Problems with downloads

whenever I attempt to download the countdown starts and once it reaches 0 I am eather taken to t page that says nopermission or the browser redirects to a random jpeg on the lovers lab site. I have tried dissabling all extensions in chrome, installing and using firefox and ie to no avail.

And we are supposed to help by what.....random guessing?   :s

Post what type of connection, what mod, what redirect, have your cleared your browsers cache, have you flushed your DNS, have you scanned your system for viruses or malware?  Little stuff like that.....or we can just randomly guess.  Your call.   ;)

Fixed issue, turned off Content Delivery Optimization(CDO) on my verizon hotspot. :) Your post made me think to check the jetpack settings for some reason, thanks.

Download failing at 99% with Network Error PROBLEM SOLVED on Chrome on Windows 10:  disable HTTPS Everywhere extension.

Just to let people know - I was having trouble downloading big (95MB+) files, which always got to 99% before failing with a 'Network Error' (smaller files downloaded fine).   Based on a suggestion earlier on this forum, I solved by problem by disabling the 'HTTPS Everywhere' extension in Chrome, then re-logging in to LL.  Now, my downloads of files like 'Things in the Dark 1.71' and 'Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop V4.05' complete just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Large downloads fail at 99%.

I'm not on satellite internet. I've tried it with Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, latest builds, all extensions disabled, cookies and cache cleared. Chrome says something about a "network error". Zaz Animation Pack (about 90MB) doesn't work. Neither does SD+ (73 MB). Devious Devices Integration and Display Model (both in the 20MB range) download without trouble. The download speed is never slow, it just fails automatically at the last moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all, I too am having this exact same issue. 

1. All of the files I download seem to be cut off at the very end (eg a 190kb zip file becomes a 188kb zip) and register as an invalid archive. 

2. Some of these files were able to be downloaded before without issue, until they all started failing at once. 

3. I cleared my browser cache. 

4. I used another browser after a computer restart. 

5. I disabled my anti-virus.

6. I used an alternate archive program (winzip instead of 7zip... I know, I know)

7. I tried using a download manager. 

8. Power-cycled my router. 

9. Tried making a different account, still no dice. 

However, as soon as I switched to a second laptop and logged in, I was able to download and open a file that I was having previous trouble with. While I don't want to rush to a conclusion, that seems to indicate that the issue has to do with something with our computers and not the server. 

Can anyone else (who's having this same issue) download valid files on a second machine? 

Let me understand.

From one computer all is good. And from another, it is not?

That's correct. As long as the files are downloaded on the second computer, they are able to be opened without an issue. 

Then I don't think it is a problem of this web site.

Try to clean up the browser cache and cookies.

Let me understand.

From one computer all is good. And from another, it is not?

That's correct. As long as the files are downloaded on the second computer, they are able to be opened without an issue. 

Then I don't think it is a problem of this web site.

Try to clean up the browser cache and cookies.

3. I cleared my browser cache. 

"that seems to indicate that the issue has to do with something with our computers and not the server."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot.

I'm trying to download something here that's around 90 MB. I have slow Internet atm, so it takes around 40 minutes. I open Skyrim wjile I'm waiting, and 15 minutes in, I get "Download failed - Network Error". I then click "Resume", and I get "Failed - Authorization needed". LoversLab CDN is cutting off the download for no reason. I can download other things from the Nexus fine, but here it gets cut off. 

Strange. I've hit this issue twice now.
Found a discrepancy! 

Chrome fails, but somehow Microsoft Edge works fine. (It's the replacement for Internet Explorer)

Once for "Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures - SIC Addon" and again with ZazAnimationPack (woo dependancies.) 

Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit), Windows 10 64bit. Tried both regular and incognito mode (no extensions effectively).

Issue has been consistently that the download hits 99% (usually .1 megabyte),

Error has always been "Failed - Network Error" and on trying to resume it throws  Failed - Needs authorization"

Eh looks like i join the train lol i use Firefox, Chrome and some time opera browser net speed at around 9.81 mbps and i am failing on SOS T_T says to hours then Failed - Network Error after an hour is up its annoying as it was working fine when i got some stuff for FO3 an NV <,< also flushed dns clean browser data an hard reset my modem >.> 

Sos - 29.66MB

yet when its finished on mine its 16.4mb.... T___T i just want to play modded skyrim lol

Edited by coreyanime

I use Firefox and occasionally Chrome and don't have a problem downloading from this site.  Very rarely when someone points out they can't download something I check and can't. Mostly when that happens we have hit the bandwidth limit or whatever for the site and start getting those web errors where you can't even access the site.

well for def software i use kaspersky internet security but i did try with it closed also tried with no exstentions an on my other browsers.. just seems like LL site hates me waited a while managed to down load SOS got happy tried one more an was back to not being able to download so i slept thinking might work again after i wake up... no luck o.o.

Only mods i have been able to downloaded are the one that the uploaded have used a mega link as well as a LL link o.o... its annoying since i only have 3 mods left that i wanted -.-

Also woundered if it was because i hadn't posted but I haven't had that problem before an I have downloaded this stuff about 2 or 3 times before

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody that's troubleshooting and isn't seeing any improvement after clearing cookies+cache/switching browsers - it might be an ISP issue. I was having problems on two seperate machines connected to the same ISP. I ended up tethering my phone and trying to download from Loverslab through my phone's internet - no issues.

Just another thing to try for anybody reading this thread and having trouble.

• 2 weeks later...