Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

16 minutes ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Hey thanks for the tip but it seems like it's from skyrim.esm?  which is weird...anyway of just isolating that I don't want to reinstall my game.

Don't forget, if you followed the armor section downloads you replaced EVERY armor set. so the error would come from the skyrim.esm since you REPLACED what it thinks is the stock armor. 

Finally got it.

The trick was NOT to use Pfuscher's landscape textures. Maybe that set isn't complete yet, but it caused major issues. You fix the 'Silver Bug' in one spot only to walk around a corner and find another one with a different texture that had worked before... And that again and again and again...

I'll spend the next few hours checking all corners of Tamriel for other 'surprise mechanics'. Hopefully i can make the update to the list tomorrow (that will be a lot of typing).

38 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Finally got it.

The trick was NOT to use Pfuscher's landscape textures. Maybe that set isn't complete yet, but it caused major issues. You fix the 'Silver Bug' in one spot only to walk around a corner and find another one with a different texture that had worked before... And that again and again and again...

I'll spend the next few hours checking all corners of Tamriel for other 'surprise mechanics'. Hopefully i can make the update to the list tomorrow (that will be a lot of typing).

so.. the all in one that's towards the bottom of the section, caused issues.. 

Anyone running this at your native resolution vs the 1920 x 1080 that it's in the ini files?  Better frames is what I'm looking for.  I'm averaging high 20s-high 40s (outdoors) and maxing out at 60 FPS (indoors), but want to get a smoother framerates.  Any tips?  I'm running a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT undervolted with a native resolution of 2560 x 1440, I've been using Trixx Boost.  Just looking for other people and there set ups and how they fair with their ini settings.  

Thanks everyone

28 minutes ago, jaeos said:

so.. the all in one that's towards the bottom of the section, caused issues.. 

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Finally got it.

Darn, sounds like I can download everything Aylis mentioned as an additional mod, but I shouldn't install anything yet.  I downloaded Skyrim 2018 only to find out it had a FOMOD.  Further guidance needed from #3 once everything is updated.

3 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

Darn, sounds like I can download everything Aylis mentioned as an additional mod, but I shouldn't install anything yet.  I downloaded Skyrim 2018 only to find out it had a FOMOD.  Further guidance needed from #3 once everything is updated.

Just skip the AIO by Pflucher and you should be good to install, i just moved all the "redundant" mods below it.

3 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Anyone running this at your native resolution vs the 1920 x 1080 that it's in the ini files?  Better frames is what I'm looking for.  I'm averaging high 20s-high 40s (outdoors) and maxing out at 60 FPS (indoors), but want to get a smoother framerates.  Any tips?  I'm running a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT undervolted with a native resolution of 2560 x 1440, I've been using Trixx Boost.  Just looking for other people and there set ups and how they fair with their ini settings.  

Thanks everyone

Why are you running it UNDERvolted? Short on power? Case doesn't cool well? 

@Aylis It's all been so, so worth it. Thank you for your help, your time, your patience, everything. After I got my animation issue sorted out I had a few more bugs to squash but unlike with something like a wabbajack package, through reading this tutorial thoroughly and asking questions, I'd built up the knowledge necessary to take care of them all myself quickly and smoothly. 

i don't really know how to frame skyrim screenshots but here's some stuff from the ASLAL "Camping in the Woods" starting area near the helgen escape tunnel. 

Spoiler

ScreenShot30.png.9bbcf4501573ac26e81bd99f6949b973.pngScreenShot40.png.65b8075586349868c4416ea6f9409e55.pngScreenShot48.png.6a4fd67b55ed6ccf557e174ee03dcca9.pngScreenShot59.png.83fdd2d3ebaa7139a8c9480780d472c4.png

i7 8086K Anniversary Edition
nvidia GTX 1070
16GB DDR4

Game and mods loading off of a Samsung 850 EVO III 500GB
absolutely no performance issues out of the box but I'd need to gather actual metrics and go to more crowded places, but it's worth noting the GPU fan hasn't even kicked on. 

I mostly chose 4K and 8K texture packs where available. Everything looks FANTASTIC and works well (picked off a nearby bandit camp in the middle of a Defeat-based orgy lmao). I've been using your list more as a general guideline for about a year now but last week I took the plunge and did the whole list from top to bottom for a new save and it works so, so, so well and it was so worth the time and effort. Thank you so much.

By the way, while I didn't use MO2's "profiles" system, I did use its "instances" system to set this up separately from my existing save files to good results, but I don't think I'm ever going back to what I had before.  

