I'm up to level 15 on a new toon. However, I've only just discovered Ivy, and I read that I ought to start her pretty much as soon as I'm out of Vault 111.

My question is this:

Am I going to miss so much content if I start her now that I ought to wind back to the beginning, or am I ok to install Ivy now?

On 11/16/2020 at 1:23 PM, Reginald_001 said:

That, or another mod that alters the vanilla .44 gun in some way or another.

Found it. took the time and went through mod list (FYI I use the WabbaJack Devils food Cake mod-list), the one affecting the .44's are "modern Weapon replace - MP-412 - FOMOD installer changes all .44' from what I can tell. Disabled the mod Ivy had her gun back.

19 hours ago, dferstat said:

My question is this:

Am I going to miss so much content if I start her now that I ought to wind back to the beginning, or am I ok to install Ivy now?

This is an "in the eye of the beholder" situation. Quantitatively speaking you won't miss anything game changing but personally I would recommend the restart so you don't miss anything. Ivy is …Interesting …On many levels and sometimes her comments while appearing unrelated are actually telling you things about Ivy, her nature or her situation.

Besides, I would never willingly miss Ivy's interaction with Marcy Long at the Museum of Freedom.

1 hour ago, Doctor Steam said:

This is an "in the eye of the beholder" situation. Quantitatively speaking you won't miss anything game changing but personally I would recommend the restart so you don't miss anything. Ivy is …Interesting …On many levels and sometimes her comments while appearing unrelated are actually telling you things about Ivy, her nature or her situation.

Besides, I would never willingly miss Ivy's interaction with Marcy Long at the Museum of Freedom.

That settles it. I'm going to rewind and start from the (very nearly) beginning. It's not a lot of work put in so far.

Besides, not matter how much I remind myself that Marcy Long is grieving (and probably also suffering from PTSD) boy does she get annoying. ?

Many thanks for your guidance, Doctor Steam!

15 hours ago, sudoadmin said:

Found it. took the time and went through mod list (FYI I use the WabbaJack Devils food Cake mod-list), the one affecting the .44's are "modern Weapon replace - MP-412 - FOMOD installer changes all .44' from what I can tell. Disabled the mod Ivy had her gun back.

'Problem'... 'Wabbajack'.

Well that said enough, don't use that shit.

On 11/11/2020 at 2:37 PM, Reginald_001 said:

beta version of my own multi follower mod

Wow! This is the most surprising news to me in a while. I don't want to say you caved to the cries of the masses, but you fuckin' caved to the cries of the masses  :P 

Seriously though - Given the forced companion nature of some quests, I guess this is actually a good thing as one can keep Ivy along and the game won't 'break' doing so. I myself having been fighting the urge to play FO4 again, so once the new voiced version is finally available I know I'm really going to enjoy it.

Voiced version, DLC quests done - and I'm In Like Flint. Thanks Reg!

On 11/23/2020 at 11:41 PM, Reginald_001 said:

'Problem'... 'Wabbajack'.

Well that said enough, don't use that shit.

Hmm...  I use (mostly) Thuggysmurf's mod list...  Is that shit too?    Not wanting to start a shit fight...  It will be a shitty day if I do.

3 hours ago, Shor said:

Hmm...  I use (mostly) Thuggysmurf's mod list...  Is that shit too?    Not wanting to start a shit fight...  It will be a shitty day if I do.

Thuggy is awesome! And Ivy loves the Thuggy universe. :)

Wabbajack release mods without asking the original authors and then proceed to earn money through Patreon, so they are pirating thieves.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, phillipswilliam92 said:

Jest tryed to down load Ivy 5.3 and for some reason it will not down load please help?

It's a google link, seems to work for me. ?

On 11/25/2020 at 1:24 AM, yidus1 said:

Just thinkin,, cant there be a thing where IF your Char is Female and wants to romance her that she doesn't spout the Sex with males stuff ? And just does it about women ?

