Deviously Pink - Elvira's Restrictive Fashion shop

I like the story line so far. The only problem is that i feel that the story isnt well integrated. Let me explain myself, when you asks for the job you kinda become a slave for the time of one quest. And then you go back to normal like nothing happened. Which i feel is problematic, i think Elvira should not call the PC slave until a few quest. I mean a slave shouldnt get paid. Maybe she could only react to how submissive the PC is during the quest. And then after a few quests she could "enslave" you where its the same as usual just that u dont get paid for the jobs. 

8 hours ago, Chilen said:

I am not using a saved game. this is what I did.

I deleted the original mod and 0.2 completely from the mod manager. Redownloaded and installed 0.2 and the hotfix. then started a brand new game. When I start the maid quest, the piles are still in the old shop. and I have to TCL out through the wall of the new shop and into the old shop to get to them.

that is when I checked CK and seen they are in the new shop while looking in CK. Just don't understand why they would be in the old shop during the quest ingame with a new game save.

Hmm quite strange. I will look into it further somewhere next week. Are you sure you installed the files correct and removed the old mod?

2 hours ago, Lekefeno said:

I like the story line so far. The only problem is that i feel that the story isnt well integrated. Let me explain myself, when you asks for the job you kinda become a slave for the time of one quest. And then you go back to normal like nothing happened. Which i feel is problematic, i think Elvira should not call the PC slave until a few quest. I mean a slave shouldnt get paid. Maybe she could only react to how submissive the PC is during the quest. And then after a few quests she could "enslave" you where its the same as usual just that u dont get paid for the jobs. 

It's a hell of a job to setup all kind of different dialogue response connected to you status. So I tried to make it a neutral as possible while keeping Elvira's bitchy/dom personalty in mind. One of the reasons CD was to difficult to process much further was the variety in your status to the Master. That makes creating quests about 5 times more complex and tedious.

I plan to do some more quests but I'm not going for a CD 2.0 so expect some dialogue weirdness :P

I still can't reduce debt with the materials retrieval quest, Elvira doesn't take the item from player to place on counter and so quest never finishes. This was with completely new game with latest version of the mod and its hotfix. I did 2 successful deliveries before having any debt. Then i loaded back to before i returned the second delivery and dropped it on ground instead, so failing it. Record was 1 success, 1 fail. Then the 3rd delivery didn't finish. The last lines are: 

(...while having 1500 debt...)

[Task] I've returned from the store

- Good, now give me the materials

Also before i purposefully dropped the quest item and had debt, i had some issues with the shopkeepers. 1 time it tried to equip armbinder but it didn't, and other time i went back to shop only to be greeted with line that i don't have the item yet. The quest pointed to shop at that point.

All in all this is difficult mod to have in load order right now because those debt gears are stuck on you. Can't remove them with any means that i know, other than making some kind of custom script which i'm not good at...

And i can't reproduce any bugs with maid duty, it worked just fine.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I still can't reduce debt with the materials retrieval quest, Elvira doesn't take the item from player to place on counter and so quest never finishes. This was with completely new game with latest version of the mod and its hotfix. I did 2 successful deliveries before having any debt. Then i loaded back to before i returned the second delivery and dropped it on ground instead, so failing it. Record was 1 success, 1 fail. Then the 3rd delivery didn't finish. The last lines are: 

(...while having 1500 debt...)

[Task] I've returned from the store

- Good, now give me the materials

Also before i purposefully dropped the quest item and had debt, i had some issues with the shopkeepers. 1 time it tried to equip armbinder but it didn't, and other time i went back to shop only to be greeted with line that i don't have the item yet. The quest pointed to shop at that point.

All in all this is difficult mod to have in load order right now because those debt gears are stuck on you. Can't remove them with any means that i know, other than making some kind of custom script which i'm not good at...

And i can't reproduce any bugs with maid duty, it worked just fine.

I will check on this part of the debt system this weekend. It's still in alpha stage so some weirdness is bound to happen. If you do the delivery quest without debt does the "counter take" thing work? That's quite important to know.

And did you have any issues with the misplaced dirtpiles @Chilen mentioned?

1 minute ago, naaitsab said:

I will check on this part of the debt system this weekend. It's still in alpha stage so some weirdness is bound to happen. If you do the delivery quest without debt does the "counter take" thing work? That's quite important to know.

The item is not placed on counter when it fails. It was placed on the other 2 times when quest was finished.

And i did have the quest item in inventory at the time of delivery.

45 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

The item is not placed on counter when it fails. It was placed on the other 2 times when quest was finished.

And i did have the quest item in inventory at the time of delivery.

Was it with or without a debt?

And was the item removed from your inventory when it stops?

2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Was it with or without a debt?

And was the item removed from your inventory when it stops?

Bugs with debt only and not removed if i recall.

(The [Task] dialog is still showing and i can repeat it. If quest item was removed i should only see failing option but i saw success one repeatedly.)

3 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Anyone else having the issue where you get a dialogue on other merchants asking them

"Do you have something special for me to do?"

That does not disappear after quest is completed.

