Is there a way to prevent Ivy from giving me tons of caps from her radio station?

Edit:

So I think I found it? I am wondering if there is some incompatibility with extended dialogue, when I ask "what are you offering exactly" she mentions her service menu, but the dialogue is only showing "thatd be great" "yeah" "figured you would tell me when you are ready", is it supposed to be like that?

I just tried every option and eventually got her to say something about keeping herself and not being able to share caps, is that the right thing?

A little confused by the menu because none of the responses I can choose seem to make sense.

2 hours ago, sila said:

Is there a way to prevent Ivy from giving me tons of caps from her radio station?

Edit:

So I think I found it? I am wondering if there is some incompatibility with extended dialogue, when I ask "what are you offering exactly" she mentions her service menu, but the dialogue is only showing "thatd be great" "yeah" "figured you would tell me when you are ready", is it supposed to be like that?

I just tried every option and eventually got her to say something about keeping herself and not being able to share caps, is that the right thing?

A little confused by the menu because none of the responses I can choose seem to make sense.

Do not use XDI with Ivy. ;)

On 6/9/2020 at 1:00 PM, Doctor Steam said:

Reginald, I *love* how aware Ivy is!

I'm running multiple companions and the first time Ivy commented on "sweet Curie" and how she was blushing, I really thought I imagined it. Then we found a magazine and Ivy suggested Curie should check it out. 

"For science."

Oh my!!

On 6/9/2020 at 1:39 PM, Reginald_001 said:

200.gif.d0a5b6fffa1b08b3b5112f8ffa9e8a22.gif

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy you're enjoying Ivy. :)

Since this is a direct contradiction to every post I can find, just want to confirm she does not work with ANY multiple followers mod Besides Dogmeat's? (100% know AFT doesn't something said 100xs even against people not saying aft but other mods not to mention in the documents).

Seen a few here and on UCF saying it works so long she 1st one hired but due to people immediately jumping and saying don't use AFT again even to people saying UCF at times it confusing when I also found this above post not saying it bad or anything and even says a direct quote due to having multiple companions. 

Also saw a couple on MFO working, but those seemed old think they were saying 5.0 before changes.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:48 AM, lukashisuphola said:

Since this is a direct contradiction to every post I can find, just want to confirm she does not work with ANY multiple followers mod Besides Dogmeat's? (100% know AFT doesn't something said 100xs even against people not saying aft but other mods not to mention in the documents).

Seen a few here and on UCF saying it works so long she 1st one hired but due to people immediately jumping and saying don't use AFT again even to people saying UCF at times it confusing when I also found this above post not saying it bad or anything and even says a direct quote due to having multiple companions. 

Also saw a couple on MFO working, but those seemed old think they were saying 5.0 before changes.

Define "work".... :)

You're familiar with the idea that two mods running at the same time can create weird situations or effects not intended by either mod just because the mods weren't intended to work together, yes? In an ideal world the creator intended Ivy to be a gold standard companion, i.e. you would use Ivy to the exclusion of other companions. She is far more aware of her surroundings than the vanilla companions, chatty about places, people and things you're doing and just an all around good person to have on your side. Plus she has a really interesting backstory requiring some effort to plumb the depths of. So if you want minimal interruption of all of that, you avoid things that might plug up the pipes, i.e. you don't run multiple companion mods or things that change companion behavior and all is (usually) well. 

Why would you do anything that might muck up the behavior of this awesome companion? 

Heh.

Sometimes we want to do something specific or we have a head canon we'd like to put into play. To tell that story we'll install necessary mods, roll the dice and jump in with fingers crossed hoping it all works out. If it breaks... Well, the mod author told us it breaks the warranty when we open the nuclear reactor while in operation.

For example my current play through uses Unlimited Companion Framework (UCF),  Synthetic Love and Nora Spouse. Why?  Because I have a head canon story that appeals to me, requires only changing only one tiny detail in Ivy's backstory but lets me run around the commonwealth playing out my head canon.  Doesn't seem to have broken anything yet so I'll keep going until done. 

