[mod] Teratophilia

So I've been playing around with this mod and I absolutely love it but I've run into a weird situation.

The mod mentions you being able to birth friendly monsters?  I'm not sure if its just because of my Avali's powerful heritage and latently dominant genetics, but I only seem to pop out other avali with this mod installed.  Is it perhaps due to an incompatibility with the race addon that lets sexbound users use it with the avali?

Nevertheless I love this mod :)

5 hours ago, welp . . . said:

Does this mod have female monsters? the ones i encountered always a male (i think?)

Yes, it quite does. Most if not all monsters have both genders enabled. Whether they can get pregnant/be impregnated though, depends on biology.

7 hours ago, Frost_127 said:

Some of them besides the mother poptop are a lot more ambiguous.  The only real way to tell is if it has a peen or not. 

Welp, met Poptop with his pp today

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yes, it quite does. Most if not all monsters have both genders enabled. Whether they can get pregnant/be impregnated though, depends on biology.

Hmm, maybe they're quite rare? My NRG is weird though

1 hour ago, welp . . . said:

Welp, met Poptop with his pp today

Hmm, maybe they're quite rare? My NRG is weird though

If you're using a really old version, they didn't have genders enabled, so monsters were always male, but otherwise, dunno what to tell you. Logs or info would help.

46 minutes ago, welp . . . said:

found one, turns out, it's my really weird RNG . . . Thanks fur your help, i guess

Don't worry, RNG is a hecc. Took me 20 tries once to get a female of a certain monster. But then again if you have a pet, you can always just put them in a healing station, and their gender re-rolls.

monster fuckers? in my starbound?

excellent

i fear the day when oogler, anglure, and orbide are added

and more worryingly: po and po golem

it'll be exciting to see what you do with the erchius ghost

robotic monsters are going to have preg sprites too, right? (inbefore "but they are robots": so are the glitch and they have them. logic does not apply much here)

and i also suppose this could easily be expanded to encompass ship pets/ farm beasts

1 hour ago, meteo1337 said:

monster fuckers? in my starbound?

excellent

i fear the day when oogler, anglure, and orbide are added

and more worryingly: po and po golem

it'll be exciting to see what you do with the erchius ghost

robotic monsters are going to have preg sprites too, right? (inbefore "but they are robots": so are the glitch and they have them. logic does not apply much here)

and i also suppose this could easily be expanded to encompass ship pets/ farm beasts

Of note; Yeah, i don't see why not making the robot monsters have preg if people prefer. I just wouldn't make them if i absolutely couldn't get it to look good.

On another note though, as much as the Erchius Ghost is both possible and the most insane joke ever, ship pets are no joke. They really refuse to work. Farm animals though, are fine.

Orbide, all things considered is pretty humanoid and easy, Oogler is just weird (But then again, Scaveran is next), and well, Anglure... i'll have to get creative.

And please don't remind me of Po and Po Golems...

On 12/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, Frost_127 said:

So I've been playing around with this mod and I absolutely love it but I've run into a weird situation.

The mod mentions you being able to birth friendly monsters?  I'm not sure if its just because of my Avali's powerful heritage and latently dominant genetics, but I only seem to pop out other avali with this mod installed.  Is it perhaps due to an incompatibility with the race addon that lets sexbound users use it with the avali?

Nevertheless I love this mod :)

Missed this in the past! Sorry about that! And yeah, the whole mechanics for that are behind Sexbound Tweaker. Still trying to solve some issues relating to monsters giving birth in general, something that seems to not work well with monsters, and their alignment issues (Friendly - Hostile).

3 hours ago, SlicedBread said:

Finally picked up a copy of starbound. This mod definitely livens up the combat when paired with Sexbound Defeat. Keep up the good work!

The Monsters themselves i think may work to be defeated by... but i'm not sure about all monsters interacting with the Defeat mod same way the Poptops do. If users want, i can add a new patch mod to enable defeat on all monsters that are supported.

i don't know if i should put this here or on sxb-defeat

but

mama poptop won't initiate sex

and two of the poptops behaved like npcs (turned into sex nodes instead of dying) which then froze the game when i interacted with it

[18:05:23.355] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:153: attempt to call a nil value (method 'initPlugins')
[18:05:23.389] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:225: attempt to concatenate a table value

only errors at the end of the log

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

The Monsters themselves i think may work to be defeated by... but i'm not sure about all monsters interacting with the Defeat mod same way the Poptops do. If users want, i can add a new patch mod to enable defeat on all monsters that are supported.