As a temporary fix you can type the following command in the console: 

setpqv ddp_storequest jobsdone 0

this will remove the line until you do 2 more jobs.

On 8/10/2020 at 1:20 PM, Zaflis said:

Bugs with debt only and not removed if i recall.

(The [Task] dialog is still showing and i can repeat it. If quest item was removed i should only see failing option but i saw success one repeatedly.)

I had similar issue with get materials quest.  

When I had debt, it would not place item on counter.  I still had item in inventory.  If I dropped item I was able to fail.  I did the maid quest and was able to reduce debt that way.  I haven't tried it with the blacksmith quest yet, but I would assume it would still work the same.

When I had no debt, the get materials quest worked.

Also is there more punishment than just getting in the cage for few hours after sleeping with store guard?  This can be after you slept with her a couple of times.  How about an involuntary store promotions.  Elvira can say something like, since you like wearing my items so much how about ...?

18 hours ago, Xuvish said:

I had similar issue with get materials quest.  

When I had debt, it would not place item on counter.  I still had item in inventory.  If I dropped item I was able to fail.  I did the maid quest and was able to reduce debt that way.  I haven't tried it with the blacksmith quest yet, but I would assume it would still work the same.

When I had no debt, the get materials quest worked.

Also is there more punishment than just getting in the cage for few hours after sleeping with store guard?  This can be after you slept with her a couple of times.  How about an involuntary store promotions.  Elvira can say something like, since you like wearing my items so much how about ...?

The issue seem to be linked to the debt quest only then, thanks for verifying.

There are some more punishments like whipping and the outside cage. Also the debt system is already a involuntary promotion job ;) 

Doing the Story Quest and quite enjoying it. However, after the back and forth balcony scene, Alina asks to meet at the entrance to Dragons Reach. I lose control of my toon, walk to the door, go through the door, walk through Whiterun to the front gate. Walk out of Whiterun all the way back to Elvira's shop, all without player control, and Alina never speaks. She never says or does anything else. The Quest never updates. Back at Elvira's shop I regain player control and can walk into the shop. THere is Alina and Elvira. Alina has nothing to say about the quest and Elvira says "don't you already have one" when asking about jobs. I've disabled any mod that changes whiterun (only had 2, bannered mare extension and a house outside of town) and that changed nothing. Created a new game with a new toon and did the quest again and got the same bug again. If I set stages I can advance the quest stages but nothing happens and when I end it by toggling step 999 I lose player control and just walk into a wall forever. 

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

i found a problem you have 2 shop cells the new shop is placed behind the old shops fireplace when i tryed to do mid task it put the dirt in the old cell thats behind elviras bedroom with pink cage i used tcl to go through walls to clean it but when store gaurd goes to do the spell she cant because theres no direct way to use spell so get stuck in waiting screen

also if you dont behave during the whiterun part of quest after your put in cage she sends you to fron of counter then says about whipping but she goes into back room and player is stood still infront of counter used wait and it didnt move player maybe allow player to have controlls for if that type of thing happens again or force teleport the player ?

10 hours ago, tester86 said:

Doing the Story Quest and quite enjoying it. However, after the back and forth balcony scene, Alina asks to meet at the entrance to Dragons Reach. I lose control of my toon, walk to the door, go through the door, walk through Whiterun to the front gate. Walk out of Whiterun all the way back to Elvira's shop, all without player control, and Alina never speaks. She never says or does anything else. The Quest never updates. Back at Elvira's shop I regain player control and can walk into the shop. THere is Alina and Elvira. Alina has nothing to say about the quest and Elvira says "don't you already have one" when asking about jobs. I've disabled any mod that changes whiterun (only had 2, bannered mare extension and a house outside of town) and that changed nothing. Created a new game with a new toon and did the quest again and got the same bug again. If I set stages I can advance the quest stages but nothing happens and when I end it by toggling step 999 I lose player control and just walk into a wall forever. 

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Skyrims pathing system is lets keep it civilized "difficult". Best thing to try if you run into this issue is leave the scene running, after a minute or so your PC starts moving again and the scene continues. Just grab a coffee and see if that works. I tried all sort of things but it seems it's just a "deal with it" thing from the Engine's side.

1 hour ago, badbat111 said:

i found a problem you have 2 shop cells the new shop is placed behind the old shops fireplace when i tryed to do mid task it put the dirt in the old cell thats behind elviras bedroom with pink cage i used tcl to go through walls to clean it but when store gaurd goes to do the spell she cant because theres no direct way to use spell so get stuck in waiting screen

also if you dont behave during the whiterun part of quest after your put in cage she sends you to fron of counter then says about whipping but she goes into back room and player is stood still infront of counter used wait and it didnt move player maybe allow player to have controlls for if that type of thing happens again or force teleport the player ?

The bug with the dirtpiles can be related to 2 things, A not a complete renewal of the files by the update or B not a completely clean save.

If you test it again on a new game it should work. The other bug also seem to relate in a script property not getting loaded correctly to the scene is not started.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but, during the maid job the drop-off point is still in the old "cell" or store, effectively forcing you to use noclip, also the first stage of the new story quest got borked for me since my chararter decided that it would be a good time to "relax" in the middle of the conversation, causing any possible equip stage to fail, i am now stuck inside the store.

i'll just make a new character, no big deal, but i suggest looking into it, as it is kind of annoying having to make a new save.

