[mod] Teratophilia

1 hour ago, iamnotok said:

Helloo, I'm being an idiot and can't actually figure out how to interact with the monsters once I captured them. I can max out their arousal, but that doesn't seem to do anything

Aphrodite's Bow, Lewd guns, Lovely Whips ETC; Basically anything that turns normal NPC's into sex-nodes works on supported monsters.

So I decided to experiment with stuff a little. Seeing if POV can work for this too, and just a test of one pose for crutter.

Maybe I got too amused that pov works for monsters, sad there seems to not be much info about how to work with it.. (I am mostly curious if it is possible to disable partner hands, since the monster shapes kinda dont fit into usual butt/hips shapes)

(Might just go with giving Avali some pov instead for now)

Edited by TemtemLover
1 hour ago, TemtemLover said:

So I decided to experiment with stuff a little. Seeing if POV can work for this too, and just a test of one pose for crutter.

Maybe I got too amused that pov works for monsters, sad there seems to not be much info about how to work with it.. (I am mostly curious if it is possible to disable partner hands, since the monster shapes kinda dont fit into usual butt/hips shapes)

(Might just go with giving Avali some pov instead for now)

Wow, you've actually made some sprites for that, i'm impressed someome made Monster PoV! I've been meaning to try my hand at it, but i have a custom PoV code and i'm struggling to port it, so that's beached for a while ?

Though, nice work with the sprites! The PoV for the poptop looks a bit veiny, given how smooth everything usually looks, but interestingly, you've made the skirt and body shape work.

And yeah, the PoV code currently in Sexbound seems to not care what it is. All PoV folders are mashed together. Will be real troublesome when a monster/object/humanoid shares a name with another monster/object/humanoid.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Wow, you've actually made some sprites for that, i'm impressed someome made Monster PoV! I've been meaning to try my hand at it, but i have a custom PoV code and i'm struggling to port it, so that's beached for a while ?

Though, nice work with the sprites! The PoV for the poptop looks a bit veiny, given how smooth everything usually looks, but interestingly, you've made the skirt and body shape work.

And yeah, the PoV code currently in Sexbound seems to not care what it is. All PoV folders are mashed together. Will be real troublesome when a monster/object/humanoid shares a name with another monster/object/humanoid.

Thanks! And yeah I'm not too good at this, but I figured this is an interesting way to study and practice some animating. But considering that was first attempt at pixel stuff, while using software I never used before, I think it's okay. Though if I was to remake it, is would prolly be a bit more polished. 

In case I continue and get somewhere, I'll just release a pack of experimental povs.

Honestly with monsters, who don't suffer from having to be assembled from pieces much, one could try a bit more interesting angles (alike princess conquest), where pc just turns into a ghost to decrease complexity, but that would require either patching existing pose or... Hm i dunno actually. I'm novice at Starbound modding shenanigans so I'll chill down now with my thoughts xD

Having a way to turn off partner pieces would be handy, I'll poke around pov.lua

1 hour ago, TemtemLover said:

Thanks! And yeah I'm not too good at this, but I figured this is an interesting way to study and practice some animating. But considering that was first attempt at pixel stuff, while using software I never used before, I think it's okay. Though if I was to remake it, is would prolly be a bit more polished. 

In case I continue and get somewhere, I'll just release a pack of experimental povs.

Honestly with monsters, who don't suffer from having to be assembled from pieces much, one could try a bit more interesting angles (alike princess conquest), where pc just turns into a ghost to decrease complexity, but that would require either patching existing pose or... Hm i dunno actually. I'm novice at Starbound modding shenanigans so I'll chill down now with my thoughts xD

Having a way to turn off partner pieces would be handy, I'll poke around pov.lua

Yep, definitely would be neat to turn off the dominant actor, perhaps just set their Alpha value really low, plus, while the hands, as you described, were a neat idea, i find they're more in the way than anything. Because you don't have arms or legs in normal PoV, why just floating hands? Not like we can control them, if there was a button for spanking for instance, it'd be neat to have the floaty hands show up, otherwise they just get in the way and require alignment with monsters and even other species.

And if you have good luck enabling changes in the pov.lua, i'd like to request you take a look at the code i've been working and see if you can port that over to a latest version! My changes to PoV add more image layers and i would be really thankful to see them in the latest version, plus would allow other users to check in on what i've been doing.

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yep, definitely would be neat to turn off the dominant actor, perhaps just set their Alpha value really low, plus, while the hands, as you described, were a neat idea, i find they're more in the way than anything. Because you don't have arms or legs in normal PoV, why just floating hands? Not like we can control them, if there was a button for spanking for instance, it'd be neat to have the floaty hands show up, otherwise they just get in the way and require alignment with monsters and even other species.

