Problems with downloads

Ixera, Information is greatly needed so we can figure out what the culprit is.

It could be your web browser or it could be your internet provider. Satellite internet connectes like Hughs has a problem with LL and doesn't work.

Then that is my problem I have Hughes Net satellite internet 

I'll have to connect somewhere else to download 

I will see if that solves it, thank you though 

that was exactly my problem, I switched my cell phone into a hot-spot and downloaded and it worked like a charm 

too bad about hughes net, the only reason they are in business is because people in rural areas have no choice but to let them rip you off 

I'm also suffering on a HughesNet connection, and don't have the luxury of a mobile hotspot to connect through. I did, however, discover another work around. Using a VPN, you can re-route your HughesNet connection through another end-point, which, somehow, fixes the issue with downloads not starting. I've tested two free VPN providers that seem to work for me:

- PrivateTunnel

- CyberGhost

PrivateTunnel has a download and speed limit, and CyberGhost seems to only have a speed limit, but, reduced bandwidth is better than no download at all. I'm sure other free and paid VPN providers will also work. Hopefully, this information is helpful to other users stuck with orbital-based data transmission. :D

Download problems continue since site rollback, some work perfectly fine others start then slow to 1 or 2 k then fail or just stall out then fail, resuming download does not work. I can download from any other site with no issues. Verizon FIOS 25MB symmetrical business class connection.

EDIT:

Using Firefox 44.03 tried clearing cache, clear cookies, logged out from site, file still fails, specifically data file from SexoutNG, but others randomly fail, others download just fine. Tried IE 11 also fails even worse.

Hope this can be fixed

post-139201-0-12630300-1453504226_thumb.jpg

Download problems continue since site rollback, some work perfectly fine others start then slow to 1 or 2 k then fail or just stall out then fail, resuming download does not work. I can download from any other site with no issues. Verizon FIOS 25MB symmetrical business class connection.

EDIT:

Using Firefox 44.03 tried clearing cache, clear cookies, logged out from site, file still fails, specifically data file from SexoutNG, but others randomly fail, others download just fine. Tried IE 11 also fails even worse.

Hope this can be fixed

So my problem right now is that Sexout Data is failing to download all the way, nothing else is having this problem just the Data. I need the Data to run Spunk, so I am stuck in this loop of the Data failing to download. attachicon.giffaildownload.jpg

And I did download and was able to install it into FOMM (Prides version 32bit). It worked.

Hope all this info helps resolve or point to a solution. This is happening from an established member and a new member and checked to make sure the files and links is good. Not sure of the problem.

used Firefox 44.04.. in case that matters.

EDIT:

Hope this can be fixed

So my problem right now is that Sexout Data is failing to download all the way, nothing else is having this problem just the Data. I need the Data to run Spunk, so I am stuck in this loop of the Data failing to download. attachicon.giffaildownload.jpg

And I did download and was able to install it into FOMM (Prides version 32bit). It worked.

Hope all this info helps resolve or point to a solution. This is happening from an established member and a new member and checked to make sure the files and links is good. Not sure of the problem.

So after clearing everything in FireFox and having the most up to date version of it. The download still fails.

EDIT:

Hope this can be fixed

So after clearing everything in FireFox and having the most up to date version of it. The download still fails.

Yes. it would .. There was almost no changes that I could tell from 44.03 to 44.04. Your issue has to be something besides the web browser.

Folks, satellite connections just don't work worth a shit.  Don't know why and Ashal has never been able to figure out what the issue is.  

So if that is your issue, we can't help at this time.  If that is not your issue, then give us as much information as you can so we can try to help you.

Folks, satellite connections just don't work worth a shit.  Don't know why and Ashal has never been able to figure out what the issue is.  

So if that is your issue, we can't help at this time.  If that is not your issue, then give us as much information as you can so we can try to help you.

