1 hour ago, T1887 said:

Please forgive my stupidity but I can't find the download link for Ivy 5.3.  I love her. I NEED her!! :)

You have to be flexible...

The Download page says Ivy 5.3.

The Download link it takes you to says Ivy 5.2.

When you download it and install it - it says Ivy 5.0 in the mod manager. But it is really Ivy 5.3 - I think. There is no readme or MCM version ID. Just have faith.

Getting ready to start a new game, and recently found this mod.

It has a lot more depth than I had originally given it credit for.

However, when 6.0 comes out...will that require a fresh start?

(I am suspecting yes, as it sounds fairly major????).    

Should I wait for 6.0 or start with 5.3?

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this was already posted.

7 hours ago, davethepak said:

Getting ready to start a new game, and recently found this mod.

It has a lot more depth than I had originally given it credit for.

However, when 6.0 comes out...will that require a fresh start?

(I am suspecting yes, as it sounds fairly major????).    

Should I wait for 6.0 or start with 5.3?

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this was already posted.

Best to just go for 5.3. It will be a while before 6.0 is released. ;)

13 hours ago, fred200 said:

You have to be flexible...

The Download page says Ivy 5.3.

The Download link it takes you to says Ivy 5.2.

When you download it and install it - it says Ivy 5.0 in the mod manager. But it is really Ivy 5.3 - I think. There is no readme or MCM version ID. Just have faith.

Thank you. This is harder than getting a girlfriend irl!!  :)

Just discovered and been playing with Ivy. First of all thank you for this mod, I can clearly see that there is a lot of effort put into it by talented people. She is a must have mod and will definitely be having her as a follower for this entire new playthrough. Here is the experience up till now from the perspective of someone who has just been introduced to Ivy.

She works great so far. Her teleport spell is awesome, the sound does take some getting used to however. Been playing on a new game on survival mode where even raiders can twoshot you, so hearing that synth teleport sound behind me got me jumping the first couple of times. Though after getting used to it, now it's actually good to hear it, as it gives you the confidence that she is following you. Saves you the trouble of stopping to turn around to see if she is still behind you.

Her interjecting into dialogues is really funny and makes her more immersive. The GOAT feature is a great idea for setting her personality up, the dialogue options though could use a little bit more polishing. The cellar where you meet her has really nice decorations. If you want to change her appearance, it's best to try outside that place.

She works really well with the following mods:

(Get dirty + Build Your Own Pool) She gets visually dirty over time. You can command her to use a shower which cleans the dirt and then command her out of it. 
(NPC outfit manager) Fully compatible as far as I can see. I have given her 3 default combat and 3 settlement outfits and she uses them just fine.

I found what appears to be a bug, though it might be on my end. Looted a sex kink magazine in Concord, inside the green bin close to where the first deathclaw comes out. Then I found the exact same magazine placed next to the tattoo magazine in that quarry. Both times Ivy said the same lines so it appears to be a duplicate.

One recommendation: Since she is first introduced as a personal pleasure bot that you redeem, it's kind of a bummer to hear for the first time that she is also a prostitute and she takes clients. The only way I found out is when she gave me the payment the first time, so I reloaded a previous save and turned it off before she could "get a client". It's also a bummer when she keeps repeating missing her clients. So my recommendation is to have prostitution off by default and have the line where she misses her customers only appear after having it turned on at least once and to not be repeated so often, maybe 10% of the frequency it currently does or even less.

I still stick with chicgeek I love her voice which is an instant turn on, when she says I want you to save that bobby pin and use it in my p hole tonight I visualise it every time, she is the voice of Ivy, the return to the robotic monotone voice is terrible and is more of a turn off than a turn on. Can the chicgeek file be used or adapted for use with newer versions of the main mod. Great Mod I would not be without Ivy as the other followers are boring.

I've completed my last walkthrough with all DLCs and some mods and with Ivy 5.3. It was really fun about 2/3 of the game, but after that, she became annoying. No more quests, no new dialogue options, no new journals, everything started repeating itself. I have collected 4-5 copies of many journals, Ivy were saying the same things again and again, I gave her about 100 sugar bombs and bubblegums, killed several clients for her, but there were no more quests. It really felt like the mod is not completed. She was sometimes hacked and malfunctioning, sometimes teleporting away, her voice was still robotic, she talked with settlers, but it all was cycled without any new content. So, is it all the content of the mod? Did I miss something?