8 hours ago, unevenrm said:

@Doctor Steam Almost golden words.... 99,9% true. Can't see the any headcanon though... blind maybe

Thank you for the kind words.

Re: Head canon

You will be sorry you asked but here you go... :)

The broad strokes in my head canon are the deceased Nora's brain engrams were used in a line of research that would one day lead to the coursers. This early model is biomechanical but the final implementation uses some of the same bio-looming technology that would eventually be perfected to allow for mass deployment of generation 3 synths. The Proto-Courser project was shelved due to academic infighting over limited resources with victory going to the research team spearheading the loom development.  

The biomechanical components and frames were still in cold storage when Doctor Stein escaped the institute, taking with him what he could smuggle or have smuggled out later by co-workers, including things that wouldn't be missed like parts from a cancelled project. This is the one change to Ivy lore in that the frame was already modeled on the deceased Nora rather than Stein's life long crush in the institute.

In later years an up and coming researcher in the Institute named Shaun would discover the details of the events leading to the development of the generation 3 synths, the existence of the archive of his mother's memories and his own role as the provider of the DNA necessary for the operation of the bio loom process. History might argue the effect this information had on him him but his focus seemed to split from pure research to include an almost ruthless ambition to shape the Institute as he felt necessary. And while Shaun might officially view the synths created by the bio-looms as sophisticated machines, he was not above using those machines to achieve his ends with both subtle programming modifications and capitalizing on his role as their 'father' as well as manipulating events to ensure there was no one in a position to oppose his goals. One day the sole survivor would come to the Institute and question why there were no researchers older than Shaun but that is a matter for another time.

Eventually Shaun would achieve every professional goal yet still feel something missing in his life. He would turn inward to explore that void left by growing up without parents as an outsider in an organization comprised of families since its very beginning. He would eventually reactivate the Nora proto-courser but felt the early attempts at programming had tainted it's psyche making it a failure for his purposes. Though he couldn't explain why, he felt unwilling to kill it so he sent it out into the common wealth to fend for itself as he turned to the idea of recreating his mother with the bio-looms as a generation 3 synth programmed with the archives of Nora's memories.

It was at this time he was diagnosed with a malignant form of cancer and began to co-opt other departments to assist him in his personal projects, though still hiding his intentions from them. Given his carefully crafted positions as both Institute Director and "Father", along with the absence of any contemporaries or elders that could obstruct him, this was easier than it might seem to an outsider, The Institute had enjoyed wild successes under his leadership, limited only power resources but during his time as Director there was a solution to that as well.

When Shaun eventually awakened Nate he'd put all the pieces into position to recreate a family composed of his father, a synth mother Nate would never know was a synth and was putting the finishing touches on a synthetic version of himself as a child. Shaun believed his father would never be able to accept him as his missing son. Well, perhaps intellectually but never emotionally so a synthetic child Shaun was the only option for recreating his family. It was as mechanically precise a plan as any chess game played by a computer but unfortunately failed within hours of the start due to unforeseen activities of a self-exiled Institute researcher named Stein.

Summary: 

Nora's body is missing from the cryo-capsule when he's awakened though Nate remembers her being shot by Kellogg. Leaving Vault 111 he travels to Sanctuary following a radio transmission to discover something called "Ivy" that looks amazingly similar to his wife. Not identical but very close though the voice is overtly artificial. Exploring the world he eventually runs into the twin of his dead wife in Diamond City. She claims to be Nora but is somewhat different, aloof and remembers nothing about Shaun's kidnapping or Kellogg shooting her. Eventually Nate takes her back to Vault 111 and on seeing the blood stains in the cryo-capsule she breaks down admitting to being created by the Institute and shows Nate the mechanical joints she's been hiding. Furious at the proto-synth Nate wants to destroy it but Ivy intervenes. Nate hands it off to Ivy telling her to get whatever spare parts she needs from it.

