[mod] Teratophilia

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

You only have one file that is a mess!?

It's a big file  .____.

It'd be awesome if they helped you at all xD  I did these for personal use, but then I felt bad not sharing if it might lighten your mod load~

1 hour ago, TemtemLover said:

Okay so I took a peek, and they seem to be pretty decent! Though taking a peek a bit hard, since you didn't include the patches to view stuff from in game xD

Do you have them? If so mind sharing them, even if they aren't properly set up, it would still be less of a pain than remaking all of them.

Thanks!  oooo, yeah, I bet that would save time.  I do have all the patches~  I actually have no idea if they're set up properly though, I've just been 90% copying Red3dred's code, and they seem to work in game  :D  good enough for me!  I also have them terato-defeat enabled

positions.7z

defeat.7z

28 minutes ago, Calumny said:

It's a big file  .____.

It'd be awesome if they helped you at all xD  I did these for personal use, but then I felt bad not sharing if it might lighten your mod load~

Thanks!  oooo, yeah, I bet that would save time.  I do have all the patches~  I actually have no idea if they're set up properly though, I've just been 90% copying Red3dred's code, and they seem to work in game  :D  good enough for me!  I also have them terato-defeat enabled

positions.7z 2.09 kB · 3 downloads

defeat.7z 1.18 kB · 1 download

Oh, defeat is nice too, thank you!

Some part of me started working on a plugin for aseprite that would allow seamless starbound sprites -> animation enviroment -> back to starbound sprite import/exporting, to make editing sprites a bit easier. We'll see where that leads.

Alright. I do not know how many people actually use aseprite, but the main things I got to work.

(Sorry for rather abrupt clip, gyazo do be like that)

So what it shows is concept of importing sprites in a comfortable manner.

What it will do in the end is - you select a folder, and the plugin automatically imports all present pngs as layers (minding the settings from default.frame), putting everything into animated structure too.

Upon edit, export will be avaiable too to instantly adjust to SB format, without having to edit anything elsewhere.

Also,  @Calumny, most of animations are actually bonkers, I am glad you decided to show us them, and that I made you do it too xD

You having A1 is good, as I prefer making A2 poses, therefore I might just fill in your sets to make a full passive/dominant set for everyone.

..and yeah, if I finish my plugin, editing existing sprites would be 999 times easier.

Edited by TemtemLover
On 12/4/2021 at 5:30 PM, red3dred said:

Considering that you've also posted that Fuchsia doesn't work, then it sounds like something broke instead of one mod not working properly. Do drop me the log as explained below.

Other than that, there's not much i can add. I'll just await for that file so i can help point out what's the actual problem.

sorry for taking so long but here is the log file

starbound.log

10 hours ago, Domino122361 said:

sorry for taking so long but here is the log file

starbound.log 30.09 kB · 1 download

Hmm... You have a bunch of mods, and most seem like they'd not cause issues with SxB, though these ones, in the list, that are listed as "unnamed asset source" maybe installed incorrectly.

Spoiler

image.png.0b82e6c3df5f63b2c2604449bde4c981.png

Make sure they:
1) If it's a pak file, just let it sit in the mods folder, not contained inside another folder.
2) If it's a folder, make sure there isn't another folder inside of it (Example: Naturally Horny inside of another folder called SxB Naturally Horny)

And for added measures, it's best to remove TeratoCustoms, as it is outdated (Defeat was rewritten, a few features are still missing, old one was incompatible last i checked)

I would recommend not using TeratoDefeat if you are using the latest Defeat, as every monster will transform, but if you aren't playing the game with Sexbound mods on the side, then up to you. Shouldn't cause massive issues.

15 hours ago, TemtemLover said:

Also,  @Calumny, most of animations are actually bonkers, I am glad you decided to show us them, and that I made you do it too xD

You having A1 is good, as I prefer making A2 poses, therefore I might just fill in your sets to make a full passive/dominant set for everyone.

