Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Thanks, but that's kinda what I have been doing all this time. I'm just surprised that the game seems to run okay-ish (with minor bugs) when loading a completely FUBAR LO but some slight error to a well thought out LO seems to bar me from playing completely. I guess I can check again if some mod is the wrong version (LE instead of SE or sth) but every troubleshooting attempt takes hours given how many files there are -.-

I do have Misc Retexture and the other 2 used to be recommended together in the OP until yesterday. Might be redundant now, but gamecrashing?

Anyway, assuming I find it in me to do the whole process again (except redownloading 100+gigs of mods again, so not doing that), what is a good way to clean house beforehand? Is it sufficient to delete and reinstall MO2 / the mod folders or is there a tool? Anything else to keep in mind? Last thing I want is spending another few days on this just to be screwed by some leftover script somewhere...

Well you are using MO2 so there should be nothing that has affected your vanilla install of skyrim. 

Simply De-activating a mod removes it from the virtual file system that it uses when you launch the SKSE from MO2. Choosing to remove a mod will delete it from your MO2 mod storage folder (So no I do not think it would be necessary to uninstall MO2 or anything like that unless you have made certain changes to the VFS.)

Yeah Aylis has put a lot of time and effort in making sure the mods that are listed in do work together along with updating mods going forward which is posted and linked to on the OP when there is a update on the mod collection but yes make sure that you are getting the right mod versions which is stipulated in OP list (There is a reason for all the madness). 

I have been in the same boat as you when getting started here with this collection, I must have gone through the list multiple times until I got it right. (I'm guessing you are also relatively new to MO2? As I was which tripped me up when I first started. MO2 works very differently compared to Vortex and NMM. Maybe having a look on youtube on a tutorial showing you the basics of MO2 and how it works and how to understand what you are doing.)

Important to take it slowly and one step at a time and get the correct files, correct versions and also the correct patches. 

@Hamakabula SSE Display Tweaks was added in the same update that removed HavokFix. Their incompatibilities could very well be crashing your game, though I don't know how they work. I notice that you have FNIS enabled in your load order. The main page never says to reenable the FNIS main file, so that could be causing your issues if you are sure they are the problem. To create a new profile with the same order as your current one, go to manage profiles and copy your current one. Where are you crashing too? You say you can't get in game, but is that not loading into a new game or not seeing the title screen? Each crashes for different reasons. xLODGen Terrain should be disabled after generating Terrain LOD Output . Neither Deadly Mutilations nor Skeletons Pack appear in the mod list at that location, nor do I personally remember them existing from a previous iteration. The correct order to generate LOD's is xLOD Gen Terrain, DynDOLOD TexGen, DynDOLOD, then Occulsion (it's not ambient occlusion).

@wollboi

Thanks. Will be added. Done

4 hours ago, dezireal said:

Important to take it slowly and one step at a time and get the correct files, correct versions and also the correct patches. 

One of the most important sentences on the last few pages. ?

@Hamakabula

I just saw this:  

4 hours ago, Sufther778 said:

... Deadly Mutilations nor Skeletons Pack ...

'Deadly Mutilations' got major issues with HPH. I strongly advise (hey, even i can learn a new word) you to remove the mod. It ranges from visual glitches to CTD. What 'Skeleton Pack'? 

Updated SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess' and SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Kurone BodySlide Preset' (added the bodyslides for 'Serana (HPH)' and 'Strapons' to both)Done

Updated the last status update and/or the list. Done

Added 'Problem while installing mods' to the 'Bugs Section'. Done

On 3/18/2021 at 9:11 AM, Aylis said:

On it. :)

Nope. Doesn't work as advertised and HPH already contains 45 beards.

Hide contents

Untitled.jpg.96f0f783b2a85deedf8447a31ea1d688.jpg

That's odd.

maybe a problem in your load order?

