16 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Mmm, maybe the goggles from Toxic Raider Armour? That gives me an idea, I wonder if I can patch Myopia Simulator to add support for those as prescription goggles... ?

It's dead easy honestly, The way I know will work and only requires FO4Edit, is to create a patch that overrides the 2 formlists in Myopia simulator, and has whatever forms you want in it. The downside is the patch will have to have all those mods as a Master though. The cleaner way if it will work is to have a quest script on a mod (like TSEX) detect if the mods are present (Myopia simulator and the glasses mods) and then inject those items into the formlists via script. (Look at my functions in Scavver's closet, or Crackle for adding mod content) 

The only thing I don't know for sure is if you can do this for the formists of another mod that isn't a Master to yours. So yeah if somebody knows that would be helpful.

31 minutes ago, recursive said:

Do you plan leaving hazmat suits out? On the one hand having a negative effect is something to consider, on the other it's a bit frustrating for sure.

If you're mentioning hazmat suits in reference to the Velma mode feature, the game doesn't treat them as eyewear as far as I've noticed (even though they have a helmet). It still lets me wear eyeglasses with a hazmat suit, and I don't think I'm using any mod to make that possible, seems like vanilla game behavior.

10 hours ago, recursive said:

I've just checked, for me it doesn't -- either or, not both. (Indeed, I'm talking Velma here)

For the purposes of velma mode I won't be addressing helmets, the furthest I'll go is an option for goggles as Myopia simulator does include them in the sunglasses list, though for Velma mode I'll make them a third option to give the player more choice,  

Has anybody considered removing the eyewear slot from the helmet's forms? Let me have a look at that later, that would probably result in clipping though.

Hey Tentacus,

Have been really lovin the 1.5.9J version and am looking forward to the new 1.6 version; have been reading the forum on TSEX and have a few ideas and comments.

(1) Masochist... "Or have a small chance of getting it from saying "embarrassed" dialogue ("Don't say that... *blush*" = 5% chance) etc..." NICE IDEA, maybe let players set the percentage chance in options? [5% seems low to me]

(2) Libido and Alcohol/Drugs... will there be a effect/cause relationship? Some chems could boost Libido and some chems lower it?

(3) Multiple Actor Situations [I am laughing at myself for just having typed that politically-correct phrase]... excellent news for my jet whore!

(4) your Dirty Amy voice soundbites don't make me think of "an old lady" but more of a heavy-smoking crossdresser ;)

(5) Named NPCs categories [I will PM you for more]... KitKatKseniya did an outstanding job but I disagree with 2 of her choices: Jun Long (Untrustworthy, domineering, cruel) and Marcy Long (Secret Pervert, Untrustworthy, Submissive)... I find them both untrustworthy and they are not what they seem... makes sense to me! Oh and a 3rd exception [sorry] for RP/lore I cannot agree that BoS characters are "kind"

(6) Named NPC categories... it would be logical [in my eyes] to re-label "cruel" to sadistic

(7) Trauma... this could have a nuance of self-esteem if [when] NPCs accept/refuse Sole Survivor's sexual offer by slightly lowering/increasing the variable; and a more significant impact if the Sole Survivor is drunk or high [I've always wanted an integrated drug-sex mod]

(8) Optional/purchasable/forced Tongue Piercings for extra blowjob experience and income!? [as you wouldn't be able to visualize them when worn, no need for image(s)] Permanently increases Libido.

(9) How did you first aquire training in BDSM? Nice!

(10) Choose a solo action to perform. Nicer!

(11) Optional/purchasable/forced "whore" tat... seen and recognized by NPCs somewhat negatively (permanently increases Trauma)

(12) TSEX CONCEAL DON'T FEEL... reduced effects from crying, less gains from masterbating

(13) TSEX STONE COLD... no gains from masterbating, increased Sadism [evil] effects, no effects from crying

(14) TSEX FRAGILE HEART... increased submissiveness

(15) TSEX WASTEOID [nice word]... increased Masochism effects

(16) TSEX FTPA... increased Submissiveness and BDSM effects

(17) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE also add slavery system to BD

(18) Any chance of getting my companion wasted and grooming them into whoring? Future expansion?

(19) new "Apparent age" stat... could impact "blush" reaction chance for example

(20) I can't code, but if there is a variable for number of sexual encounters and one for Assaults, then a simple boolean check for both during an event could increment the rape variable.

And thanks for making FO4 exciting!

1 hour ago, FO4Life said:

(2) Libido and Alcohol/Drugs... will there be a effect/cause relationship? Some chems could boost Libido and some chems lower it?

