[mod] Teratophilia

4 hours ago, NotARobotEither said:

This may have been answered before, but what exactly do I edit to change the chance for a monster being converted to a sex node?

I know how to unpack both files (Terato and defeat) and edit lua scripts, but I don't see any actual scripts to mess with in the unpacked files.

TeratoDefeat no longer has that feature, it's just a bunch of supports for Defeat to work with, nothing else.

The "Defeat Custom" mod is no longer available due to being outdated, because i'm not messing with Defeat currently, it's a lot of trouble to get it work properly, and there will always be a new/old factor to make it not work...

...otherwise:
image.png.cd23e09c01cfe43e5c7bcf55d1239314.png

The "0.35" is the chance of it succeeding. A number generated between 0 and 1, that is bigger than 0.35 will kill the monster and skip Defeat.

This was the part of Defeat Custom that caused it to not transform every monster.

2 hours ago, iDarknessKun said:

Nice work man!
I would like if bunnies could have support for this mod too

The little critters? They're so small, the only thing someone could do with them-- No nevermind i won't repeat that word...

Jokes apart, what do you think one could even do with a small creature? For reference:

Spoiler

image.png.e8e45528567ae25521a8ee61fa7d784a.png

The bunny's idle image next to a Vanilla API's human genital.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

The little critters? They're so small, the only thing someone could do with them-- No nevermind i won't repeat that word...

Jokes apart, what do you think one could even do with a small creature? For reference:

Hide contents

image.png.e8e45528567ae25521a8ee61fa7d784a.png

The bunny's idle image next to a Vanilla API's human genital.

they are really small, I think it would be difficult to support them because of that
maybe cutting off a part of the limb during the act scene so it doesn't overrun the whole bunny sprite? I'm not sure :/

maybe it's possible to do some things about it

Edited by iDarknessKun
I thought of some ideas
  • 2 weeks later...

@red3dred you should make a discord server and put in the mod description.. i would be more than happy to collaborate with the development of the mod. my discord is kinnofuy#2143 and i am a developer since some time already coding in c++ and java and lua doesnt seem hard at all. these are not the only two languages i work on.. these are the ones i use the most. i code also in php (basically web c/c++), python, html, gdscript (for godot) and some random ones. add me in discord if youre interested in some extra help.

1 hour ago, kinnofur said:

@red3dred you should make a discord server and put in the mod description.. i would be more than happy to collaborate with the development of the mod. my discord is kinnofuy#2143 and i am a developer since some time already coding in c++ and java and lua doesnt seem hard at all. these are not the only two languages i work on.. these are the ones i use the most. i code also in php (basically web c/c++), python, html, gdscript (for godot) and some random ones. add me in discord if youre interested in some extra help.

While i appreciate the enthusiasm, i am not looking forward to wrangling a server at the moment. This project was a small one meant to just slowly fill out the roster of Vanilla monsters, and given how even that has been quite the challenge, i have been very slowly chipping away at it, even with other users contributing great assets as well.

I never aspired for this project to get big enough to merit a team and Discord dedicated to it, much less that i'd need to manage people to get it done, so if anyone wants to make a Discord dedicated to it, i wouldn't mind joining, but i'm not too fond of being a moderator. Props to the LoversLabs moderators, they have great patience and sanity from what i've seen.

As for the programming challenge, there isn't much going on with Teratophilia that would require coding, most of the monsters are already achieved milestones in terms of coding, the only ones aren't currently achievable are the ones listed with the dumb face shown in the monster list, so i do appreciate the offer, but cannot current counter-offer any tasks. It's really just mostly artwork.
(Erchius Ghost, for the mere reason that it would likely require a custom AI code, and i'd be baffled if it didn't just instakill you when interacted, and the Moontants, because they are part-picked monsters, and as such, cannot currently be supported by the API, along with random-gen monsters.)

Side note; My Discord is available and has never changed: red3dred#6559

Edited by red3dred
13 hours ago, iDarknessKun said:

What about Capricoats?

I've been following the poll and working on monsters related to the second biome, primarily, which did not include Capricoats, so they're not in my plans--

However anyone is free to make and submit supports, implementing them is the super easy part, artwork is the real trouble.

And props as usual to TemtemLover, for the TeratoCutscenes mod, and hope they have a good time even if they don't wanna work with Starbound anymore.

19 hours ago, iDarknessKun said:

Why?

Because modders are not chained to free unpaid work? xD

Whenever I feel like working on supports - I'll work on supports.

Some people also prolly would prefer me working on more cutscenes too, so there's that. But in the end I'll just make what I know I can finish.

17 hours ago, red3dred said:

And props as usual to TemtemLover,

Please, I didn't even submit anything to you.. hopefully yet ?

