Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

18 hours ago, wollboi said:

I beat Subnautica and only shat myself 74 times.

Any idea what's happening here? Weird aura around NPCs and horses. Only happens at night. Kinda popped up out of nowhere after the last update.

Hide contents

1991926921_SkyrimSE2021-03-2719-45-07.png.4d6c54e51c3fc50ae051440222130bdc.png

Hey I think it's RASS, I had the same thing recently and just disabled the rain one to rain drops only.

2 hours ago, axz2 said:

That's realistic though.  Huge hammer or axe heads would be impossible to wield correctly.  And wide paddle like swords would be hard to use as well (depending on other aspects of their construction, might be OK if they are fairly short but then you lose reach).

I understand that realism can be debatable in a game whee you cast spells and shouts against dragons and such but I prefer the more realistic look.

There are or were several videos on youtube of blacksmiths actually making swords from various games using correct metals and what not as well as the final product, including somebody actually using them or a target, in most cases a block of wood on a tree stump, most would be basically unusable by a human or at least unusable in the way the game shows the being used, here is one guy has made some of them, though I think he used tool steel rather than weapons steel in making them https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGca03sbLq7OUnXMdvRHyBQ/videos

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

There are or were several videos on youtube of blacksmiths actually making swords from various games using correct metals and what not as well as the final product, including somebody actually using them or a target, in most cases a block of wood on a tree stump, most would be basically unusable by a human or at least unusable in the way the game shows the being used, here is one guy has made some of them, though I think he used tool steel rather than weapons steel in making them https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGca03sbLq7OUnXMdvRHyBQ/videos

A lot of those videos are from other games or non-game fantasy, and are less realistic than Skyrim's weapons.  But still Skyrim hammers and axes tend to have way to big of heads and the swords tend to be wide and paddle like, except that the grips are sometimes too thin. So I definitely prefer the realistic weapons mods (and in the past used Leanwolf's mod)

Skallagrim has a good video about Skyrim weapons - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsLd3dVNz8

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

Huh, deja vu. Made a similar post about this not too long ago on another site while doing power armor weapon development research. 

So, the problem with most fantasy/anime weapons is that a) they're often made of fantastical materials and sometimes in fantastical ways, and b) They're usually meant to be wielded by those with superhuman strength and agility. One of my favorite examples of b) is the space marines from warhammer 40k. If you look at their actual size compared to normal people, you understand why some of their weapons have weird proportions. 

In the case of your youtuber, half the weapons he's made were meant for people with superhuman strength and agility. The Buster Sword for example, weighs in at 90-100 lbs, but at the same time, was not meant to be wielded by a normal person. That being said, some of the swords, particularly in anime (_)@#*(%&@#*()%&@#*() bleach), are very nonsensical. Some of the 2h axes and maces in skyrim have a similar issue, but part of that is offset by some of the more fantastical materials used to make them. It depends on which end of the spectrum you look at them from. However, at the end of the day, I don't play and mod skyrim for its historically accurate weapons. That's more Nioh's department. 

10 hours ago, Aylis said:

Not sure about that. The later added NPC might then not get the effects from MLU.

Right now i'm trying to figure out why 'Anna's Proudspire' is missing a room. It had worked fine before...

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.jpg.f8e36742d4233aa838240d7acf2bccbd.jpg

If you're still wondering about the missing room the mod author had a post where they stated that it just happens sometimes, and to fix it you have to buy the child's room option for the house. I had it happen in my game and that's how I fixed it

@bandygirl1 Post 5526 - I installed Rustic Clothing and it corrected the male farm clothes shiny issue; hope this helps.

@Aylis Is burnt wood in Helgan working for you?  I had to uninstall it because it caused all burnt wood to be purple.  I checked the website and it says to use Embers HD, there was a post saying it didn't work well with Embers XD.  I was curious if anyone else this or if I screwed up somewhere :) ; after burnt wood was uninstalled, all was back to normal. 

Spoiler

20210328180357_1.jpg.089dfb55748a681364c568af6592d6f2.jpg

@shuman85

*facepalm*

Sounds like i forgot this time the rule 'RTFM'... Wasted half a day reinstalling things and trying other mods (which were not an improvement either). Thanks!

@RedAcer

I ended up having vanilla textures for the burnt wood. The mod fixed that. The purple from the screenshot means missing/broken texture. Try redownloading and reinstalling.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

The answer is right there in your picture. You're missing the CC backpack.

37 minutes ago, asebw said:

Question: Is Nemesis a hard requirement, or will the list work with just FNIS? It's behaving rather weirdly. . .

I think it's hard requirement because jump behavior and tk dogde need Nemesis to work properly.

