relayer.png.5ae0e010ff5178238b9de2ba4114cf5a.png        Sexbound Relayer:

• Sexbound Relayer, Relayerer, or Layer Reorganizer is a simple mod that aims to improve the depth of Sexbound animations by reorganizing the animation layers.

Sexbound Relayer is aiming to reorganize the animation layers during Sexbound animations to permit better use of layers, to allow for better distribution of layers during animation, permitting the images of the two characters to "intermingle" and also permitting new tricks for animation, such as for example, semi-transparent characters/ translucent penetration, or the wrapping of one character around the other. For reference, a few images are attached in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Oculob Example:

OculobTest1.gif.2df591f0a32ba465a8178ecbb5afeb46.gif

Slime creature, allows the other actor to be visible through them.

Trick used: Oculob's Body is transparent (65% opacity) and the back-arm layer has a fully opaque body texture.

Lamia Support:
LamiaTest1.gif.d3d0f25c91d89cbdf031787967358e89.gif

Lamia character coils around partner.

Trick used: The snake's length is distributed among the several animation layers (arm front, body, arm back)

Also attached, is a reference of the layers, and their new depth;

Spoiler

image.png.5b4b30145937a862497925fa881d6c7d.png

Left side: z-layer of the animation part.
Left column: Actor 1's parts.

Middle column: Actor 2's parts.

Right column: Actor 3's parts.

Parts whose' Z-layer is lower will be displayed under other parts above it.
Actor 1 is normally, behind actor 2, which is behind actor 3, etc, but changes per position.

Download:

Spoiler

Compatibility:

This mod is a patch, thus, it shouldn't normally conflict with other mods or cause issues with animations.
This mod, is however, not fully tested, and some layers maybe misaligned.
Please report any such issues and feel free to suggest other changes that you think may help with the animation's depth!

I would like to finish off, thanking the community, for still keeping the API going strong, i still get messages of people wanting into the Sexbound official modding Discord, and i see new content left and right, new names, and the best part, people are enjoying themselves. Thank you all for supporting not just me, but this game, and the Sexbound API. Merry modding!

Reserving the second post for a quick QA;

Why is this mod available like this, and not as a file in the LoversLabs file system?

• I've tried uploading the file to their website's file system around 4~5 times, wrote the topic several times, uploaded all the files, aaaaaand... time out. Nope, failed several times, deleted all my text i had written, removed all my uploads, and just vanished! I got tired of trying and rewriting the same stuff over and over, and decided "Screw it, i'll have to upload it this way". I'm sorry if this inconveniences some users, but it's the only way i've managed to upload the file and write a topic, since i've tried uploading it several times, with weeks in-between attempts.
Edited by red3dred
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Grimmsonproject said:

could be my own fault but lamia plus relayer do not work without eachother but relayer kills the game on boot unless I'm doing it wrong

edit: i was wrong it was the gardivan mod killing it entierly

... wh... Gardevan Plus Relayer is crashing the game!? How the heck is this mod incompatible with that!?

I need more coffee and i'll take a look at that...

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, gofding said:

i got this error when i put this mod in , idk what to do . _ .

Looking at the error, it's definitely not this mod. Relayer does not change the title-screen/character creator.

Spoiler
[22:26:42.112] [Error] Fatal Error: Access violation detected at 0168A153 (Read of address 000000D2)
[0] 1060f4a Star::captureStack
[1] 1061182 Star::fatalError
[2] 105cb02 Star::SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline
[3] 16d3191 Star::CharCreationPane::changed
[4] 16d4787 Star::CharCreationPane::randomize
[5] 16d1484 Star::CharCreationPane::CharCreationPane
[6] 1746e5d std::make_shared<Star::CharCreationPane,<lambda_58a401e4b4f05a23844eb5aac50a458e> >
[7] 1749dd3 Star::TitleScreen::initCharCreationMenu
[8] 1747824 Star::TitleScreen::TitleScreen
[9] faf64e std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::TitleScreen>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::TitleScreen><std::shared_ptr<Star::PlayerStorage> &,std::shared_ptr<Star::Mixer> >
[10] fb3fda std::make_shared<Star::TitleScreen,std::shared_ptr<Star::PlayerStorage> &,std::shared_ptr<Star::Mixer> >
[11] fbfed9 Star::ClientApplication::changeState
[12] fc7590 Star::ClientApplication::update
[13] 1648ee5 Star::SdlPlatform::run
[14] 1649126 Star::runMainApplication
[15] fca5bf WinMain
[16] 1775df9 __scrt_common_main_seh
[17] 75c5fa29 BaseThreadInitThunk
[18] 773f7a7e RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[19] 773f7a4e RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

