[mod] Teratophilia

6 hours ago, red3dred said:

Ah, another mistake of mine, i put the marker on the Voltip and was looking at the Fennix! My bad yet again.

Have been doing a lot of blunders, sorry to all users who are annoyed by these mistakes.

Sir, I would've been upset till the end of time and would've never forgiven you for such aeneous crimes !!
jk I never even noticed till twas pointed out.

Also I forgot to thank everyone that worked on the project, it's lovely to see it still being worked on, maybe in a year or so it'll be complete !!

So I am proud to say that work was going pretty well.

I think I've set the goal of at least first release, which will include 16 animations spread across 10 monsters (with male/female difference where applicable) and perhaps 3-5 more static images, "just so they are there" (looking at you, nutmidgeling and king)

I will not spoil everything, but here is some progress (various sexuality warning):

Spoiler

tentacrawler.gif.ac6a63f9c222a5f03524778f76e144cc.gifFCizAmo.png.85da130ec21188cd1cbfe4bce13b24f2.pngParatail.gif.9ce6fc76f1eea3879cc41281c2042aa3.gif

Still no dates, but at this rate of progress I hope to finish by april.

=====

Speaking of other things, Red, may I ask who is the artist behind Fennix support?

Well that took a second of looking up.
Yeah you weren't kidding about LewdGuard's caliber P:

Edited by TemtemLover
3 hours ago, MethMoth said:

May i ask where is the download for TeratoDefeat and DefeatCostum?

I'm trying to download both of those, and yet it's missing from the download

DefeatCustom doesn't work at all, which is why it was removed, and while i couldn't test normal Defeat, i couldn't make sure the Defeat patches for Teratophilia worked. So i just took 'em down for now, while i fix them up.

Well I am slowly approaching to something it seems

Behold the folder:

Spoiler

8JBaDgG.png.adbf6545c5df04596147723fdd10cf1e.png

Will I get it to 20? maybe. Turns out Spookit only has dominant poses, so that idea kinda went eh

Toumingo, oculob, lilodon and uh.. punchy seem to be missing. And mother poptop I guess. (Not to mention the variants which is something I am not considering right at this moment)

I guess.. if someone wants to see one of the mentioned monsters above enough to write about it - I'll prolly consider adding an animation for them before release.

(I know this sounds a bit cheeky a little but whatev)

Edited by TemtemLover
29 minutes ago, TemtemLover said:

Will I get it to 20? maybe. Turns out Spookit only has dominant poses, so that idea kinda went eh

Toumingo, oculob, lilodon and uh.. punchy seem to be missing. And mother poptop I guess. (Not to mention the variants which is something I am not considering right at this moment)

I guess.. if someone wants to see one of the mentioned monsters above enough to write about it - I'll prolly consider adding an animation for them before release.

(I know this sounds a bit cheeky a little but whatev)

Spookit only has dominant animations for now*.

And honestly, Punchy animations would be hilarious to see.

Spoiler

*How the fuck do you fuck a ghost like what in ectoplasm's Sam Hell?

8 minutes ago, TemtemLover said:

Ah and being a sub for ghost doesn't have any questions, I see I see.  P:

Ghostly possession can take many forms, that all seems pretty standard, have you ever seen Ghost Busters? Lol

I honestly do plan to add some more animations to them later, just short on time and energy lately, between homework, tests and other projects looming overhead.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:46 AM, red3dred said:

TeratoDefeat is currently unavailable as i rework it with the newer Defeat in mind.

Super sad to hear this, but glad to know it's not just me as I was about to ask the same question. Is there any ETA for a TeratoDefeat update? Will using an older outdated version crash my game? And most importantly, is there anything I can do to help? I'm not bad at coding and am learning spritework. I love this mod (being a kinky li'l fuck) and want to get back to screwing around with monsters. :D

2 hours ago, CherriCordialPie said:

Super sad to hear this, but glad to know it's not just me as I was about to ask the same question. Is there any ETA for a TeratoDefeat update? Will using an older outdated version crash my game? And most importantly, is there anything I can do to help? I'm not bad at coding and am learning spritework. I love this mod (being a kinky li'l fuck) and want to get back to screwing around with monsters. :D

TeratoDefeat is mostly just patches with the right name, if the patch is correct and not duplicated, then everything works fine. I just haven't updated it because i've been testing new versions of Defeat itself and i don't have a DefeatCustom available, much less with many of the common fixes people have contributed thus far, that and generally having too much to do in too little time.

