SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

Does anyone know/encountered mods that are incompatible with SL Stories? Most aspects of the mod work, but starting Red Wave in any way (alternate start or slavery sell) crashes the game and I have yet to find the culprit. I know it worked pre-AE updates, but a lot has changed since then.

crash-2023-03-07-22-16-37.log

(plugins are ordered by loot but I moved them last to check something) 

The rest of the mod seems to work. I found some minor (or at least to be expected) incompatibilities with Demonic Creatures (BroodMaiden). It places some new enemies in some places and when you alternate start there they attack you because Stories does not "know them" to make them peaceful. That is to be expected. 

Edited by FireSplitter
19 hours ago, FireSplitter said:

Does anyone know/encountered mods that are incompatible with SL Stories? Most aspects of the mod work, but starting Red Wave in any way (alternate start or slavery sell) crashes the game and I have yet to find the culprit. I know it worked pre-AE updates, but a lot has changed since then.

crash-2023-03-07-22-16-37.log 41.89 kB · 3 downloads

(plugins are ordered by loot but I moved them last to check something) 

The rest of the mod seems to work. I found some minor (or at least to be expected) incompatibilities with Demonic Creatures (BroodMaiden). It places some new enemies in some places and when you alternate start there they attack you because Stories does not "know them" to make them peaceful. That is to be expected. 

that looks like it might be a facegen issue. try regenerating the facegen for the mod.

The crash log is complaining about this NPC in particular:
Name: "Aela the Nord Bitch"
FormID: 0xD501CFE6

44 minutes ago, zarantha said:

that looks like it might be a facegen issue. try regenerating the facegen for the mod.

The crash log is complaining about this NPC in particular:
Name: "Aela the Nord Bitch"
FormID: 0xD501CFE6

Strange... I just got roped in for the Red Wave by Simple Slavery tonight and Aela is there, without a crash.

Maybe a conflict with another mod?

49 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Strange... I just got roped in for the Red Wave by Simple Slavery tonight and Aela is there, without a crash.

Maybe a conflict with another mod?

It could be a conflict (facepaint maybe) or it could be a bad install. Usually the fastest way to fix is just redo the facegen though. or if you're lazy, use that mod that does it on the fly, it can fix some of them, but not all. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

It could be a conflict (facepaint maybe) or it could be a bad install. Usually the fastest way to fix is just redo the facegen though. or if you're lazy, use that mod that does it on the fly, it can fix some of them, but not all. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

I already use that mod. I tried looking into CK on SL Stories but I cant find actor "Aela the Nord Bitch".  Me stupid, found it. Still crash:

crash-2023-03-09-11-30-23.log

I wonder how to figure out who is conflicting with...

Edited by FireSplitter
17 hours ago, FireSplitter said:

I already use that mod. I tried looking into CK on SL Stories but I cant find actor "Aela the Nord Bitch".  Me stupid, found it. Still crash:

crash-2023-03-09-11-30-23.log 40.18 kB · 0 downloads

I wonder how to figure out who is conflicting with...

What mod are providing these?
textures\Actors\Character\Character Assets\TintMasks\MaleHeadNordWarPaint_02.dds

textures\actors\character\female\FemaleHead_sk.dds

data\TEXTURES\actors\character\female\femaleheaddetail_rough.dds

in mo2, you can right click, select information and look at the conflicts. or browse the virtual file system using the data tab to see what mod is winning a particular for a particular file.

Vortex should do something similar, but i don't remember how.

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

What mod are providing these?
textures\Actors\Character\Character Assets\TintMasks\MaleHeadNordWarPaint_02.dds

textures\actors\character\female\FemaleHead_sk.dds

data\TEXTURES\actors\character\female\femaleheaddetail_rough.dds

in mo2, you can right click, select information and look at the conflicts. or browse the virtual file system using the data tab to see what mod is winning a particular for a particular file.

Vortex should do something similar, but i don't remember how.

None for the first, unless is inside some BSA, but no loose files for MaleHeadNordWarPaint_02.dds

The second two are provided by Fair Skin Complexion.

And it crashes without Fair Skin Complexion also (then is only CBBE left). I also tried to have WarpaintHD, just to provide the .dds but the effect is the same.

Edited by FireSplitter
11 hours ago, FireSplitter said:

None for the first, unless is inside some BSA, but no loose files for MaleHeadNordWarPaint_02.dds

The second two are provided by Fair Skin Complexion.

And it crashes without Fair Skin Complexion also (then is only CBBE left). I also tried to have WarpaintHD, just to provide the .dds but the effect is the same.

I'm not sure then. Normally the messages in your crash log are a facegen issue, but if you've regenerated it and it still occurs, and occurs while disabling the only other mod you know that uses those textures, then all i know is to troubleshoot it the hard way.

it might help to reinstall the mod, but if that doesn't work then keep the sl stories and it's requirements, and see if the crash occurs with just that mod on a new game. If it doesn't, add in your mods one at a time until you find the conflict.