4 hours ago, titlover123 said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but, during the maid job the drop-off point is still in the old "cell" or store, effectively forcing you to use noclip, also the first stage of the new story quest got borked for me since my chararter decided that it would be a good time to "relax" in the middle of the conversation, causing any possible equip stage to fail, i am now stuck inside the store.

i'll just make a new character, no big deal, but i suggest looking into it, as it is kind of annoying having to make a new save.

The dropoff thing is fixed in the patched esp. Might not work if you are in the shop when you replace the ESP.

As for the dialogue/scene things. I can't do much about that. As a rule of thumb always quicksave before a quest part and in between. Even vanilla quests random get stuck, especially if mods interfere.

As for the other 2 reported bugs, haven't had much free time to look into it. I did double check the dirtpile thing and I'm 99% sure it's related to a savegame issue and is fixed for sure with a new game. As I can't reproduce it (I always run a clean game) and the location in the CK is correct. The debt-return-stuff bug I need some more time to look into. I think it might be a missing or wrong condition somewhere.

8 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

The dropoff thing is fixed in the patched esp. Might not work if you are in the shop when you replace the ESP.

As for the dialogue/scene things. I can't do much about that. As a rule of thumb always quicksave before a quest part and in between. Even vanilla quests random get stuck, especially if mods interfere.

As for the other 2 reported bugs, haven't had much free time to look into it. I did double check the dirtpile thing and I'm 99% sure it's related to a savegame issue and is fixed for sure with a new game. As I can't reproduce it (I always run a clean game) and the location in the CK is correct. The debt-return-stuff bug I need some more time to look into. I think it might be a missing or wrong condition somewhere.

Thanks, for looking into it, and life is a thing so i understand that you don't have much free time, but still thanks a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tianbeather said:

Edit: I found the problem, it seems the firewood drop off location for me is still in the old version of the shop instead of the new one.

The new version requires a new game or some cleaning to your savefile to remove all traces of the old version before installation.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:21 PM, bardak2015 said:

Hello. Excuse me for my English. The mod is super, passed it 2 times, the old and the new version with the plot without any glitches and crashes. I'm waiting for the continuation of the storyline. Can you tell me when it will be released?

At the moment it's on hold. I do have some thing planned but it might be a while until I start working on it again.

22 hours ago, Tianbeather said:

I seem to be unable to drop off the cut firewood, I am trying to drop it off around the fireplace but I see nothing to interact with.

Am I looking at the wrong location or do I just drop it? I have the latest version of the mod with the fix installed.

Edit: I found the problem, it seems the firewood drop off location for me is still in the old version of the shop instead of the new one.

As mentioned above, a clean save at least or even better a new game is required. Otherwise the locations/references won't get properly updated.

Edited Second time: @naaitsab maybe this info is usable for you.

Ok first i say - i run this mod in Skyrim SE and maybe something work different, but:

First question - how to legally lost shipment in quest get materials? i lost it by throwing on ground.

If you have a debt you cannot complete quest Materials: when you return materials Elvira says: put materials on desk and dialogue end. First i assume it's SE incompatibility  but then i found condition where are forbidden return shipment if you have debt. When i change this condition i can complete quest successfully, end quest and decrease a debt.

Is that work as you want? You cannot complete quest if you have debt? Only chance to complete this quest is drop materials on floor and add more debt.

Maid.

Punishment

As i understand there is 3 random punishments. As my tests show only one work at 90%.

1) Whipping: works always - sometimes player or Elvira stuck in destination to target. Need wait 1 hour or more to continue a quest.

2) Lock in outhouse prison cell - when you got punish in first stage - doors to Skyrim is locked - Elvira goes out and player stuck in home - endless loop to try open locked doors.

I unlock those doors with console - then player as destination choose some place after prison cell and stuck on try to climb up to mountain. I move player on mountain by console then there walk Elvira and we stay looking on both. After a few unsuccessful teleport or long time waiting - scene not goes further. I even try to teleport player to cell but without success. After some time game teleport back player to shop door and at least player now auto navigate into cell. And Scene continue. I have no patient to wait while i be released from cell because can't say how punishment ends.

3) ??????????? - after Elvira decide to punish me, player goes to near a Elvira (where she stay at shop) All freezes.

I try to wait long time teleport player to different locations, teleport Elvira to different locations but nothing goes further. I have no one clue what need to do in third punishment.

Dresser room - after Elvira closes door, she forgot lock it. You can put on restraints and open door manually. Also in that way you can got all restraints by 25 gold. need only free from him later.

But mod have big potential: i like it. The most annoying thing is auto travel. Also some quest part is too long (in blacksmith)

Also water what always spill in Maid quest - at end i use horse to faster move to destination but even on horse without jump it spills

Good luck to your work and i hope this probably bug test will help you.

Edited: My horse loves a pink:

I got message: Player's horse: I like my wife put in those too (text not right but you know how right sounds your mod replica)