Problems with downloads

Just had a couple more thoughts of things you could try to get a bit more insight as to what might be wrong.

Try downloading from both of these links:

http://dev.eeveelab.com/.files/laravel.zip

This one is on the same server as loverslab but a different domain, that should tell if it has anything to do with the forum software or domain.

http://dir.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=18313

This one is an alternate address to the attachment on this post instead of www, which skips going through Cloudflare's network

laravel.zip

Both the links and the attachment file were downloaded without any problems.

Edit: okay i did more testing, i went to this thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14612-relhairy-vaginas-of-skyrim-for-those-wanting-a-more-frazetta-like-look/ and tried to download the attachments in there and the files that were 1+ and 3+ mb downloaded with no problems, but at the files of 6+mb my download froze at 600KB...this really looks like some size restriction, but then how am i able to download files on the nexus that are 50+ 100+ mb large :s

Can you try all 3 again and see if they continue to work?

Yeah sure, ill inform you in a few minutes.

Edit: okay all of the files downloaded with not problems.

Are the downloads you are having problem with a simliar size? Can you point me to a mod you know you had problems with in the past so I can upload that mod to these links? So I can rule out it's not just this particular file that's working.

Are the downloads you are having problem with a simliar size? Can you point me to a mod you know you had problems with in the past so I can upload that mod to these links? So I can rule out it's not just this particular file that's working.

The downloads i have problems with are usualy of bigger size then the attachments here, my first problem started with sexis, i was able to download all files except the data pack wich is 17mb http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12080-sexis-sex-in-skyrim-alpha-updated-feb-23/.

Basicaly files of 1+mb, 3+ mb i have no problems to download, but files of 6+ mb and up freeze at 600kB.

I actually never had problems to download anything from here, but this all started after the site changed its look.

The first link worked and downloaded it without any problems.. O.o, im going to try out the other 2, might take a while but i let you know asap.

The second link works also, only the attachment froze at 300kB and gives me the same error i been getting everywhere.

Edit: okay on a second try the attachment is working also it seems, i went over the 600kb without problem.

The file downloaded from the attachment too and i went back to the original thread to try the attachment again and now it downloads properly too...what the hell...O.o

Went to check sex addict mod that i had the same problem with and its downloading without a problem too.

The first link worked and downloaded it without any problems.. O.o, im going to try out the other 2, might take a while but i let you know asap.

The second link works also, only the attachment froze at 300kB and gives me the same error i been getting everywhere.

Edit: okay on a second try the attachment is working also it seems, i went over the 600kb without problem.

The file downloaded from the attachment too and i went back to the original thread to try the attachment again and now it downloads properly too...what the hell...O.o

Went to check sex addict mod that i had the same problem with and its downloading without a problem too.

Try just the attachments one more time, I had cloudflare turned off for the entire site when it worked for you there. I've turned it back on now. If it's still working than it's not related to anything I've mentioned today and the problem simply fixed itself somewhere along the line, if it's broken again there is a strong chance it's your internet not playing nice with cloudflare.

Yep the problem is back :-/

Is there any way to fix this, some sort of software or configuration so my internet works with cloudflare? :-/

No wonder i had problems to download from mega.com.nz as they are using cloudflare too if im not mistaken....sigh.

Remy you are sure determined to get this working... :)

I am not an expert by far however it seems it is down to either your computer or your internet provider...

Can you try downloading from someone else's computer with a different provider?????

If that works correctly then see if they will be kind enough to allow you to set up your computer there and see if you can download using your computer on their network.

If that works you know it is your provider. You might need to change providers. Your provider is screwing up your downloading.

If that dosn't work you know it is your computer and some setting in that computer that needs to be fixed and your provider and this web site is fully functional.

At this point since it seemed to work before perhaps one of two options: 1) use a previous backup or 2) if you don't have a previous backup a OS reinstall and reload of needed programs. I know it is a lot of work backing up your files and reloading and updating the computer but It does give you a chance to fix various problems and potentially see where the problem started. If you do this please make sure you have a backup of the clean OS install on your computer so that you can return to that backup.

Just my 2 cents.

Remy you are sure determined to get this working... :)

I am not an expert by far however it seems it is down to either your computer or your internet provider...

Can you try downloading from someone else's computer with a different provider?????