And if you have good luck enabling changes in the pov.lua, i'd like to request you take a look at the code i've been working and see if you can port that over to a latest version! My changes to PoV add more image layers and i would be really thankful to see them in the latest version, plus would allow other users to check in on what i've been doing.

Haha, I mean not like I have any authority xD

Unless you mean latest version of my hypothetical pack, hehe.

More image layers does sound interesting though (currently actor 2 only has one layer, therefore no way to override the pose with a fully drawn scene, because hands!!)

But either way, I can try?

2 hours ago, TemtemLover said:

Haha, I mean not like I have any authority xD

Unless you mean latest version of my hypothetical pack, hehe.

More image layers does sound interesting though (currently actor 2 only has one layer, therefore no way to override the pose with a fully drawn scene, because hands!!)

But either way, I can try?

Meant more so the "Latest version of Sexbound" but that could work too. The code isn't great because it requires several changes to work, but adds in pregnancy, sub-gender and more layer support.

I'll DM you the changes and hopefully you can see if they can be ported.

currently actor 2 only has one layer, therefore no way to override the pose with a fully drawn scene, because hands!!

I retract that statement, given there's literally an overlay layer. Just some modders didnt seem to include it in folder by default.

14 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Meant more so the "Latest version of Sexbound"

Ahh. I got confused there for a moment. Sorry, I guess there were some changes that broke stuff, right.

Let's see.

Alright, I was poking and experimenting a bit more (just a weekend thing I guess)

Here's the custom scene pov scene idea (MALE):

(please ignore any debug artifacts on these clips, this is barely working as I am playing with the things xD)

Female: 

Some thoughts about it: Oops, I misjudged the smallness of the pov in-game, therefore the most interesting bits are not very in the focus. Something to keep in mind for next time.

Also proportions are not very vanilla, but even fan arts gave it long leggies so whatever xD

Currently this didn't modify any script, and only used actor2 overlay. This means that if actor 1 is female, the boops pop on top. Some pov.lua configuring is needed still to fix this. (at least to add optional top rendered in case actor 2 has scene (I kinda think that a personality given scene is better than a defaultly generated animation, though that's up to debate and probably best to keep it optional))

Oh that also means that I had to fill in the background to hide default povs. Making it transparent would fit nicer? Maybe? We'll see.

(Also, Asesprite, cmon, why you can't export stuff with transparency... the ghost was supposed to be opaque..)

Spoiler

hZOg0LK.png.b9aa88b2f41c14797c68bad7281bbc1a.png

or is it my derp? who knows

Also! Looking at default_frames in the pov, the climax does exist. I'll poke to see if I can add a climax to the scene, to make it more.. finished?

Here are some monster x monster shenanigans that happened when I was screwing around

It actually works.. rather decently? When it does that is.

This also gives me an idea for some way (an item?) to command your pet to become actor in a node for example. Allowing shenanigans of any kind, hah.

Edited by TemtemLover
49 minutes ago, Domino122361 said:

There is a glitch were the monsters are now invincible, please help I cant kill them and they stopped taking damage

Considering that you've also posted that Fuchsia doesn't work, then it sounds like something broke instead of one mod not working properly. Do drop me the log as explained below.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Other than that, there's not much i can add. I'll just await for that file so i can help point out what's the actual problem.

It's been a bit of time, stuff keeps me from being super productive, as this is more of a side thing.

But I do have a few bits to show.

First off - for cutscenes climax seems to be very important, imo, and there are ways to make them in pov, even though they are not very fun (like overriding pose 5-8 in default.frames)

I'll try to look into how to make pov.lua load different frames instead during climax.

Also did manage to at least edit pov.lua to allow cutscene play if either actors have it (therefore not loading other layers)

It should be quite easy to make a custom setting per each actor 2 animation that just says if they want hands/body of actor1 loaded.

Also, there are a few more scenes and overworld sprites in work (My idea is to give as much critters as possible at least doggy style pose, to make everyone interactable *at least* in one way)

Spoiler

JQyVS7T.png.6fc10bab01641dce5c680776dcd8d8fc.pngQBuwYjC.png.df01692a79725a26a5bcb4a9d5bd63b9.png

And.. that's it for now.

It's been a bit of time, stuff keeps me from being super productive, as this is more of a side thing.

