There's a new alternative to FNIS

Yeah except the part where he told authors straight up their mods will never appear under his framework, and yet broke ass stuff like anubs and bakafactory are allowed with enumeration like babby's first freedeeessmax agugugu and with expectations of getting paid to make bad behavior files and what is this with nary a peep

Sounds promising, but I think I will wait a bit until it is out Beta or for it to work for mods that need FNIS. It's new, so it will probably take time and I not even close to that animation limit, so it isn't a big concern of mine right now (I only have 2000 animations, had 3000; but uninstalled some mods for a more stable game).

I have a problem with nemesis, i just converted from FNIS to Nemesis and my game crashes ON the bethesda logo screen, i found out it was due to the large number of animations 17k to be exact anything below 15k is completely fine, I've uninstalled FNIS, I have seen other people able to load skyrim with over 20k animations so I kinda need a fix, and also if theirs any way to directly contact the mod author please let me know

1 hour ago, HaloGalaxy said:

I have seen other people able to load skyrim with over 20k animations so I kinda need a fix, and also if theirs any way to directly contact the mod author please let me know

The max number of anims is entirely system dependent, there is no absolute. Also you assuming people with more anims have the same of three types of behavior files, which have different max amounts, as you do is just that; an assumption.

On 4/22/2020 at 1:20 AM, darkrias.rose said:

Does nemesis work with basic sl mods like defeat and others?

It supposedly works with sexlab (human animations) right out of the box.

edit: If sexlab animations work, sexlab mods will work. Nemesis just handles combining and serving the animation and behavior files for the mods.

What I've found is that nemesis specifically doesn't work with Leito's animation pack, and it crashes very fast if a just little thing isn't in the right order. If it doesn't crash and leito's animations are installed then characters ingame will move around in idle poses, not walking, can't jump either or fight.

I am sticking with FNIS. It clearly messes with the XPMSE skeleton in some way. The Loverslab animations were just horrible or didn't work. Nemesis just gives me a frikkin headache using it with MO2 so I ditched Nemesis. In other words it isn't running and causing CTDs I didn't get before. Long live FNIS.

• 3 weeks later...

i can attest to that, since the mod tends to mess up a lot of animations like tk dodge and such. in where the dodge animation plays but there will be no movement whatsover. and i am not joking the author himself blames the problem on other mods. not only that a bunch entitled idiots tend to flood the bug report section.  spamming nothing but useless messages and harassing anyone reporting the same problem.  

• 3 weeks later...

Does Nemesis crash when loading animations for anyone else? Most times I run it, it crashes between 67-77%, but there are times where it works totally fine. It seems random as to whether it crashes or not. I am running it through MO2 on an external drive if that helps.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:47 PM, MadMansGun said:

i think it's more to do with laziness and/or people doing bad edits to the behavior files that he just does not want to deal with.

but god fucking dammit i want a fucking patch for "Play as a Dragon"

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92589/

I didn't know this was a thing until today.
I am now also sad we don't have a FNIS patch for it. :( 

I'm tempted to get it anyways and do a non-naughty run as a dragon, because dragons.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had nemesis up and running before I modded in SL and pretty much everything SL related for SSE. 

Current animation count with all SL SSE ported animations, couple poser and couple other animation mods (DAR), running at close to 26,000 animations.

Anyways, long story short, AFAIK all non-creature animations work 100%.  Going to test out creatures to see if I was able to fix them last night.

I seen somewhere else someone said SLAL (animation loader) didn't work with nemesis; only gave you a blank screen with logo in MCM.  I had same problem, but realized after waiting a minute that SLAL took awhile to open up fully in MCM due to all the animation packs installed.  I made sure to manually activate all the animations I wanted, counted 'em all (lil over 500) and registered and double checked them against SL to ensure they showed up; they did.  Before SL only gave me 1 page of animations, now with SLAL registered animations its like 5 pages worth. 

Alright, well looks like even with SLAL MCM animations loading into SL MCM correctly creature animations seem borked with Nemesis.

So I suppose if you really really want creature animations you must use FNIS. 

If I could pinpoint why I'm guessing because Nemesis doubles the animation count?  FNIS gave me like 13k animations while Nemesis counted 26k in total; so my assumption is Nemesis doubles SL animations going over SL animation count limit?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 11:54 AM, Luka10 said:

Does this actually replace FNIS though can you still use all the mods that require FNIS with this instead?

Pretty sure the cat guy explained this somewhere else in this massive forum... But Nemesis only replaces FNIS if you don;t use specific mods that require FNIS. You'll need to use both to get everything to work properly, otherwise, by generating FNIS, turning it off, and using Nemesis+FNIS Dummy plug-in.

• 2 weeks later...