Stadia is coming November 2019

So how may Google Stadia affect these new kind of gameplay?

Google Stadia at Techradar

Pro: No more high end CPU and GPU is required, only a fast internet line. Bad for AMD, Intel and NVidia

Pro: For distributors, no warez versions out in the wilderness

Con: No game on your computer, so no more modding possible

Con: You cant buy and own a game and your access can be denied / censored anytime for any reason

I see a great impact coming, if Google make it smooth for game distributors to jump on their platform. With an old dualcore laptop and intel graphics the Google Testpage

assumes that i can do 4K gaming with it. Their policy also push IPv6 forward, to have a end2end identification of every user.

How long until you can pre-order your rental game?

How long until an AAA publisher releases a game exclusively on the rental platform?

How many games at release will have lootboxes and DLC?

Remember, it can only get worse.

Spoiler

I don't see it as competing with pc, maybe some console but at most a small impact in the long run if it gains any traction. This looks more appealing to the mobile game crowd or people who use streaming services in the home but don't own any game capable hardware otherwise.  The network requirements leave out too much of the pc and console market to even be considered a competitor for a very long time.  ISP data caps as well there is no such thing as high speed internet in too many places for this thing to really get very far right now.

In any case this doesn't displace pc  at all, the hardware is intel x86 based cpu's and custom vega gpus so if you developed games for that there is not much work to then release it on any pc or console.

On 7/15/2019 at 3:22 PM, Zethaneff said:

No game on your computer, so no more modding possible

You cant buy and own a game and your access can be denied / censored anytime for any reason

Don't you just love waking up one day and finding out that you can't access a game anymore for even the most simplest of reasons? Or how about not being able to mod a PC game by installing a sex mod? Stadia is going to flop harder than Onlive.

Eeeeewwwwww! might as well be excited about taking a shit because the whole thing stinks just as bad too. This is basically the same idea as maximum taxation and throughout history it has always failed badly and usually happened near the death of a govt or country. Regardless of how fast the internet is there is no near term it just works super duper fast internet for ALL users of gaming capable devices that includes cell phones. No way 5g is going to cut it this will take a lot longer to happen. Get back to me when we have completely uninterrupted internet speeds that are even faster than fiber available for ALL devices that includes tablets and computers and phones then maybe the average normie bends over for this stupid garbage without hesitation. I don't think most countries will last long enough to get something like this going correctly google is just wasting money and time.

Not to mention all those spyware tracking they add in the background just when you play the game.. no thanks that is why i only played off-line games never online games even if they supplies them for free i still wont play them. I always avoided games that require constant online stuff no game need to be on-line all the time especially is it is a single player game.

But as you can see the gaming market saturated and they are trying to reinvent how they steal your hard earned cashe.. i still dont see the most impotant thing when are they fine companies that relase buggy shit... games in unplayable state that crashes all the time ?

On 7/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, 1way said:

Don't you just love waking up one day and finding out that you can't access a game anymore for even the most simplest of reasons?

As a long time gamer I have a pile of game discs in a box that no longer function because the on-line validation server was taken down years ago.  This Stadia thing will fly like a lead balloon and nobody who is serious about gaming will even consider it as an option.

I dont see this as a solution your country is in war with the country supply the game you are banned but are still a paying customer This gotta suck.. due to sanctions we cant let you play this game at this time.. come back when the war is over..

Remember that guy that leaked the anthem gameplay a little early? Remember what happened to ALL his games in his account? Yeah thats right GONE just like that. He could have been simply denied any further access to then the early version of anthem but no they had to wipe out his whole account. What he did was a legal thing which should have prompted a legal response only but instead some ass at the developer removed all his games just like that. Professionals don't run these companies only immature assholes run them. They have some crazy idea they thing will work meanwhile in reality we get moar of nothing while the industry goes down further.

Later on who knows maybe you say something bad on youtube or crapper and suddenly not only are your social accounts not working anymore but all your games too and your employer is requesting you take a visit to HR for a firing.

Just let it burn don't buy anything at all and watch the whole thing go down the toilet making room for new companies that just want to make successful products to come along and make games entertaining again.

My thoughts about Google stadia: ????????

- You just read a high-quality-comment, you're welcome -

Law is still years behind when it comes to (proper) digital rights and licenses (that don't screw the consumers) and now they're trying (again) to create a platform where (primarily) publishers have even more "grey zones" from the law to do fraudulent shit, scam us and take away our ownership rights.

No, thank you, i don't put my dick in crazy...

Games as a service is a scam. This can only get much much worse!

In the past when Google has asked everyone to give up their freedom of choice, the public has responded negatively.

So Google in league with corporations and various agencies simply changes the rules ( and software) until the need to ask you for permission is a null event.

However, once the average joe realises that they can now play their favourite game on their handheld device, they will flock to the altar of Google like sheep.

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.

And they state it the Stadia would not be Netflix of gaming, nor a console, and they ain't making their controller user friendly to mobile games, and the subcribsion fee is way too higher then any mobile plans would bill you.

Stadia is a total flop, it will go on as the path of google glass, the first batch send out, then nothing would happens.

Normies won't pay another mobile bill just for playing mobile games, the had their phone already.

Gigglesnort! So they actually require you to pay for the games in addition to the Stadia monthly fee. And you can only access them trough the net, can't download them like the Games Pass and such, so you can't play them during service or network outage, period.

Well, this idea was born dead ?

Spoiler

Archived