..and yeah, if I finish my plugin, editing existing sprites would be 999 times easier.

xD  eeee, thanks!  That's awesome~

Plugin looks amazing,  o_o dark wizardry to me

On 12/12/2021 at 11:43 PM, red3dred said:

Hmm... You have a bunch of mods, and most seem like they'd not cause issues with SxB, though these ones, in the list, that are listed as "unnamed asset source" maybe installed incorrectly.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0b82e6c3df5f63b2c2604449bde4c981.png

Make sure they:
1) If it's a pak file, just let it sit in the mods folder, not contained inside another folder.
2) If it's a folder, make sure there isn't another folder inside of it (Example: Naturally Horny inside of another folder called SxB Naturally Horny)

And for added measures, it's best to remove TeratoCustoms, as it is outdated (Defeat was rewritten, a few features are still missing, old one was incompatible last i checked)

I would recommend not using TeratoDefeat if you are using the latest Defeat, as every monster will transform, but if you aren't playing the game with Sexbound mods on the side, then up to you. Shouldn't cause massive issues.

oh, so the unnamed asset source is whats wrong. 

all of the mods with unnamed asset source were not working so thats probably why.

9 hours ago, Domino122361 said:

nevermind... just everything else but the POV mod and this is working, the invincibility glitch is gone though! now everything else in this mod has to work...

starbound.log 29.94 kB · 0 downloads

... huh? Where's Teratophilia? It says in the logs you don't have it installed at all. To be clear, TeratoDefeat does not include the monster supports. It's a optional file to insert/add Defeat support onto supported monsters. Thinking about it, i'll have to add Teratophilia as a requirement to even load TeratoDefeat.

And the PoV (MorePoses) mod is still a unnamed asset source, if that's what you were shooting to fix. So yeah, check that mod folder and see if it's right. If it's installed correctly, then maybe it just doesn't have a "_metadata" file.

50 minutes ago, red3dred said:

... huh? Where's Teratophilia? It says in the logs you don't have it installed at all. To be clear, TeratoDefeat does not include the monster supports. It's a optional file to insert/add Defeat support onto supported monsters. Thinking about it, i'll have to add Teratophilia as a requirement to even load TeratoDefeat.

And the PoV (MorePoses) mod is still a unnamed asset source, if that's what you were shooting to fix. So yeah, check that mod folder and see if it's right. If it's installed correctly, then maybe it just doesn't have a "_metadata" file.

oh, yeah ill make sure to check both of those problems out

31 minutes ago, Domino122361 said:

The POV mod does not have a metadata_ so that is probably the problem with that

Could help me with a metadata_ for the POV mod?

also I got the other parts of this mod and it works now!

You don't need a metadata to get the mod to work, but it's odd that it'd not come with one. It usually helps prevent duplicate issues and incompatibilities, but alas. I've checked the current file available on LoversLabs (v0.1.1) and it seems it's setup fine, and should work, adding support for Glitch, Apex, and Avian, and expanding the support for Humans. Only Florans and Novakids aren't supported at that point.

The PoV files for Florans were available at the Sexbound page but have long since been taken down, so if you want Floran support, i have a link sitting somewhere for that one.

Hi there, Red! I just had a realization recently, dunno if you thought about this, but you know how you're having that trouble with things like Pandora's Box because there's no way to differentiate between different colourizations, and that also creates a problem with things like the Erchius Ghost? Well, how do Capture Pods do it then? They are able to save a monster's specific colors from things like Pandora's Box, maybe it's something similar?

I don't know if that would work, just putting it on your radar!

2 hours ago, Noone6 said:

Hi there, Red! I just had a realization recently, dunno if you thought about this, but you know how you're having that trouble with things like Pandora's Box because there's no way to differentiate between different colourizations, and that also creates a problem with things like the Erchius Ghost? Well, how do Capture Pods do it then? They are able to save a monster's specific colors from things like Pandora's Box, maybe it's something similar?

I don't know if that would work, just putting it on your radar!

I've taken a good look at capture pods personally, and i haven't been able to grasp what they do to pull the creature's data; from what i've grasped, they don't. As in, they just literally consume the entire creature's data and save it in the pokéball thingy. They will save things like planetary data, and the picture on the ball is generated by the (As far as i understand it) same method used to generate quest portrait, but captures even the names of the frames of animation from when the monster was captured.