Looking good so far. Just have to make a quick run through the Soulcairn and Solstheim.

Preview (unoptimized pics and without DynDOLOD)

Spoiler

This shows major texture issues...

ScreenShot1388.png.13dd7bfbfefcc214a723dcee9dadf882.png

... countless hours later: Fixed!

ScreenShot1392.png.d8d686181e50239c9de72ef7beffcb0f.png

ScreenShot1389.png.a5f3b100d5ca8e3a7b38827f4c931dcc.png

ScreenShot1390.png.3b895f0a6f22f6d349407d3fbc3d9ead.png

6 hours ago, Hamakabula said:

On multiple occasions the guide asks me to put files into the load order. How does that work?

I can put them into the game folder (but then they dont appear in the loadorder) or i can load them in MO (but then i get an error message)

First lets find out what error message you are getting when you do so.

If they are just .esp files without data, right click in the left pane >all mods>create empty mod. Name it what the esp is named (example) companion werewolf fix> hit enter. right click the empty mod and open in explorer. drag the esp/esm/esl/file ( i just copy/paste) exit the explorer and right click the same mod again >ignore data This only works for loose files like the shield sisters werewolf esp.

Since you can set up your web browser to save in locations everytime you save. I have mine set up to ask every time i DL something and if it is a file for skyrim it's saved in the skyrim downloads folder automatically. Since I am guessing that is not the case with you. Second icon at the top looks like a box with a disk in front if it. Hover your mouse over it ands it should say {install a new mod from an acrhive} click, go to whereever your mod was downloaded to and click it then OK. It should then install as normal.

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.1.6'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

This was one of the worst weeks i ever had while modding. One bug after another. Adding a big texture mod is just sooooo much fun... NOT!

But i finally managed to improve a lot of textures and the game runs smoother as those have been optimized. Tagträumer did an incredible job with the landscape, Pfuscher is used for the rest.

Thankfully this was the only and last big pack i was waiting for. Now it will be mostly convenience mods, bug fixes (i hope i got them all) and minor changes.

RERUN for an update:

QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium

lilebonymace's patches

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD

REMOVED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE                                                       Redundant

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE - MM Patch                                           "

SKSE

(SKSE64) Havok Fix                                                                                    Redundant

SKSE.ini                                                                                                              "

Textures

Renthal Nettle SSE                                                                                     Included in Pfuscher's Parallax

HD Saw dust                                                                                                                    "

High-poly Pebbles                                                                                                           "

Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture Special Edition                                         Replaced by Auriel's Chantry

Snow Elf Ruins Upscaled Textures                                                                                   "

Riften in High Definition - Optional Cobblestones                                   Replaced by Pfuscher's Parallax

CleverCharff's Castle Volkihar - Stone Tiles                                               Included in Pfuscher's Parallax

Tamrielic Textures Landscapes                                                                   Replaced by Majestic Landscapes 

Hyperborean Snow                                                                                                          "

Northern Shores                                                                                                              "

Septentrional Landscapes                                                                                                "

Grass Terrain Remade                                                                                                      "

Nordic Tent upgrade                                                                                 Included in Pfuscher's Parallax

Small Nordic Tent                                                                                                            "

Parallax Pelts                                                                                                                    "

PC

Bronze Shine Be Gone                                                                               Redundant

Override

Immersive Carry Weight Spells                                                                  The mod 'Odin' got similar spells.

Immersive Spell Learning                                                                           Too harsh

Weather and Lighting

Ultimate HD Fire Effects                                                                             Redundant

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Blended Roads

Majestic Landscapes

? DON'T download and use the provided LOD files. They don't work too well with the list.

SKSE

SSE Display Tweaks

Textures

Skyrim 2018

Skyrim 2020 Parallax

Ice Cave Parallax Improved                                                                      Moved from 'Area'.

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Roads

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Whiterun Streets A2                                            Moved within the group.

HD Barrels

Less Shiny Manhole

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit

Auriel's Chantry

NVP - Temple of Kynareth Redone                                                          Moved from 'Area'.

NVP - Temple of Kynareth Redone - Parallax                                                       "

Markarth - A Mountainous Experience

Mari's flora                                                                                               Moved within the group.