That knocks my current internet(Hughesnet. bleh) out, and I have no other options. However, I was having the same problem on my cable ISP before I moved to my current location. Thing is, on that cable ISP, i could download stuff from this site, and managed to download quite a few mods, and get my Skyrim fully modded. Then, for no apparent reason, I could no longer download any large files( thus far, on my satellite internet, I have managed to download a small, 15kb file with no problem, in horrible weather(blizzard conditions). I have yet to try larger files to determine if it is a some kind of data limit, but that file downloaded easily, but lager files simply result in a 'sorry, we can't find that file' message. I can download from other sites, no problem. I realise that you can't help me, but thought i would let you know, in case  something comes to light in the future. the file that worked for me is here: http://www.loverslab.com/files/go/5a1930e24c3d978d98d7a2d4f839de56/non-devious-devices

That knocks my current internet(Hughesnet. bleh) out, and I have no other options. However, I was having the same problem on my cable ISP before I moved to my current location. Thing is, on that cable ISP, i could download stuff from this site, and managed to download quite a few mods, and get my Skyrim fully modded. Then, for no apparent reason, I could no longer download any large files( thus far, on my satellite internet, I have managed to download a small, 15kb file with no problem, in horrible weather(blizzard conditions). I have yet to try larger files to determine if it is a some kind of data limit, but that file downloaded easily, but lager files simply result in a 'sorry, we can't find that file' message. I can download from other sites, no problem. I realise that you can't help me, but thought i would let you know, in case  something comes to light in the future. the file that worked for me is here: http://www.loverslab.com/files/go/5a1930e24c3d978d98d7a2d4f839de56/non-devious-devices

Do you have problems in downloading from file hosting sites like mega.nz or depositfile, or filesharing?

Do you have problems in downloading from file hosting sites like mega.nz or depositfile, or filesharing?

I have never had issues downloading from mega.nz I saw a suggestion of someone with a similar problem using a VPN to circumvent it. I will try that and post my results here, on this post, as an edit.

Sexout Data finally download and everything works fine once again.

Still no good for me, tried another dozen time thru the night and that file just won't download. always dies between 50 and 68 MB range. I can download lots other files from here but some just refuse to download. I can download anythings from anywhere else. Last time this happened was the last time the site was rolled back I think around a year ago or something. Oh well I will just go back to playing Skyrim since there is nothing else I can do on my end.

An no I am not on satellite, as previously stated I have Verizon FIOS.

post-139201-0-47656700-1453581916_thumb.jpg

I cant seem to be able to download ANYTHING from this website, I can see videos on youtube at 1080p, download anything from anywhere, Here my download starts with a velocity of 26-32 kbps and then it goes down thill it reaches 0 bps and stay lika that saying "Unknown network error". I repeat it ONLY HAPPENS WITH THIS WEBSITE, everything else seems to be working fine 

Folks, saying "I can't download from this site" isn't helpful to you or us.  PROVIDE INFORMATION.  We can't begin to figure out if there is a solution without you putting all your cards on the table.  No info, no help.  Simple as that.  Sorry, but we can't read minds.

Folks, saying "I can't download from this site" isn't helpful to you or us.  PROVIDE INFORMATION.  We can't begin to figure out if there is a solution without you putting all your cards on the table.  No info, no help.  Simple as that.  Sorry, but we can't read minds.

What information would help you? Basically the download is extremely slow ( 35-50KB/S ), I have 80MB/S download speed. I wouldn't mind waiting at this speed for it to download but it just drops to 0B/S randomly and then after a few seconds of no download speed it gives the "Failed - Network Error" message. I have tried on Firefox, Chrome, and IE. 

Hope that was able to explain a bit what is happening, even though it is basically the same as what others have said in this thread.

Edit: Tried same file 5 times in a row and it is completely random. I get to 70% sometimes before it stops and sometimes even to 95%.

Tried on OSX and same thing happened.

What information would help you? Basically the download is extremely slow ( 35-50KB/S ), I have 80MB/S download speed. I wouldn't mind waiting at this speed for it to download but it just drops to 0B/S randomly and then after a few seconds of no download speed it gives the "Failed - Network Error" message. I have tried on Firefox, Chrome, and IE. 

Hope that was able to explain a bit what is happening, even though it is basically the same as what others have said in this thread.

Edit: Tried same file 5 times in a row and it is completely random. I get to 70% sometimes before it stops and sometimes even to 95%.

Do you have Hugesnet as a provider by chance?

Because it is a known issue with that ISP and it seems to be something that Ashal can not fix from his side.

Do you have Hugesnet as a provider by chance?

Because it is a known issue with that ISP and it seems to be something that Ashal can not fix from his side.

Poster states he has 80MB/S download speed, I think that's way beyond hughes.net satellite speeds. ;)

Everything you can think of:

1. Browser name and version

2. OS type

3. Internet service type and provider

4. Virus scanner name and version

5. Browser addons or extensions

6. Using a proxy

Anything along those lines.  

Everything you can think of:

2. OS type

3. Internet service type and provider

6. Using a proxy

Anything along those lines.  

