Captive Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays / Facial Tattoos / Males / Females)

54 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

Any ideas?

Well, I'm assuming you're using a 2K face correct? It could be that. I got 2K and face tattoos didn't work for me.

While on the subject: For shit's and giggles I went and tried sticking one of mod's overlays on. It didn't go so well. It would seem that the skin overlay was incompatible with the 2K face, creating a black face. Worst part was when I tried to remove it, I inadvertently created a piece of Dali-styled facial art in the spoilers below. Can't figure out how to fix it though. Putting on head-replacing headgear, opening looksmenu, player.sexchange, and exiting the cell didn't work. Probably have to start an entire new game, but I'm curious if you guys know any solutions.

Spoiler

puzzle.png.f22b67b6153156f40cac338e257bcb0c.png

@wdaigle

It seems that the problem is the resolution of the tattoo does not match the resolution of the face. Which version did you download? The version that I put a couple of messages above is experimental, for those who use faces in HD (2K). I don't know if it works and I left the link in case anyone wants to try it.

I only increased the resolutions and put them in a format similar to the one I used for the 1K versions.

The standard version (1K) is in the download section.

9 hours ago, g2798484 said:

Hide contents

Whoa ... Somehow, the vanilla texture of the body went to the face. You can see the panties and the bra.

When I started to create facial tattoos and skin overrides, and test them, I also suffered from something similar. I had to reinstall my facial textures again (Tobe Face Textures).

Edit: I think I know what happens. I'm sure that's the texture that goes behind the head, in the neck. It is a fix that exists for CBBE.

It is definitely not loading facial textures, but it does load the texture of the "back neck." You should reinstall the facial texture you use by default.

On 10/15/2019 at 4:59 PM, JBpy said:

@KyLeeKu 

Could you try it when you can? Thanks to Photoshop I did a 2K version it in 2 minutes, for those who use facial textures in 2K. Gimp has no way of making batch modifications with dds files.

My only problem is that I don't know if the formats I chose are the right ones.

Version with loose files. If it works, I will package it with CK and upload to the main page. 

CaptiveTattoos 2.2.7z 17.06 MB · 9 downloads

Hi. Sorry for taking so long to test this out. Thank you for putting the extra effort into it. It does work for all the normal face tattoos. But, the special ones, scars, burn, bytes don't show. I guess something to do with those being more involved or having depth. Good enough for me as is. Thanks again.

8 hours ago, JBpy said:

@wdaigle

It seems that the problem is the resolution of the tattoo does not match the resolution of the face. Which version did you download? The version that I put a couple of messages above is experimental, for those who use faces in HD (2K). I don't know if it works and I left the link in case anyone wants to try it.

I only increased the resolutions and put them in a format similar to the one I used for the 1K versions.

The standard version (1K) is in the download section.

YES!

My 2K face was the problem.

Success!  Thank you!!!!

Example of "enslaved main character preset" with some wounds from other mods: (enhanced by yours):

Spoiler

20191020141731_1.jpg.948156ea9993e8ae735e872f0743e476.jpg

I'm enjoying a lot the mod. I tried to edit my (11) tattoos to check out the new ones, and I had a surprise: I had a tattoo duplicated: "(Back Low) My Purpose". I could remove the duplicate ok. But I wanted to remove all instances to change it, and when I tried, the "My Purpose" came back replacing another one. Every time I try to edit it or remove it, it would just take the place of another tattoo (deleting it). In fact, I don't know if the initially duplicated "My Purpose" was replacing  another i didn't notice. So basically I cannot remove it from my character's skin in any way. Did I do something wrong, or is there a bug with that specific tattoo?

On another matter, the "(Butt) Use me" breaks when trying to move the Offset Y.

15 minutes ago, alm1 said:

I'm enjoying a lot the mod. I tried to edit my (11) tattoos to check out the new ones, and I had a surprise: I had a tattoo duplicated: "(Back Low) My Purpose"

. I could remove the duplicate ok. But I wanted to remove all instances to change it, and when I tried, the "My Purpose" came back replacing another one. Every time I try to edit it or remove it, it would just take the place of another tattoo (deleting it). In fact, I don't know if the initially duplicated "My Purpose" was replacing  another i didn't notice. So basically I cannot remove it from my character's skin in any way. Did I do something wrong, or is there a bug with that specific tattoo?