First off - for cutscenes climax seems to be very important, imo, and there are ways to make them in pov, even though they are not very fun (like overriding pose 5-8 in default.frames)

I'll try to look into how to make pov.lua load different frames instead during climax.

Also did manage to at least edit pov.lua to allow cutscene play if either actors have it (therefore not loading other layers)

It should be quite easy to make a custom setting per each actor 2 animation that just says if they want hands/body of actor1 loaded.

Also, there are a few more scenes and overworld sprites in work (My idea is to give as much critters as possible at least doggy style pose, to make everyone interactable *at least* in one way)

Hide contents

JQyVS7T.png.6fc10bab01641dce5c680776dcd8d8fc.pngQBuwYjC.png.df01692a79725a26a5bcb4a9d5bd63b9.png

And.. that's it for now.

Seems like quite a bit of work, great stuff mate!

And.. that's it for now.

Your take on the whole PoV system is interesting, and even though it isn't actually a PoV anymore, it's pretty good.

And i've also been asked to mess with the climax frames and "add more than just a still image". I agree that it's kinda necessary, but speed of the animations during it are a bit low, i wonder if that's part of the .animation file.

I personally just remove the hands from the pov.lua entirely, they serve no real purpose other than to obscure the partner partially, since if you were going for immersion, they wouldn't just be floating hands.

As for your own animations they're not too shabby, i wish you good luck drawing and implementing them.

I've been trying to push towards wrapping up a couple creatures for a future update, and i gotta say, i don't think you'll get much luck trying to work all creatures into Doggy lol, things like Scaveran, and other things far from being compatible with humanoid shapes might prove a challenge, also a little FYI, that there is a difference between "Critter" and "Monster", in Starbound's technical terms. Critters being the passive, usually ground-roaming creatures, like bunnies, snails, tiny fish, birds etc.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

Your take on the whole PoV system is interesting, and even though it isn't actually a PoV anymore, it's pretty good.

And i've also been asked to mess with the climax frames and "add more than just a still image". I agree that it's kinda necessary, but speed of the animations during it are a bit low, i wonder if that's part of the .animation file.

I personally just remove the hands from the pov.lua entirely, they serve no real purpose other than to obscure the partner partially, since if you were going for immersion, they wouldn't just be floating hands.

As for your own animations they're not too shabby, i wish you good luck drawing and implementing them.

I've been trying to push towards wrapping up a couple creatures for a future update, and i gotta say, i don't think you'll get much luck trying to work all creatures into Doggy lol, things like Scaveran, and other things far from being compatible with humanoid shapes might prove a challenge, also a little FYI, that there is a difference between "Critter" and "Monster", in Starbound's technical terms. Critters being the passive, usually ground-roaming creatures, like bunnies, snails, tiny fish, birds etc.

Yeah it's.. not a PoV, but I feel like for monster specifically it would be way too limiting to go for pov (Also.. as of right now, like 2 races are properly implemented for PoV poses anyway. Unless someone makes "default" PoV sprites, the lack of actor1 sprites would just make drawing monsters in poses other than doggy.. pointless, as the animation wont have a couple to be played with)

And yeah, the climax is slow.. and is forced to loop. If I knew better how modding of those .animation (if pov uses them?) worked, maybe it would be better to allow a start-to-end thing, but for now just a loop with liquids will work.

Also oops, yes, monsters, not critters. 

And yeah, some of them wont have doggy pose for that reason.. but that just means choosing a more approachable position xD

And thank you!

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

. . .

I've been trying to push towards wrapping up a couple creatures for a future update, and i gotta say, i don't think you'll get much luck trying to work all creatures into Doggy lol, things like Scaveran, and other things far from being compatible with humanoid shapes might prove a challenge...

I'd say the Scaveran wouldn't be that difficult, just have its doggy pose use a perching position when it's in the actor 1 position. Though mind you, I'm not 100% certain on the vertical space you have to work with for animations.

Edited by Shade115

HI!  I recently started playing Starbound, and I really like this mod.  Thanks so much Red3dred! 

I also have been kind of obsessed with smutting every monster, so I've been putting together one A1 pose for each monster...mostly.  Because that what I'm using it for...  Anyway, I did like 30-something, which are pretty much just for 'personal use'.  Temtem, you sort of inspired me to want to share, your animations look great!  And you seem to have kind of a similar desire for maximum monster smut~

A lot of them are pretty janky, or are missing stuff, so like, user beware.  But if anyone wants it, or if it could help, I'm happy to share.

3 hours ago, Calumny said:

HI!  I recently started playing Starbound, and I really like this mod.  Thanks so much Red3dred! 