The reason why i personally don't have a way to compatibilize monsters with parts (Pandora's Box, Moontants, Randomly Generated Creatures, etc) is because Sexbound would need to identify each individual monster part, preferably by name, and append it to a "part" in Sexbound, and also index them. What i mean is, for example:

A randomly generated monster is composed of 4 parts. Head, "legs", body and tail (small quadruped, is the one i'm going to be expeculating with)

Spoiler

image.png.5370e255c7ec39aaef2f976b131b0c7f.png

Sexbound would need to identify the parts in use, from the monster's parts list, and catalogue them.
"Body1", "LegsFin", "TailPoofy", etc.

The problem really lies right there. Everywhere else in Sexbound's scripts, there is a standard. Front arm, back arm, body, genitals, head. There's no way to know what body part of a monster goes in front, what goes behind, because at the end of the day, they're all just parts, and they have absolutely no naming standard in Vanilla other than "body" most of the time, much less in modded monsters such as Pandora's Box.

Spoiler

Example: "small quadruped" has all parts named "head","chest","tail","legs", but then moontants have them simply indexed.

image.png.d5348cb3d531e22992c3aa3d072839d8.png

And then their bodies are listed under "male" and "female".

Even if Locuturus was to find a way to inherit a monster's Pallette data, which i've tasted on how difficult that can be... Even then, listing, ordering and distributing the monster's body-parts to appropriate layers is another hell in of itself. I really hope we can get there one day, to supporting part-picked monsters, but i do not envy whoever wants to try and take a jab at it.

Edit note: The only way i could possibly conceive of the monster's supports having meaningful and comprehensible means of implementation, is if each monster support for part-picked monsters included a "map" of sorts, telling Sexbound what part to equate to which monster part, in the support patch, or as a additional config file.

Edited by red3dred

Wow, and yikes! Well, thought I'd try to help. Thanks for the explanation- that sounds crazy.

I do, too, hope that someone'll figure it out- that'd be cool.

Well, thanks for taking the time to respond! Hope all is going well, and I wish you the best of luck for this mod and, well, should you ever try to move through hell to solve something like that.

(Oh, and I had an idea for something, posted it in the sexbound mod thread as an idea, not sure where else to have put it. Figured maybe you could look at it and see if it's interesting, but obviously you don't have to)

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Zak0ya said:

I don't know if this is just me, but whenever I'm killed by a monster that ISN'T supported with the defeat mod/this mod, I turn completely invincible and my stamina bar won't recharge at all. Is there any way I can fix this??

Try updating your defeat mod, and pray... Defeat is sadly not very stable and gaps in the supports like that will cause it to just "shit the proverbial bed".

4 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Try updating your defeat mod, and pray... Defeat is sadly not very stable and gaps in the supports like that will cause it to just "shit the proverbial bed".

I'll give it a go, I'm guessing I'm supposed to just flat out die, but I just don't die Xd

38 minutes ago, welp . . . said:

Moreover, when i put just the name of the file, it sent into this directory:  1920585244_Screenshot2022-01-10133755.png.f9f8569b90d9708e17612d07e8a8e334.png

You're having DOS issues in a Starbound LoversLab thread...

theWHAT.png.d4a08b788ce232cf7efe3f3784dda8b8.png

However, i will be real.
You're doing it right and wrong at the same time! I'm surprised you managed to get the command line to accept that honestly, but lemme try and explain:

The left side of the Command Line shows where it's running off of, so it's running off of "C:\WINDOWS\system32" by default, as Command Line does. You can use the command "cd" to "change directory", and thus you move the command prompt to where you want it to shit out the files i guess.

You should honestly either get Pakit, a program that does all this path BS for you with a simple "search for folder" interface, or one of the many other programs that also skip the BS for you. Doing it by command line is good for learning DOS, but unless you want to learn how to unninstall System32, using DOS for this is a rather outdated technique, no mockery. Also of note, you don't have to pack the mod for it to work. Dropping the same folder that the mod consists of in you mods folder should work.

There are a few things DOS, or the newer thing, Windows PowerShell, can do that will overcome several security BS issues, but it's not really something that will help you get through the modding thing, unless you want to package and distribute your own mods, like posting them on this website or sharing them with other users =V

• 2 weeks later...

Helloooo.

It's been some time, I was busy with my own work, but now I have found some time to tinker around more.

This time I went back to my item idea, and after some painful days, I more or less figured out Lua and the whole enviroment of Starbound modding.