If that works correctly then see if they will be kind enough to allow you to set up your computer there and see if you can download using your computer on their network.

If that works you know it is your provider. You might need to change providers. Your provider is screwing up your downloading.

If that dosn't work you know it is your computer and some setting in that computer that needs to be fixed and your provider and this web site is fully functional.

At this point since it seemed to work before perhaps one of two options: 1) use a previous backup or 2) if you don't have a previous backup a OS reinstall and reload of needed programs. I know it is a lot of work backing up your files and reloading and updating the computer but It does give you a chance to fix various problems and potentially see where the problem started. If you do this please make sure you have a backup of the clean OS install on your computer so that you can return to that backup.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for the tips, i am actually waiting to get a new HDD where i install the new OS, that way everything will be fresh and clean.

I know im being annoying with all the whining, but it irk's me that i cant download some of these awesome mods here and since everyone is uploading to the new megaupload, wich i cant download from either its like staring at delicous food, but not able to eat it :P

Im going to stop spamming though, already bothered ashal more then enough, now that i know what the problem is i need to get a better connection....that will be hard though since im living on a snowy mountain outside civilization, so no cable internet here aviliable.

Oh and big thanks to you Ashal and for your patience with me :angel:

I believe that I as well as others here on this site can agree that it can be frustrating to be able to see and read all the great things you can do with these mod and not be able to participate. Like a kid stuck in a room while all the neighbors kids are having a great time playing outside.

After getting everything else worked out on the hardware side of things try again and see if you can get some downloading done!

Then start again. :D:P:D:cool:

Just one last check to confirm it is indeed cloudflare being the problem.

Try downloading from this link:

It's an entirely different server, but also using cloudflare.

If that fails, I'd feel safe assuming cloudflare is the problem. Not really much I can do about it however. I may look at removing cloudflare from the site in the future depending on how current site optimizations go, at the moment though their free caching service is simply saving the site to much bandwidth to warrant removing it for a couple of people having problems, so no grantees. I'd suggest maybe contacting cloudflare support and telling them your unable to download files over a certain size from any site hosted on cloudflare, I don't know what they'd be able to do about it, but worth a try I guess.

I believe that I as well as others here on this site can agree that it can be frustrating to be able to see and read all the great things you can do with these mod and not be able to participate. Like a kid stuck in a room while all the neighbors kids are having a great time playing outside.

After getting everything else worked out on the hardware side of things try again and see if you can get some downloading done!

Then start again. :D:P:D:cool:

Yeah, i wont give up ! :P

Just one last check to confirm it is indeed cloudflare being the problem.

Try downloading from this link:

It's an entirely different server, but also using cloudflare.

If that fails, I'd feel safe assuming cloudflare is the problem. Not really much I can do about it however. I may look at removing cloudflare from the site in the future depending on how current site optimizations go, at the moment though their free caching service is simply saving the site to much bandwidth to warrant removing it for a couple of people having problems, so no grantees. I'd suggest maybe contacting cloudflare support and telling them your unable to download files over a certain size from any site hosted on cloudflare, I don't know what they'd be able to do about it, but worth a try I guess.

Yes the download froze at 600KB :-/

Never thought something like this can couse such a headache, i never expected from you to stop this service though, just because i have problems, never would asked for something like that anyway.

Thanks to you i figured out what the problem is, im really grateful for your help and also sorry that i bothered you..well i guess i try to write them about this problem, but probably going to have to wait until my contract on this internet provider runs out and try to get some other.

Again thank you, i wouldnt have probably figured this out alone. :)

Don't know if this is the right place.
4shared changed some things, now uploaders must set their mods to public use.
Currently there are many folders unavailable.(LoversMotionsNT or Dominatrix mod)
As I locked in I got a message that my folders are not set to public use.(I set them to public use)
So everybody how have uploads at 4shared should check their accounts.

Edit: tested it. My files are downloadable again. I hope 4shared gets no  "MediaFire-disease"

Don't know if this is the right place.

4shared changed some things, now uploaders must set their mods to public use.

Currently there are many folders unavailable.(LoversMotionsNT or Dominatrix mod)

As I locked in I got a message that my folders are not set to public use.(I set them to public use)

So everybody how have uploads at 4shared should check their accounts.