As luck would have it, I think the Poptops are the only edited monsters I've encountered so far. I figured they were all working that way, but yeah I think it's a pretty successful mod combo. If other folks think the same, a patch would be great.

Is there a reason the Poptops work differently atm? Just curious.

12 hours ago, SlicedBread said:

As luck would have it, I think the Poptops are the only edited monsters I've encountered so far. I figured they were all working that way, but yeah I think it's a pretty successful mod combo. If other folks think the same, a patch would be great.

Is there a reason the Poptops work differently atm? Just curious.

They were included in Defeat by default a long time ago, because they were the creature used for testing and as example for monster supports. Basically, they were the test subject monster for those mechanics.

And yeah, i can patch them all to include defeat quite easily, but it's a side mod, a patch, so it's optional. I just believe it would get annoying when you kill hundreds of monsters per session, having to wait for them to actually die might be very frustrating.

14 hours ago, meteo1337 said:

i don't know if i should put this here or on sxb-defeat

but

mama poptop won't initiate sex

and two of the poptops behaved like npcs (turned into sex nodes instead of dying) which then froze the game when i interacted with it

[18:05:23.355] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:153: attempt to call a nil value (method 'initPlugins')
[18:05:23.389] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:225: attempt to concatenate a table value

only errors at the end of the log

Now that's a new one. I didn't even add Defeat support to them! Anyhow, in theory, all of that should work. If you don't post the full log i can't post my full insight.

All that said, yeah, making defeat work with Terato is a double-edge sword. Defeat is very unstable and unreliable at times, so mixing the two means a large opening for bugs to arise. While shooting monsters with the bow has so far proven flawless (Other than the fact you require space to place the node).

They were included in Defeat by default a long time ago, because they were the creature used for testing and as example for monster supports. Basically, they were the test subject monster for those mechanics.

And yeah, i can patch them all to include defeat quite easily, but it's a side mod, a patch, so it's optional. I just believe it would get annoying when you kill hundreds of monsters per session, having to wait for them to actually die might be very frustrating.

Makes sense. Good point, though. It would be annoying waiting on the death timer for every monster kill.

Feels like Defeat needs a few more tweak options to allow player-defined rules for when the defeat protocol triggers (thinking SexLab Defeat level of options). It's a tricky type of mod to release as one-size-fits-all.

Either way, I'd be happy with whatever compatibility you can muster on this end.

44 minutes ago, SlicedBread said:

Makes sense. Good point, though. It would be annoying waiting on the death timer for every monster kill.

Feels like Defeat needs a few more tweak options to allow player-defined rules for when the defeat protocol triggers (thinking SexLab Defeat level of options). It's a tricky type of mod to release as one-size-fits-all.

Either way, I'd be happy with whatever compatibility you can muster on this end.

Well, it's in. It's a simple edit to get done, but yeah. We'll see how this goes!

Sexbound Terato-defeat is now available for Teratophilia v0.1.6!

I think im having defeat support issues, I've been through all my mods playing one by one and the defeat thing isn't allowing me to beam down and or move around, all npcs are gone not loading the world
Also if defeat ideas are on the table maybe certain monsters like mama/papa poptop and certain more boss like monsters can be defeated and more super common ones like the slime and nutmeg can defeat you

but yeah problems and heres a log

.log is the one it did this problem
.log.1 is the most recent one I played with no problems

i forgot to add this but yes ive tried this by itself

starbound.log starbound.log.1

21 hours ago, spaccamount said:

I think im having defeat support issues, I've been through all my mods playing one by one and the defeat thing isn't allowing me to beam down and or move around, all npcs are gone not loading the world
Also if defeat ideas are on the table maybe certain monsters like mama/papa poptop and certain more boss like monsters can be defeated and more super common ones like the slime and nutmeg can defeat you

but yeah problems and heres a log

.log is the one it did this problem
.log.1 is the most recent one I played with no problems

i forgot to add this but yes ive tried this by itself

So, <Log> has several outdated mods that don't work with V3; Auto-Dildos for instance, i believe is outdated, and NaturallyHorny most definitely is outdated.

<Log> also has mentions of defeat being installed incorrectly? It says it can't find monster_primary.lua, the Defeat script.

Monsters fail to patch, thus they fail to spawn, thus planet just goes kaput.

[07:50:55.124] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua, (AssetException) No such asset '/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua'
[07:50:55.753] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (WorldStorageException) WorldStorage generation failed while generating from queue
Caused by: (AssetException) Error loading asset /stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua

<Log 1> has no mention of defeat issues however. I assume defeat works fine for NPC's for you? Only errors i see are the ones from Draconis unfinished/unpatched items.