4 hours ago, VladP said:

I've completed my last walkthrough with all DLCs and some mods and with Ivy 5.3. It was really fun about 2/3 of the game, but after that, she became annoying. No more quests, no new dialogue options, no new journals, everything started repeating itself. I have collected 4-5 copies of many journals, Ivy were saying the same things again and again, I gave her about 100 sugar bombs and bubblegums, killed several clients for her, but there were no more quests. It really felt like the mod is not completed. She was sometimes hacked and malfunctioning, sometimes teleporting away, her voice was still robotic, she talked with settlers, but it all was cycled without any new content. So, is it all the content of the mod? Did I miss something?

I don't speak for the author, but at least part of what you are describing is true of any follower, or mod, or any content at all in fact. You will eventually see all it has to offer and things will become repetitious. I'm finding it hard to understand why you made this post in the first place. You seem to be complaining, or at least surprised by the fact that fun can come to an end. Why not instead enjoy this content and appreciate the fact that it has cost you absolutely nothing even as it has cost the creator countless hours of his time. Wondering if you have missed something is understandable, but what you wrote sounds more like 'Ouey, this toy you gave me for free is annoying me, what gives?' What, do you want your money back? I think the word entitled is over used these days, but with posts like yours, I've realized that some words just fit. Oh, and prick also fits. Yeah, selfish entitled prick goes really nicely. I through in selfish for free!

9 hours ago, Prolific said:

I don't speak for the author, but at least part of what you are describing is true of any follower, or mod, or any content at all in fact. You will eventually see all it has to offer and things will become repetitious. I'm finding it hard to understand why you made this post in the first place. You seem to be complaining, or at least surprised by the fact that fun can come to an end. Why not instead enjoy this content and appreciate the fact that it has cost you absolutely nothing even as it has cost the creator countless hours of his time. Wondering if you have missed something is understandable, but what you wrote sounds more like 'Ouey, this toy you gave me for free is annoying me, what gives?' What, do you want your money back? I think the word entitled is over used these days, but with posts like yours, I've realized that some words just fit. Oh, and prick also fits. Yeah, selfish entitled prick goes really nicely. I through in selfish for free!

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean here. I gave all my praises to Reginald in my earlier posts. I really like his mod and would be ready to vote for it as the best companion mod in case it appears in Nexus. There is no complaint, sorry man. This is your misreading. I would like to know only one thing if there is any content after the main quest is over.  According to my understanding of other posts here, there should be other quests, such as secondary backed processor. She is malfunctioning, and I have no idea whether it relates to some quest or not. She was talking to settlers about something unknown to me. She said that her voice will be better, but nothing happened. Is there any finite numbers of sugar bombs and bubble gums that she needs? Is there any finite number of magazines, because as I said they started appearing in many copies instead of new ones, and she continued commenting on the same copies as it was the original magazine found.

I have been in RPG modding for more than 20 years and believe me I know and understand well what is free hobby and how people underappreciate it. So don't give me this b*s.

On 9/22/2020 at 1:24 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Here's a detailed explanation of what happens when you run Ivy with AFT and any other companion framework that overwrites the vanilla companion scripts:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1520.jpg.3071c1e4eedb1c8a70a14998a8b93937.jpg

>>>Clutches his chest softly and sits down<<<

I.., I.., I sense a disturbance in the Force...

I have been away from any Bethesda game for almost a year now, playing catch up on the many wonderful games I have missed out on.  However, this is only tangential to my question - What mesh and texture mods do other Ivy owners use?  I am getting a new build ready for Reg's Ivy ver. 6.0, you see...  My last build used CBBE Meshes (IIRC...) and for sure FSM textures.  I also used CBP Physics with MTM's 'jiggle' files that I rather heavily edited.  The results of all of the above were better than average, IMHO.

But now I note that there are newer (better?) physics types, and no telling how many new (Better, I hope...) mesh and texture files. So I thought that I might get some other opinions on what is good nowadays.  Not thatt I am lazy, but last time it took me the ~80 hours to try all of the combinations AFTER I thought that I had winnowed out the chaff...

I've been using Ivy for the past few months, and I love her so much!

