[mod] Teratophilia

26 minutes ago, Zaroth_0 said:

If they give you permission to release, with credit granted, the existing poptop animations, why not? They've become the defacto mascot, so you can't just leave them out.

Didn't say i wouldn't, just saying "Hey, they're busy and i might not get permission for it before the next update, and i can't really just make another one without being biased by it".

If they're fine with it, hey, i wouldn't be against it.

27 minutes ago, Zaroth_0 said:

The unique variants from pandoras box, however, are far more interesting if nobody's asked. Though the author's on extended hiatus, so it might take a good while to get a response if someone tries.

Here's a big issue with the API right that prevents this; The creatures from Pandora's Box aren't actually separate creatures. I mean, caketops and cupcaketops are separate monster types, yes, but all the color variants are all under the same monster, essentially, it's a modular monster just like the Randomly Generated ones, but only use the "body" part instead (Basically, a pool of possible colors is just a bunch of whole body recolors that get loaded instead) buuuut that also means it's not currently accounted for in the API, and it'd just always look like the base monster or whatever animation was made for a single type-- not to mention, you'd need to make a separate animation for each recolor (Color swaps, but still, a lot of data ain't it?)

I was hoping the creator would be able to pull off Pandora's Box V2, with less bloat content and a new method of creating color swaps, using directives instead (Something that would be instantly and natively compatible with Sexbound, and is a vanilla color-swap method that has existed since forever), but that hope is only a wish, as they're on Hiatus and don't really have a workstation.

30 minutes ago, IxFa said:

What, really? I looked around and didn't see any such thing. I just now searched "poptop" in this forum and still don't see it. I think I'm somehow blinding here. 

And while you may not redistribute their work, you could link that in the original post perhaps so people interesting in monster sex can get all the animations other people did before you. 

The reason why the mod isn't avaiable is because it was one of the very first "example" and "Beta" of monster supports among other features; Essentially, Loc made a "Poptop support" at first to showcase how to enable monsters and also act as a preview for his Supporters on Patreon, along with addon-makers for the API, so not Public, not available anywhere else.

That said, he keeps using it as a base for more of his feature and update tests, so it is his content, private, and not meant to be distributed openly, kind of the main reason why i'm reluctant to add it.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

That said, he keeps using it as a base for more of his feature and update tests, so it is his content, private, and not meant to be distributed openly, kind of the main reason why i'm reluctant to add it.

Well, I guess needless to say, please ask to either package his work with credit or for him to post publicly. Hope to see it sometime, but when it's out of your hands, it's out of your hands. 

Also Frackin' Universe's dev is a pansy and LoversLab is weak to bow to them. Modifications built on anothers' work, requiring the other's work in order to function, is the basis of all modding. It's not stealing, like taking someone's work and adding it to your own mod, it's patching another person's mod to have additional content, functions, or compatibility with other work, and that's modding in a nutshell. I don't understand why anyone needs to obey the wishes of another person in this way, especially when Chucklefish, Bethesda, and so on likely dislike the content of the mods on this site and we don't need to grovel to them either, nor would it be good business for them if we did.

• 2 weeks later...

So, progress has been kinda quacked due to personal issues that hampered my will to work on this project, BUT, here's the catch, and a progress update:

Well then, some monsters are already implemented, but not well, and lack a few features, or some only have a couple positions, and i'll be using the extra time i took to compensate and polish some monster's animations. For instance, glob-like monsters (Slimeballs) don't have pregnant/genpreg layers. Plus some of their actor 1 animations are VERY jiggly. I'm currently cleaning the ... ahem... gleaps, and they now have proper images, and some better, more visible things and less vibro-jiggle.

Though, that begs the question: Anyone has any complaint about the current existing animations? Anything they feel i should improve? I'm open to suggestions and requests on this end, and have been looking for feedback. Feedback on new monsters is also welcome.

As for a progress update: Smoglins, Paratails, Adult Poptops and rare variants are being pushed with the next update, and will be supported with every update from now on (Rares and normals will release at the same time).

