Why Are We Here?

11 hours ago, jfraser said:

The truth is, we are not really here. We are figments of @Content ConsumerConsumerConsumerConConConsumer 's deranged imagination, which just goes to show how nuts he really is.

If y'all are just figments of my imagination, I'd like to complain to management. I've seen some of my own dreams, and this is way off. Where are all the nude hotties? Why can't I fly? I'd even accept the one where I'm trapped in a house surrounded by zombies and the only way to safety is to dig, mole-person-like, through the ground using my hands for several hundred yards. But no! What do I get? Six inches of snow! A leaky roof due to ice damming! A steadily dwindling bank account! A pulled groin muscle!* I'm very dissatisfied. You'll receive a harsh review, mark my words.

*from shoveling, you perverts.

1 hour ago, Content Consumer said:

If y'all are just figments of my imagination, I'd like to complain to management. I've seen some of my own dreams, and this is way off. Where are all the nude hotties? Why can't I fly? I'd even accept the one where I'm trapped in a house surrounded by zombies and the only way to safety is to dig, mole-person-like, through the ground using my hands for several hundred yards. But no! What do I get? Six inches of snow! A leaky roof due to ice damming! A steadily dwindling bank account! A pulled groin muscle!* I'm very dissatisfied. You'll receive a harsh review, mark my words.

*from shoveling, you perverts.

it's your brain, so you're management. complain away.

I adhere to the Cosmicist idea that we're flukes of evolution. Mistakes never intended to exist. Not (just) because it fits a nihilistic view of the universe but because I find it rather liberating. If we have no "higher purpose," we're free to forge our own purposes for existing without some greater power mandating otherwise.

So that means I'm free to make my purpose to play the Devil's Advocate on everything, to never take anything I see at face value, and to spread my own brand of insane humor best fit for those locked up in loony bins and working in DC. Things best embodied by Rabbids, insane French-Canadians who got a show on Cartoon Network, and anyone who's sick of snowflakes trying to impinge on free speech because it hurts their feelings. As well as those a part of the SULMA (Shut Up and Leave Me alone!) Party/Philosophy.

Over 99.999% of the universe is empty. The rest is energy. Matter is energy's anomalous form. And a human is incredibly complex arrangement of matter.

So do we actually even exist?

Eh, it's too late for this shit, i'll change my answer to sleep ?

• 1 month later...

We're here for nude/lewd crap, duh...

Oh.. wait.  You were looking for a more encompassing, existential why are we HERE sort of thing...

Why we're here and why we feel emotions (as the OP wonders) are two separate things, and only even share a link if you subscribe to any "higher power" philosophy, in which case, the answer becomes "Ask <insert your 'god' here>."

For myself, I'm 'here' because I'm too stubborn to die, and I wanna see how the story ends.

I've never liked endings, in terms of great movies/TV (admittedly rare) or books or games or... pretty much whatever.  If the story and characters are awesome, I really do wish it could somehow be eternal, though obviously, nothing is... so I always need to see how it ends.  Life.. pretty much the same thing.  It annoys me that I'll never live long enough to know how human society 'ends' (it will, eventually), or whether there's alien life out out there somewhere or not (I believe "out there" is far too massive for the answer to be no, but damn would I like to actually have the question answered definitively before I check out).

So, yeah.  I'm stubborn, and as others have said (Awesome Buffy reference up there, btw @Psalam.?) there's still too much beer that needs drinking.  I can't leave until I've done my part.  ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The only person that can assign meaning to your life is you

Most people that tackle question with activities, hobbies, interests and forming bonds with others   

If anyone is ever struggling or just needs a friend pm me x

44 minutes ago, dribbles2 said:

The only person that can assign meaning to your life is you

Most people that tackle question with activities, hobbies, interests and forming bonds with others   

If anyone is ever struggling or just needs a friend pm me x

Good answer. 3x.gif.f5c981ffec4ad43ca128d5158500a0f2.gif 3x.gif.f5c981ffec4ad43ca128d5158500a0f2.gif 3x.gif.f5c981ffec4ad43ca128d5158500a0f2.gif