Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

10 hours ago, jaeos said:

why was it no apocalypse? 

I think some of what gets added is overpowered. Also the sheer number of the added spells.

3 hours ago, Varithina said:

Why the hell considering the size of current games does everybody go for teeny tiny hard drives?

Take your pick: available space (i got a drive for every task), money (SSD/NVME are coming down but are still quite expensive), more important things than upgrading a PC (family comes first), etc.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

I'm confused about when it is necessary to patch Nemesis.

You're not alone with that...

Got to rework my preset. Suddenly it developed a white head... Definitely not what i had in mind when i started to rework it.

Spoiler

Bug.jpg.4f5c80c96765eae611f8af7704b9b2b1.jpg

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Dirknina I'm confused about when it is necessary to patch Nemesis. Your instructions are for when you want to add another animation to it? You can't just click the box? I'm still very new to figuring it out.

I think I can answer this one, as I was checking out the Archery Gameplay overhaul mentioned in the patching instructions that were posted. According to the site for AGO and its Nemesis patch (dated 3/23/2020):

Nemesis 0.83c already includes an AGO patch. However, it (Nemesis) will soon be updating and the AGO patch will not be bundled in. At that time, you'll need this patch to use AGO with Nemesis.

So my understanding is that when Nemesis updates, it is possible that patches that are currently included may not be bundled with the new version, at which point you would need to have the patch for a given mod so it will continue to work with Nemesis.

31 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Well.. you are the Dragonborn.. So learning spells should actually come naturally and be overpowered compared to a regular mage. 

true but don't want it game breaking, I know you can import spells in apocalypse and i think you can dumb down the spells apocalypse adds almost got this order fixed.

48 minutes ago, kesryth said:

I think I can answer this one, as I was checking out the Archery Gameplay overhaul mentioned in the patching instructions that were posted. According to the site for AGO and its Nemesis patch (dated 3/23/2020):

Nemesis 0.83c already includes an AGO patch. However, it (Nemesis) will soon be updating and the AGO patch will not be bundled in. At that time, you'll need this patch to use AGO with Nemesis.

So my understanding is that when Nemesis updates, it is possible that patches that are currently included may not be bundled with the new version, at which point you would need to have the patch for a given mod so it will continue to work with Nemesis.

Yes that's true the newest version does not have the patches but the older version of nemesis is a bit buggy,  and the way my friend said to do it is merge the patch for the mod its for so AGO and its patch you merge them, then Nemesis will pick it up, if you don't see the box in nemesis for it,  then theirs a problem with file order for patch.  should read Nemesis_Engine\mod\    then the mod name like agop.  sorry for any confusion  i should have researched more on the folder order.  just pulling my hair out truing to undo a screw up.

6 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Dynamic Equipment Manager. You can edit the .json file to enable or disable ammo, helmet and shield management.

Haha, thank you very much. I didn't even know that mod existed in mod list >_<. Went through every MCM option and looked through override and armor/weapon's section.

4 hours ago, Dirknina said:

true but don't want it game breaking, I know you can import spells in apocalypse and i think you can dumb down the spells apocalypse adds almost got this order fixed.

Yes that's true the newest version does not have the patches but the older version of nemesis is a bit buggy,  and the way my friend said to do it is merge the patch for the mod its for so AGO and its patch you merge them, then Nemesis will pick it up, if you don't see the box in nemesis for it,  then theirs a problem with file order for patch.  should read Nemesis_Engine\mod\    then the mod name like agop.  sorry for any confusion  i should have researched more on the folder order.  just pulling my hair out truing to undo a screw up.

The counter argument is simply this.. you are the dragonborn, because of your inherent magicka abilities even a "simple" flame spell could be overpowered into a conflageration simply based on the dragonborns inherent skill with words such as yol toor shul. 

Did you try removing all of fnis and seeing if combat overhaul is the culprit or that it is completely incompatible with fnis? (ALL fnis files including the output you make when fnis is run)

7 hours ago, Dirknina said:

BTW Combat Gameplay Overhaul couses CTD's at load screen after you select your save/new.

Thanks for the confirmation (i wanted to test that one too ;)). If i remember correctly CGO is incompatible with two or three mods in the list.

5 hours ago, wollboi said:

@kesryth @Dirknina Ahhhh, okay. That makes more sense. Thanks!

My thoughts exactly.

Today i'll make the update with the smaller changes. Those have proven to be stable. The bigger mods will come later as i want to make sure that they do work as intended (aka i'll make more tests over the course of the next week).

For those who get a 'black screen' for a few seconds after changing the area i've got good news. I found the settings for this behaviour and it can be removed to a certain degree. But, and that seems to be a limitation of the game, it shouldn't be removed completely or set too short. Some assets are loaded after your PC enters the world and imho seeing those appear is worse than the 'black screen'. I have to tinker with it more to find the right balance, but i'm working on it. :) 

Uploaded File

Aylis (Breton) HPH V1.2

Spoiler

1117154712_AylisHPH1.2.jpg.05baeb2392f2d8643245c4a4fd2a1759.jpg

I'm still tinkering with the skin. 'Fair Skin', which we need for the textures of the teeth, is way too smooth and 'doll-like' (is that a word?) for my taste. Got to see if i can combine it somehow with my skin.

right now I'm testing out

Dynamic Combat Module 

Animated Armoury - DAR Version - New Weapons with animations 

Awakened Warrior Greatsword Animations SE

TK Dodge SE

(SGC) SkySA - Combat Behavior Compulsion

so far everything works well, the dodge is a little funky don't know if i have to run FNIS with it checked to get it just right. more testing

here's my load order if anyone interested

loadorder.txt

modlist_order.txt

now remember the modlist order form MO2 you have to read from bottom of page - up, to have it match the list here that aylis has.