Will Adult Poptops and Mother Poptops have different animations (Like the Mother is more gentle whereas the Adult is rougher) or will they share the same ones? As for current monsters there's only 2 I have gripes with, the first being Punchy's. They might've just had support as a joke, but I still find it a bit disappointing that they only have 1 position and (At least from what I've seen) can only be male. So if possible it would be great if they could be female and have a couple more positions. The other might just be an issue on my end but the oral position for Snaunts doesn't work right, instead of sucking your dick it just kinda passes by their mouth. That's all the complaints I got so far, good luck with your personal issues!

46 minutes ago, ThatOneAnon said:

Will Adult Poptops and Mother Poptops have different animations (Like the Mother is more gentle whereas the Adult is rougher) or will they share the same ones? As for current monsters there's only 2 I have gripes with, the first being Punchy's. They might've just had support as a joke, but I still find it a bit disappointing that they only have 1 position and (At least from what I've seen) can only be male. So if possible it would be great if they could be female and have a couple more positions. The other might just be an issue on my end but the oral position for Snaunts doesn't work right, instead of sucking your dick it just kinda passes by their mouth. That's all the complaints I got so far, good luck with your personal issues!

So, lemme go through these slowly, point by point;

• Adult Poptops and Mother Poptop aren't fully animated, it was only 1 test position to "proof-of-concept" the support of larger monsters. They will be expanded upon later, when their update comes.
  • Punchy was... well, yeah, a joke. It doesn't really have a gender, it doesn't really have a entry point or phallus... it's just a pillow. If you want me to expand upon it, well, i can, but it's... strange lol-- they aren't so much a creature as they are just a punching bag someone scribbled a face on, probably a Hylotl if i had to pick.
  • The Snaunt issue was known the moment i made it. It can't get close enough to "suck" without shoving it's face through the dick and looking just awful, and i can't make it make sense at all for females. I tried to make it seems more like licking, while trying to keep it aligned for the climax particles, something that's just impossible for some other monsters. This i can definitely re-iterate on, as i gotta admit it's undercooked. Even the fact that Doggy and Missionary share the same images is lazy of me. But i'll get around to improving that soon.

All that said, those are good complaints. Some more unique than the others, but overall completely valid. Gonna note these down for the reworks i am planning.

56 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Punchy was... well, yeah, a joke. It doesn't really have a gender, it doesn't really have a entry point or phallus... it's just a pillow. If you want me to expand upon it, well, i can, but it's... strange lol-- they aren't so much a creature as they are just a punching bag someone scribbled a face on, probably a Hylotl if i had to pick.

Figured it was more a joke, I'm not dying for an update with more Punchy positions but it still stuck out to me. I get that it doesn't have any real way to define gender, but if that was the case why would you pick to make it only male? To me its a lot more believable that a dick can be stuck in it rather than it sticking a dick in you, but I didn't study Sandbag anatomy so I may be wrong and they just have a case of invisi-dick (As I typed this I realized the implication was most likely meant to be that you were rubbing your genitals on it but the animation doesnt make it seem that way).

As for the Hyoltl part I can understand it being more of an inanimate object rather than a living creature, but it still blinks and its face changes expression when hit so it should be more alive than that. I've actually got an idea that might flesh it out a bit more but it reaches into head canon territory. Hylotls seem like the types of people to be weaboos for obvious reasons, so maybe Punchys are created by lonely Hyoltls as their form of body pillows, and then using some form of magic they're brought to life. Going off that logic, it wouldn't be too much a stretch to say that some of those Punchys were made with "other uses" in mind.

But I'll leave it up to you if you wanna expand upon them or not, just thought there was a bit of missing potential with Punchy.

4 minutes ago, ThatOneAnon said:

Figured it was more a joke, I'm not dying for an update with more Punchy positions but it still stuck out to me. I get that it doesn't have any real way to define gender, but if that was the case why would you pick to make it only male? To me its a lot more believable that a dick can be stuck in it rather than it sticking a dick in you, but I didn't study Sandbag anatomy so I may be wrong and they just have a case of invisi-dick (As I typed this I realized the implication was most likely meant to be that you were rubbing your genitals on it but the animation doesnt make it seem that way).

