No, it's not a matter of knowing what my mods do.  But I was describing a problem that happened from being "rescued" 3 times in a row, stacking my bounty each time, until Survival guards took me back to headquarters in Solitude, or I got stuck in prison.  Some of those mods had the default bounty at 1000 which meant you pretty much instantly become kos.  I lowered the bounties a few days ago and went down all the mcm trying to set it up so only one mod modified a given value. 

21 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I'm glad somebody knows what all these mods do, as I can't even remember what the ones I develop do without checking the source.

Well, there are always the undocumented features...that the dev probably did intend to document sooner or later.  Or the undocumented features, that the dev thinks you're a milk drinker for needing your hand held.  While the dev might have a point, for the purposes of troubleshooting, the markers and alerts are important.  That's my problem with another mod.  "You don't need quest markers..." we don't but they help me figure out where a quest might be bugged.

6 hours ago, delgathar said:

Well, there are always the undocumented features...that the dev probably did intend to document sooner or later.  Or the undocumented features, that the dev thinks you're a milk drinker for needing your hand held.  While the dev might have a point, for the purposes of troubleshooting, the markers and alerts are important.  That's my problem with another mod.  "You don't need quest markers..." we don't but they help me figure out where a quest might be bugged.

Sounds like there are a lot of things going off at once in your game. My suggestion would be to create a profile with just STA and SLS + support mods and turn spanking up to the maximum and try all the same things again to get a handle on what should normally happen. 

SLS is usually pretty verbose about giving you a bounty and never intentionally tries to have the guards attack you but skyrim guard behavior is kind of unpredictable. Usually they guard will give you a choice -> Eg. your clothes or a 500 gold bounty. 

Finally installed this and I think I'm very glad I did :) Two questions, the latter of which is guaranteed to annoy. 1) How do the "basic player spank npc mechanics" work? I can't seem to trigger PC->NPC spanks, no matter how many innocent citizens of Whiterun I sprint into. 2) Is it possible to turn off NPC->PC spanks? I thought I'd configured everything off for a dom PC but they still wound up getting what I think was a proximity spank (side question: are those distinct from bump spanks?) from a PAH slave. 

There remains a fundamental dialog conflict problem.

Pretty much any time an NPC invites you to talk, if you talk at that time, you will create horribly flickering, unreadable dialog.

An option to disable the text for the PC's dialog and play only sounds would resolve this.

3 hours ago, Mikarun said:

Finally installed this and I think I'm very glad I did :) Two questions, the latter of which is guaranteed to annoy. 1) How do the "basic player spank npc mechanics" work? I can't seem to trigger PC->NPC spanks, no matter how many innocent citizens of Whiterun I sprint into. 2) Is it possible to turn off NPC->PC spanks? I thought I'd configured everything off for a dom PC but they still wound up getting what I think was a proximity spank (side question: are those distinct from bump spanks?) from a PAH slave. 

99% of the mod content is npc-> player spanking. There's only a spell to spank an npc but its mostly just a utility to move npcs out of the way or off of furniture. 

Pah slaves will 'spanks you once and then be excluded. The spank effect won't actually happen but the dialog will. This avoids the need for heavy cell scans that would not be worth it imo. 

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

There remains a fundamental dialog conflict problem.

Pretty much any time an NPC invites you to talk, if you talk at that time, you will create horribly flickering, unreadable dialog.

An option to disable the text for the PC's dialog and play only sounds would resolve this.

Always use dummy is disabled?

On 7/7/2020 at 2:41 AM, Monoman1 said:

99% of the mod content is npc-> player spanking. There's only a spell to spank an npc but its mostly just a utility to move npcs out of the way or off of furniture. 

Ohhh, it's a spell! Found it, tried it, and it's so great. A+++ would download for the spank spell alone. No one is ever getting in between my Dragonborn and a door again!

On 7/7/2020 at 2:41 AM, Monoman1 said:

Pah slaves will 'spanks you once and then be excluded. The spank effect won't actually happen but the dialog will. This avoids the need for heavy cell scans that would not be worth it imo. 

Neat... I didn't realize the mod knew about PAH slaves

A minor conflict between Devious Followers but it might not matter depending on how the var is used. I was just trying to figure out why running into people isn't triggering spanks most of the time, if ever. I don't know if load order matter so this is all i could really find.

dwill.png.540843311597bb50a126e3d7d218bf96.png

Edit: The consequences of it could be for example if STA is loaded after DF, the type is shortint and therefore DF's scripts can't assign float values like 3.3 to it.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

A minor conflict between Devious Followers but it might not matter depending on how the var is used. I was just trying to figure out why running into people isn't triggering spanks most of the time, if ever. I don't know if load order matter so this is all i could really find.

It's not the reason for not getting spanked for running into Npcs. But it does need to be changed just in case. Bump spanks are triggered by the shared (among other mods and vanilla) event ActorCollideWithActor. It could be that too many mods are trying to use this event diluting it down for STA. 

Are you sprinting? Have you tried the beta a page or two back?