I'm getting a black face with the Elisif replacer. I can't seem to work out why, as the only mods that affect her according to SSEEdit are the high poly replacer, IWI, maybe one other mod, and then Elisif last. If it's a conflict with any of those mods I'd imagine others would see it.

Animated Prostitution causes black face with the inn keepers unless you put it before the NPC section, but that doesn't do anything to Elisif.

Previous update

Updating status to '3.0.1'.

Adding more support for 'High-Poly-Heads'. Plus a few recommendations and improvements. 

REMOVED mods:

Textures

ETHEREAL CLOUDS - Special Edition                                              Got a replacement

PC

Kyoe's Bang'n Browse Female                                                        Found a replacement

Kyoe's Bang'n Browse Male                                                            Found a replacement

Aylis (Breton) (File)                                                                          Got updated to HPH

Physics and Animation:

1hm and Dual Wield Animations Overhaul SSE                              Redundant

Weapons and Armor:

Beautiful Amulets and Rings                                                           Redundant

Truly Light Elven Armor (Female) - Replacer - CBBE 3BBB (3BA)    Redundant  

Witcher 2 Steel Plate Armour Replacer                                           Sadly not working as intended.

Enhanced Circlets                                                                            We got better mods

NPC:

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Ressources                                           Redundant

Weather and Lighting:

Horncandles                                                                                   Redundant

Final:

DynDOLOD-DLL-SE                                                                        Redundant

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Preinstallation

Wrye Bash                                                                                      Can't get around it anymore.

Foundation:

High Poly Bones

Aspens Ablaze (Video)

SKSE:                                                                                               Rearranged the content of this group (should have no effect on your game). 

NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE

Area:

JK's Arcadia's Cauldron - USSEP Patch

JK's The Drunken Huntsman - USSEP Patch

Textures

Renthal Nettle SSE                                                                          Moved from 'Foundation'

Snowberries

Vanilla Table Replacers

Common Table replacer SE (No Ropes)

Basic Dining Set Replacer

Puddles

PC

Fair Skin Complexion                                                                    We do need the textures for the teeth.

Fair Skin Complexion - Makeup Addon                                        Actually useful

ESL High Poly Pretty Face Brows                                                  Works better with HPH

Aylis (Breton) HPH (File)

Physics and Animation

Pipe Smoking SE                                                                          Adds a bit immersion.

Diverse Random Normal Attacks

Weapons and Armor:

JS Circlet Replacer                                                                        Filling gaps

Override

MLU - JKs The Drunken Huntsman-ESL                                      Missed that one (and fixed the typo of the OA ;))

Big Backpack HD                                                                         Small but nice visual upgrade

NPC

Dawnguard Sentries Plus SE                                                        Moved from 'Override'. Finally in the right spot

KS Hairdos for Dawnguard sentries Plus

SC - KS Hairdos Retextured                                                         A bit big, but the results are too good to miss.

SC - KS Hairdos Retextured - Physics

Weather and Lighting:

Tamriel Master Lights                                                                  Using the separate mod works better for us

JK Skyrim - TML Cities

Beautiful Clouds                                                                          Looks good and more options

Final:

Bashed Patch

UPLOAD:

Aylis (Breton) HPH V1.2                                                               Mentioning it in case someone didn't see the entry.

In the works:

Texture Patch (File)                                                                      <- Working on it

How would you go about making two instances of skyrim both with different combinations of mods?

A) Using Mod Organizer's profile function, or

B) Making a new instance of the game

?

2 hours ago, lolthisis said:

I'm getting a black face with the Elisif replacer. I can't seem to work out why, as the only mods that affect her according to SSEEdit are the high poly replacer, IWI, maybe one other mod, and then Elisif last. If it's a conflict with any of those mods I'd imagine others would see it.

Animated Prostitution causes black face with the inn keepers unless you put it before the NPC section, but that doesn't do anything to Elisif.

Its not always a replacer, sometimes it's the skin, move ellisif below any mod that changes skin/people/etc and see if you have a blackface, if not, move it up a few slots until you do (don't forget to move the .esp in the right along with the left) and sometimes the left and right need to be reversed to another mod for them both to work right, i remeber something about guards armor replacer and cloaks of skyrim on that. 

7 minutes ago, bybee said:

How would you go about making two instances of skyrim both with different combinations of mods?

A) Using Mod Organizer's profile function, or

B) Making a new instance of the game

?

profile all the way.. then you are only using one set of mods etc, new instance you double your mod size.

EDIT: and now my little sick ass is going back to bed... 

53 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis For Better Dynamic Snow, you say to switch the two ESPs. So you're installing the Snowy Farmhouses addon, and it would go above the main ESP?

Nope. The farmhouses addon has to be below the main one (which it wasn't when i reinstalled). Rephrased that line