSAllocators from Crash Fixes?

NO - I not know what is UseOSAllocators:

Install SKSE Memory Blocks Log and launch the game.

Open the file MemoryBlocksLog.log and look the first lines:

Block1 Block2
768MB    256MB

Go to the end and look the final number. If your numbers are the same as the first lines, in my case 768    256, your game make CTD because the memory Block1 is totally filled before the game can show the Main Menu.

Solution1: Open SKSE.ini and put DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1280 

That is the maximun posible number and left 1024MB to the memory Block1

Solution2: Open CrashFixPlugin.ini and put UseOSAllocators=1

That disable the SKSE Memory Manager, the Memory Blocks not exist and the game run at double speed.

Yes: I have UseOSAllocators active and i have the pluging preloader.

I'm out of ideas for now. Is practicaly imposible that your game get the limit of 3.1 GB of memory before show the Main Menu and Crash Fixes must show a message saying it. But open the task manager and look how many memory consume TESV.exe

1 hour ago, GenioMaestro said:

WOW.. I have and idea.. maybe can be your problem...

You have crash fixes installed, working and correctly configured, true?

But, are you ussing UseOSAllocators from Crash Fixes?

NO - I not know what is UseOSAllocators:

Install SKSE Memory Blocks Log and launch the game.

Open the file MemoryBlocksLog.log and look the first lines:

Block1 Block2
768MB    256MB

Go to the end and look the final number. If your numbers are the same as the first lines, in my case 768    256, your game make CTD because the memory Block1 is totally filled before the game can show the Main Menu.

Solution1: Open SKSE.ini and put DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1280 

That is the maximun posible number and left 1024MB to the memory Block1

Solution2: Open CrashFixPlugin.ini and put UseOSAllocators=1

That disable the SKSE Memory Manager, the Memory Blocks not exist and the game run at double speed.

Yes: I have UseOSAllocators active and i have the pluging preloader.

I'm out of ideas for now. Is practicaly imposible that your game get the limit of 3.1 GB of memory before show the Main Menu and Crash Fixes must show a message saying it. But open the task manager and look how many memory consume TESV.exe

funny thing you are mentioning it. Im facing problems with my Crash Fixes JUST NOW.

This damn annoyance keeps popping up non stop and wont let me go into the menu at ALL.

Im using UseOSAllocators=1 and obviously have the plugin Preloader installed as well.

I will try the first fix you gave me and see if this works. My god this is SO HARD. THANK you so much for helping me out 

image.png.4e49e0b1b1e4ba9f89d00899e440cc7d.png

Setting Crash Fixes to 0 or removing it completely makes the game not load at all (pretty much an infinite main menu screen with no menu showing)

Edit: Still trying to fix it to no avail. Setting 0 gives me an infinite loading menu loading. Setting 1 gives me that error i have shown above and the game inevitably crashes. Im stuck. I literally did nothing to cause this. No changes whatsoever

Edit 2: After long searching in reddit as well as nexus, it seems that my ENBhost.exe got corrupted and i had to download it again from the ENB web page. The crash fixes is working properly now. 

I will try adding 3DNPC again and see if it works this time arround and make another edit here

1 hour ago, killer8217 said:

Edit: Still trying to fix it to no avail. Setting 0 gives me an infinite loading menu loading. Setting 1 gives me that error i have shown above and the game inevitably crashes. Im stuck. I literally did nothing to cause this. No changes whatsoever

That error mean that your game are getting the maximun posible memory usage in a 32 bits application, exactly 3.5 GB because 512 mb are reserved by the operating system. In a game like Skyrim the limit is from 3.1 GB to 3.3 GB because need some aditional buffers for video and audio. But that is practicaly imposible before get the Main Menu.

Change the video configuration to Windowed Mode and, while you have that error in the screen, open the task manager and look how many memory are ussing TESV.exe and enbhost.exe

Search specifically the process enbhost.exe that can be hided with a plus simbol under the name Skyrim because you have Win10. 

If you not have the process enbhost.exe you have a problem in the ENB configuration. Verify that you have the executable enbhost.exe in the main folder of the game, the same that have TESV.exe, of course outside MO. ENB can not be instaled or managed with MO. Must be installed MANUALLY.

1 hour ago, GenioMaestro said:

That error mean that your game are getting the maximun posible memory usage in a 32 bits application, exactly 3.5 GB because 512 mb are reserved by the operating system. In a game like Skyrim the limit is from 3.1 GB to 3.3 GB because need some aditional buffers for video and audio. But that is practicaly imposible before get the Main Menu.

Change the video configuration to Windowed Mode and, while you have that error in the screen, open the task manager and look how many memory are ussing TESV.exe and enbhost.exe

Search specifically the process enbhost.exe that can be hided with a plus simbol under the name Skyrim because you have Win10. 

If you not have the process enbhost.exe you have a problem in the ENB configuration. Verify that you have the executable enbhost.exe in the main folder of the game, the same that have TESV.exe, of course outside MO. ENB can not be instaled or managed with MO. Must be installed MANUALLY.

Game isn't even using 30% of the CPU nor memory. However the ENB host doesnt seem to use any power AT ALL. It seemed stuck at 0%. And yup aparrently i got the same exact error again

Edit: Disabling Dual Shealth Redux along with its patcher fixes all issues. Whats going on here?

Edit 2: As of right now im running the patcher again to see if that fixes it. So weird

Edit 3: Rerun the Patcher, took a LONG time, restarted MO just in case. This time no error. Idk if i should even try to enable Interesting NPCs anymore. My game is dying

Edit 4: Aaaand it did it again. In game this time while fast traveling. Im also experiencing some insane script lag that i didnt really have before

2 hours ago, killer8217 said:

Game isn't even using 30% of the CPU nor memory. However the ENB host doesnt seem to use any power AT ALL. It seemed stuck at 0%. And yup aparrently i got the same exact error again

Edit: Disabling Dual Shealth Redux along with its patcher fixes all issues. Whats going on here?

Edit 2: As of right now im running the patcher again to see if that fixes it. So weird

Edit 3: Rerun the Patcher, took a LONG time, restarted MO just in case. This time no error. Idk if i should even try to enable Interesting NPCs anymore. My game is dying

Edit 4: Aaaand it did it again. In game this time while fast traveling. Im also experiencing some insane script lag that i didnt really have before

The general CPU and memory usage is not important. We know that you have enougth CPU and RAM.

We need know EXACTLY how many memory use each executable. Take a look to this post where the user have Win10 and take a screenshot of the exact memory usage of each process ussing the task manager.

That is exactly the numbers that we need know. How many memory are used in each process.

Seems that you have some problems. First, I not know why you disable Dual Shealth Redux. Maybe only for make a diferent test disabling others mods? And why run the patcher again? And why is so slow?

But works? Because is not clear.

What exactly happend again? The message from Crash Fixes saying that you run out of memory?

Then, the game has started. You are not getting CTD before the Main Menu.

But what mods have you enabled? Have you activated 3DNPC and the game start whitout Dual SR?

Archived