As for the Hyoltl part I can understand it being more of an inanimate object rather than a living creature, but it still blinks and its face changes expression when hit so it should be more alive than that. I've actually got an idea that might flesh it out a bit more but it reaches into head canon territory. Hylotls seem like the types of people to be weaboos for obvious reasons, so maybe Punchys are created by lonely Hyoltls as their form of body pillows, and then using some form of magic they're brought to life. Going off that logic, it wouldn't be too much a stretch to say that some of those Punchys were made with "other uses" in mind.

But I'll leave it up to you if you wanna expand upon them or not, just thought there was a bit of missing potential with Punchy.

Well, it's "male" because the old gender code for monster was non-existant. Monsters were always considered male at first, until that was changed. Any monster without the new code is still only ever "male". Globauras for instance don't technically have genders, but in code are always considered males because of that. This was probably done so they 1) Avoid pregnancy, but 2) can still impregnate. That is, of course, until Sexbound Tweaker gets involved.

And well, considering the Paratails are living explosive balloons that somehow reproduce, i don't see it as a stretch to say Punchies are a bio-engineering project made to look like punching bags by Hylotl and then used for other purposes. Also allows me to use some content i'm cooking up that is shared between those two monsters...

And i'm never against implementing some good suggestions as long as it's not weeks worth of coding or art for 1 feature with a 5-minute life-span. This is what the community asks, you're part of the community after all!

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

• Punchy was... well, yeah, a joke. It doesn't really have a gender, it doesn't really have a entry point or phallus... it's just a pillow. If you want me to expand upon it, well, i can, but it's... strange lol-

I like the pillow idea of it, it's almost nostalgic. Sitting upright cowgirl style is one position, but the most logical is straddling while laying down on it. It is the size of the play sprite, after all, and is how pillow grinding is usually done. Lay down, hold onto it, rock hips to rub the fabric against your groin. As for any position besides those two, nothing comes to mind, and honestly I don't think there needs to be a lot for what is sort of an easter egg inclusion. Maybe just mirror the upright cowgirl position so it's grinding on the "face" of the pillow, that sounds like it'd be fairly easy and provide the facesitting fantasy. Think of it less like a sex partner and more like a masturbation tool. Some people would grind on a pillow's face if it had one. 

6 hours ago, IxFa said:

I like the pillow idea of it, it's almost nostalgic. Sitting upright cowgirl style is one position, but the most logical is straddling while laying down on it. It is the size of the play sprite, after all, and is how pillow grinding is usually done. Lay down, hold onto it, rock hips to rub the fabric against your groin. As for any position besides those two, nothing comes to mind, and honestly I don't think there needs to be a lot for what is sort of an easter egg inclusion. Maybe just mirror the upright cowgirl position so it's grinding on the "face" of the pillow, that sounds like it'd be fairly easy and provide the facesitting fantasy. Think of it less like a sex partner and more like a masturbation tool. Some people would grind on a pillow's face if it had one. 

See, this is a good idea, more akin to what the expected behaviour of a pillow is-- but there are sadly still problems here:

There are no positions that fit that in a comfortable manner. There's no "Laying down hugging partner" position, closest are standing/doggy's humping animations, but again, those are meant for penetration and the genitals don't change appearance. It's hard to pick fitting and interesting animations when you have limits like that. The idea of making the Punchy "fuckable" is more in line with the animations and would make life easier, plus allow for pregnancy and other features that normally would be disabled. So this is the line, the choice:

Is Punchy a pillow, and thus, a idle, inert partner with no biological-intended features such as pregnancy? Or is Punchy a bio-engineered living pillow capable of all those things?

I might make a poll for that if it becomes too heated, but so far, one's the "fitting" idea, the other is the "more convenient" idea.

8 minutes ago, Dark_Day said:

Oh, so there's an update coming soon? (from what I've read, excuse me if I'm wrong) Is there a set time? 

Awesome work by the way. Gleaps made me laugh.

Yep, a update is on the way. As i struggle to bend certain monsters and also future-proof the mod with lots of things.