However, i do see a large race mod that does not seem to be installed correctly.

Spoiler

[Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\mods\The Shoggoth Race Mod & Friends'

This means the mod is not being loaded properly, and maybe the cause of the problem. Do make sure that the _metadata file is visible when opening the mod's folder, when using the folder method, otherwise the game will break. For example, this is how the same mod is installed in my testing branch;

Spoiler

image.png.ebf66de1c0d7c083ffe66a2228f488c7.png

image.png.b65f1d23d7e10a3c8d576b8951530d05.png

23 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Looking at the error, it's definitely not this mod. Relayer does not change the title-screen/character creator.

Reveal hidden contents
[22:26:42.112] [Error] Fatal Error: Access violation detected at 0168A153 (Read of address 000000D2)
[0] 1060f4a Star::captureStack
[1] 1061182 Star::fatalError
[2] 105cb02 Star::SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline
[3] 16d3191 Star::CharCreationPane::changed
[4] 16d4787 Star::CharCreationPane::randomize
[5] 16d1484 Star::CharCreationPane::CharCreationPane
[6] 1746e5d std::make_shared<Star::CharCreationPane,<lambda_58a401e4b4f05a23844eb5aac50a458e> >
[7] 1749dd3 Star::TitleScreen::initCharCreationMenu
[8] 1747824 Star::TitleScreen::TitleScreen
[9] faf64e std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::TitleScreen>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::TitleScreen><std::shared_ptr<Star::PlayerStorage> &,std::shared_ptr<Star::Mixer> >
[10] fb3fda std::make_shared<Star::TitleScreen,std::shared_ptr<Star::PlayerStorage> &,std::shared_ptr<Star::Mixer> >
[11] fbfed9 Star::ClientApplication::changeState
[12] fc7590 Star::ClientApplication::update
[13] 1648ee5 Star::SdlPlatform::run
[14] 1649126 Star::runMainApplication
[15] fca5bf WinMain
[16] 1775df9 __scrt_common_main_seh
[17] 75c5fa29 BaseThreadInitThunk
[18] 773f7a7e RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[19] 773f7a4e RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

However, i do see a large race mod that does not seem to be installed correctly.

Hide contents

[Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\mods\The Shoggoth Race Mod & Friends'

This means the mod is not being loaded properly, and maybe the cause of the problem. Do make sure that the _metadata file is visible when opening the mod's folder, when using the folder method, otherwise the game will break. For example, this is how the same mod is installed in my testing branch;

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ebf66de1c0d7c083ffe66a2228f488c7.png

image.png.b65f1d23d7e10a3c8d576b8951530d05.png

i cant find which mod cost that error :v , do u know which one ? 

8 minutes ago, gofding said:

i cant find which mod cost that error :v , do u know which one ? 

... Yeah the Shoggoth Race Mod, i thought the above would be clear but i'll reiterate:

It's not installed correctly, do fix that and see if the problem persists.

Edited by red3dred

Looks like you did not install a race menu extender mod.  When the game is loaded, it will choose a playable race at random for the character creation screen, even if you never go into it for that session.  Without any extender mod, there is a ((n-7)/n)% chance (where n = the number of loaded playable races) that the race selected does not have a slot available for it to be displayed, and this causes that particular CharCreationPane  crash.  Now to see if submitting the reply results in the post being duplicated again...

edit: grammar

Edited by Raza_Tau
56 minutes ago, Raza_Tau said:

Looks like you did not install a race menu extender mod.  When the game is loaded, it will choose a playable race at random for the character creation screen, even if you never go into it for that session.  Without any extender mod, there is a ((n-7)/n)% chance (where n = the number of loaded playable races) that the race selected does will have a slot available for it to be displayed, and this causes that particular CharCreationPane  crash.  Now to see if submitting the reply results in the post being duplicated again...