Snowberries                                                                                                          "

Snowberries HD Texture Option                                                                           "

Skyrim 3D StoneWalls

Creatures

HD Butterflies Moths and Torchbugs

Physics and Animation

Lowered Hands

Armor

CBBE Creation Club Outfits Bodyslides

Simple Leather Backpack

Elianora's Simple Leather Backpack - CC Backpack

CC Spell Knight Armor Upscaled - Improved

Override

(Test) Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul                                                        Had no issues so far

(Test) Odin - Ordinator Compatibility Patch

(Test) Odin - Metric Units

NPC

Serana (High Poly)                                                                                    Great option

Sound

Immersive Speech Dialogues

A Bow's Whisper

Serana Dialogue Add-On

Smooth Blade Draw and Sheath

Weather and Lighting

Green Moth - ENB Light Patch

Torchbug - ENB Light Patch

Burnt Wood

LL

Fertility Mode v3 fixes and Tweaks

Patches

Capital Windhelm HPNPC and KS Hair Patch JS

SDA Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Patch

SDA SL Patch

Shiny Wet Rocks Fix

Important updates:

Added (WPF stands for WizkidParallaxFarmhouses)

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess'

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Kurone BodySlide Preset'

UPLOAD:

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Wrong Body'

GG Body - Strapons

GG Body - Serana (HPH)

Kurone - Strapons

Kurone - Serana (HPH)

Added/Updated entries:

See 'Important updates'.

Checking out:

Spoiler

Steepfall Burrow - Revisited

Ustengrav - Revisited

Knee Fix (Prototype)

Paragon Sparrow Huntress                                                         Arrmor for Bosmer/Auri?

Fertility Mode 3 Fixes and Tweaks

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

First lets find out what error message you are getting when you do so.

If they are just .esp files without data, right click in the left pane >all mods>create empty mod. Name it what the esp is named (example) companion werewolf fix> hit enter. right click the empty mod and open in explorer. drag the esp/esm/esl/file ( i just copy/paste) exit the explorer and right click the same mod again >ignore data This only works for loose files like the shield sisters werewolf esp.

Since you can set up your web browser to save in locations everytime you save. I have mine set up to ask every time i DL something and if it is a file for skyrim it's saved in the skyrim downloads folder automatically. Since I am guessing that is not the case with you. Second icon at the top looks like a box with a disk in front if it. Hover your mouse over it ands it should say {install a new mod from an acrhive} click, go to whereever your mod was downloaded to and click it then OK. It should then install as normal.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. English is not my first language.

By "files" I meant files that aren't mods or archives (or esp/esl/esm files), like the SKSE.ini

I get a red window saying "the content of data does not look valid" and ignoring that, I get a greyed out entry, which i am assuming does not do anything.
Many of them are also not linked in the OP (like Dead Briarheart SOS Patch) so I'm unsure how to get them in the first place

Just got a new PC after my old one was lost in a fire and I'm restarting from scratch. I have been a Oldrim holdout all this time, but thought I might as well start an SE build since I lost literally everything. 

Have to admit, I was a bit lost on what I'd need for a solid SE foundation, so this guide has been an extremely helpful resource. As an experienced modder, I'll of course tweak it, but having a working foundation is a Godsend right now when I've been without my Skyrim fix for over a month, lol. 

So: Thank you Aylis. your efforts are extremely appreciated :)

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.1.6'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

This was one of the worst weeks i ever had while modding. One bug after another. Adding a big texture mod is just sooooo much fun... NOT!

But i finally managed to improve a lot of textures and the game runs smoother as those have been optimized. Tagträumer did an incredible job with the landscape, Pfuscher is used for the rest.

Thankfully this was the only and last big pack i was waiting for. Now it will be mostly convenience mods, bug fixes (i hope i got them all) and minor changes.

RERUN for an update:

QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium

lilebonymace's patches

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD

REMOVED mods:

Reveal hidden contents

Foundation

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE                                                       Redundant

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE - MM Patch                                           "

SKSE

(SKSE64) Havok Fix                                                                                    Redundant

Textures

Renthal Nettle SSE                                                                                     Included in Pfuscher's Parallax

HD Saw dust                                                                                                                    "

High-poly Pebbles                                                                                                           "

Riften in High Definition - Optional Cobblestones                                   Replaced by Pfuscher's Parallax

CleverCharff's Castle Volkihar - Stone Tiles                                               Included in Pfuscher's Parallax

Tamrielic Textures Landscapes                                                                   Replaced by Majestic Landscapes 

Hyperborean Snow                                                                                                          "

Northern Shores                                                                                                              "

Septentrional Landscapes                                                                                                "

Grass Terrain Remade                                                                                                      "

Nordic Tent upgrade                                                                                 Included in Pfuscher's Parallax

Small Nordic Tent                                                                                                            "

Parallax Pelts                                                                                                                    "

PC

Bronze Shine Be Gone                                                                               Redundant

Override

Immersive Carry Weight Spells                                                                  The mod 'Odin' got similar spells.