I "might" be able to do this since the "Fuck the pain away" tag skill already makes sexual satisfaction last less long, so I could just apply the same effect if you are drunk. So yeah might do it.

(3) Multiple Actor Situations [I am laughing at myself for just having typed that politically-correct phrase]... excellent news for my jet whore!

There are already Raider gangbangs in 1.6, I have yet to do Threesomes for parties but it is in the works. 

(17) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE also add slavery system to BD

I dunno if that's BD's bag baby. I'll have to think about it.

Etc...

1 hour ago, recursive said:

Lord @Tentacus, this unworthy peasant has compiled a bit of a design document that was largely inspired by your work and as such would like to propose it for your highest review, if you'd have the time and the will for that of course. https://gist.github.com/stronny/4b279015271e5d41b823eab9dc5cb3cb

Just please understand I'm already adding a ton of stuff and it's already super granular and hard to keep track of. There  are practical limits to what I can even consider.

18 hours ago, recursive said:

I've just checked, for me it doesn't -- either or, not both. (Indeed, I'm talking Velma here)

Okay, so I wasn't cranked on Jet, I swear. I tried putting on a hazmat suit just now and it didn't remove my eyeglasses!

Then I pulled up FO4Edit with my full plugins list, found the hazmat suit in the main BA2 file, and... lo and behold, I see that Armorsmith Extended does indeed blow away most of the body slots for the hazmat suit. I guess that explains my confusion.

2 hours ago, recursive said:

Oh, sorry for miscommunication, this is not so much a request to implement, rather a request to share comments.

I like an awful lot of the ideas present. They certainly align well with aspects of my philosophy though I think straying too far from the core mechanics of Fallout 4 in any mod is a fools errand. I was intrigued at the idea of removing levelling as it exists.

Personally I'd love to see someone make an adult survival game built from the ground up with these kinds of ideas. A true sandbox with a lot of small stakes stories. I wish the game design community would get over the idea of the "main quest" entirely.

30 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

straying too far from the core mechanics of Fallout 4 in any mod is a fools errand

I have a bit of a programming background myself, so I'm walking around F4SE in circles, but it requires some tooling that's new to me and I really really really want nothing to do with C++ if at all possible. I guess if the stars align I would explore what could be done with .NET wrt linking a dll and with F4SE's API wrt to bypassing the engine's limitations.

21 hours ago, recursive said:

Lord @Tentacus, this unworthy peasant has compiled a bit of a design document that was largely inspired by your work and as such would like to propose it for your highest review, if you'd have the time and the will for that of course. https://gist.github.com/stronny/4b279015271e5d41b823eab9dc5cb3cb

36 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I like an awful lot of the ideas present. They certainly align well with aspects of my philosophy though I think straying too far from the core mechanics of Fallout 4 in any mod is a fools errand. I was intrigued at the idea of removing levelling as it exists.

Personally I'd love to see someone make an adult survival game built from the ground up with these kinds of ideas. A true sandbox with a lot of small stakes stories. I wish the game design community would get over the idea of the "main quest" entirely.

That's basically my dream game as well, in broad strokes. An adult survival sandbox game with a fun/interesting gameplay loop that doesn't revolve around combat, but instead uses combat/violence as more of a last resort, with a focus on roleplaying opportunities and side stories.

The closest to that I've been able to come up with in FO4 is using Frost in conjunction with Hardship, Violate and Raider Pet. Frost makes about 99% of the NPCs hostile to you, so it's still a very combat-oriented experience (more than I'd like), but at least combat is brutal in a realistic way (no bullet sponges) and it does do a good job of making the Commonwealth feel like a truly dangerous and desperate place. The sanity system helps with this as well, as does the scarcity of ammo and other loot (small things like finding a bottle of bourbon can be an exciting thing when your character is about it go insane and needs to drink away the pain/trauma). And almost all of the vanilla quests are removed, so there's that benefit too.

Using Frost in combination with the other mods, the main gameplay loop is basically:

- Try to survive by searching the Commonwealth for sustenance and loot (chems/booze/weapons/ammo and stuff to sell to the few merchants scattered around so that you can buy more chems/booze/ammo/etc).

- Eventually lose in a fight to raiders and have Violate trigger. Either end up as a Raider Pet (if in an area with a raider boss) or escape naked and handcuffed with all your stuff stolen.