But I've encountered a strange bug, every loading screen is always about Ivy. I know it sounds strange, but every single loading screen I get is about her; is there something I can change so she isn't in the loading screens as much, or is this normal?

On 9/29/2020 at 5:50 PM, VladP said:

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean here. I gave all my praises to Reginald in my earlier posts. I really like his mod and would be ready to vote for it as the best companion mod in case it appears in Nexus. There is no complaint, sorry man. This is your misreading. I would like to know only one thing if there is any content after the main quest is over.  According to my understanding of other posts here, there should be other quests, such as secondary backed processor. She is malfunctioning, and I have no idea whether it relates to some quest or not. She was talking to settlers about something unknown to me. She said that her voice will be better, but nothing happened. Is there any finite numbers of sugar bombs and bubble gums that she needs? Is there any finite number of magazines, because as I said they started appearing in many copies instead of new ones, and she continued commenting on the same copies as it was the original magazine found.

I have been in RPG modding for more than 20 years and believe me I know and understand well what is free hobby and how people underappreciate it. So don't give me this b*s.

The Magazines end up with a quest to build a rack for them, yes there is a quest for a backup cpu,, you have to reach a very high level with Ivy for that,, a good talk about her history and that she knows WHO and what she was and that she is nothing like she was.. She has said about if Stein is still alive so I assume that is to come..

You can turn Off her prostitution and her talk level can be changed, though I have now stopped her being a prozi as I dont need the caps, I love her talking.. As you finishing killing Gunners,,, " I so love you, your so hot when your killing " cracks me up..

I know she out strips Heather by a mile on Dialogue and content, and she was my favourite before I found Ivy, she also takes a lot of work to earn her trust and then love but 

not to the depth of Ivy.

I have found Ivy has,by far, more  content than any other companion.. I think she beats the Drunk companion in Skyrim, god she was great (Aint played Skyrim in a while)

I think Ivy Version 6 will blow you away,, while we wait 5.3 can screw me across the commonwealth 24/7.. Reginald has created a masterpiece and is working on the upgrade.. Adding a sexy voice would make Ivy perfect.

12 hours ago, Guest-1 said:

I've been using Ivy for the past few months, and I love her so much!

But I've encountered a strange bug, every loading screen is always about Ivy. I know it sounds strange, but every single loading screen I get is about her; is there something I can change so she isn't in the loading screens as much, or is this normal?

In the holodisc, just change the frequency of these messages...or just disable it).

On 1/5/2020 at 5:14 AM, MeJimmy said:

Can someone please help me? I am on the quest where you go into Ivy's subconscious and meet Debby. I am on the part about helping her escape the raiders and the quest log says "Find a way up!".

Well after three hours of looking I cannot find a way up! Quest marker is on elevator button. Rode that damn elevator dozens of times and cannot find a way out or "up".  There are stairs on one floor but a partition blocks it off. I did "tcl" and found a raider up there but seemingly no way to complete this quest. Is it bugged or am I just a half blind old fart who hates friggin puzzles? Any clues will be appreciated. Thanks. End of rant.

Never mind. I finally figured out what I missed.

Just wanted to say it was one of the best (albeit attention to detail required) quest I have ever experienced in this game!!!  Parts of it  were very eerie and disturbing.  Great work.

Any clues ? I am also freakin climbing the walls trying to figure out this puzzle .

On 10/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, Fiona159 said:

In the holodisc, just change the frequency of these messages...or just disable it).

In the NX-2C Controller Holotape? I don't see that option in there, all I see are options towards Ivy; dialogue, combat, following, teleport options, and Radiant Quest help, I don't see any option to change the frequency of the messages.

7 hours ago, Guest-1 said:

In the NX-2C Controller Holotape? I don't see that option in there, all I see are options towards Ivy; dialogue, combat, following, teleport options, and Radiant Quest help, I don't see any option to change the frequency of the messages.

No.Need disk settings magazine add-on

Spoiler

ivy.jpg

ivy2.jpg

On 9/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, lukashisuphola said:

?ummm I mean this is LL so that seems more for not against.

Just think of what she be able to do with that tongue ?

(let us not forget there was even a sucker of him so a her in a game ?

The tongue might be amazing, but let's not have "She-Jar-Jar" *talk* ?