Jump to content
nomkaz

Sexlab Survival Special Edition Support Thread.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, prometheusx said:

It should be easy to fix (for the modder). 

I have seen on different pages that this is a SE bug caused by underscores in cell names.

My guess is the cell is called like sls_kennel or something like that.

Change this and everything is fine. 

I haven't seen that mentioned before, but that would make sense. Using _ is a very MM1 thing to do. 😊

 

Getting him to diverge from his naming convention to allow SE saves to line-up properly under their respective Character names might be a tough sell for him, and I am currently using all my MM1 brownie points trying to get wet licenses to be ruined... Someone else will have to ask him. 🤭

Link to post
On 12/5/2020 at 11:57 AM, TFK23 said:

I see. Also, How do you set the inn room prices? I set my prices, and toggled on the mod but the price remains the same. I don't have any similar mod that could conflict that

Just use a seperate mod. I had the same issue and just installed innroomcosts from nexus. What I like about that is you can set it so it kicks you out of bed at a certain time so you can't take advantage of the cosy beds in the fancy inns

Link to post

@Corsayr, thank you for all your hard work on this mod. In future releases, do you think it will be feasible to add toggles for each of the licenses, instead of only some of them? For my personal playthrough, I'm not really interested in using the weapons/armor/magic licenses, but I like the curfew system and want to use that. However, I don't see a way to turn off the aforementioned licenses other than, say, setting the perpetual license cost to a tiny amount of gold and just buying them. However, that's kind of a kludgey workaround and I think it would be easier to just have a toggle in the MCM?

Link to post
2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

@Corsayr, thank you for all your hard work on this mod. In future releases, do you think it will be feasible to add toggles for each of the licenses, instead of only some of them? For my personal playthrough, I'm not really interested in using the weapons/armor/magic licenses, but I like the curfew system and want to use that. However, I don't see a way to turn off the aforementioned licenses other than, say, setting the perpetual license cost to a tiny amount of gold and just buying them. However, that's kind of a kludgey workaround and I think it would be easier to just have a toggle in the MCM?

All I did was convert it to SE.

 

Monoman1 is the author, and I think more dynamic on/off switches for the licenses is on his radar of things people want. But that list is massive and his time is limited so I wouldn't expect it soon. (or maybe it will happen in a few days? life is a rich tapestry! 😊)

 

A lot of times things that sound easy on the user side are considerably less easy on the programmer side. So for now just have to muddle through with the work around, and keep an eye here for updates. 😄

Link to post
4 hours ago, Corsayr said:

All I did was convert it to SE.

 

Monoman1 is the author, and I think more dynamic on/off switches for the licenses is on his radar of things people want. But that list is massive and his time is limited so I wouldn't expect it soon. (or maybe it will happen in a few days? life is a rich tapestry! 😊)

 

A lot of times things that sound easy on the user side are considerably less easy on the programmer side. So for now just have to muddle through with the work around, and keep an eye here for updates. 😄

That makes sense, and I can understand the enhancement requests flooding out the Monoman's free time - just in the first couple days of dipping our toes into it, this mod is incredibly complex. It adds a lot of valuable features though, so I'm pretty sure the learning curve is worth it. Is there any sort of structured bug/enhancement tracker out there, or is this communication just handled through the main support thread?

Link to post
14 minutes ago, TheSurvibalist said:

is a merged patch still needed

 

Yup

 

Specifically you need to ensure these items make it to the game:

Racial special abilities

Leveled container changes

 

The process is really not as hard as it sounds, and once you work through it you will see it is pretty easy to do in xEdit.

 

Link to post
On 11/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, nomkaz said:

I'll be removing my upload very soon, in favor of Corsayr's SE conversion. This Support Thread will stay up.

 

 

I downloaded this mod, seems to work great except when I try to go into Windhelm barracks to find a quartermaster to buy a license my game crashes. Anybody else had these problems?

I'm not sure if it's all barracks that do this or just Windhelm barracks, I could just disable licenses but it's a bit of a disappointment to not be able to fully use the mod as intended. 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

I have bought from Windhelm several times and have never crashed as a result

 

At what point is the crash happening? 

Lucky, for me I go into the barracks and load in but then right at the door entrance I might get two steps before it crashes if not sooner. 