- Slowly sneak your way to Downtown (an underground location in Frost with friendly NPCs), convince someone to remove your handcuffs, and beg/whore yourself via Hardship to Downtown's inhabitants in order to survive, and to slowly save up enough money to buy some basic weapons/clothes.

- Seek revenge on your rapists and get your stuff back.

- Repeat.

It's pretty fun, it allows for some interesting scenarios to emerge, and from a roleplaying perspective it provides my character with a believable reason/motivation to engage with all the sex-related content. It also makes the world truly feel like a hostile and post-apocalyptic place. I wish there were some more safe/friendly/populated areas in Frost other than Downtown, though. That's my main issue with it.

Anyway, sorry if it's all a bit off-topic — I thought it was relevant to the discussion so I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else is looking for a similar FO4 experience.

(Now if only someone would make my dream-mod of taking Frost's interconnected subway system, clearing it of all enemies, filling it with non-hostile NPCs and basically turning it into a massive, sprawling underground city/slum that could be used as a playground for mods like Hardship...)

My main problem with Frost is the frost ehehe, I'd like to imagine a global warming instead with something like a heatstroke system ideally. That would nicely tie in with all the skimpy clothes and also I'm imagining some kind of either nude law and/or clothes being extremely rare, but these ideas do not have a consistent form in my head yet.

Basically yes there are ways to play the harsh survival, I can also mention Zombie Walkers that can really hit hard in this regard, depending on settings and other mods. I'd rather play more of a soft survival where you are unfit for the competition per se, but can still have fun in other ways if it makes sense.

There is also a 4-76 where you can have a much emptier world, but again, that's a fun mode of gameplay in its own right, but not the one I'm exploring in my mind at the moment.

Update:

I got some work done adding the new functions to the raider rape scripts, but I'm pretty busy with RL stuff today. When I have time to finish it I'll probably do a little playtesting to dial in the balance for "catching" Masochism, and deciding at what trauma levels permanent effects kick in.

I've gotta go back.

Back where?                                                          *Omenous music plays*

Back to Corvega!

image.png.725ffcaa8ab9f72b38421b306b07ada5.png   image.png.a157ed59d8b5ea9a493af426b29e2583.png

My main problem with Frost is the frost ehehe, I'd like to imagine a global warming instead with something like a heatstroke system ideally. That would nicely tie in with all the skimpy clothes and also I'm imagining some kind of either nude law and/or clothes being extremely rare, but these ideas do not have a consistent form in my head yet.

That's easy to alter though. I personally override Frost's weather system with Vivid Weathers (it gets rid of the ambient radiation too, which doesn't appeal to me), and Frost's snow textures with Badlands 2 for a desert feel. 

2 hours ago, recursive said:

I'd like to imagine a global warming instead

Some of the work coming out of the F4NV crowd might help with that. Lots of desert conversions and the like. This is a relatively comprehensive reference, but I also saw this uploaded a few days ago which looks pretty good.

Also, if you make a heat-based Frost alternative, you should so name it Parched.

1 hour ago, Yossarian13 said:

That's easy to alter though.

I didn't try Frost myself, but I was under the impression that it's a comprehensive overhaul in its own capacity, that is to say that further altering it would contradict its spirit if not conflict directly. I guess I may try it sometime in the future after all.

31 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

This is a relatively comprehensive reference, but I also saw this uploaded a few days ago which looks pretty good.

I saw both, sure. Retextures are good but only get you so much, Desperados breaks precombines if I remember correctly, and my """R I G""" is a laptop with 4750U so, yeah.

31 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

if you make a heat-based Frost alternative

To be honest I have a simple understanding of basic modding at this point, but I would not say I'm ready for anything serious.

I didn't try Frost myself, but I was under the impression that it's a comprehensive overhaul in its own capacity, that is to say that further altering it would contradict its spirit if not conflict directly. I guess I may try it sometime in the future after all.

I mean yeah, you're sort of correct. It's definitely part of the lore of the world that it's a nuclear winter. But the lore of the world is only contained in occasional notes scattered around the world, and only a handful mention the cold weather so it doesn't really break my immersion very much.

And yes, it's a very comprehensive overhaul, but that doesn't mean you can't load things after it, overwrite elements of it and make it your own (just be sensible and check FO4Edit for conflicts). I just use it as a base for my load order when I'm after a survival sandbox experience. Some of the changes I make are definitely not "lore-friendly" in the strict sense of the word, but it doesn't really matter in the end does it? Modding is all about tweaking/altering/combining things to your personal set of preferences.