17 hours ago, red3dred said:

if they don't wanna work with Starbound anymore.

For now. There's plenty of other things to do for me, including using the experience from animating this to making my own little game.

But whenever I feel like making one off something, I can always do something for terato.

Hey so, whenever I try running the game with both Tetaro and Defeat installed, the game runs into an EofException issue. "Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached"
I tried several things to make it work, including paking and unpaking the files and messing around with the lua scripts, but nothing seemed to work.
Anybody think they can help me out?
(I have FU installed and I'm unsure if thats affecting it, as it runs just fine with Tetaro only installed, but refuses to launch with both.)

Here's my log

starbound.log

1 hour ago, MoonlitPost said:

Hey so, whenever I try running the game with both Tetaro and Defeat installed, the game runs into an EofException issue. "Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached"
I tried several things to make it work, including paking and unpaking the files and messing around with the lua scripts, but nothing seemed to work.
Anybody think they can help me out?
(I have FU installed and I'm unsure if thats affecting it, as it runs just fine with Tetaro only installed, but refuses to launch with both.)

EoF (End of File) errors don't mean much, and generally obfuscate what is actually happening;

This usually happens when a mod is corrupted or malformed in some way, and judging by the presence of another, unfinished mod download file, in the same log, i'd recommend you try re-downloading Defeat, and make sure it finishes downloading this time.

18 hours ago, red3dred said:

EoF (End of File) errors don't mean much, and generally obfuscate what is actually happening;

This usually happens when a mod is corrupted or malformed in some way, and judging by the presence of another, unfinished mod download file, in the same log, i'd recommend you try re-downloading Defeat, and make sure it finishes downloading this time.

Thank you for pointing that out to me! Don't know how that happened lol. Love your work btw.

23 hours ago, MoonlitPost said:

Thank you for pointing that out to me! Don't know how that happened lol. Love your work btw.

What browser did you use to download? I know chromium-based browsers download files under a different filename and .crdownload extension until they are done, makes it easy to see if it's still downloading.

21 hours ago, ansfrr932 said:

What browser did you use to download? I know chromium-based browsers download files under a different filename and .crdownload extension until they are done, makes it easy to see if it's still downloading.

I use Firefox. The issue's been solved though so alls well.

11 hours ago, wibbleburg said:

Anybody here know how to extract a pak file?

Using console commands and the included tools in the Starbound 32-bit folder, or a tool like Pakit. Either way, there are plenty of other programs too, not all are as easily usable as Pakit and most do not include a interface.

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

Using console commands and the included tools in the Starbound 32-bit folder, or a tool like Pakit. Either way, there are plenty of other programs too, not all are as easily usable as Pakit and most do not include a interface.

Oh, nvm. I told my pc to use the asset unpacker in Starbound, and it seems to have worked. Thanks anyway!

Is there a way to disable creatures becoming sex nodes when you kill them?  I want the mod still for the purpose of Defeat, but when you hunt for resources and every other creature becomes a sex node, you have to sit and wait for them to finally pop to give you the resource. It burns a lot of daylight and makes hunting take way more time than it should. Perhaps in the future, you could create a special weapon like a "Taming Stick" that is extremely weak as a weapon, but every hit has a chance of turning a viable creature into a sex node? Or even a temporary pet until you leave the planet or they die (also 100% capture rate?). Either way, I love the work you all do and it's a great mod.

3 hours ago, Gevalt said:

Is there a way to disable creatures becoming sex nodes when you kill them?  I want the mod still for the purpose of Defeat, but when you hunt for resources and every other creature becomes a sex node, you have to sit and wait for them to finally pop to give you the resource. It burns a lot of daylight and makes hunting take way more time than it should. Perhaps in the future, you could create a special weapon like a "Taming Stick" that is extremely weak as a weapon, but every hit has a chance of turning a viable creature into a sex node? Or even a temporary pet until you leave the planet or they die (also 100% capture rate?). Either way, I love the work you all do and it's a great mod.

You can kill the nodes

4 hours ago, Gevalt said:

Sadly defeat doesn't allow you to pick that kind of settings. Either the monster is defeat supported, or isn't. As for a cheap way to interact with it, there are Lewdbound's Lewd-guns, which can be spawned in right away, when you start a run, and wouldn't be out of context, as they come in the color/appearance of all vanilla races.

The rest of the requests are a little bit unrealistic for them to be part of this mod.

1 hour ago, TemtemLover said:

You can kill the nodes

And yes, this is always an option. If you defeat a monster and have no plan to interact with it, you can kill the Node object on the floor, and last i checked they have around 100 HP.