Edit: That _DWill global is no longer used in any STA scripts in the beta. So it can be safely deleted from the mod. Must have forgotten to do this myself. 

42 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

It's not the reason for not getting spanked for running into Npcs.

This is old news, but I thought you updated STA?

As Monoman is aware, the type of the global is meaningless. Skyrim does nothing with it.

2 hours ago, mangalo said:

I've been using it for a few weeks, nothing wrong to report really (although I didn't intensively test it)

Thanks.

"I haven't noticed any problem" is as good feedback as I could want. 

8 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I was just trying to figure out why running into people isn't triggering spanks most of the time, i

I forgot that what you're wearing plays an important part. Generally, armor protects your bits. Get naked and try it. I can't remember off-hand what conditions the body slot item must have. Definitely:

Naked.

Probably:

Bikini armor + SLS bikini keyword.

Slutty clothes flag in SLAX. 

I tested the Beta for a couple of hours. I noticed the following things

1. Device spanking is working again (I am using DFC)

2. I use the default values in MCM: My char no longer shows any dynamic progress from "Hates spanking" to "loves spanking". Before the Beta it was always moving. However the state changes as soon as I move the slider for progress speed. I think default is 0.5. When I set it to 0.2 it switches to "love spanking" and at 0.3 to "likes spanking". I am writing this from the top of my head, so I hope I got the numbers right.

16 minutes ago, Rolgar said:

However the state changes as soon as I move the slider for progress speed.

If you're changing the step size then it will immediately change (probably) because you are changing at what values of masochism you switch from Hates/dislikes/likes/loves.

By default:

0.0 - 0.5 = hates

0.5 - 1.0 = dislikes

1.0 - 1.5 likes

> 1.5 = loves

By changing the step size you are moving these 'goal posts'

The value to track is masochism. This should change, every game hour I think. Depending on how many times you've been spanked. How much pain you're in. How many devices you're wearing. 

sorry did not know there was a beta (somehow notifications to this thread got lost, fixed again hopefully).

upgraded to 3.9 (from 3.7)

everything that was in 3.7 still works just fine.

cannot adjust the 2 new sliders in the bump spanks area (stagger slider and vibration slider) off 0.

adjust and try to tell it ok and it resets to 0.

tried upgrading mid game, mid game with clean save, and new game.  same results in each case.

tried toggling off bump spanks in MCM, exited MCM (waited 2 min) then toggled bump spanks on in MCM, exited MCM (waited 2 min again) then tried to adjust.

same results.

new game was minimum install (dlcs, usleep, fnis, xpmse, Sexlab, SLAX, STA and their requirements).

not sure why it will not let me adjust those sliders (at least on the new game).

57 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

not sure why it will not let me adjust those sliders (at least on the new game).

They're the two new sliders but I can not recreate any issues with them on my end. 

Double check that the scripts/esp are not being overwritten by something / redownload and reinstall maybe?

Anyone else have the same problem?

47 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

just installed have a missing master file required notice? hunterborn .esp ? is this required? 

Hunterborn is not a master....?

Untitled.jpg.2642a62a92fbe74fe3e3d75d551dfaeb.jpg

Edit. Wait you're talking about the optional esp with the recipes for skin balm? Don't use it if you don't have hunterborn. 

will try it again as i don't use Hunterborn.

i just did a straight install from the download. it just installed without a choice in exp to install.

will redownload and install again (and if it does same install will crack the zip file to check for optional esp files).

will post again tomorrow about results.

@Monoman1

edit 

redownloaded and reinstallation done ... testing shows it works now.... guess download or installation was off before but had no

notices that something went wrong (usually i get a notice).

so problem solved.  (sigh i have not had to redownload a mod from here in a long looonngg time and did not think to try that).

thanks for the Help and your work is still awesom.

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Anyone else have the same problem?

Can confirm. Those two sliders refuse to change from 0 for me too. The other sliders work fine. It happens both when updating the mod on an existing save and when starting a new game/fresh save. I've got nothing overwriting any files from STA other than a couple of sound files (I have STA winning the conflict between STA and Devious Followers Continued with _sta_spankutil.pex, I'm assuming that's correct with the latest version of DF?). Nothing of any significance being overwritten in the esp either.

12 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

Can confirm. Those two sliders refuse to change from 0 for me too. The other sliders work fine. It happens both when updating the mod on an existing save and when starting a new game/fresh save. I've got nothing overwriting any files from STA other than a couple of sound files (I have STA winning the conflict between STA and Devious Followers Continued with _sta_spankutil.pex, I'm assuming that's correct with the latest version of DF?). Nothing of any significance being overwritten in the esp either.

Yea. STA should overwrite DFs version of SpankUtil scripts. Can't explain it :S

Try redownload/reinstall. And is it the same on a new game?

It was the same on a new game, however a redownload and reinstall fixed it. Can't explain it, there's no obvious difference in the file from the first time I downloaded it and the second, but for some reason one file gives me bugged sliders and the other works perfectly. I'm wondering if loverslab was somehow serving a broken version of the file for a short time?

Either way, working perfectly now. Sorry to have worried you, and thanks for the update!