Edit: tested it. My files are downloadable again. I hope 4shared gets no  "MediaFire-disease"

With things like the "MediaFire-disease" why can we just have some torrents? At least for the largest mods. Even if it is an option. Then nobody can stop it.  Yes it will take a longer time to download the newest mods and additions but they will be available. I use Torrents for other things like Linux distros etc.

Just a thought..

Remy your fine and your pc is fine and your downloads are fine, the issue you just pointed out is that you downloaded 600kbs then it froze , that's telling you , that you have no more room to store information on your current setup. your hard drives are full .

as for your new hdd that you are awaiting on all you haft a do if you are running windows 7

install the hard drive don't format it

turn your pc on

then

goto your Start Button,

right click on My Computer

select Manage

that will bring up

Computer Management

double click on Storage

double click Disk Management

now if your hard drive doesn't come up in the main center window then you will need to navigate to the left hand column and Right Click Disk Management under storage and select RESCAN DISKS

when your hard drive is found it will list it in the center window and there will be a black bar under it , Right click on the hard drive and select format this hard drive

you can give it a name

Select NTFS in the filesystem label

allocation unit size leave on default

and most importantly untick the PERFORM A QUICK FORMAT

then click OK

then just wait for it to complete and when your done you will have your current hard drive and your new fresh hard drive, when you do get it up and running i would recommend moving your game downloads mainly your WINRAR 7-zip files to your new hard drive a free up your main hard drive

Thank you GreyDeath im glad my pc is okay and yeah i gotta get rid of the zips, they are really cluttering my pc....pretty much all mods from oblivion,skyrim, fallout3/NV, dragon age are there, its really a big collection and they are everywhere, total mess hehe.

Hey there Remy i know the feeling and run into that problem once every 6 months or so ... I think i have just about every mod out there  and have the 16tb's to prove it, trouble is every time it happens to me it means i need another hard drive, right now on this machine i have 2x4tb WD hard drives and 4x2TB hard drives and its a real pain on the ole wallet when it comes to needing another one

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm getting this same exact issue. I have doubts that it's the hard drive (as far as space is concerned there is 200gigs free which is nearly half). Basically my downloads on this site and only this site stop at a random point and save the file as corrupt. I have tried IE, Mozilla, and Chrome. Clear cache, shit cleared everything I could think of. Then I switched off wireless, switched back on wireless, tried to use a proxy. NOTHING at all worked from this one site.

I'm stupified :angry:

It is NOT just Remy or his ISP, the problem is persistent and prevalent. I'm on different ISP, tried 4 browsers already, the ISP is VERY stable, one of the best ISP in Europe. So far tested and no success on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer 11. No download managers help either.

Symptoms: downloads from loverslab disconnecting/dropping connection mid download randomly. Sometimes at start sometimes way in the middle of download. Files larger than 1 mb have problems. Sometimes it works, but for instance to download Sexout Framework data files (75mb) i had to retry for 50+ times until it successfully downloaded. Download usually drops at some point resulting in a corrupted (incomplete) archive download.

I do web development and CMS for a living, so debug is my bread and butter, and I can tell you it is NOT CLIENT side problem. In numerous replies here that I've read through, you are just chasing wrong goose... Going to such ridiculous ideas as HDD failure... Seriously?

The problem is persistent prevalent and absolutely annoying. Whatever you are using as you downloads host is either dropping all connections whenever another user requests connection or for God only knows what other reason. Sometimes one can get 49 MB into 75 MB download sometimes it's stall after first 3 MB etc. Totally random, but the symptom is dead clear: file server of host dropped established connection to client.

Please stop posting and confusing people about it being their browser or computer problems, people should not be left to frustrate themselves to hell, to buy new hardware or curse at their ISPs support because of this site's problem. The problem is with loverslab site alone. Nexus mods and all other downloads continue to download flawlessly with no regard to filesize.

The same symptom is reported in at least four other threads on this forum and descriptions all do match.

I haven't read all the pages in this thread yet but it is not affecting downloads.... uploads are nearly impossible as well.

I tried to upload new versions of two mods and in both cases i am seeing this:

- The edit form shows empty thumbnails where pictures were attached

- Uploading a file results in a red box with the file name, no link and no file uploaded

why are downloads from this site being interrupted then when resumed says cannot be downloaded happens most of the time although at times I do get 1 to download I am trying to download the sex lab extras addons whatever you call the mods that add to it