Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

28 minutes ago, Aylis said:

1. Check 'Overwrite'.

2. That is working fine here... Might be a temporary issue (sometimes i get kicked out there for no apparent reason).

Going the vanilla route should place the files directly into your data folder.

Btw. what language do you use? Wouldn't be the first time something other than english causes problems.

No, it's not in overwrite and it's not in the data folder of SSE either.  And I do use English.

I must have missed your crash description earlier. Crashing before the main menu sounds like missing masters to me. Ensure that there are no notifications (the warning symbol in the upper right corner) except for "Form 43 plugin".

When building the bashed patch Wryebash will check for delinquent master errors (plugins above their masters), so rebuild the patch and ensure that you have none of those.

I noticed that you have "Wryebash docs" in your load order. That makes it sound like you installed Wryebash inside MO2. It should be installed in an external folder. Ignore this if that mod just contains the bashed patch.

The only plugins can't be moved past a certain point depending on their type, esm and esl tagged plugins must load before esp tagged plugins. The bashed patch should have a lower priority than DynDOLOD.esp and DynDOLOD.esm should be near the top, but neither will crash your game before you reach the main menu unless you don't have their masters.

By merging updates it means that when you install the update you should set the name to be the same as the base mod. This will open a menu where you can chose to merge the mods. It's meant to simplify the list because normally the update's default name is the same as the core mod, so people will see the context menu and know what to do.

I have no idea why alphabetical load order does not crash your game, but even if it works many things will look wrong and work incorrectly.

Back to the masters situation, if this doesn't fix the situation please post you plugin LO and mod LO. You can find you plugin LO by clicking on the folder icon next to the manage profile dropdown menu. Clicking on that will open a dropdown menu that contains "Open Profile folder" which you should do. Your plugin LO is in that folder labeled plugins.txt.

27 minutes ago, Sufther778 said:

I must have missed your crash description earlier. Crashing before the main menu sounds like missing masters to me. Ensure that there are no notifications (the warning symbol in the upper right corner) except for "Form 43 plugin". When building the bashed patch Wryebash will check for delinquent master errors (plugins above their masters), so rebuild the patch and ensure that you have none of those.

There are some missing master file errors alright. Most of them seem to be patches missing the master files they are supposed to patch (e.g. Qwynns BSHeartland Patch missing BSAssets). Interestingly this is not the case in the test profile (with the alphabetical / LOOT sorted LO), even though all the mods, patches etc. are the same. This might actually be our culprit! Although I dont know why its an issue in one profile/LO and not the other when the mods are identical.

The only plugins can't be moved past a certain point depending on their type, esm and esl tagged plugins must load before esp tagged plugins.

Interesting. I usually try to install .esl files of mods if possible, since we are skirting the esm/esp limit as it is. Could this be an issue as well?

By merging updates it means that when you install the update you should set the name to be the same as the base mod.

Thanks! Who knew it *is* that simple

Back to the masters situation, if this doesn't fix the situation please post you plugin LO and mod LO. You can find you plugin LO by clicking on the folder icon next to the manage profile dropdown menu. Clicking on that will open a dropdown menu that contains "Open Profile folder" which you should do. Your plugin LO is in that folder labeled plugins.txt.

I was in the middle of reworking the list again when you posted this, but I will see if I can resolve just the missing master files somehow. What puzzles me is that mods from the OP-list seem to be missing masters that arent even on the list. Maybe I checked a box or two too many in FOMOD. Then again, why is the issue suddenly gone in a different (and shittier) LO when the mods stay the same?

In any case, super helpful post. Thanks a ton!

@Aylis New patch is out for (deeeep breath) Embers XD - JK's Skyrim/Lanterns of Skyrim II/Tamriel Master Lights. One patch for all of them. Kind of confusing, but I guess it's more like an addon to the original Embers-JK's/TML patch. I dunno.