Immersive Spell Learning                                                                           Too harsh

Weather and Lighting

Ultimate HD Fire Effects                                                                             Redundant

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Hide contents

Foundation

Majestic Landscapes

? DON'T download and use the provided LOD files. They don't work too well with the list.

SKSE

SSE Display Tweaks

Textures

Skyrim 2018

Skyrim 2020 Parallax

Ice Cave Parallax Improved                                                                      Moved from 'Area'.

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Roads

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Whiterun Streets A2                                            Moved within the group.

HD Barrels

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit

NVP - Temple of Kynareth Redone                                                          Moved from 'Area'.

NVP - Temple of Kynareth Redone - Parallax                                                       "

Markarth - A Mountainous Experience

Mari's flora                                                                                               Moved within the group.

Snowberries                                                                                                          "

Snowberries HD Texture Option                                                                           "

Skyrim 3D StoneWalls

Physics and Animation

Lowered Hands

Armor

CC Spell Knight Armor Upscaled - Improved

Override

(Test) Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul                                                        Had no issues so far

(Test) Odin - Ordinator Compatibility Patch

(Test) Odin - Metric Units

NPC

Serana (High Poly)                                                                                    Great option

Sound

Serana Dialogue Add-On

Smooth Blade Draw and Sheath

Weather and Lighting

Burnt Wood

Patches

SDA Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Patch

SDA SL Patch

Shiny Wet Rocks Fix

Important updates:

Added (WPF stands for WizkidParallaxFarmhouses)

UPLOAD:

WIP

Added/Updated entries:

See 'Important updates'.

Checking out:

Reveal hidden contents

Steepfall Burrow - Revisited

Ustengrav - Revisited

Au Naturel - Fit and Natural Preset

Knee Fix (Prototype)

Paragon Sparrow Huntress                                                         Arrmor for Bosmer/Auri?

Fertility Mode 3 Fixes and Tweaks

Regarding Fomods like Skyrim 2018, can I assume that in general we're supposed to check every option unless stated otherwise? Also is the Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Roads the blended roads file? Otherwise I can't seem to find it and why the LE version for HD stone quarry?

1 hour ago, Hamakabula said:

By "files" I meant files that aren't mods or archives (or esp/esl/esm files), like the SKSE.ini

I get a red window saying "the content of data does not look valid" and ignoring that, I get a greyed out entry, which i am assuming does not do anything.
Many of them are also not linked in the OP (like Dead Briarheart SOS Patch) so I'm unsure how to get them in the first place

A little bit of reading helps:

Legend

(File)              : You can find the download for this file in post #7 'Files'.

Also there are a lot of informations on page #1. Instructions, links and much more...

But you have to use them (especially the links to tutorials).

1 hour ago, Sinastra said:

Regarding Fomods like Skyrim 2018, can I assume that in general we're supposed to check every option unless stated otherwise? Also is the Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Roads the blended roads file? Otherwise I can't seem to find it and why the LE version for HD stone quarry?

As it states 'otherwise'.

We don't use 'Blended Roads' only the texture.

Doesn't need an ESP and does the same without hiccups/bugs.

But i'm off for a break. Been on it for 12 hours now and need some food and drink. Sleep is overrated anyway...

1 hour ago, Hamakabula said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. English is not my first language.

oh. Things like the .ini files do not go in the MO2. for the skse.ini file it goes here

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.23b8cb274a321cadbd29bca33fa1373c.png

You need to look for the original skse.ini file. This is where mine is. It's not in the data folder, it's in the main folder.

And if you are using profiles the skyrim pref.ini are in MO2, if not they are in the user section of windows.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.741cfafd4f54400d0f6be6fa0fd12d6f.png

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

Why are you running it UNDERvolted? Short on power? Case doesn't cool well? 

No the 5700XT runs hot generally so I just do it but I'll see how it goes with full power and VRAM OC'd.  I did some research on Vsync and AMD GPUs and it seems to work with it best off on my Radeon Settings but on in my ENB settings.  Was just looking for any comparisons or is it fairly average in comparison to other set ups and what are you doing to maximize frames without sacrificing visual fidelity.  

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

oh. Things like the .ini files do not go in the MO2. for the skse.ini file it goes here

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.23b8cb274a321cadbd29bca33fa1373c.png

You need to look for the original skse.ini file. This is where mine is. It's not in the data folder, it's in the main folder.