That's very good information to know, didn't realize the game would literally crash without a race extender installed!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DillUF said:

Would it be possible for this to be uploaded in 7z?

Yes, albeit i'd recommend not trying to poke around in the relayer, it is merely a ton of patches to the animation file. Not kidding, this mod only has 3 files inside of it, two patching into the animations, and it's required _metadata.

image.png.f35bf588a4f25417b29c9df6fbe6533b.png

If you really want to know what is in those files, i could provide the ZIP i guess. Can't provide a 7z because i don't have 7-zip. And i really, really hope you don't want a zip because you're trying to unpack a PAK file. Because that's not how you use PAK files...

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Xayrlen said:

Is this compatible with Mollopod edit? Since they are a slug-people with long bodies, could it be possible to apply the same change as you did to Lamias?

Would require remaking the support, but in essence, yes. Spreading their length through the layers to allow them to wrap their partners is completely plausible.

• 3 months later...

I'm writing through time, I have a problem. I downloaded a full package of sex mods for my favorite game, also putting this patch on layers in order to enjoy cute evil creatures. But they disappear! During the animation, they are simply not there, and my hero is enjoying the air. As such, I have few mods from steam and those for translating and improving the game. Are you sure this patch doesn't conflict with any others? Maybe I installed it wrong somehow? Need consistency?

3 hours ago, Porox said:

I'm writing through time, I have a problem. I downloaded a full package of sex mods for my favorite game, also putting this patch on layers in order to enjoy cute evil creatures. But they disappear! During the animation, they are simply not there, and my hero is enjoying the air. As such, I have few mods from steam and those for translating and improving the game. Are you sure this patch doesn't conflict with any others? Maybe I installed it wrong somehow? Need consistency?

Despite the poor translation from likely Google, i grasp someone is having Sexbound issues and blaming mods at random! Classic, really.

This patch consists entirely of two patches, and that's it. If installed incorrectly, it likely just wouldn't do anything. If you can see your character in the animation, then this mod is likely working perfectly fine.

As usual though, a report and a finger pointed don't help much when we only know 1% of the story. To properly ask for help, and even more so in this unrelated mod, please provide a log.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

• 5 months later...

hey there, it seems that my mods arent working properly, and i dont know what might be the problem. basically the spray for the lamia body is replace whit a human one when starting the sex scene, could you have any idea of what could cause this problem and if so could you tell me what it is ?

image.jpeg.1923fe972405a7c0b4bb832359e7fca0.jpeg

image.jpeg.d315cd7a581ea1ed5150ecafe4b61e31.jpeg

11 minutes ago, E0TSU said:

hey there, it seems that my mods arent working properly, and i dont know what might be the problem. basically the spray for the lamia body is replace whit a human one when starting the sex scene, could you have any idea of what could cause this problem and if so could you tell me what it is ?

I know this mod is a requirement for the Lamia support, but this mod does not include the Lamia support.
If you do not have the Lamia support, then i can't really help you there, races default to human.

For better support, i also need a log file provided by your game, and it tells me everything i need to know to help.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

I would prefer if you've sent the log file in the Lamia Support Thread, and i can provide proper help.

1 hour ago, HeyItsNoah said:

yo, quick question: this would not affect sxb reborn, right?

I do believe it does, yes. Same animation file, same series of values altered. Last i remember i asked Erina the same!

image.png.8c15bdc104f9255b8d30f3827c9b3305.png

Was a while back, but i haven't heard anything of that yet, otherwise i'd have to fix/update Lamia to not need it anymore. But anyhow, should be needed/affect Reborn still.