Ivy already filters content between male/female PC.

19 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Thuggy is awesome! And Ivy loves the Thuggy universe. :)

Wabbajack release mods without asking the original authors and then proceed to earn money through Patreon, so they are pirating thieves.

I understand all that, but the OP said he used the LIST...  Never said if or if not he used the pack...  And some of their pack lists are pretty good.

Shor loves the Thuggy-verse too, BTW.  Cannot have a modded fallout without all of them.  And while we are shouting out, a shout-out to 'A diamond City Story'.  Another must have in my load order.     

21 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

She likes cocks. All PC specific remarks are filtered on PC gender.

Ok,,,, As I was going through Collage areas,, ie; that place where you read that they wanted to have you and hubby the war heros speak,

she could say something there,, or comment if you attended there or in shops If you used them..

That is one thing I felt was missing from Companions.. Here you have a Pre War person who saw all this in it's glory.. Where were the questions..

"Wow this must have looked great"  "Yeah it was" 

57 minutes ago, yidus1 said:

Ok,,,, As I was going through Collage areas,, ie; that place where you read that they wanted to have you and hubby the war heros speak,

she could say something there,, or comment if you attended there or in shops If you used them..

That is one thing I felt was missing from Companions.. Here you have a Pre War person who saw all this in it's glory.. Where were the questions..

"Wow this must have looked great"  "Yeah it was" 

The Male PC never got to attend the function, which he had been invited to. Nevertheless there could be some specific dialogue lines when the PC goes there with Ivy, somewhere in the like "I didn't get the chance to attend this function, I was invited to attend it." or like, "My husband didn't get the chance to attend this ceremony, he was eagerly waiting for this."

1 hour ago, Tron91 said:

The Male PC never got to attend the function, which he had been invited to. Nevertheless there could be some specific dialogue lines when the PC goes there with Ivy, somewhere in the like "I didn't get the chance to attend this function, I was invited to attend it." or like, "My husband didn't get the chance to attend this ceremony, he was eagerly waiting for this."

But many run the mod about the Soldier female so that should be covered as it adds everywhere about her Even to the Honorable Discharge Plack and so

on.

I incorporated some new mods so restarted the game as I tend to do after making changes. This version of Ivy starts as the blond Valkyrie stock with the mod but with some changes here and there. Mainly a more heart shaped face, fuller poutier lips a slight shift to the eyes. This is Ivy chilling shortly after being redeemed and ready to move out:

Ivy_Screen01.jpg.995bcc69a6dee16660cefacd8ef9f88d.jpg

UPDATE 4th December 2020

This year has seen some weird things, shifts on all theaters: From political to sociological to cultural and generational. We've been shaken, influences are pulling on threads that are like roots, bound into the fabric of our culture and society. Dialogue is stifled with violence of thought and action. Ears are closed and many of us have been scared this past year. Pandemic, elections, crazy things happening all around. This weird and unsettling year has seen both collective and personal tragedy for many, but there have been glimpses of light. Hope. Endless hope and determination to see things once started, through till the end. And with that background, work on Ivy has continued slowly and steadily this year.

We're about three quarters (3/4) into recording Ivy. But we're not only recording Ivy: some other surprises lie in store in regards to voice acting for the mod.

It's most likely that we will not make a Christmas release, and end of year release is possible but no promises at this time, no set release date yet.

Within a few weeks a new trailer will be released on Ivy's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzTRb8ab9ZjK46X63Mtbluw/

Make sure to like and subscribe if you want to keep up with important developments.

This channel is demonetized by default, no money is earned in any way while making Ivy!

STAY TUNED FOR MORE IVY NEWS COMING SOON!

KP_Convos01.jpg

I was looky at the other place and only found a save someone had done at the start for same sex couple ,,But there are so many issues that dont make the game work that way.

It would be nice if there was a mod that did make a game play like that for those who want that as a few on there were a bit sad about it.