And if you are using profiles the skyrim pref.ini are in MO2, if not they are in the user section of windows.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.741cfafd4f54400d0f6be6fa0fd12d6f.png

Thanks. I guess what confused me was that they have a specific location in the load order when they don't actually go there.

While we're at it, moving the mods from the "left" of the MO2 window to the "right" doesnt actually transfer all of them (530 on the left translates to 350 on the right, currently). Also the order seems to be different, even using the tool mentioned in the OP. Is that normal or did I do something wrong? Game seems to run so far...

1 hour ago, ascendentkunglao said:

No the 5700XT runs hot generally so I just do it but I'll see how it goes with full power and VRAM OC'd.  I did some research on Vsync and AMD GPUs and it seems to work with it best off on my Radeon Settings but on in my ENB settings.  Was just looking for any comparisons or is it fairly average in comparison to other set ups and what are you doing to maximize frames without sacrificing visual fidelity.  

inwin has some great fans that are mounted to the case and can be moved to where ever you need cooling. i want to say the mars edition fans. (I went and looked on their store, since i don't know if you are in the US or not, you may be able to find something close if not. mars

6 minutes ago, Hamakabula said:

Thanks. I guess what confused me was that they have a specific location in the load order when they don't actually go there.

While we're at it, moving the mods from the "left" of the MO2 window to the "right" doesnt actually transfer all of them (530 on the left translates to 350 on the right, currently). Also the order seems to be different, even using the tool mentioned in the OP. Is that normal or did I do something wrong? Game seems to run so far...

ok, the "Left" side is ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the mods. the "right" side only lists the mods that use an .esl/.esm/.esp. Alot of the small texture mods do not use any form or esp/esl/esm. so you can have 500+ mods and still only have less than the 254 mod limit for esm+esp (everyone says 255 but the 3 bethesda add-ons count as 1)

Humm...so; When installing the Skyrim 2018 mod, you're saying we only need the architecture and the optionally the chicken, but if I only pick those two options in the FOMOD installer, the mod ends up installing a lot more than that. So, is that intentional, or should I manually remove the contents of the mod other than the architecture and the chicken folders?

Alright so this is my first time modding Skyrim (to this extent). I've been following this guide to the letter, downloading mods, loading mods, running FNIS, Nemesis, Dyndolod etc for several days (about 6hrs for the various Dyndolod steps alone). Game still worked yesterday (and looked markedly better) but now that I'm finally done, it just crashes on startup. I'm close to tears

I get no error message, there are no red flags in the LO, there's just one notification (a few form 43 plugins), all the mods seem fine (except for "ancient dwemer metal patch" and "song of the green patches" which seem to be missing something as they are greyed out). All the .esm files are at the top of the LO similar to the screenshot in the OP, SKSE, the game itself and MO2 are all fresh installs

I only deviated from the guide in that I did not install the weapon and creature mods (yet) and installed some bodyslide presets (disabling them doesnt change anything though)

Overwrite folder is empty (all the files there had been moved into mods of their own as per the guide) although the one error im getting is that the game "failed to parse plugin file: Occlusion.esp" in the original overwrite folder (it is now an activated mod file under MO2 though). Copying the esp back into overwrite removes the error message but still CTD's on startup. Disabling the mods/files I am most worried about (since it's vodoo to me), like TexGen, XLodGen, DynDOLOD and AO, similarly, does nothing...

What surprised me though was that the OP mentions disabling two .esm files created by TexGen/XLodGen, but those never showed up for me in the first place. Only one for DynDOLOD

Troubleshooting in the OP only pertains to possible errors ingame but I dont even get that far anymore. Any ideas what possible causes are? Did something go wrong since I did all this inbetween OP updates apparently?

Does de/reactivating mods mess things up? I had to clear the LO a few times and then redid it with the sync loadorder tool without reinstalling the various FOMOD mods by hand (assuming their settings were saved?)

----------------------------

EDIT: Managed to narrow it down to an issue with FNIS/Nemesis. After deactivating the overwrite files i made via those I can start the game at least. Not sure if Dyndolod did its magic since it doesnt look much better than before, but its a start.

Questions:

- Can I retrace the FNIS/Nemesis setups without having to redo/messing up everything else?

- Same question for all the other mods I guess (also if i want to add more later down the road). OP was very specific about installing and even patching things in a certain order, de- and reactivating things etc..

- How will I know if Dyndolod etc worked?