[mod] Teratophilia

Ookay so.. after some more digging, and getting help from a friend, stuff has been figured out!

It works! Well when it does that is. I managed to understand how to access player's pets list and just allow these interactions happen.

There are still problems though related to pets going invisible and not being untransformed after the node is destroyed.. . Good news is that they don't die and you just need to resummon without worries.

That does mean that pet can interact with itself, because unsummoning it won't remove it from the nodes...

And other problem of course the decision on who is actor1 and actor2 is random, unless monster is locked to only one role.. and you can't "fix" it unless you go into the node and wiggle the monsters around into proper positions... ...hmm there's something about that though.

(and also on bed monsters may try poses they dont understand at all..)

Oh and...

Trying to go into a threesome.. just breaks things entirely. Well that was to be expected, but that means no fixing the threesome positions for those who are extra kinky.

I'll tinker around more with possible solutions to some problems as well as adding blueprint for the pheromones, and maybe npc companions item.

..one can think about making a whole game about breeding pets like this lol.

1 hour ago, wdefrgthyju said:

How did you do the sex with pteropod? Is it a custom made mod because i'm pretty sure teratophilia doesn't cover it yet.

Look a few pages back in this thread, one person posted their own set of animations. 

They will hopefully get implementated into main mod at some point. 

30 minutes ago, Laz44 said:

I assume the solution is probably dead simple but how do I get Calumny's patch files to actually work in sexbound. I'm no modding guru so I'm stumped.

I am actually way too lazy to explain, so have his things as a mod instead

I added metadata to keep the ownership written still.
Do let me know if it works (and also do keep in mind that we will probably end up polishing and putting more things into this, only use it if you really desperate for more monsters having dominant animations (almost no sub are in this pack))

Should enable more monsters in defeat too

CalumnyTerra.zip

3 hours ago, TemtemLover said:

I am actually way too lazy to explain, so have his things as a mod instead

I added metadata to keep the ownership written still.
Do let me know if it works (and also do keep in mind that we will probably end up polishing and putting more things into this, only use it if you really desperate for more monsters having dominant animations (almost no sub are in this pack))

Should enable more monsters in defeat too

CalumnyTerra.zip 2.73 MB · 2 downloads

Thank you

Look a few pages back in this thread, one person posted their own set of animations. 

They will hopefully get implementated into main mod at some point. 

That depends on whether they want it to be implemented or not honestly, but i would need their approval for that. The approval of @Calumny that is. Going around yoinking people's assets is a no-go unless you want to summon some really beefy Drama Demons.

Also thanks for the compiled mod, makes life easier for other users without having to invade their work!

On 1/15/2022 at 5:01 PM, TemtemLover said:

So I did run into an issue, the monsters I summoned did not let me do anything with them after using the bow, after I interacted with the node no animations came up or actors. I don't know whitch log it is so I attached them all (sorry if there's a load of mod's downloaded)

starbound.log.1 starbound.log.2 starbound.log.3 starbound.log.4 starbound.log.5

12 hours ago, Laz44 said:

So I did run into an issue, the monsters I summoned did not let me do anything with them after using the bow, after I interacted with the node no animations came up or actors. I don't know whitch log it is so I attached them all (sorry if there's a load of mod's downloaded)

starbound.log.1 91.71 kB · 2 downloads starbound.log.2 105.9 kB · 0 downloads starbound.log.3 93.95 kB · 0 downloads starbound.log.4 109.43 kB · 0 downloads starbound.log.5 78.8 kB · 1 download

Okay so.. the log of *last* session is without the .number

I tested the mod on my clean setup and it seems to be working.

Did you make a folder for the mod? Inside the mods folder.. because I forgot to pack it all in a folder in the zip >.>'

Also can you elaborate on no animations pop up? Did you still have sex ui menu? Because new monsters dont have passive state and you need to swap the roles to see anything.

Also any specific monster you tried would help.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:21 AM, TemtemLover said:

Okay so.. the log of *last* session is without the .number

I tested the mod on my clean setup and it seems to be working.

Did you make a folder for the mod? Inside the mods folder.. because I forgot to pack it all in a folder in the zip >.>'

Also can you elaborate on no animations pop up? Did you still have sex ui menu? Because new monsters dont have passive state and you need to swap the roles to see anything.

Also any specific monster you tried would help.

Sorry for the late reply, so I made a new folder to put the files in and didn't touch any code or what not so everything there is how I downloaded it. I tried with the Spookit, Voltip, Fennix and the moontant, when ever I used the bow on them they would disapear and when I interacted with them nothing would happen my avatar would disapear until I moved.

51 minutes ago, Laz44 said:

Sorry for the late reply, so I made a new folder to put the files in and didn't touch any code or what not so everything there is how I downloaded it. I tried with the Spookit, Voltip, Fennix and the moontant, when ever I used the bow on them they would disapear and when I interacted with them nothing would happen my avatar would disapear until I moved.