Btw for anyone bother by leftover skse cosave and too lazy to manually delete them, edit EngineFixes.toml provided by SSE Engine Fixes. In that file, set CleanSKSECosaves to "true".

17 minutes ago, akadeadpool said:

I think it's hard requirement because jump behavior and tk dogde need Nemesis to work properly.

Btw for anyone bother by leftover skse cosave and too lazy to manually delete them, edit EngineFixes.toml provided by SSE Engine Fixes. In that file, set CleanSKSECosaves to "true".

Been Using TK dodge for long before Nemesis came out. . .

13 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@asebw You'd have to do without a ton of animations from the list. What is it doing?

Aside from it being fairly crash happy at times, some of the output is weird, and giving me the good old T-pose in game. However, the T-pose may be due to something else, still troubleshooting that part.

Also, I swear Aylis is doing an update right now -.-

2 hours ago, asebw said:

Question: Is Nemesis a hard requirement, or will the list work with just FNIS? It's behaving rather weirdly. . .

Nope.

2 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Nope and nope again.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

You'd have to do without a ton of animations from the list. What is it doing?

Still nope.

1 hour ago, asebw said:

Also, I swear Aylis is doing an update right now -.-

Nope rules again.

I'm chasing a bug that reappeared and i thougt i had already fixed. Found it, fixed it, worked three times perfectly and is now back again... Those are the ones that take forever to locate properly and finally get rid of.

After hours i could only find one entry regarding it and it seems to be a problem in SSEUP. But that came from another user so i don't know if he's right.

22 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Nope.

Nope and nope again.

Still nope.

Nope rules again.

I'm chasing a bug that reappeared and i thougt i had already fixed. Found it, fixed it, worked three times perfectly and is now back again... Those are the ones that take forever to locate properly and finally get rid of.

After hours i could only find one entry regarding it and it seems to be a problem in SSEUP. But that came from another user so i don't know if he's right.

Good, cause I haven't been able to get bleeping nemesis to complete a pass for the last hour. Keeps crashing midway through. It's got promise, don't get me wrong, but damned if it don't need more work. . . 

Heh, I was sure you weren't. Keep finding stuff on the list I missed this morning trying to get rid of the T pose issue. 

What bug? Run into a few that I am trying to sort out atm.

The one with the armor for the brotherhood. That one is more tricky than i thought...

And i'm not running Nemesis atm, with the newest update it is constantly crashing at 53%.

And as i get asked again and again and again... This is my build atm:

modlist.txt

Planned changes (aka this isn't certain yet)

Spoiler

Mods to remove:

HD Bears

Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB                       Fixed by 'Smooth shores'?

Mods to add:

HD Bears of the North                                   Now that is what i'd call real bears!

HD Bears of the North - Textures

HD Blue Whales                                             More creatures in the water. And sometimes you can even hear them sing.

HASTE                                                        Looks interesting

SexLab Compatible Noble Bed Double         Helps with 'Go to Bed' too.

Medieval Bridges                                           Optional look

Remember Lockpick Angle                            Fixes an annoyance

Immersive Wenches                                  First tests look good

Immersive Wenches -KS Hairs - Patch

@Aylis

Did some looking and some checking on the shrouded armor issue. According to the thread on the texture mod, others have had issue with this. However, the fix is, weird. The one who had it back in February was able to fix the scarf issue by installing Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes. Didn't work for me, least not with an ingame switch to rule 69 Anaiya, but, looking at the mod and the post, I think the problem might have something to do with USSEP, or with some bug in the shrouded armor that is being 'corrected'. He mentions that he had to overwrite USSEP with WACCF, which makes me think there's a fix in there that is causing consternation.

Can crack open WACCF or USSEP in the CK to see what they do to the shrouded armor, but I won't be able to get to that until probably thursday. Got some minor ear surgery to go for tomorrow, and it's causing anxiety to spike. 

Edit: Also, didn't know they had boy bands in Skyrim. Least, Ralof looks the part now ?

Nemesis crashes on me consistently, but it eventually works if I run it again without closing MO2. Usually it crashes the first time, sometimes twice, occasionally up to three times. But it eventually will complete successfully.

@asebw Are you running FNIS before you run Nemesis? Normally when I get T-posing it's because I forgot something there. If you do the following and it doesn't work, then it's definitely not FNIS/Nemesis.

Spoiler

1 - Delete FNIS Overwrite and Nemesis Overwrite if necessary. Clear Overwrite.

2 - Checkbox in FNIS Behavior in load order. Uncheck Nemesis.

