Problems with downloads

I am also having issues with download with the site recently, "LAPF - version 1.6a1" is what I was trying to download. In the past I've had no problem downloading large file from this site, however I am now limited to files smaller than 20Mb's because the download speed would start at 200Kb/s and then slowly drop down to 5-20kb/s before the file fails to download. I have tried downloading from file shaing sites with no problem, even a 1Gb file from MEGA completed with no problems while holding a stable 800Kb/s.

1. Browser name and version

64bit Firefox 43.0.4

2. OS Type

Windows 7

3. Internet Service & Provider

100mbps Fibre - Spark New Zealand

4. Virus scanner name and version

Avast (Tried turning it off, still had the same results)

5. Browser addons or extensions

Tried disabling but still had the same results.

6. Proxy

None

Firewall on my PC and Modem r both disabled, that's all I can think of.

Edit: I just completed the downloading "LAPF - version 1.6a1" at a stable 800Kb/s after many failed attempts. I have no idea what happened, I'll try download other files to see if everything is in working order.

Edit2: Ok, no idea how but the problem looks like it solved itself. I tried downloading another file I had trouble with "Sexlab Framework" and it too completed and was at a stable 800Kb/s. Might had been an issue with my ISP, great news that I am able to download with no problems again.

I have a download issue.

Was picking through some sexlab goodies and all of a sudden they were showing up as solitaire8 files, not all just some.

Went over to that other site and gave it a try and all  the files downloaded correctly.

Windows 10 won't allow me to "save as" at least I'm missing how to enable the option. The files all head to the download file. I try to rename and  extract with pea zip and no luck. They show up as .rar or .7z solitaire8 files. I see the issue has happened in the past and never came across the solution in the forums. Needle in a haystack.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help with this matter. Go patreon

I have a download issue.

Was picking through some sexlab goodies and all of a sudden they were showing up as solitaire8 files, not all just some.

Went over to that other site and gave it a try and all  the files downloaded correctly.

Windows 10 won't allow me to "save as" at least I'm missing how to enable the option. The files all head to the download file. I try to rename and  extract with pea zip and no luck. They show up as .rar or .7z solitaire8 files. I see the issue has happened in the past and never came across the solution in the forums. Needle in a haystack.

Thanks for the reply.

Changing the file path for downloading I have.

One thing I have noticed is that it mostly affects files in .rar format.  Only had luck with a couple of rar .

7z loads fine.

Maybe Windows 10 doesn't recognize older versions of rar .   

Might just need to tell windows which program to use to open or work with .rar files. I had to tell windows what program I wanted .dds and .nif files to be opened with ;). 7zip has opened all most anything that wasn't corrupted that I have thrown to it. Once or twice in the past I had to tell windows to use 7zip to open the file. If there is an option to chooose what files to open when installing I would say choose all except for those files format you have no info or understanding where they are from or of course those files you want to open with another program..

I've met the "resource not found" problem on Simple Slavery v4.331 today. I use Firefox and if I download with browser, it would just fail after some time with no indication of the reason, and Firefox is not capable of resuming a download. I also tried DownThemAll!, a Firefox addon, but that one fails outright for not sending the authenticating cookies for some reason.

It's good I have a tech-savvy backup plan.

1. I have a aria2 setup and uses aria2-webui to access it.

2. I opened the "Network" developer panel in Firefox (right click anywhere in page -> "Inspect Element" -> "Network" tab) and click the "Download" button to get the request sent to download the file.

3. I got the URI and "Cookies" header from the request.

4. I added the URI and "Cookies" to "header" in advanced options and started the download.

Then the "resource not found" problem is seen after the download is past 85%. I had to manually resume it. Interestingly, from when I resume to hitting the problem is always exactly 10 seconds. I finished the download and the file is fine.

hi I have a worry my download stops working when I already download a lot of mods on skyrim, when I click on the download I have a count time of 10 seconds and I have his, which appears :
Oops! Something went wrong!

I try to empty the cache of mozilla firefox, try another web browser and even another computer .nothing do and for several months

FYI I have a DSL connection (BOX) I have Windows 10
I can be around 10 post I block by the site I do not know.

Fr :

salut moi j'ai un soucis mes téléchargement ne fonctionne plus alors que j'ai déjà télécharger pas mal de mods sur skyrim  , la quand je clique sur télécharger j'ai un décompte de temps de 10 secondes , puis j'ai sa qui apparait :
Oops! Something went wrong!  

j'ai essayer de vide le cache de mozilla firefox, essayer un autre navigateur web et même un autre ordinateur .rien a faire et ce depuis plusieurs Mois

pour info j'ai une connexion ADSL ( BOX ) j'ai Windows 10
j'ai 10 post environs peut être que je suis bloquer par le site je ne sais pas .