I've also crashed when a guard tried to put me in jail though so maybe I have some conflicting mod 

Link to post
32 minutes ago, Jcoolin said:

Lucky, for me I go into the barracks and load in but then right at the door entrance I might get two steps before it crashes if not sooner. 

I've also crashed when a guard tried to put me in jail though so maybe I have some conflicting mod 

Do you have SSE Bug Fixes installed? 

 

If so after a crash it should generate a NetScriptFramework crash log

Spoiler

image.png.2235bc7048014f31416bd3434a30c48c.png

These can often be difficult to decipher, and have to be treated with a grain of salt because often they only show what just happened to be going on at the time of the crash and not the cause. But if the same thing shows up in the possible cause list every time then it will be something worth looking into

 

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Do you have SSE Bug Fixes installed? 

 

If so after a crash it should generate a NetScriptFramework crash log

  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2235bc7048014f31416bd3434a30c48c.png

These can often be difficult to decipher, and have to be treated with a grain of salt because often they only show what just happened to be going on at the time of the crash and not the cause. But if the same thing shows up in the possible cause list every time then it will be something worth looking into

 

This mod didn't give me this type of folder style when I added it and I didn't see a crash log, I maybe need to change something.

 

Google searches have shown me that people were having problems with Windhelms jail even in the vanilla version with no mods and also with people saying they were only getting crashes in Windhelm. Not sure what's wrong with the guard barracks, I don't recall going to their jail before though so maybe it was always messed up, the Windhelm barracks still crashed when I tested it with the mod disabled. 

 

I've seen things on the net that say it's the cells that's are crashing them, I tried out Whiterun's jail just now and it worked fine, haven't visited their barracks yet though. 

 

I tried to search for licenses but it seems that those are a quest command, if I could find the quest commands that would help since I really like Windhelm and this mod but it's quite conflicting if I can't buy a license since I just liked the idea of having checkpoints and patrols rather than getting my stuff taken. 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Jcoolin said:

This mod didn't give me this type of folder style when I added it and I didn't see a crash log, I maybe need to change something.

You have to go into the 

 

/Data/NetScriptFramework/Plugins/BugFixesSSE.config.txt

 

also make sure you downloaded the requirement

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

The NPCs that sell the licenses are generally in the walled cities barracks

 

Like in Whiterun it is behind the tavern, and Solitude is downstairs in the building General Tullius is in.  

Yeah the ones I can get I definitely want to do the right way, quest commands have bailed me out of broken quests before though lol I had to use one yesterday for Blood on the Ice quest because Viola was non-existant and was bugged out, permanently under the ground when I tried to move her npc anywhere.  

17 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

You have to go into the 

 

/Data/NetScriptFramework/Plugins/BugFixesSSE.config.txt

 

also make sure you downloaded the requirement

It gave me some info about spells but that doesn't seem related to anything, 

Link to post

Actually now that I've bought a license from the Windhelm barracks I see that they are an item after all, I was thinking that you needed a license for each town but I perhaps got it confused with the toll settings for each town in MCM, bought licenses from Whiterun so it's all good now lol. Thanks for the help 

 

Edit: Now I'm running into the problem of being "evicted' from my house in Windhelm and I don't believe there's an option to disable evictions and I can't go to the barracks, -.-. What a mess this has caused. 

 

2nd edit: Eventually I found for me the best option to avoid being permanently evicted with my Windhelm barracks glitch was to turn off licences as soon as I started the game up with a previous pre-eviction save file, I tried to travel to Whiterun from Windhelm to get licences and still got evicted so I turned off licences and the toll evasion for now. 

I will later on try to start up survival from a different city like Whiterun to get licences without the need to leave city gates which triggers the eviction, then test if I get evicted for traveling from one place to the other. Will update with a final edit later 

 

Last edit: Starting up Sexlab Survival in a different city and buying the licences without leaving city walls did the trick to stay out of trouble and travel less hassle free 

Link to post

The only problem I have now is that I've been getting the blue body paint when I have trauma enabled.

 

I tried to change skee64.ini as I've found in this thread linked below, I deleted left middle back from the battle wounds folder, tried to reset textures and tried to reset/cycle by being attacked but it still turns blue. I also even tried to delete all body texture files and leave the face textures but the blue body paint still showed up. 