Ivy tinkers with the proto-courser's programming using the neural interface Stein gave her as part of her repair kit and subtly reprograms the synth to see its memories as Nora as tools to help it relate better to humans, especially Nate. Strangely the synth being open about not being Nora but remembering as Nora allows Nate to process his grief and he begins to refer to the synth as "she" again and a person in her own right. The first time they're intimate happens the night after Nate defeats and kills his son's kidnapper Kellogg. Ivy thinks he needs cheering up and puts on a show with Synth Nora. It has the desired effect.

The next morning Nate wants to head back to Diamond City to seek advice from Nick Valentine but hears from a trader there have been raider attacks on a Minuteman settlement so they head north. Dealing with the raiders easily Nate and the girls agree to assist another settlement while they continue to search for clues about Shaun and the Institute. When synth Nora questions his motivations for helping people with the 'Minutemen' he explains it in terms of force multiplication. Everyone he helps is one more set of eyes and ears watching and listening for Institute activity thereby increasing their chances of finding Shaun. 

He hears some rumors of another vault dweller staying with the Abernathy's near Sanctuary and plans to check into that soon. Maybe they'll have a clue about Shaun's whereabouts.  But first he needs to head south to help a settlement then on to Diamond City to confer with his detective friend Nick Valentine. Diamond City can be its own special kind of pain in the ass and hopefully they'll be able to sneak in at night to avoid the shop keeper Myrna, who suspects something amiss with Synth Nora. The last thing he wants is to get into a firefight in Diamond City. The entire city is a powder keg of fear and suspicions and a flake like Myrna would think nothing of lighting the match so long as it would prove her right about synths hiding among humans.

15 hours ago, Doctor Steam said:

Define "work".... :)

You're familiar with the idea that two mods running at the same time can create weird situations or effects not intended by either mod just because the mods weren't intended to work together, yes? In an ideal world the creator intended Ivy to be a gold standard companion, i.e. you would use Ivy to the exclusion of other companions. She is far more aware of her surroundings than the vanilla companions, chatty about places, people and things you're doing and just an all around good person to have on your side. Plus she has a really interesting backstory requiring some effort to plumb the depths of. So if you want minimal interruption of all of that, you avoid things that might plug up the pipes, i.e. you don't run multiple companion mods or things that change companion behavior and all is (usually) well. 

Why would you do anything that might muck up the behavior of this awesome companion? 

Heh.

Sometimes we want to do something specific or we have a head canon we'd like to put into play. To tell that story we'll install necessary mods, roll the dice and jump in with fingers crossed hoping it all works out. If it breaks... Well, the mod author told us it breaks the warranty when we open the nuclear reactor while in operation.

For example my current play through uses Unlimited Companion Framework (UCF),  Synthetic Love and Nora Spouse. Why?  Because I have a head canon story that appeals to me, requires only changing only one tiny detail in Ivy's backstory but lets me run around the commonwealth playing out my head canon.  Doesn't seem to have broken anything yet so I'll keep going until done. 

Thanks for reply, hope it works out for you, I just decided that If I am still playing Fallout4 in Far future I will just do yet another play with this being a primary focus among a few other mods.

Why not add ummm Valkry and I think there was 1 other (can never recall which it was but pretty sure read there was) mod that also have Nora then you can have 4 Noras :D 

And ya i get the cannon and risks, I was/am just confused by if it would work and was curious on that comment you 2 had along with if it were confirmed or not possible.

Edit: In case was not obvious this not a attack/insult on this very likely extremely great mod, nor am I against the understandable fact it not good with multiple followers, etc....

I just prefer not using in main play/using it later as its own "main" possibly, as I have only so much time available and play Tons of other games/VNs/etc... and personally prefer have many stories and companions. 

8 hours ago, lukashisuphola said:

Thanks for reply, hope it works out for you, I just decided that If I am still playing Fallout4 in Far future I will just do yet another play with this being a primary focus among a few other mods.

Why not add ummm Valkry and I think there was 1 other (can never recall which it was but pretty sure read there was) mod that also have Nora then you can have 4 Noras :D 

And ya i get the cannon and risks, I was/am just confused by if it would work and was curious on that comment you 2 had along with if it were confirmed or not possible.