It's a LooksMenu thing. The first time it happened to me (with the cum overlays) I went crazy and had to remove them all. But, if I remember correctly, if it happens again, you should save the game and reload before removing tattoos.

1 minute ago, Maxw3ll said:

Not that i know

20191027200830_1.jpg

Yeah, should at least still appear in the menu even if the resolutions are mismatched. Tried putting it last in your load order? Reinstalling? Tested from a new start and not an existing save?

10 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yeah, should at least still appear in the menu even if the resolutions are mismatched. Tried putting it last in your load order? Reinstalling? Tested from a new start and not an existing save?

Reinstal and Load Order is my 1x1 Troubleshoot, but i try a new start

@Maxw3ll  

From what I see, the other "LooksMenu Customization Compendium" options do not appear either. Is probably a mod that is blocking you LMCC. I know that "Race Customizer" does that (and has a patch to make it compatible with LMCC). I don't know what other mod could do that.

Check if LMCC is active in your mod organizer. Or reinstall it.

Check if you have not recently added a mod that could interfere with LMCC. One that changes the file-path of the player's meshes.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:51 PM, Maxw3ll said:

I didnt had LMCC. It worked without before. Now i have more options, but not the wanted one.

Still couldn't find a solution? I still can't catch what problem could be.

Another possibility would be that the XML files have been modified, but if you have deleted and reinstalled the mod that is not possible.

If you still have a problem, put your mod list here and I will see if I can replicate it. Im suspecting a couple of mods that could affect facial tattoos. Gender Specific Skeleton and RaceCustomizer. But could be others ...

14 hours ago, JBpy said:

Still couldn't find a solution? I still can't catch what problem could be.

Another possibility would be that the XML files have been modified, but if you have deleted and reinstalled the mod that is not possible.

If you still have a problem, put your mod list here and I will see if I can replicate it. Im suspecting a couple of mods that could affect facial tattoos. Gender Specific Skeleton and RaceCustomizer. But could be others ...

First of all, Thank you. I appreciate that you try to help me.

After manually overwriting them, none of them where visible and could not leave looksmenu.Had to crash it.

Then it worked somehow, most where visible, some not, just copies of the last viewed.

Reinstall again, now none of them are visible + when checking skins, getting that weird face/skin

LoadOrder_Fallout4_2019-10-29T19-33-42.txt NMM Mod list.txt

I think it's all normal except for the almost 300 mods lol. 

Tattoos that are repeated because the others do not load happen because the textures are compressed in the wrong format . The game may not be rendering those textures because it is overloaded with mods. I mean, I don't know NMM or how works. But on page 2 and 3 of this topic there are two NMM users who have already commented having problems with the tattoos.

From Tentacus:

"NMM is pretty antiquated at this point and you will have issues with a lot of mods. Do yourself a favor and learn to use Mod Organizer 2. There is a learning curve but it is 1000x superior to everything else. It makes trying new mods much easier as nothing is ever saved over. Getting rid of a mod's every file is as easy as deleting one folder. I've been using the old MO forever with Skyrim and New Vegas and now that it's mature MO2 is just stunningly good. "

Im now on Mo2.

F4se

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch

LooksMenu

WhippedAndBranded

CaptiveTattoos

They show, some are still repeated, and looking skin overlay also resoves in that weird face problem

Main issue is solved for now, i continue to install and check every couple mods unti i find what could intere.

@wdaigle Exact same thing happens to me but im using 8k body with 4k face. Body tattoos work fine, skin overlays create this exact "brown face" that @g2798484 posted and face tats dont show up at all. Im aware its because of the resolution incompatibility but still sucks how you have to choose between high resolution skin and sick tats+overlays. Any workaround or are you forced to choose?

MitchJones

How about this? It is a cheap solution for those who wish to keep their faces in 2K or 4K. Copy it and paste it into the DATA folder, to replace the original XML.

Overrides with no facial textures (No Unique Player).7z

Overrides with no facial textures(Unique Player).7z

The difference is in the skin overrides. With this XML you will maintain the facial texture that you originally have. Tell me later how it went.

I will update soon. I have to fix the mess I made with the first skin override :astonished: