Deviously Pink - Elvira's Restrictive Fashion shop

4 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Second run of Maid task worked fine now, gj. Now looking forward for the bigger patch ;)

My save was "semi-clean". I had the older version of mod installed in LAL cell but then it was disabled afterwards. So if you said it only initializes once actually entering shop then i hadn't entered yet in that save.

Thanks for testing. 

I've implemented a sleep routine for Elvira. When she sleeps the guard takes over the counter. The guard can't help you with shop things but she can help you with "other things". But that might result in some cage time if you wake her ;)

Also added a few more things around the shop to give it a little more display feeling.

Spoiler

1910101149_enb2020_04_1915_11_10_61.thumb.jpg.20274df49d3a1e46c8ce1b0ab4aed25d.jpg

Hi @naaitsab ! :) 

Got suggestion about "Do smithing" quest: dismiss followers check-up also in this quest.

Reason: Serana was very nice to open PC Cell door when i was doing smithing.

Than Elvira arrived to free me up. Because Serana has made those doors open - that is what happened:

Spoiler

Situation_plan.jpg.a01e144938b7faeea943465b335dd7d4.jpg

Yeah... Elvira free me up from restraints, gave back items - closed Cell door. And i was locked.

Because doors just pushed me into cell when they were closing... :)

I know console commands that could free me up like "TLC" or by using "unlock" on the object like doors...

And also that some followers using enviroment - will open even Locked doors.

Or like Serana - just "teleport" into room to use Anvil directly (omg!).

Example after i did free myself up:

Spoiler

1262515891_enb2020_04_2100_07_35_10.jpg.e15070ccd675379dda60c535eac3d426.jpg

Edit: or just plz change location where PC travels to be unlocked from restraints by Elvira - out of the door opening/closing range.

11 hours ago, piotsze said:

Hi @naaitsab ! :) 

Got suggestion about "Do smithing" quest: dismiss followers check-up also in this quest.

Reason: Serana was very nice to open PC Cell door when i was doing smithing.

Than Elvira arrived to free me up. Because Serana has made those doors open - that is what happened:

Reveal hidden contents

Situation_plan.jpg.a01e144938b7faeea943465b335dd7d4.jpg

Yeah... Elvira free me up from restraints, gave back items - closed Cell door. And i was locked.

Because doors just pushed me into cell when they were closing... :)

I know console commands that could free me up like "TLC" or by using "unlock" on the object like doors...

And also that some followers using enviroment - will open even Locked doors.

Or like Serana - just "teleport" into room to use Anvil directly (omg!).

Example after i did free myself up:

Reveal hidden contents

1262515891_enb2020_04_2100_07_35_10.jpg.e15070ccd675379dda60c535eac3d426.jpg

Edit: or just plz change location where PC travels to be unlocked from restraints by Elvira - out of the door opening/closing range.

Creative with paint ;) The issue with creating a "realistic small shop" is that the pathing and scenes are prone to issues like getting stuck. There is a reason Bethesda uses quit few doors and wide corridors in their cells :P 

I've added the follower check as a test feature. Will add it to all the 'job' quests. Not sure if the feature is already present in the latest beta build I uploaded I think it was added to the inn feature. But the next beta will have it and is ready for testing. As is the debt system and the sleep routine. Will do another few test runs of the debt system so I don't think it will be sooner than this weekend.

Also tried to mess around with HDT chains to chain the PC to a wall/anchor but that doesn't work. The hard requirement is to be in ragdoll state for this to work. This renders the feature unusable sadly. With permission I used the leash FX-effect from PAH and with the help of invisible walls something similar is created. Sadly not as imersive as a chain but the "magic" excuse always works :P I'm thinking to use this to "tether" the player somewhere outside the shop as a live billboard for devices. Will also see into creating a "client system" to have NPC's visit the shop. This could tie into this idea and the player-forced-into-mannequin punishment I've got in mind.

2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Will also see into creating a "client system" to have NPC's visit the shop.

The general feeling i get from the shop is that it's very tight space. Elvira can only barely walk from behind the counter and pass next to player to go outside. The pathway from behind counter only fits 1 NPC at the time and the main room is small. Basement is even narrower, and all those things contribute to pathing issues especially with multiple followers. I can't imagine how it would be with even more moving NPCs. Maybe even the floor sweeping task would be more fun if it was a almost small mansion floor. If you can make the house 2-4 times bigger it would be great, and also give you space to add things and be creative. I wouldn't even mind if it looks bigger on the inside than outside, functionality matters.

Even on the outside i think creation kit would allow you to just scale the house bigger too.

50 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

The general feeling i get from the shop is that it's very tight space. Elvira can only barely walk from behind the counter and pass next to player to go outside. The pathway from behind counter only fits 1 NPC at the time and the main room is small. Basement is even narrower, and all those things contribute to pathing issues especially with multiple followers. I can't imagine how it would be with even more moving NPCs. Maybe even the floor sweeping task would be more fun if it was a almost small mansion floor. If you can make the house 2-4 times bigger it would be great, and also give you space to add things and be creative. I wouldn't even mind if it looks bigger on the inside than outside, functionality matters.

Even on the outside i think creation kit would allow you to just scale the house bigger too.

I also played with the idea of enlarging the inside. Maybe the extra wide farmhouse interior (the inn?) but it's a lot bigger, I think too large. The medium size is the interior CD used. I want to be vigilant to stay away from creating a CD clone I hope you understand that.  And the "it's bigger on the inside then the outside" can always be appointed to Dwemer magic ;)

Went in the CK and made a "whiterun house" in the same L-shape. As I like the outside one I don't want to change it.

