Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

My CTD whenever I entered a town popped back up, but I figured it out. EmbersXD has been updating a lot recently. I used to install the JK's Skyrim patch in its FOMOD. But since this list started using Tamrielic LIghts I installed the "JK's Skyrim + Tamrielic Lights" plugin, but left the old one in too. The CTD inside cities makes a lot more sense now. I thought for sure it was something with the Area patches, but nope.

So if anybody is like me and feels the need to incessantly update their mods, probably go ahead and uninstall Embers XD completely if you're going to update it.

@Aylis - Yeah, I played with the settings but there was still something it did that I couldn't turn off. Can't remember right now what it was. It's been a while since I've messed with it so it might have changed, but I can't be arsed to mess with it when I'm busy breaking and fixing Skyrim.

(Now if there was a way to display the PC actually carrying his/her helmet when not in battle? Sign me TF up.)

Just to play champion of Molag Bal here..

Why not make 2 lists. the stable list from 2-3 changes ago with the first switch to cleverchariff's texture mods and keep that as an official mod list. the second is a complete rebuild with the newest updates of various mods like embers XD vs embers HD, FNIS vs Nemesis, spirder webs a vs spider webs b etc so that alot of these issues popping up of wrong skse or unsupported mods is ran by only a few who ya know.. know how to properly fix a jank install or a bad mod. I point to the whole title of the post... Skyrim SE for BEGINNERS... Not Skyrim SE for ADEPTS. Not skyrim SE for MASTERS. You know.. people who have never modded a game in their life.

I still have not given up on the spell research mod (a new char would be required and i'm just now getting into dawnguard stuff. If i can ever get a conjuration archtype i'm off to the races, still can't figure out how to get at least one point in it). I'm trying to see if i can get a massive nuke chain lightning spell put together like you could in morrowwind whare you set it off.. lots of things die...

@jaeos

The biggest problem so far seems to be having a mix of older and new mods (aka missing the update for a mod). What i got 'in the works' plus a follower as example should be the last mods to add.

I'm actually more inclined to remove some (maybe even optional) mods. There are quite a few mods in there i wouldn't even consider using and those, excluding the stuff in LL (i don't want to break that stuff again), got a high chance to end up on the chopping block.

@Aylis Yeah, now you can choose between a JK's skyrim patch and a JK's Skyrim + TML patch.

Spoiler

thing.png.0afa2b4c02de10052bdeb187fece3c09.png

I've also noticed since switching from FNIS to FNIS & Nemesis that FNIS tends to t-pose and freeze a lot of animals now. Uninstalling the creatures (through clicking the button in FNIS, not removing the mod) and then doing the steps for FNIS/Nemesis listed in post #3 works. Just a mention in case someone else sees this.

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

@jaeos

The biggest problem so far seems to be having a mix of older and new mods (aka missing the update for a mod). What i got 'in the works' plus a follower as example should be the last mods to add.

I'm actually more inclined to remove some (maybe even optional) mods. There are quite a few mods in there i wouldn't even consider using and those, excluding the stuff in LL (i don't want to break that stuff again), got a high chance to end up on the chopping block.

If you won't use it on a serious playthrough (minus LL) chop it would be my suggestion. Remember K.I.S.S.... Keep It Simple Stupid. The less intricate the design the harder it is for people to mess up the install..

As somebody who used to be a habitual Skyrim modder and just came back from a ~3 year hiatus, this guide was invaluable for me but I do kinda agree that it doesn't feel like a beginner's guide. If I were an actual beginner, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten completely lost here and there and/or ended up with suspect mods.

Either way, thanks a lot for writing this up. I cut quite a bit out of it and added a bunch of other stuff to suit my own tastes, but it was great to use as a base.

@ All

The entries for the patches (? XYZ) are those helpful or more confusing?

Also is it easy for you to find a mod on Bethesda.net?

Just found a solution for the briarheart bug (so it works without having to manually flag the armor as revealing).

Hopefully i'm getting the permission to repack and upload it so the installation gets easier for you.

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

@ All

The entries for the patches (? XYZ) are those helpful or more confusing?

Also is it easy for you to find a mod on Bethesda.net?

Just found a solution for the briarheart bug (so it works without having to manually flag the armor as revealing).

Hopefully i'm getting the permission to repack and upload it so the installation gets easier for you.

I find them helpful to know exactly where I need to move the patches. That way I am less likely to screw up the load order involving the patches

5 hours ago, bybee said:

If I already installed and am playing with Touched By Dibella with SMP, can I just uninstall all the bodies and FNIS and Nemsis and reinstall them to follow the CBBE path?

What you want to change there is the basic shape of the body. For that you'd only have to replace EVA or Wrong Body with the one you want to use and then rerun the bodyslides for the nude body and the used armors.

Got permission for the bugfix. banana.gif.64307f0928cc0c81e2f02c5041f6d563.gif

Uploaded file:

'Dead Briarheart SoS Patch'  Uploaded, added to the list and post #3280

With that one fixed there's only one real bug left: the immortal chicken and rabbits. But for that one there already exists a fix (it just has to be made official).

@bybee as @Aylis said, change the preset to whatever you choose, and you can either just batch build everything (means some plate armor will have bouncy chest armor, or no physics which means some cloth will not bounce when it should) or go slow, and do it by groups using the groups manager to do phycis bouncy stuff on cloth and some leather and no physics on plate etc) after you are done. Make sure you re-run just the 3bbb amazing body solo at the end, so if you did choose the wrong nude body you correct it before you exit.

