Atelier Ryza - Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout

4 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

I love you, Colonel YXS !!!! It actually worked perfectly! lmao, here

213412.jpg.cb02ce2de10f1579c04df293cf2175e2.jpg

And one more thing about the Midnight Choco version here

4252.jpg.a5edcd54534386ec6e97a5c7901ecf56.jpg

^Can we, somehow through Photoshop to remove hat? Does Ryza have actual hair without hat or not? Also, if the hat removal is even remotely possible, is it also possible to edit eye/hair color? I really want to mess with those, but the tool won't open the "choco" gust1 files....so, I am really lost here.

Hat removal has been attempted before. It has texture but is purely a ball underneath, looks a bit wired. So I leave it on.

hair colour is easy, just change the texture colour. Some may change the alpha of the dds file directly.

Eyes colour is a much complicated things. It is do-able but require many file to be editted.

And it may disrupt the normal facial expression. (face is more complicate than body and hair)

You can try. the method to unpack the game file and tools are all in this thread.

Read it through. You will find all the things you need.

11 hours ago, hashigicc9 said:

Well, would you look at that? The only mod that actually worked but in the worst way possible. lmao 

Guys, help, please.

dsg.jpg

Glad you took a screenshot i tried several times with the different files but the same thing kept happening to me so I give up on that mod in the end

23 minutes ago, XPLOSIV said:

Glad you took a screenshot i tried several times with the different files but the same thing kept happening to me so I give up on that mod in the end

Hah. Yeah, I really do not know what to do here about that. I mean, changing textures by simply moving/replacing/renaming is the easy part. 

Changing model with another model seems impossible for me.

4 hours ago, YXS said:

Hat removal has been attempted before. It has texture but is purely a ball underneath, looks a bit wired. So I leave it on.

hair colour is easy, just change the texture colour. Some may change the alpha of the dds file directly.

Eyes colour is a much complicated things. It is do-able but require many file to be editted.

And it may disrupt the normal facial expression. (face is more complicate than body and hair)

You can try. the method to unpack the game file and tools are all in this thread.

Read it through. You will find all the things you need.

I read about some comments on the thread, but the more I see the more confused I get. When you say textures you mean the .DDS file of the hair, right? Via Photoshop. I noticed I can change the color of the first brown picture and maybe the second one which is the luminosity of the hair. 

My problem is not that, it's just, I can't open the choco Ryza with the black and blond hair and edit the hair in there. I will try with the original model, the one you told me the trick to no jacket and let you know, since, somehow, I may be able to open the hair, but the problem still is : Even when I pack it back and putting it in the character's according folder, the game gets infinite loading/crashing. 

17 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

I read about some comments on the thread, but the more I see the more confused I get. When you say textures you mean the .DDS file of the hair, right? Via Photoshop. I noticed I can change the color of the first brown picture and maybe the second one which is the luminosity of the hair. 

My problem is not that, it's just, I can't open the choco Ryza with the black and blond hair and edit the hair in there. I will try with the original model, the one you told me the trick to no jacket and let you know, since, somehow, I may be able to open the hair, but the problem still is : Even when I pack it back and putting it in the character's according folder, the game gets infinite loading/crashing. 

So far the mod I published, wasn’t doing any alternation to the actual model.

What most of us did was making the texture (dds) file transparent.

So model swap was just the file, what’s inside was the default model. Nothing being changed :D

so if you want to remove the hat, you make the hat texture transparent in the dds file. That’s all.

haha

Reading the thread may be confusing, but it gives you lots of background so once we told you the most important point, you will get it right away. That’s the main idea of reading the whole thread ;) 

13 minutes ago, YXS said:

So far the mod I published, wasn’t doing any alternation to the actual model.

What most of us did was making the texture (dds) file transparent.

