Atelier Ryza - Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout

3 hours ago, nomog said:

Could somebody post a link to YXS mega? I see people refering to it all the time but I cant find a link. Thanks!

I would have asked for permission first, but since YXS is a really cool guy and he already took the plunge by sharing his work and telling people to bookmark his mega, there you go :

https://mega.nz/#F!6YBWnIzR!wPiRTwptZ_IUNFZRpqXWaA!eAR2VS7T

^Just bookmark it and be updated everytime you check on your browser by clicking on it. YXS is a really good modder. 

2 hours ago, wongRex said:

New to this thread, can some one tell me or give me a link explaining how to use mods for this game? Thanks

There you go : 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10QHnejHxaG1BOx8jIfR-6U54oWUe0o1p

You gonna need the tools for that, here's an explanation about how to use them

Download it, open it, extract it in a new folder somewhere you can see it, preferably on Desktop. 

Inside it, you'll see Tools, two more files, just ignore everything except the folder Tools, go in.

Pay attention to the file named "G1tRePack.exe" that's the one you really gonna need. 

If you read the previous comments, somewhere between page 1-5 you'll see some people shared a first tool in order to open the game's files, go and read that because I can't look right now, otherwise wait for me to find it and upload it on my GDrive. 

Check the comments above on THIS page here, to see Crossx's quoted reply to me, and me telling them how to use the tool I am providing you with through my GDrive right now. You basically need the AR Tool, Photoshop or any other picture/texture editing program like GIMP maybe, or Pain - maybe? - and the page to convert dds to png and vice versa. 

1st EDIT : It's one the first page, just checked. Downloaded it and putted it in my GDrive for simplicity, but do go and give kudos to the original uploader for that. 

About the decrypt, use the A18 which is for Firis. That's what is working. Go to Ryza's game directory and copy the PACK00_02.PACK file to your desktop or better to the folder of the decrypt. Use the tool A18 to decrypt the PACK00_02.PACK and you'll see data folder and x64 created. Simply, go back to your game's data folder and delete the PACK00_02.PACK from there and paste inside the x64 folder from the data folder the "characters", so it should be something like this

Game's Directory/data/x64/character

That's the first step, done. Second step is what I said above on my comment and on crossx reply which are also above. Good luck.

My first time creating a mod, I hope I didn't mess up. ?

Another Lila edit, for it to work you will need the pc05a_model.elixir.gz from [A21] 伝統の戦装束カスタムMOD v1.1.7z, https://ux.getuploader.com/steam_mod_share/ which is a mod made by moderachan.

Here is a preview of her 

https://i.imgur.com/k02GUoV.png

https://mega.nz/#F!AoFUwAoJ!TXIj4SkEVhATDu3JTIiPKQ

I tried removing a bit of the cloth towards the crotch but behind there is no texture, are these only modifiable with Blender and the elixir files?

6 hours ago, hashigicc9 said:

I would have asked for permission first, but since YXS is a really cool guy and he already took the plunge by sharing his work and telling people to bookmark his mega, there you go :

https://mega.nz/#F!6YBWnIzR!wPiRTwptZ_IUNFZRpqXWaA!eAR2VS7T

^Just bookmark it and be updated everytime you check on your browser by clicking on it. YXS is a really good modder. 

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it :) This community is great!

3 hours ago, lord14 said:

This is just a work in progress. I fully edited the mesh (it was a nightmare), re-unwrapped the UVs and recalculated the normals. The textures needs a lot of work ATM, but i want to play the game a bit. I didn't even unlocked Lila as a companion yet :(!

vdx7YU.jpgvdxXsY.jpg

This is very difficult project, you are so terrific!

On 11/30/2019 at 3:17 AM, Joe Average said:

I was using moderchan's edit as a base and forgot that they made changes to the pc05a_model.elixir.gz file. I only mades changes to the pc05a_model.g1t and failed to mention it. You can get moderchan's elixir file on their upload site https://ux.getuploader.com/steam_mod_share/ (3rd one down dated 19/11/18 on the far right)

I do have the elixir file but dont think it works on Nintendo Switch unless someone out there know how to get it working?

6 minutes ago, XPLOSIV said:

I do have the elixir file but dont think it works on Nintendo Switch unless someone out there know how to get it working?