Gosh darnit why'd it have to be Gleaps

But yeah, no set time, mostly out when i do manage to get all monsters that were supposed to be included, actually in there. Next update is meant to bring support for monsters from the mutated biome.

Hey red3dred, thanks for the mod!

I was wondering...

Is it possible to make animations for creatures from Frackin Universe as well? For example I personally would love to see those novakid horses.

Or even better, retexture those horses to look like normal ones, and see animations for those.

I haven't got a clue how hard that would be, just spitting ideas here.

(also, it appears Smoglin dont properly work? I see a green checkmark on that chart you posted, but hitting them repeatedly with the aphrodite bow does nothing)

Anyways love the mod, ty!

8 minutes ago, geko12344 said:

Hey red3dred, thanks for the mod!

I was wondering...

Is it possible to make animations for creatures from Frackin Universe as well? For example I personally would love to see those novakid horses.

Or even better, retexture those horses to look like normal ones, and see animations for those.

I haven't got a clue how hard that would be, just spitting ideas here.

Anyways love the mod, ty!

Well... i've recently made good advancements to enabling various mob types, but yeah, the problem with those lies less within "Is it possible" and more with "Is Sayter going to set my house on fire if i do". They didn't take nicely to people enabling the sentient species, i presume they won't take nicely to enabling the critters and monsters from there.

That said, some of the content of theirs is, technically, allowed. Like, for instance, all the poptop variants are still poptops, from Starbound. Thus, allowed. But for the other sources, no clue who made and "owns" the horses for instance. If the creator provided it for them, or if it was another mod that was consumed into FU.

But yeah, possible? Sure. A couple layers cause me issues, but overall still doable, as was the Adult Poptops.

6 hours ago, seraph85 said:

Is there anyway to make this work with Defeat?

In the current version of Defeat, not really., it'd require it's own custom script to handle monsters. However i can confirm that functionality is already in the pipes, so eventually it'll be a thing. Gonna need a mod to enable defeat on all enabled monsters but y'know, at least it's a one-off solution. Naturally having defeat integrate itself into all monsters would lead to some weird situations... Mainly when they're unsupported.

6 hours ago, red3dred said:

In the current version of Defeat, not really., it'd require it's own custom script to handle monsters. However i can confirm that functionality is already in the pipes, so eventually it'll be a thing. Gonna need a mod to enable defeat on all enabled monsters but y'know, at least it's a one-off solution. Naturally having defeat integrate itself into all monsters would lead to some weird situations... Mainly when they're unsupported.

I see thanks I'll look forward to it.

2 hours ago, deniedanal said:

oh i see some progress on the creature board could we expect the new update to be this December?  

COULD, yes. Fully, though, maybe mixed.

Monsters are going okay, art-wise, no snags in coding for this, just a lot of other stuff to handle and wave around for now.

Also, a lot of drama relating to Poptops. Some people defend their support because "Why the fuck not" while others claim they are children and are calling others pedophiles. While i can understand they may not be adults, people really like stretching it and humanizing them. While i don't mind releasing the support myself, i am not feeling like handling the drama or the flame-war that's going to result from it, so i'm a bit torn on whether to release it in the next update or not.

On the other hand, Smoglin's looking good, just need some touches and it'll be good to go, while some of the other monsters have been hammering me with how to utilize them. Particularly the submissive part of the Scandroid. I am going to go insane when i start on the Scaverans so... no problem.

I'd just release the poptops, personally. As you said, they're heavily humanizing them. Someone's going to be upset either way, and catering to the more censor happy crowd in such a scenario rarely does a project any good.

Ideas for the scandroid submissive could be holding it either by the base of the legs, or its chassis with the legs retracted, with either a pocket pussy or dildo from an underside slot exposed. Might take a little finagling to make the animation look right regardless of player gender, unless you've since found a way to separate available actions based on which the player is.

For the scaveran, possibly a unique anim could be flipping it onto its back and using the bisected lower beak as handle bars to at its throat. There's enough ambiguity and space there to also easily excuse females tribbing against whatever mouth parts may come jutting out.

11 hours ago, red3dred said:

COULD, yes. Fully, though, maybe mixed.