@Hamakabula You shouldn't be approaching the limit. I have every required mod from the list + 95% of the optional ones + ~15 more mods installed that aren't part of the list, and my ESM/ESP count is 220. The count has actually dropped a good bit with the last two updates. Rule of thumb is if it looks like it's going to have a patch or dependency, install ESP. In fact, unless the list specifically says to install an ESL or the ESL-marked-ESP, I'd go for the ESP (ESPECIALLY EmbersXD because it will crash everything).

Unrelated - Wrye is a very, very smart boy.

You can reinstall mods by right-clicking on them and selecting "reinstall" in the context menu. You should do so for Reliquary of Myth, QUASIPC, lilebonymace's, and Your Own Thoughts as they all contain multiple patches. QUASIPC and lilebonymace's are both automated patchers - they detect the mods in your LO that need patches and install only those by default. It sounds like you selected patches for other mods when you installed them, so when you reinstall them just install the default selection in the FOMOD. Ensure that you have all other mods enabled with their plugins enabled before you do so as well. The different profile works likely because the plugins don't necessarily start activated when you select a mod. If the correct ones don't activate then you won't have any missing masters.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis New patch is out for (deeeep breath) Embers XD - JK's Skyrim/Lanterns of Skyrim II/Tamriel Master Lights. One patch for all of them. Kind of confusing, but I guess it's more like an addon to the original Embers-JK's/TML patch. I dunno.

That seems to be quite a mess atm. I got the newest official version (2.2.1) and MO2 tells me the file would be outdated and marked as old!? And Nexus still lists it as the newest official version too.

The patch, btw, is for the beta version of the mod.

So for now i think like it is better to stick with what we have. When we get an official release of 2.2.2 i'll take another look at it...

6 hours ago, Hamakabula said:

There are some missing master file errors alright. Most of them seem to be patches missing the master files they are supposed to patch (e.g. Qwynns BSHeartland Patch missing BSAssets). Interestingly this is not the case in the test profile (with the alphabetical / LOOT sorted LO), even though all the mods, patches etc. are the same. This might actually be our culprit! Although I dont know why its an issue in one profile/LO and not the other when the mods are identical.

Interesting. I usually try to install .esl files of mods if possible, since we are skirting the esm/esp limit as it is. Could this be an issue as well?

Thanks! Who knew it *is* that simple

I was in the middle of reworking the list again when you posted this, but I will see if I can resolve just the missing master files somehow. What puzzles me is that mods from the OP-list seem to be missing masters that arent even on the list. Maybe I checked a box or two too many in FOMOD. Then again, why is the issue suddenly gone in a different (and shittier) LO when the mods stay the same?

In any case, super helpful post. Thanks a ton!

Missing masters is a guaranteed way to crash before the splash screen. If you make it to the splash screen then crash it is usually a case of to many animations, although with nemesis i don't know if there is a hard count number. 

easiest way to see if it truely is just a missing masters problem, disable the mods screaming about a missing master. Such as quinn's, just uncheck it. if it is screaming you are missing masters that means you added patches for mods you don't actually have. if you activated mods as you installed (or as you finish a section is what i do) then you should have all the mods that might need a patch from quins, re-install it and just keep clicking next until you get to install, don't add check boxes. 

I'm currently running down a problem with skse and mods saying they are out of date and activating anyway (i think i missed an install of skse in a mod somewhere that should be deleted, i just forget what mod it is

Spoiler

image.png.c2da85e3b643817a5610df0c1902c626.png

11 hours ago, dezireal said:

@Sinicero Generally with Tposing its an animation issue I believe. 

What was your total animation in nemesis? I find if its above 12000 total animations you will have issues with Tposing and sometimes a weird sliding bug with frozen animations. 

I think it is, Nemesis detect over 12k animation, even though the T-posing is not a problem now.
I think im gonna turn off Billy animation pack.
But my biggest concern is the body slide doesn't really work in game even after build morph. It seem to be delay a lot when i sliding body, but not Face nor head. Idk why.

