Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Teratophilia


Quote

Teratophilia refers to the sexual attraction to either monsters - from the Victorian penchant for mummy erotica to the Babadook or to the attraction to deformed people. The word comes from the greek τέρας meaning monster and φιλία meaning love.

With the introduction of monster supports into Sexbound, it was odd that only a couple supports for a few known or common monsters existed-- or for that one custom monster people really don't stop bullying on the workshop... Well, here it is, Teratophilia! The vanilla monster support compilation!

 

The first update, namely the "Garden" update, features unique creatures found in the starting planet, Garden biome, on the surface, plus a few extras.

Currently supported: Snaunt, Tentacle Crawler (Or Ruin Crawler), Nutmidge, Nutmidgeling, King Nutmidgeling, Punchy, and Satan Gleaps, Fire-Satan Fire Gleaps, Smoglin, Poison Smoglin, Adult Poptop/Mother Poptop, Poptop, Albino Poptop, Scandroid, Paratail.

 

With all that said, these are very experimental supports, trying to make use of the assets and options i have, so some animations will look funky, some others funny, and mostly dumb. So feel free to offer criticism, suggestions, and questions about the support.

 

Once installed, just hit a monster with the Aphrodite's Bow, or analogues, and they'll become a node just like a NPC.


 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, deniedanal said:

question do monsters interact with the player if there turned into a node e.g with "sexbound defeat"?

Not in Sexbound 2.13. Or i should say, not yet.

Share this post


Link to post

and also will you be launching it per biome or are you just gonna throw what ever you made into the mod. and good sprites btw found it cute with some of the animations but ive noticed i've gotten some of them pregnant. when ever i beam out they despawn if i where to wait would it spawn a new monster? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, deniedanal said:

and also will you be launching it per biome or are you just gonna throw what ever you made into the mod. and good sprites btw found it cute with some of the animations but ive noticed i've gotten some of them pregnant. when ever i beam out they despawn if i where to wait would it spawn a new monster? 

 

So, bullet points for the questions:

  • I am hoping to release it based on per-biome, yes. Gonna wait a bit and do a poll on the next biome. Plus, of course, should i manage to get any more of them in (extras), they'll be added. Some uniques spawn in places they're not supposed to, so they'll get added along more than likely.
  • Thanks.
  • Monsters will despawn whenever the area is unloaded, but if you stick around long enough, they do indeed give birth to another monster. By default, though, these birthed monsters will also despawn all the same, so its nothing that really matters. With Sexbound Tweaker, i made it so NPC's/Players can give birth to monsters aswell, but they're friendly and won't despawn. Still working on overriding the monster's birth, since its not the same as NPC's despite saying it is.

 

Share this post


Link to post

how the actual frozen hell this slipped under my radar?, thanks for the mod Red, your and the sexbound team work is saving the starbound adult community, thanks for it all, also downloading when i get home, thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for all this Red3dred! Monster compatibility is awesome. Can't wait to see all the stuff you and other people can make with the default monsters or possibly custom monsters. ^u^

Share this post


Link to post

damn, what im missing for playing a not supported yet race for sexbound xD
(Im using lamias (alt. reskin + larger tails) more specifically) :P

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for making this. I was actually considering trying to take a crack at a monster sex mod myself since I was getting frustrated with the lack of support for this feature!

Any chance you could add smoglins in your next update? Those lanky lizard dogs have always been a favorite of mine :3

Share this post


Link to post

Here's an odd question/idea. So, I understand that making this work with sexbound defeat would be horrible, as it would mean modifying monsters to be able to use objects/sexnodes. What if you did it the other way around? Would it be possible to have the defeat script tell if a monster was the one to deliver the "killing" blow, and if so, turn the monster that did it into a sex node, and force the player to use it instead?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, AvokBat said:

Thank you for making this. I was actually considering trying to take a crack at a monster sex mod myself since I was getting frustrated with the lack of support for this feature!

Any chance you could add smoglins in your next update? Those lanky lizard dogs have always been a favorite of mine :3

Heh, the vote will be coming soon, but i gotta pick from 4-5 biomes with enough monsters to be worthwhile. Smoglins though are a community favorite, so probably.

 

6 hours ago, lindazana said:

Here's an odd question/idea. So, I understand that making this work with sexbound defeat would be horrible, as it would mean modifying monsters to be able to use objects/sexnodes. What if you did it the other way around? Would it be possible to have the defeat script tell if a monster was the one to deliver the "killing" blow, and if so, turn the monster that did it into a sex node, and force the player to use it instead?

Boi would you like to know what's going on in the preview versions.

I'd say don't worry about that just yet, it'll happen eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Heh, the vote will be coming soon, but i gotta pick from 4-5 biomes with enough monsters to be worthwhile. Smoglins though are a community favorite, so probably.