So model swap was just the file, what’s inside was the default model. Nothing being changed :D

so if you want to remove the hat, you make the hat texture transparent in the dds file. That’s all.

haha

Reading the thread may be confusing, but it gives you lots of background so once we told you the most important point, you will get it right away. That’s the main idea of reading the whole thread ;) 

I will try to read the whole thread again from the beginning, but so far I know how to put the g1t file in to the g1t tool, make the folder pc00a, go inside, open with photoshop the hair and change the color of the hair and save it. That's all good so far. The .dds file has the same kb size as the original - I saw it before and after - , now, YXS, HERE IS THE CONFUSING PART :  I can't import it correctly, somehow the files are getting messed up and the size is smaller thus, resulting in game crashing while trying to load the continue screen where Ryza is standing at.

How/Why does that happen? That's what's bugging me. I am desperately trying to change hair color - which is the most simple and laughable modding method, I know, I am not perfect, everyone starts from somewhere, right? - yet, I can't for the life of me make it work. The newly created g1t file is smaller in size and when I put it in the character / pc00a folder the game starts up to the opening, and right after the opening, before the continue/load game/new game/options screen comes out, it crashes. 

When I try to open the new g1t file in the g1t tool, it says files mismatch and it won't open it. 

Help. lol

41 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

I will try to read the whole thread again from the beginning, but so far I know how to put the g1t file in to the g1t tool, make the folder pc00a, go inside, open with photoshop the hair and change the color of the hair and save it. That's all good so far. The .dds file has the same kb size as the original - I saw it before and after - , now, YXS, HERE IS THE CONFUSING PART :  I can't import it correctly, somehow the files are getting messed up and the size is smaller thus, resulting in game crashing while trying to load the continue screen where Ryza is standing at.

How/Why does that happen? That's what's bugging me. I am desperately trying to change hair color - which is the most simple and laughable modding method, I know, I am not perfect, everyone starts from somewhere, right? - yet, I can't for the life of me make it work. The newly created g1t file is smaller in size and when I put it in the character / pc00a folder the game starts up to the opening, and right after the opening, before the continue/load game/new game/options screen comes out, it crashes. 

When I try to open the new g1t file in the g1t tool, it says files mismatch and it won't open it. 

Help. lol

So I found it less buggy to convert dds file to png file for editting.

Some edit dds straightly and has no problem (not sure)

My step was unpack g1t, convert dds to png, edit with photoshop, convert png back to dds. pack back to g1t.

That way I never got problem.

Although I never unpack editted files.

Instead, I save my png file, and each time I want to make something new, I start edit the png and repeat the packing process again.

It took me a while to get it to work. don't give up. You will find your own way :D

33 minutes ago, YXS said:

My step was unpack g1t, convert dds to png, edit with photoshop, convert png back to dds. pack back to g1t.

Instead, I save my png file, and each time I want to make something new, I start edit the png and repeat the packing process again.

It took me a while to get it to work. don't give up. You will find your own way :D

Thank you for that tip. Now I have to discover, somehow, how to make the .dds in to a .png. 

But I think I got an idea already, two, actually. I'll try your method and let you know how it went. 

Sub question : Do I have to mess with an elixir file, again? 

1 hour ago, YXS said:

Alright, even with your method, of png and all, I still am getting crash before the main menu screen. Here's what I am doing and you or anyone please tell me if I am doing anything wrong here :

1. Grabbing the pc00a model file from game directory : data/x64/character/pc00a_model.g1t

2. Copying that to desktop so I can see it and then moving it to the Gust Tool and using the gust_g1t.

3. Folder pc00a has been created.

4. Inside the folder is the 012.DDS file which is the hair. That's the only one I am opening through Photoshop.

5. I pick the hue/saturation in photoshop and changing the color to purple or something.

6. I save the file either as .dds or as .png and then making it .dds again like YXS mentioned is doing. I also am making the .dds a .png first and after edit to .dds, still didn't worked.

7. When I am done with the edit by simply saturating the color and saving it like that in Photoshop, I exit Photoshop, going back to folder, and going back to the tools.

8. Grabbing the folder pc00a and putting it on the gust_g1t tool to make the pc00a_model.g1t file again while the original is being renamed .bak.

9. Grabbing the new edited pc00a_model.g1t file and shoving it to the game's data/x64/character/pc00a_model.g1t

10. Starting up the game. Everything works fine up to the point of the main menu screen. I can't ever see it. It crashes. 

