Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Maybe i should stop posting on what i'm working atm... ?

That stuff is NOT final!

Please don't, it's actually really helpful, for example when deciding whether to start a new run or wait for the new update if there are great additions included.

Maybe not the best place to ask, but is there an interest in old-school pen-and-paper RPG dungeons/adventures?

I have a bunch of old pen-and-paper DnD/Rolemaster/MERP/PalladiumFantasy modules that I converted into dungeons and quests in the CK for Skyrim and Oblivion years ago for school. I have been debating bringing them up to date with SE, and adding mod support, but wasn't sure anyone would be interested in them.

1 hour ago, kesryth said:

Maybe not the best place to ask, but is there an interest in old-school pen-and-paper RPG dungeons/adventures?

I have a bunch of old pen-and-paper DnD/Rolemaster/MERP/PalladiumFantasy modules that I converted into dungeons and quests in the CK for Skyrim and Oblivion years ago for school. I have been debating bringing them up to date with SE, and adding mod support, but wasn't sure anyone would be interested in them.

Sounds interesting to me.

5 hours ago, kesryth said:

You would probably have to contact the various companies that own those games to see if they object, as you are giving them away for free chances are they would not be bothered, but you can never tell, they may not want you to do so.

A good old fashioned dungeon crawl is never out of place, well not as long as they are decent sized places anyway, most of the dungeons in skyrim are far too small in my view.

Just now, Varithina said:

You would probably have to contact the various companies that own those games to see if they object, as you are giving them away for free chances are they would not be bothered, but you can never tell, they may not want you to do so.

A good old fashioned dungeon crawl is never out of place, well not as long as they are decent sized places anyway, most of the dungeons in skyrim are far too small in my view.

Totally agreed on the dungeon sizes in vanilla. As for the use of the dungeon modules for Skyrim, that is a really valid issue, and i actually did research this before during school. As long as I indicate that it is based on/inspired by the module,  indicate that i do not own the rights to the original material, nor is it officially sanctioned, and ideally, use a legally distinct name I "should" be staying well on the side of legal. Fortunately, I also have no intent to charge for it, so that eliminates another possible issue.

4 hours ago, johnny0183 said:

Strange Runes looks interesting, especially for those magicians among us

It is.. BUT.. it does not play well with some magic trees and/or special races. Notably the two races i use (both by trykz) and Natureborn has issues with it as well. Nothing game breaking, but it has put red runes on green spells, yellow runes on red spells etc. i have a few spells it doesn't put them on at all so it's just a small brown or green glow in the hand. However Lupine is a mod i think you would enjoy, do you break free from hircine, or are you a loyal dog?

6 hours ago, jaeos said:

1tb so.. skyrim and mods only huh ?

Nah, i hope to get 'Baldurs Gate III' and 'Cyberpunk 2077' on it too. ;)

It will be interesting to see what happens when all the modders get let loose on Cyberpunk... Interesting and scary at the same time.

4 hours ago, Dirknina said:

speaking of magic this is what I'm currently using 

Apocalypse

Spell Research

Spell Research- Experience Book

Altered Spell Tomes for Spell Research

so far its been interesting on learning new spells

Apocalypse is a big no-No-NO from me. ?

Atm i'm considering Immersive Carry Weight Spells and Immersive Spell Learning. And there was a mod that changed the mage quest so you actually had to study (no more acolyte to archmage in three days). And i still hate how that lackluster quest gets forced on you!

I'll take a look at 'Spell Research'. Sounds, from the name, to be right my alley...

Its views like this when i know i'm on the right track

Spoiler

237297512_RaininRiverwood.jpg.d2d0d28958b22e58d0b1bcf3ae1ff4aa.jpg

Btw. my friend got lucky (i rolled a 1 on a d20) and i'll go the 'i come in peace and bring breakfast' routine (better than his 'IT breakfast' of Coca-Cola and a cigarette) before pestering him about the new drive. 

@Aylis

OK Here's that writeup on how to patch Nemesis

Spoiler

HOW TO ADD A PATCH TO NEMESIS

In my example I'll be using Achery Gameplay Overhaul

1.    Get the latest Nemesis Behavior Engine and install it
    2.    Download Achery Gameplay Overhaul Nemesis Patch
    3.    Extract Nemesis patch to your desktop
    4.    Now go to your Mods folder in skyrim or where your mods get placed by MO2
        Mine is here.    G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods
    5.    Now find Nemesis Mod and go to \Nemesis\Nemesis_Engine\mod
    6.    Now open with a second file explorer AGO's Nemesis patch and go to         Data\Nemesis_Engine\mod\agpo
    7.    Copy the folder agpo and paste it inside Nemesis\Nemesis_Engine\mod

If all went good it should look like this

1581005030_Screenshot(14).png.c9b7bd9a7e9923eba72fb9fb9f696d62.png

Nemesis Pacth walkthou.txt

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

Probably why i have a 250 gig drive for system, one 500 gig solid state for skyrim/mods/metro exodus/fallout xx/ and any other spill over from steam (rts like dawn of man), second 500 for origin and uplay and a 5 tb for well.. everything else... and they are all over half to 3/4 full

6 hours ago, Dirknina said:

@Aylis

speaking of magic this is what I'm currently using 

Apocalypse

Spell Research

Spell Research- Experience Book

Altered Spell Tomes for Spell Research

so far its been interesting on learning new spells

i would add Train and Study to that as it lets you study the whole school i.e. destruction and uses stam for weapons and magicka for spells so you MUST rest to get the missing part back. I learned real quick to train for a day, sleep for a day or you have no stam to shoot the damn bow with when your ass goes off on a quest and you forget you just studied archery for 8 hours and have like 40 stam.....  yeah... the bandits had fun though.... 

@Aylis why was it no apocalypse? 

11 hours ago, Aylis said:

6 hours ago, jaeos said:

Probably why i have a 250 gig drive for system, one 500 gig solid state for skyrim/mods/metro exodus/fallout xx/ and any other spill over from steam (rts like dawn of man), second 500 for origin and uplay and a 5 tb for well.. everything else... and they are all over half to 3/4 full

Why the hell considering the size of current games does everybody go for teeny tiny hard drives?

I use a 250gb solid state for boot/drivers and such, and have 4 6tb for actual use, steam and my games sit on two of those and they are both about 1/2 full or thereabouts.  Oh two of the bays in my nas enclosure have 6tb drives in them for achieve and backups, and I keep thinking about filling the other two bays with another two 6tb.

My next build I am thinking of either 4 8tb or depending on the price of drives at the time 4 10tb, with probably a 512gb solid state for boot and such.