I also have been kind of obsessed with smutting every monster, so I've been putting together one A1 pose for each monster...mostly.  Because that what I'm using it for...  Anyway, I did like 30-something, which are pretty much just for 'personal use'.  Temtem, you sort of inspired me to want to share, your animations look great!  And you seem to have kind of a similar desire for maximum monster smut~

A lot of them are pretty janky, or are missing stuff, so like, user beware.  But if anyone wants it, or if it could help, I'm happy to share.

That's interesting to hear o:

I am very interested to see it! If you want to keep it in dm, then I can poke there.

(that would also give me some ideas on where else to go through it, kinda don't wanna end up doing same things if possible xD)

7 hours ago, TemtemLover said:

That's interesting to hear o:

I am very interested to see it! If you want to keep it in dm, then I can poke there.

(that would also give me some ideas on where else to go through it, kinda don't wanna end up doing same things if possible xD)

Sure!  Yeah, if we're both making more monster poses for the same monster...  so I thought I'd share!  

I can just upload it here?  Can I upload it here?  It says drag files here to attach at the bottom of this box...  If I should not do that, someone stop me~

I have attached a 7zip with what I have atm, anyone that wants to use it/edit it/improve it can feel free of course.  I hope it can help, even if you just use it as a base.  You can also have the PSD I'm working on if you want...but it's a monstrosity.  I know it's a monstrosity.  truthfully, I don't want to hear about how it's a monstrosity, so the PSD is 'as is' only.   :D

also yeah, moontant.  moontant only technically works, but has no respect for head variants...I was satisfied~  I suppose it depends how much you want a moon gangbang.

monsters.7z

I feel left out here =V

I've been receiving contributions for the mod from multiple people, but usually people's interest in the game and working on the mod drops faster than a ton of bricks, so i'm used to getting maybe one message, a couple sprites and then when i explain the whole thing to someone, they poof. So i'm not gonna be like "THIS IS A ROBRERTY! GIMME ALL YOU GOT", but i'll take a look at these and see if i can't polish them. Honestly, polish work is saving time on the long run, for the most part.

3 hours ago, Calumny said:

You can also have the PSD I'm working on if you want...but it's a monstrosity.  I know it's a monstrosity.  truthfully, I don't want to hear about how it's a monstrosity, so the PSD is 'as is' only.   :D

You only have one file that is a mess!?

Spoiler

image.png.f2468cbe413c8e763dd8c4617dae9c5e.png

As for the Moontant, that's why they're marked in the list with that dumb face over them. Part-picked monsters, like the Randomly Generated ones, are impossible to account for currently, because Sexbound can't index and look for specific image sets for each part of the monster, Example: "Moontant body1-png, body2-png, head1-png, head2-png" etc. Right now, a monster is just one set of images, and doesn't even take into consideration monsters that recolor, like the RNG ones. I've tried implementing a system for them for a long while and it's been hell, because the game really refuses to share their color info normally, and being less script-savvy, i couldn't make the script collect monster body-parts and list them. So for now, one version only for those =l

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

I feel left out here =V

Haha, sorry xD

To be honest if I'll make a decent amount of overworld monster sprites, I'll probably ask you to add them to this mod directly, I dont want to create multiple modpacks of the same thing

MonsterScenes however will probably  be a separate mod as I'm editing sexbound code, and well the whole concept is different

(I do still wanna play around with making tamed monster interact with sexbound nodes idea)

If @Calumny agrees to have their work be worked with, that could save some time indeed. 

9 hours ago, Calumny said:

Sure!  Yeah, if we're both making more monster poses for the same monster...  so I thought I'd share!  

I can just upload it here?  Can I upload it here?  It says drag files here to attach at the bottom of this box...  If I should not do that, someone stop me~

I have attached a 7zip with what I have atm, anyone that wants to use it/edit it/improve it can feel free of course.  I hope it can help, even if you just use it as a base.  You can also have the PSD I'm working on if you want...but it's a monstrosity.  I know it's a monstrosity.  truthfully, I don't want to hear about how it's a monstrosity, so the PSD is 'as is' only.   :D

also yeah, moontant.  moontant only technically works, but has no respect for head variants...I was satisfied~  I suppose it depends how much you want a moon gangbang.

monsters.7z 632.53 kB · 11 downloads

Okay so I took a peek, and they seem to be pretty decent! Though taking a peek a bit hard, since you didn't include the patches to view stuff from in game xD

Do you have them? If so mind sharing them, even if they aren't properly set up, it would still be less of a pain than remaking all of them.