I use Vortex, have it flagged as light and as low Priotiry override (Can't remember why I did that or if it even was intentional) and for me it looks like this:

Spoiler

380714378_Unbenannt(2).PNG.83cc2083947b547542f31f8f17085481.PNG

I'm slowly updating to the new list should be interesting to see how well it looks,  I've used cathedral weathers before  but just didn't look right so I'm going to omit that and keep obsidian weathers with Minty's lightning for I love that combo.  I'll post up some screens after I'm done updating.  And for those of you who want to check out my mod I'm building here's a discord link  Dark Dragoon Outcasts . Keep up the good work @Aylis

8 hours ago, dezireal said:

Well you are using MO2 so there should be nothing that has affected your vanilla install of skyrim. 

Simply De-activating a mod removes it from the virtual file system that it uses when you launch the SKSE from MO2. Choosing to remove a mod will delete it from your MO2 mod storage folder (So no I do not think it would be necessary to uninstall MO2 or anything like that unless you have made certain changes to the VFS.)

Yeah Aylis has put a lot of time and effort in making sure the mods that are listed in do work together along with updating mods going forward which is posted and linked to on the OP when there is a update on the mod collection but yes make sure that you are getting the right mod versions which is stipulated in OP list (There is a reason for all the madness). 

I have been in the same boat as you when getting started here with this collection, I must have gone through the list multiple times until I got it right. (I'm guessing you are also relatively new to MO2? As I was which tripped me up when I first started. MO2 works very differently compared to Vortex and NMM. Maybe having a look on youtube on a tutorial showing you the basics of MO2 and how it works and how to understand what you are doing.)

Thank you. While i've modded games with mod manager tools in the past, this is my first time with MO/SSE and certainly the first time using 500+ files. I think I did ok as far as loading the mods goes but probably messed up something with the third party programs (DynDOLOD, Nemesis etc).

7 hours ago, Sufther778 said:

@Hamakabula SSE Display Tweaks was added in the same update that removed HavokFix. Their incompatibilities could very well be crashing your game, though I don't know how they work. I notice that you have FNIS enabled in your load order. The main page never says to reenable the FNIS main file, so that could be causing your issues if you are sure they are the problem. To create a new profile with the same order as your current one, go to manage profiles and copy your current one. Where are you crashing too? You say you can't get in game, but is that not loading into a new game or not seeing the title screen? Each crashes for different reasons. xLODGen Terrain should be disabled after generating Terrain LOD Output . Neither Deadly Mutilations nor Skeletons Pack appear in the mod list at that location, nor do I personally remember them existing from a previous iteration. The correct order to generate LOD's is xLOD Gen Terrain, DynDOLOD TexGen, DynDOLOD, then Occulsion (it's not ambient occlusion).

I already created a new profile yesterday and the funny thing is that i can then actually run the game. Previously it would crash before the title screen/menu.
Main difference is that in the new profile the mods & LO get reshuffled into a "random"/alphabetical order, that for some reason runs where the handcrafted LO does not. Still confuses me.

Does a new profile change other things that might help me single out the issue? I made a third one and noticed that this lacked the tool plugins (FNIS, DynDOLOD etc) which I had to reactivate.
However, it cant be just that since I then rearranged all mods in the 2nd profile to the LO from the OP and the game crashes again. So it must be an overwrite conflict of some sort. The mods are the same between the profiles

@Hamakabula If you are getting a crash upon starting up the game with Mods that means there something in your LO (Most likely due to incorrect load order) that the game engine just isnt working well with. 

Yeah I think the biggest thing that will help you out checking out some vids on how MO2 works and how you use tools like DynDOLOD and xLODgen and that with it. 

I am not sure if I am allowed to link vids here? If not Ill remove them but you can find videos everywhere on youtube about it. But these are videos that I have watched that got me ready to go with everything in MO2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFJ1BLamkNc (Introduction to MO2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaGl99A0sME (Installing a mod with MO2) [Please note that not all mods I.E Tools DynDOLOD, xLODgen are installed in a separate location and not through MO2 but you link the tools through MO2 to be used.]

https://youtu.be/gI3NUM4aens?t=78 (Following this video from the time stamp which will show you how to install a tool like DynDOLOD along with linking in it MO2)

Once understand how MO2 functions and works then it is as easy as following the OP mod list in the order that Aylis has listed. It needs to be installed and activated in that order. Deviating from this may result in crashes and issues. 