Hi folks!
So here's my problem: I simply CAN'T download pretty much ANY rar file from LL.
When I'm using IDM to download some rar file, the download manager just fails to trace the file's link and my download begins through browser.
If I'm trying to add the link manually in IDM, the server start to ask me for authorization. But even if I type my login and password, the server just asks me for another authorization which is ends with the same result. And another, and another...
But anyway, when I'm trying to download the rar file through browser (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, whatever), the downloading process just stops onto 1 mb or so.
This problems concerns only rar files, because I don't encounter the same trouble with zip or 7z. IDM intercepts this correctly and any downloads through IDM or browser were successful for both.
My internet connection is not very fast (200-300 Kb/s), but it constant and stable. I'm experienced no issues with downloading rar files from Nexus or any other site. It happens only with LL.
So I wanna know if it just me or I'm not the only one who faced the problem?

Hi Aequus,

I have the same problems. From my experiences it have nothing to do with the file type more with the size. Smaller files until 30mb I have good chances to download but bigger ones are often stopping at around 40-60mb.

Without having special knowledge about those things I think of something the server is closing the connection after some time. Maybe because it is calculating how long the download would take and it is taking too high values (?)

The only way to come around this would be the ability to using a DL manager like DownThemAll. I think this could also reduce server traffic as to download a 60MB mod I have to try around 5 times what means I cause a traffic of around 150MB instead just 60mb...if it will work at all. :(

The only way to come around this would be the ability to using a DL manager like DownThemAll. I think this could also reduce server traffic as to download a 60MB mod I have to try around 5 times what means I cause a traffic of around 150MB instead just 60mb...if it will work at all. :(

Yes, I suspected as much. Like DownThemAll, IDM also splits traffic and uses multiple connections to download the file. At first, I was consider this little feature as a root of whole problem.

However, my attempt to manually limit the number of connections to only one (like in the browser) was unsuccessful and bring me no luck, because IDM still refuses to download the files as well as asks me for some kind of authorization.

So I guess the one who wants to download something from LL should do so through really fast connection because otherwise the server will ring a bell eventually and call a time-out.

But frankly, your problem is more pain in the ass than mine. At least, I'm still able to download 7z and zip files without any matters of a size, while you having troubles with anything more than 40-6- MB in length.

What a heck?! Hopefully, the problem will be fixed soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...

In the end, after some time I think I understood what was my issue with the download, I forgot to report it here. I had a timeout exactly after 1 minute from the begin of the download, and since the speed was pretty much constant I was induced to think it was stopping after 1 Mb, as I've read some had this issue (sometimes my net is that slow, constantly). Note that I'm not sure this timeout is from my side, or I'd have other issues in some other places. Unless other places resume automatically and LL doesn't. I have no satellite, it's a common house connection.

In the end, after some time I think I understood what was my issue with the download, I forgot to report it here. I had a timeout exactly after 1 minute from the begin of the download, and since the speed was pretty much constant I was induced to think it was stopping after 1 Mb, as I've read some had this issue (sometimes my net is that slow, constantly). Note that I'm not sure this timeout is from my side, or I'd have other issues in some other places. Unless other places resume automatically and LL doesn't. I have no satellite, it's a common house connection.

The simplest solution is to get a download manager like Flashget. Anything that's independent of your browser and can pause and resume downloads. It's useful to have even if you do have DSL/satellite; sometimes even the best services flake out due to hardware problems or weather. Or shoddy service to begin with (damn you, Centurylink! :@). Before anyone says anything, I'd switch if I could but they're the only ISP in town except Hughes Net which is ten times as expensive.

The simplest solution is to get a download manager like Flashget. Anything that's independent of your browser and can pause and resume downloads. It's useful to have even if you do have DSL/satellite; sometimes even the best services flake out due to hardware problems or weather. Or shoddy service to begin with (damn you, Centurylink! :@). Before anyone says anything, I'd switch if I could but they're the only ISP in town except Hughes Net which is ten times as expensive.

I use a download manager since always, and it never resumed on LL, and not only for me. Not even before the rollback.

I use a download manager since always, and it never resumed on LL, and not only for me. Not even before the rollback.