I know the issue now, one of my mods is breaking sexbound in general I got the same issue when trying to have sex with an npc so I'm just doing some trial and error with my mods until I find whats breaking it

1 hour ago, Laz44 said:

I know the issue now, one of my mods is breaking sexbound in general I got the same issue when trying to have sex with an npc so I'm just doing some trial and error with my mods until I find whats breaking it

I messed something up with my original sexbound folder and that broke the nodes I just downloaded a fresh version of sexbound and it's fixed

• 3 weeks later...

I am still alive!
And what better way to tease something than obsuce censorship?

.. no better way of course

Spoiler

lBlK9fN.png.9cdc603896ed928fe6852c283fae6f1d.png

I will probably make a few more poses for select critters and then finally release somethig, albeit not very big still

To not overhype things, I will say that some(or uh most) scenes will be static, as I usually work better with one mindset at a time, and I want to cover everything avaiable in vanilla terraphilia over than animating select monsters and then call it a mod with like 4 scenes.

..does that mean that they might be lost and never animated? Anything possible. But at least it will be out here and maybe concept will catch on.

That is all on that for now.
As for another mod I've been pondering - is to enable player to be able to influence other nodes around him. Alas this magic is beyond me if I am to directly poke around the sexbound mod, but I am still gonna ponder anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Little surprise to some, i am still alive and trying to work on the mods.

Released an update for Teratophilia with about 4 new supports, 2 revamps, and i've also released Relayer recently to allow more modding to be done.

I hope to release a PoV "Sub-API" in the future, so modders can make use of that to provide more in-depth PoV support to their races.

Time's been short between homework and power-outages, and working on the other race mod! But hopefully i can push some more minor udpates in the near future!

So.. 

things happened. In the world. My motivation is at the lowest, so I am sad to say - but don't expect anything grand /or soon, sorry.

Other than that, I did more exploration on things, specifically top "pov" scenes for monsters. 

Obviously it's almost impossible to support actual races graphically so I went with "princess conquest" approach of actor 2 being just blue avatar thing. (Although with the scenes and angles I chose I'd say it is quite possible, but that is certainly not work for one person)

I will not tease with small things and just show the entirety of smoglin content more or less ready.

Doubt all other monsters will get same amount of different variations, but nonetheless:

Also yes, it is gender neutral and probably will be kept that way. Or not. Up to laziness.

That's all, I am mostly posting to say that I am alive.

So.. 

things happened. In the world. My motivation is at the lowest, so I am sad to say - but don't expect anything grand /or soon, sorry.

Other than that, I did more exploration on things, specifically top "pov" scenes for monsters. 

Obviously it's almost impossible to support actual races graphically so I went with "princess conquest" approach of actor 2 being just blue avatar thing. (Although with the scenes and angles I chose I'd say it is quite possible, but that is certainly not work for one person)

That's all, I am mostly posting to say that I am alive.

Hey, that happens, between life randomly kicking you like a donkey, pandemics, wars and more, nobody's gonna tell you're wrong for being burnt and tired, with your interests and concerns elsewhere. Just don't let life keep you down, raise your head and get yourself moving, otherwise the anchors will hold you down more and more.

That said, your work is really interesting! It's a shame it's not compatible with normal PoVs, but it's good to see what you've done, and done well!

10 minutes ago, red3dred said:

That said, your work is really interesting! It's a shame it's not compatible with normal PoVs, but it's good to see what you've done, and done well!

Thanks!

And yeah they are not..

But..yeaah actual monster pov probably kinda silly xD

But this was mostly experinental thing I decided to go with and maybe occasionally throw it there and there when mood strikes. (And also maybe slightly biased towards smoglin..)

.. that said not that much artwork left to be done to release a set of scenes of vanilla teratophilia monsters? Some with only a scene but at least it'll be available to people.

Here's to hoping.

1 hour ago, TheGroovyTemplar said:

Soooo I got the new update and the Relayer mod to test out that gnarly transparency stuff with the  Eye ball lad and uhh.. yea I'm not sure what happened either.. guess he went full ghost mode haha.. odd that the dick is the only thing moving around.

Here's the log;

Oh. Oh so that's what happened there.

Yeah my bad, that's not a problem with the Relayer, rather a issue with me accidentally pressing Ctrl-Z while moving the files around, the body files were removed from Teratophilia, and you got blanks everywhere except the genitals. I'll push a update to resolve this in a few.

25 minutes ago, TemtemLover said:

Also uhh

Fennix doesn't seem to be marked in the list? Yet seems to be supported pretty well.

~~good, more pretty scenes to make, fennix is a good source~~

Ah, another mistake of mine, i put the marker on the Voltip and was looking at the Fennix! My bad yet again.

Have been doing a lot of blunders, sorry to all users who are annoyed by these mistakes.