I don't know what else to do, I am at my wits end. Do I have to mess with something else? I am not doing a good job at photoshop? I simply do not know anymore. I am not a modder. I am really in a need of help.

3 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

Alright, even with your method, of png and all, I still am getting crash before the main menu screen. Here's what I am doing and you or anyone please tell me if I am doing anything wrong here :

1. Grabbing the pc00a model file from game directory : data/x64/character/pc00a_model.g1t

2. Copying that to desktop so I can see it and then moving it to the Gust Tool and using the gust_g1t.

3. Folder pc00a has been created.

4. Inside the folder is the 012.DDS file which is the hair. That's the only one I am opening through Photoshop.

5. I pick the hue/saturation in photoshop and changing the color to purple or something.

6. I save the file either as .dds or as .png and then making it .dds again like YXS mentioned is doing. I also am making the .dds a .png first and after edit to .dds, still didn't worked.

7. When I am done with the edit by simply saturating the color and saving it like that in Photoshop, I exit Photoshop, going back to folder, and going back to the tools.

8. Grabbing the folder pc00a and putting it on the gust_g1t tool to make the pc00a_model.g1t file again while the original is being renamed .bak.

9. Grabbing the new edited pc00a_model.g1t file and shoving it to the game's data/x64/character/pc00a_model.g1t

10. Starting up the game. Everything works fine up to the point of the main menu screen. I can't ever see it. It crashes. 

I don't know what else to do, I am at my wits end. Do I have to mess with something else? I am not doing a good job at photoshop? I simply do not know anymore. I am not a modder. I am really in a need of help.

the thing I do different was to convert the dds to png first using any other software even online converter.

then edit the png file with photoshop, save as png.

then convert back to dds.

somehow I got error as well while editting dds directly through photoshop.

I heard using GIMP seems to work that way.

But with photoshop I have to convert dds to png first, and that say I never get error.

10 minutes ago, YXS said:

the thing I do different was to convert the dds to png first using any other software even online converter.

then edit the png file with photoshop, save as png.

then convert back to dds.

somehow I got error as well while editting dds directly through photoshop.

I heard using GIMP seems to work that way.

But with photoshop I have to convert dds to png first, and that say I never get error.

Okay, so, the rest of my steps were right? Also, when you edit the color, are you using hue/saturation or you are using pigment and do it manually? 

Alright. It's not working either, YXS. 

I found a page, did the same steps and converted the .dds to .png it just doesn't work. 

I think maybe the gust_g1t is the problem here, but I am not sure, it looks like something's missing. 

The game keeps crashing no matter what kind of method I am trying to use.

Also, the file looks always smaller compared to the original pc00a_g1t , it is like 13,000 KB give or take, while the original is 15,000 KB. 

There's some seriously wrong/weird compression going on here, the method is the same the tool might messing everything up. I don't know what to do if the tool is the problem.

On 11/10/2019 at 2:09 AM, wolf404 said:

I had the same issue with the other tools corrupting the files and causing game crashes. 

This is the only one I found that will let you repack the texture files with no corruption. G1tRePack20180726.zip

For those who don't understand Japanese here are the instructions for use:

Make a backup of your g1t file first.

1. Drag and drop the g1t file you want to modify into the top input area.

2. If you want to extract the files from it then click the button at the top right. (If you extracted them with another tool then skip this step.)

3. Edit the dds file(s) you want.

4. Drag and drop the edited dds file into the 2nd input area.

5. Click the bottom right button to add your edited dds file into the g1t file and overwrite the old one.

My Ryza: 

181825795_Atelier_Ryza2019-11-0817-49-11.thumb.png.a1a866452eed3894e1ceadae9795ab64.png

This is giving me an error. This tool when double clicking it or trying to drag on it a g1t file/dds file it won't work at all. It gives me the same error something like empty space is not legal or whatever and a JIT issue. I can't use it and I don't know what else to do with it. I've tried everything I can think of. I am also running it as administrator, checked the box, too.