... That was very painful, please someone update the tutorials from 2013 and make an actual explanation on basics..

But! I have something. It is not a big thing, and mostly a personal.. um.. kink? But this works, more or less, in its prototype form (I still have to figure out how to properly reference player pets). This doesn't have any gameplay functionality, (maybe someone will give ideas even), and serves mostly for smut shenanigans.

You'll have to excuse me trying to fix the animations manually, since I am not insane enough to pass some sort of parameters to these animations, the process just copied from defeat code. But the idea is just that, item that you can use on any mind controlled node, in which your pet will participate.

That being said, with some more modifications, it can also be used as something normal to have bed time with your monsters/crew, without having to shoot them in the face with an arrow.

All in all, if most monsters get finished their 1-2 animations (And only passive variants are needed thanks to the person who made lots of active positions), there will be a good amount of combinations to view for yourself. Of course a lot of them will be broken and look stupid, but hey, I think the option to have it is better than having to go through randomness of having your monster be defeated by random enemy.

23 hours ago, TemtemLover said:

Helloooo.

It's been some time, I was busy with my own work, but now I have found some time to tinker around more.

This time I went back to my item idea, and after some painful days, I more or less figured out Lua and the whole enviroment of Starbound modding.

... That was very painful, please someone update the tutorials from 2013 and make an actual explanation on basics..

All in all, if most monsters get finished their 1-2 animations (And only passive variants are needed thanks to the person who made lots of active positions), there will be a good amount of combinations to view for yourself. Of course a lot of them will be broken and look stupid, but hey, I think the option to have it is better than having to go through randomness of having your monster be defeated by random enemy.

... wow, you really added some interesting mechanic to the pets in Starbound, to cooperate with Sexbound. I've liked the post at 2 AM while i was tired as heck, but returned since i had to say something about it.

Development of Sexbound is rather slow, for mods and the API itself, albeit this is good for modders, since we don't have to worry about API updates breaking our work, we also are seeing way less mods for Sexbound. It's good to see people are still interested in keeping the ball going. Really glad to see, and really good work! (Only question that remains is, does it support Pandora's Box increase to the maximum pets? How does that work with your mod?)

I also saw that massive compilation file, for monster supports, and albeit they were mostly simple and single-poses, it's interesting how a little bit of support goes a long way, from enabling things like this, to preventing issues with Defeat. I would incorporate such additions into the main mod here, but i haven't received any explicit permissions, plus have been sadly very slow to work on my end. In part due to trying to conform to the new API requests of not replacing or altering base API files...

That said, i am pretty close to a stabler version of the Relayer mod being released, which should allow for some more interesting use of layers, EG:

Spoiler

OculobTest1.gif.8312029a93717aaf054f7d73750bf276.gif

Plus implementation and rework of some supports, EG the showcased Oculob above.

I wish i could implement more polls and forms for users to fill out on how they think monsters could be supported (Pregnancy? Genders? Characteristics? Poses?) but that might be a bit too spammy for LoversLab, plus i don't know how much Google Forms would respect user's privacy. I also should probably request @NikitaRGX's musings over the monster supports again, as i was reading that file from PasteBin for a while for inspirations and ideas, and it has expired =V

Edited by red3dred
Derpa derp derp, fix me derps
2 hours ago, red3dred said:

(Only question that remains is, does it support Pandora's Box increase to the maximum pets? How does that work with your mod?)

I'll be bluntly honest, right now the mod searches a hardcoded monster nearby to be forced into the node xD

I was trying to find out how to work with getCompanions table, but.. there's literally NOTHING on internet about it aside from wiki post that exists.

Also I am still fighting the promiseKeeper shenanigans, trying to undestand why it doesn't work at times.

But if I manage to get a list of player pets, then it is easy to set up what and which pet will do what (If there are multiple, then probably the first one in list would be used, but that can be worked with)

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

That said, i am pretty close to a stabler version of the Relayer mod being released, which should allow for some more interesting use of layers, EG:

I've actually already poked it a little, though wasn't too sure what Relayer was exactly <:

====

Once I am done with the super base version of the pheromones, I will probably make a mod upload with them, I am pretty sure some will find it useful, even just for monster/bed interactions.