If you want to see it fixed up, i can probably whip up a quick patch set and hope it works without issues, but knowing Defeat, people will probably come asking why they are invincible or why they die normally/Sexbound freezes within a week.

6 hours ago, red3dred said:

TeratoDefeat is mostly just patches with the right name, if the patch is correct and not duplicated, then everything works fine. I just haven't updated it because i've been testing new versions of Defeat itself and i don't have a DefeatCustom available, much less with many of the common fixes people have contributed thus far, that and generally having too much to do in too little time.

If you want to see it fixed up, i can probably whip up a quick patch set and hope it works without issues, but knowing Defeat, people will probably come asking why they are invincible or why they die normally/Sexbound freezes within a week.

If you want a playtester I'm up for it, but don't rush if you're not comfortable with it. My offer is to help as a guinea pig, not to stress you out, so I hope you don't feel rushed. I've done my own modding and honestly quit mostly because of people treating me like an unpaid employee making mods for them personally. That's the last thing I'd wish on others. But helping look for bugs is definitely something I can do.

2 hours ago, CherriCordialPie said:

If you want a playtester I'm up for it, but don't rush if you're not comfortable with it. My offer is to help as a guinea pig, not to stress you out, so I hope you don't feel rushed. I've done my own modding and honestly quit mostly because of people treating me like an unpaid employee making mods for them personally. That's the last thing I'd wish on others. But helping look for bugs is definitely something I can do.

Oh worry not, telling me if something is entirely not working in my mod is more than enough. The TeratoDefeat support has been updated and uploaded along with a few small fixes/changes.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

Oh worry not, telling me if something is entirely not working in my mod is more than enough. The TeratoDefeat support has been updated and uploaded along with a few small fixes/changes.

I'll make sure to take some time today and tomorrow to do some playtesting and let you know what I see!

Hey, I've got a question about how I might be able to do something. It's probably really simple to do but for the life of me I just don't know where to start.

I've been reverse-engineering code and fiddling with values to tailor my Sexbound experience to my liking, and one of the things I've done is make it so entities that are pregnant always give birth to the father's species. But I wanted to add some exceptions to this, specifically with monsters. I want to make it so that if the father is, say, a Scandroid, then the baby will be something else, like an Apex. Basically I want it to make a little more sense than a biological entity giving birth to a robot, lol.

I wrote some if/else statements in the pregnant.lua file that effectively do this for playable races, but I have no idea how to do it for monsters, so I thought this would be a good place to ask and see if there was anyone who could help.

33 minutes ago, Rapifessor said:

Hey, I've got a question about how I might be able to do something. It's probably really simple to do but for the life of me I just don't know where to start.

I've been reverse-engineering code and fiddling with values to tailor my Sexbound experience to my liking, and one of the things I've done is make it so entities that are pregnant always give birth to the father's species. But I wanted to add some exceptions to this, specifically with monsters. I want to make it so that if the father is, say, a Scandroid, then the baby will be something else, like an Apex. Basically I want it to make a little more sense than a biological entity giving birth to a robot, lol.

I wrote some if/else statements in the pregnant.lua file that effectively do this for playable races, but I have no idea how to do it for monsters, so I thought this would be a good place to ask and see if there was anyone who could help.

I don't think you'd even need to go that far, there's already exception code in Sexbound to define custom birth parameters, and it IS currently used by Teratophilia, not sure to what extent as Locuturus doesn't test the features and i think they maybe one-sided, but monsters have a parameter called "giveBirthTo", and you can define a few things, like item and object. You can probably expand this to "monster" and/or "NPC" and just write your own custom handlers.

PS: I refer to this chunk in: <Sexbound folder/scripts/sexbound/override/monster/pregnant.lua>

image.png.18456ce5193be301bcef62b3739e56bb.png

Edited by red3dred
1 hour ago, red3dred said:

I don't think you'd even need to go that far, there's already exception code in Sexbound to define custom birth parameters, and it IS currently used by Teratophilia, not sure to what extent as Locuturus doesn't test the features and i think they maybe one-sided, but monsters have a parameter called "giveBirthTo", and you can define a few things, like item and object. You can probably expand this to "monster" and/or "NPC" and just write your own custom handlers.