Fnis and Nemesis are animations. (think stick figures under your PC.) if you want to keep your animations but want to get rid of the touched by dibella mod then you just need to shut off touched and re-run the bodyslides. No need to redo FNIS and Nemesis.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:22 AM, Aylis said:

Will check Immersive Spell Learning next.

My personal favorite among the alternatives to insta-learn-spells type of mods. Compatible with all spell mods, no need for patches, MCM to setup some things. Only downside is you can choose to keep the tomes (for selling or making scrolls, etc.) but then you can instantly learn the spell if you activate the tomes in your inventory (you have to drop a tome and choose to make notes of it in order to get the item to study them). You can configure the mod so there is no option and it converts tomes into notes automatically, but then you may end up destroying tomes that you didn't intend to learn. Having needs/survival mods is a plus too (not required tho), so passing time has consequences (needing to eat/sleep or finding proper shelter).

All in all, it solves the problem of being able to instantly learn any amount of spells in no time. I'm currently starting the College of Winterhold with my character and found a Shalidor’s Beacon tome (from Mysticism, an expert Alteration spell to return to the College) and I was like "oh neat, I'll just keep it with me for when I want a quick travel back here" then I check the required time to master the spell: 126 hours at my current level. Which IMO is fine, as my character can barely manage apprentice spells at this point.

Hi Aylis - thanks so much for the guide. I've been having issues with light flickering in Riften outside of Haelga's Bunkhouse, and I think I scuffed my load order at some point with JK's Skyrim/ Dawn of Skyrim/ Lanters of Skyrim/ Tamriel Master Lights. What should my load order look like for those mods and their patches?

32 minutes ago, Dirknina said:

First rule is don't use Loot!!!

as for order its just as its on the list page.  eveything should match up,  just have to move the esm's up towards top as you activate each mod in turn as long as your using MO2 for vortex it should be same, others here might now more about vortex ordering than I.

I laughed so hard when I saw this.. Aylis has trained us well :D

Previous update

Updating status to '3.0.3'.

Removed the 'Low-Poly-Path'. Having two groups for 'NPC' is more confusing than helpful. Also the minimum card to run all this would be a Radeon RX 570 (8 GB!) and that one is available atm for around 130€. The next one, a RX 580 (8 GB!), can be bought for around 150€. Neither of them is so expensive that it is too hard to get one for the system and both can handle HPH.

REMOVED mods:

UI:

A Quality Worldmap

Natural Colored Map Markers                                          Got something even better

Area:

KSHair for JK's Skyrim

KSHair for Dawn of Skyrim

Breezehome                                                                      After seeing 'Tundra Homestead' i know why this mod never left Beta.

PC:

A dentist for Orsimers

Weapons and Armor:

Lustmord Vampire Armor                                                 Too glossy for my taste.

Peacekeeper Armour - CBBE 

Undies - CBBE 3BBB (3BA) Bodyslides                              I prefer to use the dress from 'Dibella Sisterhood' anyway. So it comes down to one ESP less in the LO.

Override:

KSHair For Alternate Start                                          Redundant

Reusable Corpses for Necromancy - No Ash Piles           Does more harm than good

NPC                                                                              Yep, the whole group is gone.

Weather and Lighting:

A Quality Worldmap - Luminosity Compatibility Patch   Not needed anymore

Final:

Skyrim Water Flow Fix                                                      Redundant

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Riften Docks Overhaul

UI:

Simple Colored Map Markers SSE                                  This helps a lot to find the location where you have to go.

Area:

Riften Docks Overhaul - LoS II Patch

Textures:

Skyrim 3D Rocks

Skyrim 3D Rocks - Better Dynamic Snow - Patch

Ingredients

Weapons and Armor:

Frankly HD Nightingale Armor and Weapons

Frankly HD Nightingale Armor CBBE SE

Guards Armor - Bodyslide Files                                    Not really that good, but still better than nothing.

Override:

The Tale of Tsatampra Xiros                                         Not sure if i should call this scary... Very well made mod

Clams Drop Pearls

Immersive Carry Weight Spells                                    Very useful.

CG4 Horse Muck SE                                                     For the immersion

Weather and Lighting:

Volcanic Tundra - Heat Wave Effects                           Subtle but good.

UPLOAD:

None.

In the works:

Elegant Queen - Elisif Replacer for SSE                       Together with HPH very nice. Will be added.

Serana Spell Selector

Immersive Spell Learning

lilebonymace's patches                                               Will be added. Add info in QUASIPC

TK Dodge SE                                                                Will be added.

Dlizzio's Mesh Fixes                                                     Will be added.

HD LODs Textures SE                                                   Required for the mesh fixes. Will be added.

SMIM Furniture Improvement

Example for a follower:

Spoiler

Song of the Green                                                 Works with LL?

Auri - Song of the Green SL Patch

Song of the Green - Auri Replacer 

Riften Docks Overhaul - Song of the Green

Still to do:

Better mountain textures (waiting for Pfuschers update)

Updated the patches. This time i should have gotten them all... Really...

5 hours ago, kesryth said:

I laughed so hard when I saw this.. Aylis has trained us well :D

My methods seem to work... verwandlung.gif.7c73ac9bff6d4b3535d9b1a7048be316.gif

?

37 minutes ago, bybee said:

About to take a bath. Non-ENB Skyrim has never looked this good :) Thanks for the guide!

Thanks for giving it a chance. :)