Monsters are going okay, art-wise, no snags in coding for this, just a lot of other stuff to handle and wave around for now.

Also, a lot of drama relating to Poptops. Some people defend their support because "Why the fuck not" while others claim they are children and are calling others pedophiles. While i can understand they may not be adults, people really like stretching it and humanizing them. While i don't mind releasing the support myself, i am not feeling like handling the drama or the flame-war that's going to result from it, so i'm a bit torn on whether to release it in the next update or not.

On the other hand, Smoglin's looking good, just need some touches and it'll be good to go, while some of the other monsters have been hammering me with how to utilize them. Particularly the submissive part of the Scandroid. I am going to go insane when i start on the Scaverans so... no problem.

im not sure if you have already chosen on what poses to do for the scaverans, or the difficulty animating in different positions.  but ill do some dot points for you. (sorry in advance if the dot points are to long.)

• submissive scaveran: they could lay on there back and be presenting with there "features" or be heads down ass up type deal. and with the player laying on there back the bird will be bouncing up and down. but that is an obvious one that will be the first to come to mind.

• dominant scaveran: when the player is on all fours the bird will latch its claws on the ass and do some back and forth or up and down. and for the blow job it could be flying to match the height of the player.

• i really don't get it about the whole pop trop type deal its a mob and a animal there are different periods of maturity for different mammals. etc anyway there not gonna do anything so i wouldn't pay them any mind.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here. I put the .pak in my /mods folder, so I think it's installed correctly (I'm completely new to modding Starbound). I'll shoot one of the supported monsters with my Aphrodite's Bow, and it will create a puff of smoke on impact, and then nothing happens. The monster keeps running around trying to attack me. There's no errors or warnings of any sort in my log file that I can tell. The version of Sexbound I'm using is 2.13.0, so it should be compatible. Just to make sure that Sexbound and the bow themselves were working I shot a few humanoids and the normal animations began. Not sure what I'm missing.

(I installed the Sexbound Tweaker mod, Sexbound Futa for 2.13.pak, without issue. That's why I don't really get what's happening here.)

1 hour ago, Smut64 said:

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here. I put the .pak in my /mods folder, so I think it's installed correctly (I'm completely new to modding Starbound). I'll shoot one of the supported monsters with my Aphrodite's Bow, and it will create a puff of smoke on impact, and then nothing happens. The monster keeps running around trying to attack me. There's no errors or warnings of any sort in my log file that I can tell. The version of Sexbound I'm using is 2.13.0, so it should be compatible. Just to make sure that Sexbound and the bow themselves were working I shot a few humanoids and the normal animations began. Not sure what I'm missing.

(I installed the Sexbound Tweaker mod, Sexbound Futa for 2.13.pak, without issue. That's why I don't really get what's happening here.)

That is particularly odd; Would you mind providing the Starbound.log file from the storage folder? Or, starbound, as a text file, from there. It should provide all information possible to ascertain what's going on. Though, i think there maybe a incompatibility.

32 minutes ago, red3dred said:

That is particularly odd; Would you mind providing the Starbound.log file from the storage folder? Or, starbound, as a text file, from there. It should provide all information possible to ascertain what's going on. Though, i think there maybe a incompatibility.

Yeah sure. I don't see anything immediately obvious but like I said, I'm pretty new to this. I had Sexbound Defeat at one point but was afraid it would conflict with this mod so I disabled it.

starbound.log

2 hours ago, Smut64 said:

Yeah sure. I don't see anything immediately obvious but like I said, I'm pretty new to this. I had Sexbound Defeat at one point but was afraid it would conflict with this mod so I disabled it.

Huh, oddly, indeed no errors, no other mods, no nothin'.

If i may ask, what monsters did you try shooting with the bow?

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

Huh, oddly, indeed no errors, no other mods, no nothin'.

If i may ask, what monsters did you try shooting with the bow?

I did some testing and it did actually work with a couple, namely Gleaps, Snaunts, and Nutmidges/Nutmidgelings.  However Adult Poptops, Mother Poptops, Paratails, and Smoglins had no effect. I'm just going off of what has a green check mark in your first post. Is it possible that these monsters haven't been added yet?