@Hamakabula I agree with dezireal that you should watch videos explaining how to properly use MO2 and connect external applications to it such as DynDOLOD if you have not already done so or are sure you have done it correctly. Even then you should double check. I'm not sure what you're talking about with a new profile. There are only two differences between profiles that are significant here, the mod order & plugin order, both of which should be the same as the guide. Other differences shouldn't cause a CTD unless you changed something you shouldn't. Even then, it wouldn't be broken again by changing the plugin order. Please refer to my previous post and answer any questions. I will be hard pressed to help you more until you do so.

Edit: Make sure you only have mods activated that are part of the modlist. If you want to add more mods do so after you have a working game.

8 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

@Aylis  Is the Improved labia for BIJIN no longer recommended?

Also, how different is the 3BBB body from the CBBE Curvy body?

It wasn't since i added 3BBB to the guide.

The form is a bit different and the physics are very different.

3 hours ago, dezireal said:

@Hamakabula 

I am not sure if I am allowed to link vids here?

Thats fine. Maybe you find something thats useful to me too.

1 hour ago, Sufther778 said:

@Hamakabula I agree with dezireal that you should watch videos explaining how to properly use MO2 and connect external applications to it such as DynDOLOD if you have not already done so or are sure you have done it correctly. Even then you should double check. I'm not sure what you're talking about with a new profile. There are only two differences between profiles that are significant here, the mod order & plugin order, both of which should be the same as the guide. Other differences shouldn't cause a CTD unless you changed something you shouldn't. Even then, it wouldn't be broken again by changing the plugin order.

Exactly. ?

@Tester123643

1. Bigger pics belong into a spoiler.

2. Use JPG not PNG. Otherwise, especially when there are more, it will slow LL to a crawl for peple with a slower internet connection.

I have a general idea what caused it, but the mod is very low on my priority list. Atm i'm actually more interested in removing ESP and/or replacing mods to make the list smaller and hopefully easier to install.

So. . . much. . . Downloading!~

Wish I could remember when was the last time I looked at skyrim SE 0.0. Curious to see how it's all going to look. As far as the list goes:

Odin - Ordinator Compatibility Patch - Link points to the Odin Page isntead of the Ordinator page where the patch is

Song of The Green - The mod seems to be back up on the nexus (Least I could find it in a search)

Some Side Notes / questions:

Skyrim parallax - Roads - The page only has the blended roads patch. Is that the one you are reffering to?

Dyndolod ddl - when did that get removed? Curious to look at some of the documentation on that change.

@asebw

Hi Ase. It's been a while... smilywink.gif.d7358e208063979d8c99c7f6ceffe6e7.gif

1. Fixed that days ago. You might want to refresh the page (might be a cache issue).

2. Thanks. Link rechanged to Nexus

3. Thats correct.

4. That one got redundant as another mod in the list does the same.

In regard to the downloads. It will be worth it... ;)

Spoiler

2097976672_SkyrimSE2021-03-2412-45-20.jpg.5ea58a4bc5c503c38db9bfcf66a3aca0.jpg

161191578_SkyrimSE2021-03-2518-49-55.jpg.831771acd396dee4a0ecca404e5e7aec.jpg

I purchased the Creation Club Spell Knight armor but it's not showing up in MO2 or in my SSE folders.  Note:  I can't access Creation Club via an MO2 boot up of SSE, I have to activate the vanilla game directly.  I have made a couple of CC purchases that ultimately made there way to my SSE folder and from there into MO2.  I'm getting nothing this time, even though if I access CC through SSE directly, it shows that a purchase has been made.  What should I do to get this mod?

14 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

...but it's not showing up in MO2 or in my SSE folders.  Note:  I can't access Creation Club via an MO2 boot up of SSE, I have to activate the vanilla game directly...