Browsers I tried to download on Windows 10:

• Chrome latest version (48.0.2564.82)
  • Firefox latest version (43.0.4)
  • Microsoft Edge

Browsers I tried to download on Macbook:

• Chrome latest version
  • Safari

2. OS Type

Windows 10

OS X El Capitan

3. Internet Service & Provider

Cable Modem - Xfinity/Comcast

On Windows 10 PC - Norton Security version 22.5.5.15

On Macbook - None

Tried to download with none/default extensions & addons.

6. Proxy

None

Thank you!

Update: I was able to finally download the 9MB file I was trying to download, had to try over and over until it managed to download before the timeout. So from the looks of it, if the file is not downloaded quick enough then it just stops the download completely. I don't think I will be able to download any file above 9MB.

• 2 weeks later...

Ixera, Information is greatly needed so we can figure out what the culprit is.

It could be your web browser or it could be your internet provider. Satellite internet connectes like Hughs has a problem with LL and doesn't work.

Then that is my problem I have Hughes Net satellite internet 

I'll have to connect somewhere else to download 

I will see if that solves it, thank you though 

that was exactly my problem, I switched my cell phone into a hot-spot and downloaded and it worked like a charm 

too bad about hughes net, the only reason they are in business is because people in rural areas have no choice but to let them rip you off 

I'm also suffering on a HughesNet connection, and don't have the luxury of a mobile hotspot to connect through. I did, however, discover another work around. Using a VPN, you can re-route your HughesNet connection through another end-point, which, somehow, fixes the issue with downloads not starting. I've tested two free VPN providers that seem to work for me:

- PrivateTunnel

- CyberGhost

PrivateTunnel has a download and speed limit, and CyberGhost seems to only have a speed limit, but, reduced bandwidth is better than no download at all. I'm sure other free and paid VPN providers will also work. Hopefully, this information is helpful to other users stuck with orbital-based data transmission. :D

Thanks Redrew89

I am stuck on hughesnet at home (I live so far out in the country that men are men and the cattle and sheep are scared)

this is confirmation that CyberGhost works for hughesnet users (may take a few tries) and will definitely slow down your

download speed (but slow is better than none), and best part is it's free :).

I thought it was a problem with my connection. I mean, maybe it is, but at least I somewhat feel better to see I'm not the only one with the issue.

I randomly can't manage to download the files we send each other via PM, when they are larger than 1 Mb.

It starts downloading and when it arrives at 1 Mb exact it stops. Few days ago I downloaded one (1.2 Mb) and it worked, few days before another file didn't work, now it isn't working again (1.2 Mb): it's pretty random but persistent, it comes back from time to time. The only things I tried to do were re-log on the site and turn off / on the router.

I can't exactly say when it started, since I don't send / receive files often via PM, but I don't remember to have had this before the rollback and the site before (the old-old site). But it's also true I had a windows reinstallation in the meantime, which is why I always thought it was a problem from me.

I have windows 7 and firefox, a pretty bad connection which is not satellite, but I don't know the other informations.

I also get randomly disconnected while i'm writing PMs - after I click SEND it tells me something like YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED and I see I am no more connected. I'm slow and it takes me a lot of time to write a message, maybe this is the reason.

Last, I've seen in one of the first posts, Ashal's answer to Resume, saying that it is enabled: it never worked for me here on LL, I also tried with a program named Down Them All - when it stops, it won't ever resume. But it works in other places.

These 2 last issues are not important, but I wanted to specify them in case they are somewhat related with the download thing.

EDIT: 8 attempts (half hour ago) stopped at 1 Mb, then I retried the nineth attempt now and I managed to download it. I can't see a common denominator on this, it really seems a random issue.

I have same problem but always get the hughes.net answer even though I have 25Mbps FIOS Business Class connection with static IP, I can download files of any size from any organization like MS, Symantec, YouTube, Mega, etc. No problems. But here I get random fails such as what was reported previously by others trying to download sexoutng files. I could not even pull down core at measly 500KB but could pull bodies file (28MB) in same session, then fail 10 times downloading data (80+MB). Tried for 5 days straight, tried all different times and other browsers, completely random. Finally I just gave up and stayed with the build I have, have not even tried last 2 betas because of this.

Resume? I just spit out some of my coffee :o, never seen that work either.

I have been here for several years and the server has always been very stable and I am grateful for the platform Ashal provides, I have only had these types of problems twice that I remember and both times I thought they were after server roll back but I might not be remembering correctly. :s

Hope it can be remedied