Edit: In case was not obvious this not a attack/insult on this very likely extremely great mod, nor am I against the understandable fact it not good with multiple followers, etc....

I just prefer not using in main play/using it later as its own "main" possibly, as I have only so much time available and play Tons of other games/VNs/etc... and personally prefer have many stories and companions. 

Ivy works fine with EFF - Unlimited Follower Framework,, She will be the 1st Follower as she is at Sanctuary,, the 2nd follower can be dismissed normally but the 3rd needs command line dismissal.. I know there are other mods for multi,, but I have used this for years and normally have 2 plus dogmeat. Ivy has been fine this way.. But when you get separated you MUST take her back 1st to have her as follower 1..

11 hours ago, lukashisuphola said:

If its the one I'm thinking of it's Amazing Follower Tweaks aka AFT. It has an option of saving Nora, who was put back into the cryo capsule within seconds of being shot, provided you bring robotic Curie  to the vault to save her with surgical skills before power runs out. She'll initially have amnesia from the head wound but over time her personality adapt to the actions of the sole survivor becoming as kind or as ruthless as he is.

Unfortunately that is the one mod guaranteed to mess with Ivy's mind and personality. Valkry is an interesting idea though. Never considered it. Thanks.

13 hours ago, Doctor Steam said:

If its the one I'm thinking of it's Amazing Follower Tweaks aka AFT. It has an option of saving Nora, who was put back into the cryo capsule within seconds of being shot, provided you bring robotic Curie  to the vault to save her with surgical skills before power runs out. She'll initially have amnesia from the head wound but over time her personality adapt to the actions of the sole survivor becoming as kind or as ruthless as he is.

Unfortunately that is the one mod guaranteed to mess with Ivy's mind and personality. Valkry is an interesting idea though. Never considered it. Thanks.

Np?‍?, Omg ? ya ! It was AFT that also did Nora just looked and had the stuff I remember reading but was confused why it had Nora funny enough in article for that reason.

Ya 100% know AFT doesn't like her, but from my looking around AFT doesn't like a ton of things (on modern Fallout 4) which why I only looked at it a bit and then totally forgot about it. Thanks for knowing what it was, was bothering me not being able to remember.

So I am a total fanboy of Ivy.  Do I wish for anything different from the mod?  honestly... no.  She is truly the most honest type of follower you can have. She is programmed to a certain extent, but she is human beyond that.  Is it going to change world peace? Fuck no. Ivy would shit on world peace, and I would join her.  Do I wish she would play well with others? She does... She literally tells you to fuck who you want... who could ask for more acceptance than that?  The fact AFT doesn't work well is fine.. before I discovered Ivy, AFT was the one mod I would never run without.. now I never run it... Yeah it changed me...

What I do wish for, would be some kind of recognition of the Thuggyverse mods, as the mods, not the followers, have the same level of love that Ivy has.  Heather also is very engrossing. Ivy ignores her, which is fine.. As for vanilla followers, I couldn't give a shit about them, yet she recognizes them... I would love for Valkyrie to become an acknowledged love interest, but Thuggy ain't doing that. I love Roxy from his mods, and she is the second most filthy mouthed companion after my Waifu Ivy... but when all is said and done, I would give them all up for Ivy.....

Sad fanboy response but true. Wish my wife had half her drive lol

ok out peace love etc

6 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Here's a detailed explanation of what happens when you run Ivy with AFT and any other companion framework that overwrites the vanilla companion scripts:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1520.jpg.3071c1e4eedb1c8a70a14998a8b93937.jpg

?ummm I mean this is LL so that seems more for not against.

Just think of what she be able to do with that tongue ?

(let us not forget there was even a sucker of him so a her in a game ?

hey, just wanted  to say I have been using ivy 5.3 for 2 weeks now and no hiccups that i can see, I have 4 days of playing by the save , and am level 50, haven't seen the back up processor quest yet,  but not worried about it,  I just went visiting fiddler green  and with her hyper combat set to always , she took out almost all the ghouls around the trailers before i could even see where they were coming from, she has saved me many times during this play through.