If you ever want a desert texture overhaul that overrides Frost's winter textures and doesn't break precombines, I'll mention this again because it's fantastic: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46554

And now I'll shut up about Frost, haha. Sorry for hijacking your thread @Tentacus

13 minutes ago, Yossarian13 said:

If you ever want a desert texture overhaul that overrides Frost's winter textures and doesn't break precombines, I'll mention this again because it's fantastic: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46554

Hey, I completely agree that Badlands 2 is fantastic and I did use it previously myself and texture replacers shouldn't in general break precombines of course. Textures are very nice, but with time you want more is all I'm saying.

Okay, I want your opinion. 

Should I count getting wet/aroused before rape as masochistic thoughts? I set it like that at first but now I am having second thoughts. Someone could merely be hyper sexual/easily aroused, and still in no way desiring the attack.  

What do you think?

17 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Okay, I want your opinion. 

Should I count getting wet/aroused before rape as masochistic thoughts? I set it like that at first but now I am having second thoughts. Someone could merely be hyper sexual/easily aroused, and still in no way desiring the attack.  

What do you think?

A sensitive subject.  It depends on the tone you want to take.

This is a mod that fetishizes non-consensual sex and thus you have the leeway to present it with however much or however little realism you want.  This is fantasy, and we're here to have fun.  If you want to open the can of worms, though, physical stimulation and consent don't always overlap.  A person can absolutely not want to be assaulted and still be physically stimulated.  It's not always all-or-nothing, there's a lot of ugly gray area.  Acknowledging that can feel like another violation, and victims of sexual assault can feel further degraded by what can be perceived as the betrayal of their will by their body.  Some people could respond to that with pleasure, rationalized or not.  Masochistic thoughts.

Of course not everyone would respond that way.  For most it's just straight-up horrifying.  The non-consensual fetish, what a lot of us like about this mod and mods like this, is that it gives us an outlet to fantasize about the act of being taken against one's will.  While, in reality, as players of this game, we HAVE consented.  We're in control in the game.  And at the end of the day this is an exercise in escapism.

Short answer, some victims might respond with rationalizing masochistic thoughts, some might despise themselves for deriving unwilling physical pleasure from it, while for others and likely most there would be no pleasure at all.  Options cover your bases.  If an option isn't feasible, you have to consider your intended tone.  As you said, someone can be physically aroused without giving consent.

2 hours ago, twatwhat1876 said:

A sensitive subject.  It depends on the tone you want to take.

This is a mod that fetishizes non-consensual sex and thus you have the leeway to present it with however much or however little realism you want.  This is fantasy, and we're here to have fun.  If you want to open the can of worms, though, physical stimulation and consent don't always overlap.  A person can absolutely not want to be assaulted and still be physically stimulated.  It's not always all-or-nothing, there's a lot of ugly gray area.  Acknowledging that can feel like another violation, and victims of sexual assault can feel further degraded by what can be perceived as the betrayal of their will by their body.  Some people could respond to that with pleasure, rationalized or not.  Masochistic thoughts.

Of course not everyone would respond that way.  For most it's just straight-up horrifying.  The non-consensual fetish, what a lot of us like about this mod and mods like this, is that it gives us an outlet to fantasize about the act of being taken against one's will.  While, in reality, as players of this game, we HAVE consented.  We're in control in the game.  And at the end of the day this is an exercise in escapism.

Short answer, some victims might respond with rationalizing masochistic thoughts, some might despise themselves for deriving unwilling physical pleasure from it, while for others and likely most there would be no pleasure at all.  Options cover your bases.  If an option isn't feasible, you have to consider your intended tone.  As you said, someone can be physically aroused without giving consent.

Well said. I'm kind of a weirdo in that I really like to skirt the line of emotional realism while at the same tiime presenting something that is objectively a fantasy and not to be taken too serious. I always like playing with stuff like shame and guilt... especially the irrational kind... Probably comes from being mind poisoned by too much SM anime and manga :D

Anyway I think I'll go with my gut and remove the masochism aspect from that one menu. Thanks.

Not a weirdo.  Many of us would fall into that category if true.

Going with your gut is the safe route to go.  Emotional masochism can be tricky. For some playing this game is fantasy. Escapism was a word one used prior.  

Fantasy and reality are split here.  And while many  may consider it irrational,  it is more of a battle of primal drives versus what the conformist would say is "nornal".

The masos I know don't believe that safe or normalcy is "normal", but an illusion of resistance from what we are deep inside.  Knowing and acceptance of the darkness only allows us to see the light and be the better version of ourselves.

Love the work you do and only say do what you want to do.  Be true to yourself.

John