3 - Run FNIS from MO2. Click De-install creatures first. Checkbox next to first two (Gender Skeleton and Skeleton Arm Fix) and optionally TK Dodge if you use it. Click update FNIS behavior. Let it finish running. Consistence check for peace of mind. Make sure there are no errors. Close FNIS and create a FNIS Overwrite from the Overwrite at the bottom of the load order. Activate FNIS Overwrite. Drag it where it goes in the load order if necessary.

4 - Uncheck FNIS Behavior (NOT FNIS Creature Pack). Check Nemesis.

5 - Run Nemesis. Select Movement Behavior Overhaul, Jump Behavior Overhaul, and optionally TK's Dodge. Click Update Engine. When it's done, click Launch Nemesis Behavior Engine. If it crashes, relaunch it without closing MO2 and click the two buttons again. If it finishes but gives an error message about "missing HK block" or something along those lines, run it again. Close when finished and create a Nemesis Overwrite from the Overwrite. Activate Nemesis Overwrite and put it in the correct location in the load order. If needed, drag the FNIS.esp plugin that Nemesis Overwrite creates to the correct spot in the plugin order (should be right above Bashed Patch 0.esp.

I've done this a trillion times now and it always works. Just don't ever close MO2, otherwise it fubars it. If it still doesn't, then we know something else is going on, but T-poses are almost always FNIS/Nemesis related.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Nemesis crashes on me consistently, but it eventually works if I run it again without closing MO2. Usually it crashes the first time, sometimes twice, occasionally up to three times. But it eventually will complete successfully.

@asebw Are you running FNIS before you run Nemesis? Normally when I get T-posing it's because I forgot something there. If you do the following and it doesn't work, then it's definitely not FNIS/Nemesis.

Hide contents

1 - Delete FNIS Overwrite and Nemesis Overwrite if necessary. Clear Overwrite.

2 - Checkbox in FNIS Behavior in load order. Uncheck Nemesis.

3 - Run FNIS from MO2. Click De-install creatures first. Checkbox next to first two (Gender Skeleton and Skeleton Arm Fix) and optionally TK Dodge if you use it. Click update FNIS behavior. Let it finish running. Consistence check for peace of mind. Make sure there are no errors. Close FNIS and create a FNIS Overwrite from the Overwrite at the bottom of the load order. Activate FNIS Overwrite. Drag it where it goes in the load order if necessary.

4 - Uncheck FNIS Behavior (NOT FNIS Creature Pack). Check Nemesis.

5 - Run Nemesis. Select Movement Behavior Overhaul, Jump Behavior Overhaul, and optionally TK's Dodge. Click Update Engine. When it's done, click Launch Nemesis Behavior Engine. If it crashes, relaunch it without closing MO2 and click the two buttons again. If it finishes but gives an error message about "missing HK block" or something along those lines, run it again. Close when finished and create a Nemesis Overwrite from the Overwrite. Activate Nemesis Overwrite and put it in the correct location in the load order. If needed, drag the FNIS.esp plugin that Nemesis Overwrite creates to the correct spot in the plugin order (should be right above Bashed Patch 0.esp.

I've done this a trillion times now and it always works. Just don't ever close MO2, otherwise it fubars it. If it still doesn't, then we know something else is going on, but T-poses are almost always FNIS/Nemesis related.

Yeah, with the exception of de-installing creatures, that is pretty much what I do. There's something else going on with the sucker though. At one point it was hanging on hk(something).exe, to the point where it would not even uninstall. And the few times it seems to complete, it actually doesn't because it fails to generate the FNIS replacer.

I like the idea of nemesis, and am looking forward to seeing it eventually replace FNIS, but for now, I am going to skip it until the next update or two. Spent the better part of the last week trying to get my mod list rebuild. While I do view modding skyrim SE as the legos hard mode, I want to actually sit down and play the game at some point ><.

@asebw Hm, yeah that's weird. The "hkblock" bug is one that has been around for a while. Basically Nemesis looks for a file--that isn't part of the list--and throws out an error after what otherwise be a successful run. The fun thing is that Nemesis will then CREATE the file, so that the next time you run the program it won't throw out that error. It's weird. I would still recommend de-installing the creatures with FNIS. If I don't I end up with t-posing draugr and animals that stand in place.

---

Unrelated - Guess who got a 3080? Running 4K at a whopping 40FPS outside now, boys. Good time to be alive.

Spoiler

426330093_SkyrimSE2021-03-2921-30-17.thumb.png.fc3e0d7d5e008408342f572ca043b919.png50110896_SkyrimSE2021-03-2920-18-51.thumb.png.64ce1b5aecdeff22f54471fac36e9fc2.png