Whoops, forgot about sites that need to be logged in to download. When you choose to download the file, there should be an option in the window that pops up to log in where you can type your user name and password for the site. That should let you resume. If it's already filled in then replace it with the user name and password of the site your downloading from just to be safe.

try checking your hard drive for errors ... most people with this issue are on the virge of loosing their hard drive to corrupted data paths or blocks within their hard drive that are loosing their writting data transfer surfaces,  there are many reason for this to happen, sometimes its from exstended or over used hard drives that are working constantly for both gaming and O/S functions, other times it may be from excessife file transferring and storage usage, old age , or the new thing that has been going around here lately ... that would be the "No i purchased this hard drive new a few weeks to a few months ago ... trouble with that saying is early last year Thailand hard drive mfg companies "Samsung/Westerndigital,Mitsumi,HP,white label,Toshiba, and a few others were flooded out for nearly 8 months and the hard drives they had in stock were nuthing more then expensive paperweights, but a good 70% of those flooded HDDs were sold to US and European companys for recycling yet around 50% of those hard drives came up as unnaccounted for during the recycling. and there was a big stink about that in almost all the papers here in the USA ... they were showwing up at retail stores as "NEW" hard drives or sold on Ebay

I am certain that hard drive issues can cause this but this is happening to me only here and on 2 computers, one of which being brand new.

• 2 weeks later...

Having an issue with downloading: requires permission or authorization from the server. I downloaded from here before without any issues. Tried browser download and then FDM. I used my User and Pass for the download, still no luck. This has been happening for all of my downloads so far.

• 1 month later...

I have a download issue.

I have windows 10 I get the same thing with .rar  files.

The only fix is to go to downloads folder and select rename and change .solitaire8 back to .rar then it opens just fine.

When you right click the file and select rename is going to try to replace the file name not the file type, you need to drag your mouse across the .solitaire8 to highlight(make blue) just that part and change that part of the file name back to .rar after the change it should not have the word .solitaiire8 in the file name. You will get an error message about changing the file type creating an error making it unreadable but that message in this case can be ignored.

For me this always works for me.

This problem from what I have seen only happens when downloading .rar files make sure you are setting it the right file type for what the download should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is a new one for me atleast:

"You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete"

So after d/l 2 files (lovers creatures 2.0  [one file at time]) I get that error everytime I try to d/l any other file.

All cookies etc removed, restarts, secondary browsers, login/out, pingin LL server (200ms).

So just wondering why I did get the 2 files, but not the third?

Try again.

Fixed.

Thank you!

(just for the reference, what did I do wrong?)

g​

Hello,

I am new in this community and The download process is bugging for me. When I try to download something ( i tryed for different mod ) it says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" and "You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete".

I have been to dl a few files before this problem occured

My problem is the same but permanently.

The fact is that I don't have any current download. I tryed to log in/out and restart my computer ( actually 3 hours separated my turn down to my turn on ) so now I don't know what to do .I also tried different browser ( Microsoft edge, chrome Firefox) and deleting my cookie/history. I'm writting you because I looked for a while in the topic and didn't find topics about that.

I am on Windows 10

Well this is a new one for me atleast:

"You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete"

So after d/l 2 files (lovers creatures 2.0  [one file at time]) I get that error everytime I try to d/l any other file.

All cookies etc removed, restarts, secondary browsers, login/out, pingin LL server (200ms).

So just wondering why I did get the 2 files, but not the third?

Try again.

Fixed.

Thank you!

(just for the reference, what did I do wrong?)

g​

Hello,

I am new in this community and The download process is bugging for me. When I try to download something ( i tryed for different mod ) it says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" and "You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete".

I have been to dl a few files before this problem occured

My problem is the same but permanently.

The fact is that I don't have any current download. I tryed to log in/out and restart my computer ( actually 3 hours separated my turn down to my turn on ) so now I don't know what to do .I also tried different browser ( Microsoft edge, chrome Firefox) and deleting my cookie/history. I'm writting you because I looked for a while in the topic and didn't find topics about that.

I am on Windows 10

Receiving the same issue.

I'm not downloading anything and any attempt to download any mods from loverslab are met with "You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete."

As stated with the others I was able to download quite a few mods before this error started. 

Essentially I'm in the same boat as fenuastyle.

I'm also having trouble with downloading files.

If I don't straight up get the "You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete." error, my files start to download somewhat slow, then hang at the very last moment before it would be complete. Then it stays there for a minute or two and says the download failed.

I've tried deleting cookies and history. Downloading files from other sites work just fine.