 

I can just disable trauma to keep it off but I do like this feature and hope to get it working, I don't think other mods for this trauma/mark/bruising purpose would work with this system as well outside of battle. 

 

survival mod .jpg

Link to post

So, I'm starting a new SSE game from scratch and wanted to try this mod again and noticed a couple of things.

 

1.  The file has an updated date of 12/09 and when I click to download the dates on the downloads show 11/19 for the main file and 11/30 for the tongues.  What was updated?

 

2.  The were other files in the downloads before such as the Sex Lab Survival TWAB With Bikini Keyword and another file for SD no strip or something like that.  Do we still need those files?

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

1.  The file has an updated date of 12/09 and when I click to download the dates on the downloads show 11/19 for the main file and 11/30 for the tongues.  What was updated?

The 12/09 date is just when I added the tongues file to the download section. The file already existed and had been posted in the comments area which is why its date proceeds the change date. 

 

47 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

2.  The were other files in the downloads before such as the Sex Lab Survival TWAB With Bikini Keyword and another file for SD no strip or something like that.  Do we still need those files?

The LE version has the TAWOBA keyworded file, I have not posted one for SSE (partly because there are multiple TAWOBA versions in SE the standard one and Sun's Remastered)

 

It would not be too hard to do that I guess if people really need it. (keywording is super easy in xEdit) 

 

****EDIT****

 

You can now find the keyworded versions of a few of the popular TAWOBA mod plugins on the description page for the SE version of SLS 

Link to post
On 12/9/2020 at 9:34 AM, Jcoolin said:

The only problem I have now is that I've been getting the blue body paint when I have trauma enabled.

 

I tried to change skee64.ini as I've found in this thread linked below, I deleted left middle back from the battle wounds folder, tried to reset textures and tried to reset/cycle by being attacked but it still turns blue. I also even tried to delete all body texture files and leave the face textures but the blue body paint still showed up. 

 

I can just disable trauma to keep it off but I do like this feature and hope to get it working, I don't think other mods for this trauma/mark/bruising purpose would work with this system as well outside of battle. 

 

survival mod .jpg

This is a known issue atm, it appears to happen as a result of script delay when cycling through the traumas. (When your trauma slots fill up 12 slots it will replace a slot with a new slot as you get more traumas. This is when the blank trauma appears to be happening.) The quick fix is to just open showracemenu and go to the body overlays section and find the blank one, select it and hit the 'E' (choose texture) and change it to the default.

 

This is what I think causes it anyway... MM1 is aware of the issue. Hopefully a fix will be available soon. 😊

Link to post

@Corsayr

if i use the mysterious potion in se its cause a CTD i cant find something importent in papyrus log.

i drink it wait 1 hour all fine, i waited another hours CTD

just in case i missed something i post my log here

 

i use xp32 skeleton and 3bbb amazing body (i think its using a wrong bone/slider)

 

*edit

before u complain dont drink cheated potions i wanted to test it and this is the result

Papyrus.0.log

Link to post
6 hours ago, Geehral said:

@Corsayr

if i use the mysterious potion in se its cause a CTD i cant find something importent in papyrus log.

i drink it wait 1 hour all fine, i waited another hours CTD

just in case i missed something i post my log here

 

i use xp32 skeleton and 3bbb amazing body (i think its using a wrong bone/slider)

 

*edit

before u complain dont drink cheated potions i wanted to test it and this is the result

Papyrus.0.log 250.74 kB · 0 downloads

 

Looking at the papyrus there are some nemesis errors with animations calls right after, but it's hard to say if those are the problem. Inflation stuff is always a bit of a crap shoot which is why I try to avoid it. 😊

 

Do you have Bug Fixes SSE installed? If yes can you post the .Net crash log? 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Corsayr said:

 

Looking at the papyrus there are some nemesis errors with animations calls right after, but it's hard to say if those are the problem. Inflation stuff is always a bit of a crap shoot which is why I try to avoid it. 😊

 

Do you have Bug Fixes SSE installed? If yes can you post the .Net crash log? 

i have but no file is generated for the crashes from the potion

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...