Miniupdate (will be integrated into the last status update)

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Just some smaller changes you probably won't even notice at a first glance and a few useful additions. The new snow elf textures offer imo the best visuals. A rerun of DynDOLOD is most likely not needed (i didn't run into issues). 

REMOVED mods:

ADDED/MOVED mods:

The new snow elf textures:

Spoiler

ScreenShot1425.jpg.1e4ff9230dbb2238ffdde5261a8511b2.jpg

ScreenShot1424.jpg.389623a5dfef4b339ad6a6b672cd550f.jpg

13 hours ago, Sufther778 said:

You can reinstall mods by right-clicking on them and selecting "reinstall" in the context menu. You should do so for Reliquary of Myth, QUASIPC, lilebonymace's, and Your Own Thoughts as they all contain multiple patches. QUASIPC and lilebonymace's are both automated patchers - they detect the mods in your LO that need patches and install only those by default. It sounds like you selected patches for other mods when you installed them, so when you reinstall them just install the default selection in the FOMOD. Ensure that you have all other mods enabled with their plugins enabled before you do so as well. The different profile works likely because the plugins don't necessarily start activated when you select a mod. If the correct ones don't activate then you won't have any missing masters.

Resolved all the missing masters and even noticed some delinquent masters via WyrePatch (e.g. masters being below their dependencies in the LO, like Cicero). Resolved that too. No more errors and it made a lot of sense too since I guess that might have been the difference between the broken LO and the working one (which was sorted with LOOT). Reinstalled all the patches you mentioned, reran the batch patch, doublechecked everything, refreshed and restarted MO2...and still got CTD before reaching the menu

? ...modding does have a way to get my hopes up just to crush them

Not sure what else to do. I tried deactivating embersXD (because fuck that shit), reran and (de)activated various combinations of FNIS/Nemesis and their overwrites.... it just confuses me so much that this LO is so unforgiving while the totally messed up 2nd one (where I even piled in a bunch of extra mods without care for the LO) runs ok. FNIS/Nemesis issues there just result in a T-pose (fixable by rerunning either of them) but not a complete CTD either

@Hamakabula

This isn't working.

Why don't you try @Just Don't's excellent thread Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!" first. With it you get the basics for modding and quite a lot of other useful informations. But one thing is sure, you do have a lot of reading to do (we all did). Modding games from Bethesda isn't easy and you simply have to know certain things and procedures before it really works out.

You don't want to know how often i killed my Skyrim LE in the beginning... 

I've started a new thread for my previews/screenshots. With the restrictions on the upload i can't make updates to that section on page #1 anymore.

The Spell Knight armor which I purchased on Creation Club is nowhere to be found.  I checked in the SSE Data folder and also in the Overwrite folder.  I started up vanilla SSE, verified that CC still showed that I had purchased the mod, and then started and saved a PT on vanilla in case that was necessary for the mod to be delivered.  No difference.  The mod is nowhere to be found.

2 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

How would I do that? 

Also, what backpack mod do I need to purchase from CC?

1. That depends on the AV. You have to look into some documentation/forum for that.

2. None. ;)

But there is only one available and i would wait 'til you can get it for free again.

Wew...so after a few more hours, a full reinstall of all mods (and a bunch more grey hairs), i finally figured it out. It was - most likely - an issue with XP32 Max Skeleton. I must have checked a wrong setting in FOMOD that somehow did not show in missing/delinquent masters, but must have conflicted with all the animation mods. The random load order might have worked since it put Xp 32 Max Skeleton at the very bottom, overwriting almost everything else. I guess that would have led to some glitches down the road but no instant conflict?

Anyway, game runs beautifully now. Thanks for all the help

33 minutes ago, Aylis said:

1. That depends on the AV. You have to look into some documentation/forum for that.

2. None. ;)

But there is only one available and i would wait 'til you can get it for free again.

1.  Hmmm....sounds like I need to turn off the firewall for a while.

2.  One of the mods you just added seems to require  CC backpack mod.  What should we do? The new mod is worthless without the CC master.