4 hours ago, Ruslanx999x said:

is it possible in the future to add an option to completely clear the arrousal data of all characters?

I would say yes. Very possible ... but it wouldn't clear data so much as invalidate it.

Arousal updates will have to be time stamped, so any characters with data older than a cutoff data can be recognized as stale/needing erasure, etc.

6 hours ago, NoJoker said:

Could you please recompile the DLL plugin in 64-bit for SSE 1.5.80? I no longer play LE since some huge upcoming mods don't support LE anymore.

+1 but I don't think it needs to be for a specific version. Arousal Redux hasn't been updated in some time of course and it works for any SKSE version.

@Lupine00 I understand if you might not plan on supporting SSE, maybe not until more updates come out, maybe never, but at least some information on what your intentions are would be very welcome. I'm impatiently waiting to start a new playthrough and this would be a nice addition to have before then.

6 hours ago, Redswift said:

+1 but I don't think it needs to be for a specific version. Arousal Redux hasn't been updated in some time of course and it works for any SKSE version.

@Lupine00 I understand if you might not plan on supporting SSE, maybe not until more updates come out, maybe never, but at least some information on what your intentions are would be very welcome. I'm impatiently waiting to start a new playthrough and this would be a nice addition to have before then.

You misunderstand.  Previous versions of Sexlab Aroused Redux *did not* contain any DLLs.  This new SLAX contains an Oldrim-SKSE-specific DLL, thus, not compatible with SSE.  At least that DLL isn't compatible.  It's absence could be trivial or render the entire mod non-functional.  Nobody has clarified what it does.

5 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

You misunderstand.  Previous versions of Sexlab Aroused Redux *did not* contain any DLLs.  This new SLAX contains an Oldrim-SKSE-specific DLL, thus, not compatible with SSE.  At least that DLL isn't compatible.  It's absence could be trivial or render the entire mod non-functional.  Nobody has clarified what it does.

Ah, I was under the impression that Aroused Redux did have a DLL. And I know that it doesn't work on SSE, I was just stating that it might not have to be dependent on a specific version of SSE SKSE like most are, some of them can work on any version.

8 hours ago, DayTri said:

Lupine, how should we treat the "cock size" factions. Does the small - huge range apply just to humans, and creatures handled separately? I mean I guess the Lurker is nowhere on the scale, or is he?

Cock size is for non-creatures/non-monsters. Playable races, basically.

I believe cock size should be determined simply by race otherwise.

It isn't really improving gameplay if you don't know whether a Lurker has a teeny-peenie, or a body-wrecking monstrosity.

It makes more sense for the player to have a general idea of what they're getting into there.

So the cock sizes describe what's possible in the range of human cocks, not beyond.

I know it's possible to make a counter-argument. For example, Whiterun Brothel Revamped had a scene with different sized horse cocks.

I believe that those sort of scenarios are the exception rather than the rule. Mods that do scenes like that can use special code to handle it anyway.

I don't think it's worth introducing possible confusion into the general creature/monster case.

The player isn't going to get the much feedback or clarity from randomly sized horse-cock properties that apply to random horses that they have to fellate in Slaverun - or something.

They'll just wonder why they had sex with two horses and it didn't do much damage, and then they had sex with one horse later and it crippled them.

Also, I'm not planning on adding W&T to SLAX.

There are mods that do that, and I have no interest in eating their lunch.

If I was adding a W&T mechanic, it would be in SLD anyway, and be differentiated from the existing solutions.

So, that means it's up to any W&T solutions up there to use those sizes, or not. And they may not ever use them, and in that case I might start thinking about creating a W&T solution that does in SLD.

8 hours ago, Redswift said:

Ah, I was under the impression that Aroused Redux did have a DLL. And I know that it doesn't work on SSE, I was just stating that it might not have to be dependent on a specific version of SSE SKSE like most are, some of them can work on any version.

@NoJoker and @Redswift

The DLL has the mutex system, keyword add/remove functionality, some array handling functionality, and also a helper for calculating the existing "legacy" arousal time updates more efficiently.

Some of that code can be replaced with Papyrus and reliance on a mix of PapyrusUtil functions, though you would hurt performance somewhat.

The mutex system probably can't easily be replaced. You might do it with a PapyrusUtil value as a semaphore, but that wouldn't give you the multi-locks that the multi-scanner system relies on. That said, SLAR gets along fairly well with broken Papyrus locking that definitely doesn't do what was intended.

The keyword stuff cannot trivially be replaced, as PapyrusUtil has nothing like that at all.

Prior to this, there was no mod that could genuinely add keywords, with only a couple of mods that could replace them (swap one keyword for another), and one of them was bugged anyway. (Though may be fixed now, as I appraised them of their bug months ago).

I have a wish to port the DLLs to SE, and release SE versions of SLD and SLAX, but I keep wanting to do other things, like go out, or play a game :) So it's not done yet, and I don't know when it will.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

@NoJoker and @Redswift

The DLL has the mutex system, keyword add/remove functionality, some array handling functionality, and also a helper for calculating the existing "legacy" arousal time updates more efficiently.