16 hours ago, zarantha said:

I'm not sure then. Normally the messages in your crash log are a facegen issue, but if you've regenerated it and it still occurs, and occurs while disabling the only other mod you know that uses those textures, then all i know is to troubleshoot it the hard way.

it might help to reinstall the mod, but if that doesn't work then keep the sl stories and it's requirements, and see if the crash occurs with just that mod on a new game. If it doesn't, add in your mods one at a time until you find the conflict.

Oh well, after spending quite a lot of time removing mods/creating saves/testing, by accident I found the culprit.

The culprit is the mod that was supposed to fix the facegen, Face Discoloration Fix https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441 (I have no idea why I did not start with that, guess one does not test the actual fix lol)

Removing that solves the issue, but I am wondering why? Does it try to generate during runtime something that is bad, or I am missing some file? I wish the fix would work, since there are quite a few other NPC (from other mods) that can be helped by it.

Could it be that something is wrong with Aela the Nord Bitch? Something that could make the above fix crash.  

I had about a 15hour playthrough and testing the new load and I have not seen any problems with other NPCs. Got into this crash after being sold to red wave from simple slavery. After that I use the CCAS to directly alternate start into the Red Wave to test it. 

2 hours ago, Eileen1968 said:

From Github it sounds like Family Ties got converted to SE and is in testing?

(https://github.com/SkyrimLL/Skyrim/milestone/20?closed=1)

If so, any idea of release time frame?

Sorry for asking, but I find Github hard to navigate and understand.

It is still a couple of months away at least. 

I still have to set up SE pages for most of my mods. The next ones up are hormones and stories, followed by SD, dialogues and Alicia.

I am still trying to figure out/fix the crash and there is something that I missed. When I generated the facegen data I only did:

Open CK -> Set as active SL Stories -> Find Alea The Nord Bitch -> Crtl + F4 -> close and start game (texture and mesh generated in overwrite folder)

But I did not check if the face of the NPC is correct and it is not. It is black. What am I doing wrong?

Also CK shows: 

image.png.878c42357244b2fe1c08d426c380342e.png

Does this look bad?

Edited by FireSplitter

Either Devious Devices or Sanguine does something weird to Dx Celes Nightingale hood where her hair doesn't show anymore under it.. I had another Daedric hood from I think Book of UNP that did the same thing then totally broke where I couldn't even equip it. Maybe it has something to do with the slot it uses because I could equip that and the circlet horns from DX Demon armor (looked really nice together) 

Also I noticed with those plugins enabled anywhere I saved out in the open world "Skyrim" area turned to "Unknown Location"... not sure what that's all about but when I disabled those 2 mods the saves out in Tamriel all say skyrim again lol..   

Could be my load order, idk.. it's getting up there with 140 plugins but  I have almost 400 hours on this save with little to no issues till today when I decided I wanted to check out Sanguine... needless to say disabled those 2, loaded into a save before I went on this little adventure and purged all the autos, quick saves, and a couple hard saves I made past that... The few hours I played tonight to see if things were stable ain't a big deal to lose.

Anyone had that happen before?

9 hours ago, flux003 said:

Either Devious Devices or Sanguine does something weird to Dx Celes Nightingale hood where her hair doesn't show anymore under it.. I had another Daedric hood from I think Book of UNP that did the same thing then totally broke where I couldn't even equip it. Maybe it has something to do with the slot it uses because I could equip that and the circlet horns from DX Demon armor (looked really nice together) 

Also I noticed with those plugins enabled anywhere I saved out in the open world "Skyrim" area turned to "Unknown Location"... not sure what that's all about but when I disabled those 2 mods the saves out in Tamriel all say skyrim again lol..   

Could be my load order, idk.. it's getting up there with 140 plugins but  I have almost 400 hours on this save with little to no issues till today when I decided I wanted to check out Sanguine... needless to say disabled those 2, loaded into a save before I went on this little adventure and purged all the autos, quick saves, and a couple hard saves I made past that... The few hours I played tonight to see if things were stable ain't a big deal to lose.

Anyone had that happen before?

The DD device hider uses long hair slot 41. You could try disabling it. As a consequence, devices will no longer be hidden even when it would make sense for them to not show.

The unknown location is just a cosmetic issue. some areas are missing the location name. you could try regional save names to see if that fixes it. i don't recall if it does.

if it really bugs you before DBF fixes it and that mod doesn't fix it, it's an easy enough change to do with xedit.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/49698

20 minutes ago, zarantha said:

The DD device hider uses long hair slot 41. You could try disabling it. As a consequence, devices will no longer be hidden even when it would make sense for them to not show.

The unknown location is just a cosmetic issue. some areas are missing the location name. you could try regional save names to see if that fixes it. i don't recall if it does.

if it really bugs you before DBF fixes it and that mod doesn't fix it, it's an easy enough change to do with xedit.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/49698

And even then, it will not fix region names for custom mods unless they fix that too.

I believe I fixed that issue in the next version of SD+. 

I got delayed releasing it but I am still working on getting all my mods out for SE.