[Solved] Blood Not Fading/Clearing from PC's Body Problem

I've noticed recently that when injured the blood splatters on my pc are no longer clearing. If I reload the save, or if remove the under armour it will then disappear. Also if I'm wounded again the new blood effect/tint removes the earlier ones.

I have a stable mod order, I rarely add new mods and never remove without starting a new game. On this occasion I had added a couple of clothing mods and Tats After Rape mod but have tested by removing them and then using an old save before they were added (from last November) and the same is happening

I have also verified the FO4 files on Steam in case something had got corrupted.

I'm somewhat foxed by this, it seems that the routine that clears blood or refreshes the pc  is no longer working but I can't think of what would cause it. I'm hoping someone here can give me a pointer as to where to look to sort this out. It's not a game breaker but it is getting a bit annoying.

Edited by Slorm
Added detail
  • Slorm changed the title to [Solved] Blood Not Fading/Clearing from PC's Body Problem
  • 1 year later...
10 hours ago, r3db4aron said:

I cannot find the solution to this problem. It seems to be due to a mod but it is frustrating.

It is usually caused by a mod that adds/generates an .ini file which has something like the following line in it:

fDecalLifetime=360.0000

The default is 30 so change it to:

fDecalLifetime=30.0000

I know that AAF Purgatory adds this but others may as well so you'll need to check through your /data folder.

From memory (and I might be wrong here) I vaguely recall that Commonwealth Slavers may also make a change but there have been a number of updates since I last used the mod so it may have changed.