Some of that code can be replaced with Papyrus and reliance on a mix of PapyrusUtil functions, though you would hurt performance somewhat.

The mutex system probably can't easily be replaced. You might do it with a PapyrusUtil value as a semaphore, but that wouldn't give you the multi-locks that the multi-scanner system relies on. That said, SLAR gets along fairly well with broken Papyrus locking that definitely doesn't do what was intended.

The keyword stuff cannot trivially be replaced, as PapyrusUtil has nothing like that at all.

Prior to this, there was no mod that could genuinely add keywords, with only a couple of mods that could replace them (swap one keyword for another), and one of them was bugged anyway. (Though may be fixed now, as I appraised them of their bug months ago).

I have a wish to port the DLLs to SE, and release SE versions of SLD and SLAX, but I keep wanting to do other things, like go out, or play a game :) So it's not done yet, and I don't know when it will.

I'm not skilled with it, but I could take a stab at compiling the SE DLL against the SKSE64 source.  I have the VS2k17 community edition installed.

14 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

I'm not skilled with it, but I could take a stab at compiling the SE DLL against the SKSE64 source.  I have the VS2k17 community edition installed.

I could probably do it myself more quickly than I could help you do it.

But I don't want to test it.

There are some bothersome header changes required - I believe - and some other issues to overcome, so it's not just a drop into compiler and build kind of problem.

If I can get to it this week, or next weekend, I will, and then upload a DLL for people to try.

I'm trying to focus on DF at the moment though - just clearing the worst problems out - then back to SLAX.

Thanks for uploading this. It sounds like there are a lot of good improvements here.

I couldn't quite tell from reading through everything if this is already possible, but one thing I've always wished for with SLA(R) was an option to disable arousal processing for creatures/monsters/animals completely. Creature sex has never been my thing, and I personally leave creature animations inactive in the SexLab MCM, and usually don't even have the FNIS creature pack installed. That doesn't stop the Whiterun cow from wanting a ride pretty much every time I jog past its pen, though. There are a lot of extremely sexually-frustrated animals running around my game...

In the interests of animal welfare, would there be any chance of being able to toggle their arousal on and off, or lock it at zero?

17 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

@NoJoker and @Redswift

The mutex system probably canmmm't easily be replaced. You might do it with a PapyrusUtil value as a semaphore, but that wouldn't give you the multi-locks that the multi-scanner system relies on. That said, SLAR gets along fairly well with broken Papyrus locking that definitely doesn't do what was intended.

Just wondering would it not be easier to modify the special edition version as you have modified the original.

Because it is aready compatiable????

That sayed I would still advise to choose one and finish your vision of what you wanted to create before adding things that others want.

We lose so many good modders because they cannot please everyone , so just do what makes you happy be it special or legendary finish your vision first , but remmeber to enjoy life outside of skyrim.

We can still use redux for. SE or LE until you finish one or the other . If you make one good you will not have worry someone else will want it to port the other to the other , you are not the only one. That,s what deepfrog did with SD+ , focus on one thing and do not be distracted you will finish a lot faster.

Best of luck I like your original direction finish want you want then everyone else.

12 hours ago, jlttsmiley30 said:

Just wondering would it not be easier to modify the special edition version as you have modified the original.

No. Because I didn't just "modify" the original. For practical purposes I retained only the function prototypes. Everything else, apart from some files with old stuff that isn't even used, is different. It may look and act like SLAR - and that is the point, for now - but it is not the SLAR code.

Can you see all those device flags in SLAR? You cannot. Does it have all those keywords? No.

It's much easier to port from LE than do all that again.

And in the case of the animations, I'm using the old ones that are in SLAR, but that is not the future plan. There are far more animations available now.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:34 AM, Lupine00 said:

Setting a 0 exposure in existing SLA (or the current SLAX upload) has no great impact on exposure or time-rate; it's not stopping your NPCs getting aroused. The problem is that there is nothing arousing them. If you strip off and do a dance using some solicitation mod, chances are you will see NPC arousal kick up significantly - but you'd have to stand around waiting for a whole game day for them to get from 0 to 100 simply from time-rate.

In SLA, it depends on two factors, exposure and time-rate. They act in a very simple way. In fact, if we ignore decay, then SLA arousal is incredibly simplistic.

And decay acts over longish periods, so we can ignore it for any short term scenario.

Arousal = exposure + time-rate x time-since-orgasm

After orgasm, time since orgasm will be 0.

If time-rate is 100, then it takes 24 hours to reach 100 arousal with no exposure.

This is slow in real terms, but fairly quick in Skyrim terms as it's just over an hour of play-time at 20:1 time ratio.

Before saying this is dumb, we should consider it's in the absence of any arousing events whatsoever.

You'll get that 100 arousal after a day of sitting alone in an empty room watching the lights flicker.

However, if there's anything generating exposure, it's a different story.

Let's say you have a vibrating plug up your butt, then that plug might add 15 exposure every time it goes off.