So, <Log> has several outdated mods that don't work with V3; Auto-Dildos for instance, i believe is outdated, and NaturallyHorny most definitely is outdated.

<Log> also has mentions of defeat being installed incorrectly? It says it can't find monster_primary.lua, the Defeat script.

Monsters fail to patch, thus they fail to spawn, thus planet just goes kaput.

[07:50:55.124] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua, (AssetException) No such asset '/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua'
[07:50:55.753] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (WorldStorageException) WorldStorage generation failed while generating from queue
Caused by: (AssetException) Error loading asset /stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua

<Log 1> has no mention of defeat issues however. I assume defeat works fine for NPC's for you? Only errors i see are the ones from Draconis unfinished/unpatched items.

I redownloaded teratophilia and its defeat, sexbound 3.4.0 and its defeat, throwing hearts I removed naturally horny 

I don't know how defeat is installed incorrectly I just downloaded it from here and it comes in as a pak file no zip to extract from otherwise id delete, download and extract and delete the zip
yeah the draconis stuff wasn't giving me noticeable problems but it's probably a steam workshop problem, it might've been the compatibility mod for draconis that kept complaining about pants but

I still go invisible when killed and what I kill goes invisible interaction is also invisible
im going to delete auto dildos and test it again and try it with dragonis compatibility mod again 

Edit: doing that last part got it to work also I did something where I was fucking let another monster kill me and it beamed me to ship while I was still fucking and when I teleported the ship wasn't there and I was just floating

heres the log if you're interested starbound(1).log

starbound.log

4 hours ago, spaccamount said:

I redownloaded teratophilia and its defeat, sexbound 3.4.0 and its defeat, throwing hearts I removed naturally horny 

I don't know how defeat is installed incorrectly I just downloaded it from here and it comes in as a pak file no zip to extract from otherwise id delete, download and extract and delete the zip
yeah the draconis stuff wasn't giving me noticeable problems but it's probably a steam workshop problem, it might've been the compatibility mod for draconis that kept complaining about pants but

I still go invisible when killed and what I kill goes invisible interaction is also invisible
im going to delete auto dildos and test it again and try it with dragonis compatibility mod again 

Edit: doing that last part got it to work also I did something where I was fucking let another monster kill me and it beamed me to ship while I was still fucking and when I teleported the ship wasn't there and I was just floating

heres the log if you're interested starbound(1).log

starbound.log 61.44 kB · 0 downloads

So, yeah, <Log> mentions errors relating to subGender (v3's futa update), so yeah, autodildos broke that. Makes sense.

<Log (1)> says... nothing...? It just says here, basically, you beamed up and down a few times, fucked a gleap, but nothing else relating to errors or breaking... Are you SURE that the beaming up was a issue with the mod breaking? Because nothing is listed here. Or maybe you just died, as the defeat timer ran out? Anyhow, nothing particular broken that i can find here. Though, your ship breaking is outside of my knowledge. Also no errors about that.

So, yeah, <Log> mentions errors relating to subGender (v3's futa update), so yeah, autodildos broke that. Makes sense.

<Log (1)> says... nothing...? It just says here, basically, you beamed up and down a few times, fucked a gleap, but nothing else relating to errors or breaking... Are you SURE that the beaming up was a issue with the mod breaking? Because nothing is listed here. Or maybe you just died, as the defeat timer ran out? Anyhow, nothing particular broken that i can find here. Though, your ship breaking is outside of my knowledge. Also no errors about that.

well I can seem do it consistently so... fuck a thing get attacked by another die while fucking I don't think the defeat ran out cause I was still doing it as I got beamed away.
anyway thanks for the help and do you know anything about the defeat making you invincible, is there a way to remove being invincible or should I be in the sexbound defeat forum instead for that question

20 minutes ago, spaccamount said:

well I can seem do it consistently so... fuck a thing get attacked by another die while fucking I don't think the defeat ran out cause I was still doing it as I got beamed away.
anyway thanks for the help and do you know anything about the defeat making you invincible, is there a way to remove being invincible or should I be in the sexbound defeat forum instead for that question

Hmm, odd. But yeah, you can't "remove" being invincible, it's required to make you able to see what's going on after you are defeated, otherwise you'd die, be sent to your ship and thus despawn the monster and not really be defeated. You can disable the player-defeat side of the mod easily by removing the patch in the mod's root folder (Defeat/player.config.patch i believe), and that will make it so you don't go invincible and just die instead.

And yeah, feel free to post over in the defeat thread... i watch over both, but putting it somewhere so Loc can see would help.