1. Check 'Overwrite'.

2. That is working fine here... Might be a temporary issue (sometimes i get kicked out there for no apparent reason).

Going the vanilla route should place the files directly into your data folder.

Btw. what language do you use? Wouldn't be the first time something other than english causes problems.

52 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Hi Ase. It's been a while... smilywink.gif.d7358e208063979d8c99c7f6ceffe6e7.gif

1. Fixed that days ago. You might want to refresh the page (might be a cache issue).

2. Thanks. Link rechanged to Nexus

3. Thats correct.

4. That one got redundant as another mod in the list does the same.

In regard to the downloads. It will be worth it... ;)

Reveal hidden contents

2097976672_SkyrimSE2021-03-2412-45-20.jpg.5ea58a4bc5c503c38db9bfcf66a3aca0.jpg

161191578_SkyrimSE2021-03-2518-49-55.jpg.831771acd396dee4a0ecca404e5e7aec.jpg

@Aylis

Yeah, last year was shit, and Covid had nothing to do with it. . . 

I've seen some of your screen shots already. I've booted the list up once, looks great so far, need to finish adding extras and run Dyndolod. I'm more curious to see how some of the new toys like nemesis and the dynamic animation replacer work. 

4. You happen to remember which mod?

4 hours ago, Sufther778 said:

@Hamakabula I agree with dezireal that you should watch videos explaining how to properly use MO2 and connect external applications to it such as DynDOLOD if you have not already done so or are sure you have done it correctly. Even then you should double check. I'm not sure what you're talking about with a new profile. There are only two differences between profiles that are significant here, the mod order & plugin order, both of which should be the same as the guide. Other differences shouldn't cause a CTD unless you changed something you shouldn't. Even then, it wouldn't be broken again by changing the plugin order. Please refer to my previous post and answer any questions. I will be hard pressed to help you more until you do so.

Edit: Make sure you only have mods activated that are part of the modlist. If you want to add more mods do so after you have a working game.

Hm, thought I answered your questions. By new profile I meant what you referred to as well: Manage profiles at the top of MO2. If I create (not copy) a new profile using the same mods but a random/alphabetical LO, the game runs, inexplicably. While if I follow the LO from the OP (barring potential mistakes that I am tracking as we speak) it does not. It crashes before even reaching the title screen, as I said before. Not sure how to explain it any better
I disabled all extra mods, FNIS, Nemesis (both individually and together) to no effect. Ambient Occlusion is just the name i gave the mod after running the script. I was assuming thats what it was since Aylis named it "AO".

On another note, while I'm rechecking everything; the OP mentions a couple times that you should "simply merge" mod updates into the parent mod. Doesnt say how though. I watched a couple tutorials on SSEedit, Zedit etc but for example, Misc Retexture Project and its 2.5 Update don't actually create any "plugins" (right side window) that the merge tools recognise, so i cant merge them. What am I missing? Would be helpful to include the need for these tools and a guide/link in the OP

Also I sometimes cannot move plugins (right side window) in the LO past a certain point. E.g. Bashed patch stays at the 2nd last spot and cant be dragged atop the Dyndolod files. Is there a reason for this? It makes troubleshooting quite a bit harder

@asebw

I hope everything now works out for you.

DAR is simply great. You install it and it just works out of the box. No need for FNIS or nemesis.

Sorry, but no. I changed that such a long time ago. But i remember that it is somewhere on Sheson's pages (under requirements?).

52 minutes ago, Hamakabula said:

Doesnt say how though.

The 'how' is 'click-the-right-button-during-installation'.

Untitled.jpg.0b408566e96e24eb8ae9c035731cf7e4.jpg

52 minutes ago, Hamakabula said:

Also I sometimes cannot move plugins (right side window) in the LO past a certain point. E.g. Bashed patch stays at the 2nd last spot and cant be dragged atop the Dyndolod files. Is there a reason for this? It makes troubleshooting quite a bit harder

Simple. The 'bashed patch' has to be created before you run DynDOLOD otherwise you'll run into issues. If you have to rerun it, you have to deactivate the files for DynDOLOD so it stays in the right spot.