In real life, if you have a plug up your butt, it's either going to be arousing right away, or it's going to be really annoying (I imagine), but what it is not going to do, is gradually arouse you over a period of hours, so that eventually you are so horny that you cannot resist masturbating...

Alas, the only lever that DD has to pull is UpdateActorExposure, and rather than simply smashing you with some arbitrary large amount, like 80 arousal right away, it keeps adding some smaller amount repeatedly - 15 for example - for as long as you wear that plug, regardless of what else happens.

The end result is high arousal is reached fairly quickly. Stack that with a belt and another plug, and the impact is considerable.

But if you don't use a mod that adds exposure due to one thing or another, you will have to rely on either time-rate, or looking at naked people to raise arousal.

The latter will raise it fairly quickly, but it will take at least two real minute to run a single SLA update, by default.

That two minute delay is probably what most people consider strange. If you make SLA update faster - say every 30 seconds - then you'll see faster responses.

Back when SLAR was made two mins might have been considered to create a heavy scan load, but now it's ridiculously long.

However, SLAR has built-in delays to the scanner to deliberately hobble its ability to load your computer, that mean running more often than every 30 seconds or so won't help.

I moderated those limitations in SLAX somewhat, so you can scan faster, but it's basically silly that scanning and updates are bound together on the same time schedule.

SLAR relies on those delays to mask its broken locking mechanic. SLAX has real locks so doesn't need them.

The link between update and scan was the first thing I decoupled in rewrite 2, but I discovered that I was generating waaaay more load and delays from outfit introspection than from running the scanner.

So that means running the outfit introspection as a separate process.

Hi Lupine00,

in my game (using SLAR) arousal of NPCs (exept time-rate) only rises if my PC is naked (either clothing of PC is set to naked in SLA or nothing worn at all)

How does SLAX handle this?

I´d like to get arousal from NPCs  if they are considered (defined by SLAX) naked (this  should also include all NPC around (LOS))  while my PC is still clothed (not naked).

Is this possible ??

On 9/26/2019 at 5:36 AM, Lupine00 said:

I wish we had a way to detect prostitution sex.

It probably won't be a stretch if you just treat all reluctant sex (voluntary, but with low initial arousal) as prostitution.

As for the outcomes: what are currently the consequences of having very high/low arousal? Off the top of my head I can only tell that DCL supposedly penalizes high arousal by dumping even more random hardware on you (not sure, I don't play DCL). It would be nice if being horny really made it difficult to focus, as in NPC having easier speech and pickpocket checks against them as long as you fit their profile. And, conversely, DFs tricking you into nastier deals while you're distracted.

What about low arousal? Logically reluctant sex should result in increased W&T and long term depression, which is curable by booze, drugs and excessive food (I believe Hormones can make you fat).

I've been running the TDF Prostitution mod so long I didn't realize that TDF was adding the "Client count" statistic to the Sexlab MCM "Sex Diary" page.

I suggest you simply ask the still active authors to send mod events noting who whored and who they whored out to (second should be an array of actors) so you and any other mod looking to track activity can do so.

For mods no longer being developed we can create patches to do the same but you'll probably have to host those patches here. I am willing to help with creating those patches.

56 minutes ago, VaunWolfe said:

Are the new factions going to be assignable to npcs as well as clothing types? For example lydia sex addicted with slooty armor.

Factions can be added to any Actor. and Keywords (which I believe is what your referring to as 'armor types') can be added to most objects. Actors, armor, etc. 

40 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

I've been running the TDF Prostitution mod so long I didn't realize that TDF was adding the "Client count" statistic to the Sexlab MCM "Sex Diary" page.

I suggest you simply ask the still active authors to send mod events noting who whored and who they whored out to (second should be an array of actors) so you and any other mod looking to track activity can do so.

For mods no longer being developed we can create patches to do the same but you'll probably have to host those patches here. I am willing to help with creating those patches.

This would be a very nice thing to see. Also a universal way to tell if someone is actively prostituting would be much appreciated, but since every prostitution mod I've seen has different ways of going about it, I dunno if I'll ever see that day.

8 hours ago, mushroomcap said:

Does this mod seed NPCs with stats for arousal, or will it in the future?

That's the aim, and will have a more interesting model of handling arousal.

But right now the things you get are explained on the front page. I want modders to know those factions are available so they can start to think about how they might use them.

SLAX itself will use many of the factions, but likely not all.

And SLAX itself will let you configure some of the factions, but only a modest sub-set. Probably, an optional add on mod will provide detailed configuration of all the factions, but it depends how things go in terms of interest, uptake, and whether it just makes more sense to leave that sort of thing in consumer mods most of the time.

25 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

But right now the things you get are explained on the front page. I want modders to know those factions are available so they can start to think about how they might use them.

You mean mods that will answer questions such as , you are a toe licking, lampshade wearing, red ass, t-rex bitch, that wears dental floss for clothing and only slightly perverted, always aroused and have a toad client count 4,358,225. Meaningfull mods such as this. LOL