There is a lot of extra room. But it also about twice as high, so I think I will use the wooden floors to create a lower ceiling. Otherwise it look more like a Wallmart than a nice shop. Not planning on making a second floor as stairs are broken as hell in scenes etc. Still not very sold on the idea but the current shop is a bit crowdy.

What do you guys think? Yes or no? I'm a bit towards the no at the moment. Because it's a lot of effort. 

Capture.JPG.a8db3b27b17858da5b695b855c61bf9c.JPG

328668779_Capture2.JPG.2eb49518b9b634e7cf539dbc7d7a3140.JPG

1 hour ago, pikachu345 said:

I feel like I'm simply missing something minor but how do I trigger the delivery quest? I can get all the others, smithing, maid but only the collect materials not deliver items. 

There is currently no delivery quest, only a collection quest. It's on the roadmap but way down at the moment.

Special "story" quests (non repeating) are on the todo list now.

As for the shop revamp, I also enlarged the cellar to create more movement space. The shop itself is still quite bare but due to the size that will always be the case. As cluttering it with useless stuff is not something I want to do.

Capture.JPG.f5c405ea88abbde19291fac8b77f372c.JPG

1463625129_Capture2.JPG.8c9d307be276e3b55a9919f6e96215d8.JPG

23 minutes ago, carlos spicy wiener said:

I can't get any of her quests to work maybe the problem is that I am on special edition but I am unsure.

Did you get the complete version and the small patch? Only the patch won't work.

There are some mixed reports about SSE, some have 0 issues while others can't get it to work.

I don't use SE and I haven't looked into getting LE mods compatible with SSE. So for now I can't really help you with troubleshooting.

4 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Did you get the complete version and the small patch? Only the patch won't work.

There are some mixed reports about SSE, some have 0 issues while others can't get it to work.

I don't use SE and I haven't looked into getting LE mods compatible with SSE. So for now I can't really help you with troubleshooting.

Yes I have both the complete version and the patch so I guess I will try it with out the patch.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:38 AM, carlos spicy wiener said:

It didn't work

Some users have reported that they got it working. Maybe you could ask them?

The rough layout of the store 2.0 is done. It's a bit more like a mall then a cozy shop but the benefit of this is a lot more space for NPC's and less pathing issues. (well Skyrim being skyrm I have to say possible less issues :P ). Next on the list is navmeshing and moving all the markers and triggers over. After that all the scene's will need testing if they run as intended.

For new furniture and animations I'm thinking of adding ZaZ 8.0 as a requirement. But as the current state of things this might be undesirable. How do you guys thing about this? DD furniture sadly fails do deliver what I'm looking for so can't use that.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:32 AM, carlos spicy wiener said:

Yes I have both the complete version and the patch so I guess I will try it with out the patch.

You should add the patch too because it includes script changes. Try saving the DeviouslyPink ESP in Creation Kit for SSE?

And i don't really mind having ZAP 8 as a requirement (i always have it because so many other mods need it). As for ZAP 9 i have worries it will be so massive it will hog all resources from Skyrim... Ofc i can't be sure yet. Developer from ZAP him/herself says in some posts he can't use DD at the same time.

4 hours ago, Zaflis said:

You should add the patch too because it includes script changes. Try saving the DeviouslyPink ESP in Creation Kit for SSE?

And i don't really mind having ZAP 8 as a requirement (i always have it because so many other mods need it). As for ZAP 9 i have worries it will be so massive it will hog all resources from Skyrim... Ofc i can't be sure yet. Developer from ZAP him/herself says in some posts he can't use DD at the same time.

I'm not sure what the thing is with 9. I understand there are some required optimizations to make it work but those are done by someone else or something.

Meanwhile almost every day new items are added, cool to see how fast they are made but in this pace it will A never be done and B have mor furniture than the original game :P

For now it looks most have no objections against the ZaZ 8 requirement, will let the poll run for 24 hours.

52 minutes ago, SigSegv said:

Well uh no nvm, it loads, items are here, but quests are fuckedup

I think there is something that causes the LE quests to bug out on SSE. I also don't think that they are always compatible out of the box so maybe that's why.

Tried SSE with UUNP with DD's. Didn't liked it much. Was pain to even install things correctly not to mention BodySlide and config... And HDT-SMP is what annoys me mostly with unfinished physics of DD's causing CTD's. Idk if that changed around in past half year, so please let me know.

Still thinking to try SSE but if this is gonna be pain like it was before - also some incompatibilities from LE mods to SSE Skyrim - i will pass to make a similar setup on SSE.

For that reason and more - decided to stay forever with LE.

5 hours ago, piotsze said:

Tried SSE with UUNP with DD's. Didn't liked it much. Was pain to even install things correctly not to mention BodySlide and config... And HDT-SMP is what annoys me mostly with unfinished physics of DD's causing CTD's. Idk if that changed around in past half year, so please let me know.

Still thinking to try SSE but if this is gonna be pain like it was before - also some incompatibilities from LE mods to SSE Skyrim - i will pass to make a similar setup on SSE.

For that reason and more - decided to stay forever with LE.

After I upgraded to a 9700K and a clean install of Windows 10 I've had 0 crashes and it runs quite stable around 50FPS with a lot of graphical mods. Before it was a bit messed up.

So beside a better (well less garbage) Creation Kit and abit more featurerich engine I don't see that much that would get met to SSE. A lot of mods are not converted and the conversion is a bit hit and mis. Seems to me it's more hassle than it's worth.

Maybe I do a "non LL" install of SSE. Just for the storyline and new ENB's

ez fix for sse is to open with CK and save, also run nif optimized and you're good to go

Only had very few pathfinding issues (player stuck), teleporting fixed it, no bug so far.