Ohh, I imagine smoglins would fit into the volcanic biome? Though they spawn in the alien biome as well, and the alien biome has more interesting critters for sexbound purposes, so it might be better to lump them in with a "Xenophilia Safari" bundle rather than a "Hot and Bothered" expansion. Since the only thing magma biomes have that seem interesting that alien biomes don't also have is the fennix. That's just my two cents on it though :3

 

1cc0671973523c949ef35ba6e925db2f.png

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, AvokBat said:

Ohh, I imagine smoglins would fit into the volcanic biome? Though they spawn in the alien biome as well, and the alien biome has more interesting critters for sexbound purposes, so it might be better to lump them in with a "Xenophilia Safari" bundle rather than a "Hot and Bothered" expansion. Since the only thing magma biomes have that seem interesting that alien biomes don't also have is the fennix. That's just my two cents on it though :3

 

1cc0671973523c949ef35ba6e925db2f.png

Hmmmm, most definitely a good choice, good variety... I'll review the options and release the poll soon. But sadly, yeah, some biomes only have like 2-3 uniques and they are shared among other biomes.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh hey, question for you: Will the pack include support for the rare variants of each monster? For example, Smoglins have a rare toxic variant, and many other monsters have rare variations as well. Will these side-variants of the species included in any given update be supported as well?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, AvokBat said:

Oh hey, question for you: Will the pack include support for the rare variants of each monster? For example, Smoglins have a rare toxic variant, and many other monsters have rare variations as well. Will these side-variants of the species included in any given update be supported as well?

I plan to, and more often than not, i can easily recolor and reuse most animations, and apply any special details from the special variant to the normal support, but i do see a couple snags on that, on monsters that may be particularly different than their normal equivalents. For instance, the Nutmidge has a crack in the middle of its nutshell that allowed for my animations to work as i wanted, but the rare variant may prove more time consuming.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, red3dred said:

I plan to, and more often than not, i can easily recolor and reuse most animations, and apply any special details from the special variant to the normal support, but i do see a couple snags on that, on monsters that may be particularly different than their normal equivalents. For instance, the Nutmidge has a crack in the middle of its nutshell that allowed for my animations to work as i wanted, but the rare variant may prove more time consuming.

Yeah, though if you get a bit inventive I bet you could make them work pretty well. For example, the rare nutmidge could have little holes/hatches that it opens in the barrel to work. Alternatively because of its toxic/mutated nature, you could potentially give it tendrils and I doubt anyone would bat an eye~

 

Ohh, on another note, I was curious: Do you have any plans to add support for other creatures? For example, mooshi and floffalo?

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, AvokBat said:

Yeah, though if you get a bit inventive I bet you could make them work pretty well. For example, the rare nutmidge could have little holes/hatches that it opens in the barrel to work. Alternatively because of its toxic/mutated nature, you could potentially give it tendrils and I doubt anyone would bat an eye~

 

Ohh, on another note, I was curious: Do you have any plans to add support for other creatures? For example, mooshi and floffalo?

On one hand, yeah, making such little changes isn't a problem, its just more time consuming, like i had stated. Nothing i'm opposed to, just extra work.

 

As for the second, same reason why the Erchius Ghost isn't enabled: These monsters use different scripts than normal average aggressive monsters, thus replacing theirs with the Sexbound ones may not work out without a whole newly remade script just for that type. For instance, i once tried applying the main script to a ship pet. Needless to say the entire game crashed. So,there are some limitations to take in mind when approaching unusual monster types.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, red3dred said:

As for the second, same reason why the Erchius Ghost isn't enabled: These monsters use different scripts than normal average aggressive monsters, thus replacing theirs with the Sexbound ones may not work out without a whole newly remade script just for that type. For instance, i once tried applying the main script to a ship pet. Needless to say the entire game crashed. So,there are some limitations to take in mind when approaching unusual monster types.

Ohhh yeah, that makes sense. I assume a similar script limitation prevents female monsters from appearing female when they become nodes, and instead defaulting to the male appearance? Or, rather, a script limitation by the way sexbound prioritizes node genders?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, AvokBat said:

Ohhh yeah, that makes sense. I assume a similar script limitation prevents female monsters from appearing female when they become nodes, and instead defaulting to the male appearance? Or, rather, a script limitation by the way sexbound prioritizes node genders?

... what?

Female monsters are female in animations aswell, should any species be cannonically or specifically female-only. The issue with "male is default" was resolved a long while ago (In the main Sexbound API). Of course, any monster supports from before the update are still going to keep the behaviour of defaulting to male as that is to avoid issues, something that the support creators can fix with a single patch line in their mods if they wish.

Unless you mean female monsters OUTSIDE of animations. That's something i'm not going to touch, since it'd require basically breaking every single monster type into 2 and then also having the mod destroy your planets/saves when removed.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, red3dred said:

... what?

Female monsters are female in animations aswell, should any species be cannonically or specifically female-only. The issue with "male is default" was resolved a long while ago (In the main Sexbound API). Of course, any monster supports from before the update are still going to keep the behaviour of defaulting to male as that is to avoid issues, something that the support creators can fix with a single patch line in their mods if they wish.

Unless you mean female monsters OUTSIDE of animations. That's something i'm not going to touch, since it'd require basically breaking every single monster type into 2 and then also having the mod destroy your planets/saves when removed.

Yeah, I meant outside of animations, but not to that extent. For example, I have a male and a female snaunt, but when you hit them with the Aphrodite's bow, they both appear as a snaunt with an erect penis at first, even though the female one defaults to the "submissive" animations, and doesn't have a penis when in those animations, while the male defaults to the dominant animations, and still has a penis even when switched to the submissive animations

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, AvokBat said:

Yeah, I meant outside of animations, but not to that extent. For example, I have a male and a female snaunt, but when you hit them with the Aphrodite's bow, they both appear as a snaunt with an erect penis at first, even though the female one defaults to the "submissive" animations, and doesn't have a penis when in those animations, while the male defaults to the dominant animations, and still has a penis even when switched to the submissive animations

That's... odd... i would like to check this out myself, with a log perhaps.

If you have a FUTA mod, remind yourself those also affect monsters.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...