1 hour ago, hashigicc9 said:

Here's what happens with the Japanese tool. I have a feeling it could work better than the gust tool, but sadly, I have this problem, meaning, any progress I want to make about modding is blocked by this error which I don't know how to fix.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I just clicked continue and it worked just. Just make sure that you have the .g1t file selected up there when switching .dds files (lower button) or extracting them (upper button).

14 minutes ago, aflamingo said:

I just clicked continue and it worked just. Just make sure that you have the .g1t file selected up there when switching .dds files (lower button) or extracting them (upper button).

Seems like I somehow, magically, made it work and accept the drag and drop thing. Problem is, I am pressing the button on the bottom right and it doesn't do anything. The .dds file is in the pc00a folder, that's how I can drag and drop it in there, but that's it. I can't do anything else.

5 hours ago, hashigicc9 said:

Seems like I somehow, magically, made it work and accept the drag and drop thing. Problem is, I am pressing the button on the bottom right and it doesn't do anything. The .dds file is in the pc00a folder, that's how I can drag and drop it in there, but that's it. I can't do anything else.

You need to select the .g1t file that you want to modify before adding the modified .dds. It will seem like nothing happened but if you inspect the .g1t file you'll see that it was edited.

7 hours ago, hashigicc9 said:

Here's what happens with the Japanese tool. I have a feeling it could work better than the gust tool, but sadly, I have this problem, meaning, any progress I want to make about modding is blocked by this error which I don't know how to fix.

1.jpg

2.jpg

This tool need install .NET Framework 4.6.1 , Did you do it? image.png.3a25d313c5877f0bf5e56288b2ee0cb1.png

2 hours ago, HrJasn said:

This tool need install .NET Framework 4.6.1 , Did you do it? image.png.3a25d313c5877f0bf5e56288b2ee0cb1.png

I have the newest .NET Framework, so yeah.

Btw, I managed to make it work, by having the files in the same folder, I managed to make the first option at least work by unpacking the g1t file and I can see multiple .dds files in a row with the name pc00a_model.g1t_0000 and it goes up to 0017. Literally how the files are. Now, here's the brainer part : The bottom right button still doesn't do anything at all when pressed. 

42 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

I have the newest .NET Framework, so yeah.

Btw, I managed to make it work, by having the files in the same folder, I managed to make the first option at least work by unpacking the g1t file and I can see multiple .dds files in a row with the name pc00a_model.g1t_0000 and it goes up to 0017. Literally how the files are. Now, here's the brainer part : The bottom right button still doesn't do anything at all when pressed. 

bottom right button is to update editted dds files in the original one. You have to name the editted files as the number you editted. when pressed, it should just replaced the files automatically.

If you check the time stamp for the g1t it should be updated to current time. 

35 minutes ago, YXS said:

bottom right button is to update editted dds files in the original one. You have to name the editted files as the number you editted. when pressed, it should just replaced the files automatically.

If you check the time stamp for the g1t it should be updated to current time. 

Okay, I'll try that. If it still won't work, I'll post pictures. I know I am THIS close to solve my issue and start making my own mods.

232.jpg.143ee01b370453637f0a26b543433a55.jpg

2324.jpg.b93e0a606206d21d545804fcf6c28d51.jpg

......Nothing is happening. I moved all the pc00a model dds files to a new folder. I tried to drag the folder to gust_g1t and it says that. If I get the .json file from th original pc00a_model.g1t it will start saying that it can't read model 0000. 

16 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

Okay, I'll try that. If it still won't work, I'll post pictures. I know I am THIS close to solve my issue and start making my own mods.

232.jpg.143ee01b370453637f0a26b543433a55.jpg

2324.jpg.b93e0a606206d21d545804fcf6c28d51.jpg

......Nothing is happening. I moved all the pc00a model dds files to a new folder. I tried to drag the folder to gust_g1t and it says that. If I get the .json file from th original pc00a_model.g1t it will start saying that it can't read model 0000. 

So the first block I put the current g1t file that I want to inject the dds in.

And the second box is the dds I finish editted.

611772342_.PNG.b68608258bd991de36ec39a004e2892f.PNG

Press the bottom right button "更新" will trigger the tool to replace the editted dds in the g1t you selected in the top block.

No further step required, the g1t should be updated already (check time stamp)