PS: I refer to this chunk in: <Sexbound folder/scripts/sexbound/override/monster/pregnant.lua>

image.png.18456ce5193be301bcef62b3739e56bb.png

Okay, I'll give that a try and see if I can get what I want to work. What I'm specifically trying to do at the moment is make it so that if my character is impregnated by a Scandroid, they'll give birth to an Apex (it's a headcanon thing). There's some other stuff I want to do too, but I figure if I can make that happen I should be able to figure out the rest.

17 hours ago, Rapifessor said:

Okay, I'll give that a try and see if I can get what I want to work. What I'm specifically trying to do at the moment is make it so that if my character is impregnated by a Scandroid, they'll give birth to an Apex (it's a headcanon thing). There's some other stuff I want to do too, but I figure if I can make that happen I should be able to figure out the rest.

Yeah, unfortunately it does look like "giveBirthTo" only applies to monsters and babies for humanoids are handled by the regular pregnancy script. I tried to add logic for Scandroids in Sexbound\scripts\sexbound\plugins\pregnant\pregnant.lua but I don't think it works the same as with humanoids, since they're different entityGroups. For humanoids I can just say something like "if species == "apex" then" and then whatever I want to happen if the statement is true.

The part I'm referring to is in the screenshot (sorry for the default notepad lol, I should really get Notepad++). The chunk of code at the top might be what's causing the discrepancy between how monster species are referenced and how humanoid species are referenced, but I'm not sure.

Screenshot (1684).png

3 hours ago, Rapifessor said:

Yeah, unfortunately it does look like "giveBirthTo" only applies to monsters and babies for humanoids are handled by the regular pregnancy script. I tried to add logic for Scandroids in Sexbound\scripts\sexbound\plugins\pregnant\pregnant.lua but I don't think it works the same as with humanoids, since they're different entityGroups. For humanoids I can just say something like "if species == "apex" then" and then whatever I want to happen if the statement is true.

The part I'm referring to is in the screenshot (sorry for the default notepad lol, I should really get Notepad++). The chunk of code at the top might be what's causing the discrepancy between how monster species are referenced and how humanoid species are referenced, but I'm not sure.

Could've just pasted the whole thing as code into LoversLab's "Code" function at the top, the </> button, and then you can select "Lua" so it highlights, but yeah

You can also make use of Logic statements "or" and "and" to better determine things, along with a switch-case, by using "else" instead of "end".

10 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Could've just pasted the whole thing as code into LoversLab's "Code" function at the top, the </> button, and then you can select "Lua" so it highlights, but yeah

You can also make use of Logic statements "or" and "and" to better determine things, along with a switch-case, by using "else" instead of "end".

Ah, I see. This is what my custom logic is right now:

-- Returns a random species name based on the species of the parents
function Sexbound.Actor.Pregnant:generateBirthSpecies()
    local actor1Species = self:getParent():getSpecies() or "human"
    local actor2Species = self.otherActor:getSpecies() or actor1Species
    if actor2Species == "glitch" then
	if actor1Species == "glitch" then
	    return "human"
	else
	    return actor1Species
	end
    elseif actor1Species == "novakid" or "floran" or "skelekin" or "slimeperson" or "slimenpc" or "slimenpchuman" then
	return actor1Species
    else
	return actor2Species
    end
end

This works pretty much flawlessly for playable species. Now if I could just figure out how to work monster species into this that would be perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Vanthrys said:

Hello, I want to try this, but I can't seem to open the PAK file that the download links to.

I've tried PakExplorer, and tried renaming it to a .zip file, but neither of those seem to work

You dont have to open the PAK for it to work, just put the PAK file in the mods folder and you're set.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to loverslab and not always terribly good at actually using and allocating files. I move the .pak file to my mods folder but when I try to start the game, it crashes on me and gives me a series of error messages. Sorry if this is obvious to others, but I dont really get what im doing wrong.

4 hours ago, Kashess said:

I'm new to loverslab and not always terribly good at actually using and allocating files. I move the .pak file to my mods folder but when I try to start the game, it crashes on me and gives me a series of error messages. Sorry if this is obvious to others, but I dont really get what im doing wrong.

From your words, nothing wrong. PAK files should be moved to the mods folder and just left there, indeed, but if you are having crashes, feel free to throw some log out and see what's up. It maybe a lack of dependencies (Such as Defeat for Terato Defeat).

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>