Personally, one of the reasons I do not prefer console gaming when games are on PC is the modding part. But I heard it is possible to mod on Switch, too. 

My wild guess would be if you can connect your Switch to your PC, do the work on PC, and then copy it back on Switch. The game files I mean. But that's all I can say, since, I do not own Switch. 

9 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

Personally, one of the reasons I do not prefer console gaming when games are on PC is the modding part. But I heard it is possible to mod on Switch, too. 

My wild guess would be if you can connect your Switch to your PC, do the work on PC, and then copy it back on Switch. The game files I mean. But that's all I can say, since, I do not own Switch. 

Appreciate the help but don't think it would have any effect transferring from pc as some of the files wouldn't work in LayeredFS

20 hours ago, lord14 said:

This is just a work in progress. I fully edited the mesh (it was a nightmare), re-unwrapped the UVs and recalculated the normals. The textures needs a lot of work ATM, but i want to play the game a bit. I didn't even unlocked Lila as a companion yet :(!

vdx7YU.jpgvdxXsY.jpg

Hi lord14~

Thank you for everything! BTW, How can to download and ues it?Thanks alot!

2 hours ago, nomog said:

Wow this is amazing! Reminds me of how I modded Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU. Is it difficult to mod on the switch?

I have modded XCX on the wii u aswell but a fair while back now. it involved connecting the wiiu and the pc together online and changing variables if I remember correctly so I would say easier to mod on the switch but can be troublesome as it can involve you having to keep switching files and rebooting the system but the main thing is finding the file path and creating that on your sd card to mimic what layout the files would be on pc so layeredfs can read the files

14 hours ago, PanEx said:

I may be a little dumb, but I don't know where yall are getting the PACK00_02.jsn file at

Hello! If I understand you correctly you are asking how to unpack the PACK00_02 folder, right? On the first page somebody posted a link to the Gust Tools. You have to download the zip-file there and in it you will find several programs. Then drag and drop the PACK00_02 file (which should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza\Data) on the gust_pak program. This will create a folder where all the files are you need for modding.

I hope I could explain it well. If you should have further questions just ask!

1 hour ago, Wisky said:

Woah! nice! how can we do that on PC? is there a mod to swap Ryza for dark Lila ? :)

I think you simply have to copy the model and model.elixir files from Lilas folder, then rename them to "pc00a_model" and "pc00a_model.elixir" and after that paste and overwrite them to pc00a.

I havent actually tried that myself, I hope someone can confirm this or correct me.

2 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

Let's make it easier now, since, peeps are gonna be reading from here, and to their defense, no one wants/should sit down and read 20+ pages from the beginning on a forum for a 5 minute solution. Say thank you to the original uploader, I am just pasting the link here

https://github.com/shizukachan/atelier_pak_decrypt/releases

^That's for decrypting PACK files.

Haha yes, once you figure it out its not that difficult, but it takes some commitment to understand ;) 

6 minutes ago, nomog said:

Haha yes, once you figure it out its not that difficult, but it takes some commitment to understand ;) 

It really doesn't. I am not the brightest person when it comes to intelligence. In fact, I am a big slowpoke and sometimes braindead. But this was easy to understand and simple. If someone like me could do that fast and easy, then everyone else in the world can. Commitment would be to sit down and spend like an hour or two creating/editing textures and adding them to the game, and that can be also easy but it's very time consuming and tedious sometimes. 

39 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

It really doesn't. I am not the brightest person when it comes to intelligence. In fact, I am a big slowpoke and sometimes braindead. But this was easy to understand and simple. If someone like me could do that fast and easy, then everyone else in the world can. Commitment would be to sit down and spend like an hour or two creating/editing textures and adding them to the game, and that can be also easy but it's very time consuming and tedious sometimes. 

Maybe I used the wrong word. I just wanted to say that it took me some time to read through several posts until I had a clear picture of how to mod the game.

3 minutes ago, nomog said:

Maybe I used the wrong word. I just wanted to say that it took me some time to read through several posts until I had a clear picture of how to mod the game.

Yeah, that's definitely true. And since I know the pain and suffering skirmishing and reading through so many pages - more than 20 right now, I decided to put the link here. lol We should make it this way so each new page will be filled with the essentials or something.