Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Aylis That's very weird about the Project Optimization. I'm not getting any of that, but now I'm getting a CTD on my existing save game when I walk outside of a building. Doesn't like removing an ESM. All of this is double weird because it shouldn't affect outside spaces, but I'm guessing the courtyard at Solitude counts.

48 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis That's very weird about the Project Optimization. I'm not getting any of that, but now I'm getting a CTD on my existing save game when I walk outside of a building. Doesn't like removing an ESM. All of this is double weird because it shouldn't affect outside spaces, but I'm guessing the courtyard at Solitude counts.

Use 'Fallrim Tools' on a save after you removed that mod.

So far i found several spots with holes. But if i start to patch them all i got to ask if that mod is worth the effort. So far there has been no difference to the FPS (it was supposed to help with that) and around five ESP less in the LO i got here.

34 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Use 'Fallrim Tools' on a save after you removed that mod.

So far i found several spots with holes. But if i start to patch them all i got to ask if that mod is worth the effort. So far there has been no difference to the FPS (it was supposed to help with that) and around five ESP less in the LO i got here.

I did. No dice. It's fine if I load inside or outside of a building or when I walk from outside to inside. But if I walk from the inside of any building to the outside it crashes.

Edit - I fast traveled across the globe and back and it seems to be okay now. Like it was just the courtyard in Solitude that had the issue. I dunno, life is dumb.

@Aylis Been playing with the spell research mod, so far i have been able to learn all of two new spells... two... I must not think like a mage combine a+f+z and get K. And none of the spells either of the "special" races i use can be used on the research, and I'm not asking trykz for help, I just need to figure out what spells were the basis of the racial spells and how spell research does it's thing for mods like apocalypse and see if i can make a patch... ? which will probably cause a ctd and possibly blow up my computer.

I found it interesting couse it actually takes time like if you try learn a more advanced fire spell it says study for x time it then uses x time like the sleeping time so it feels like you really studied that long.  But it's all personal preference.  And as for the cat jokes earlier in thread.  You should check out my freinds mod.

A Cat's Life.

OA is darkfox. Watched him build his mods on live stream twich and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Dirknina said:

@Aylis

May I make a suggestion on the patches we have to move. Can you at least say from what mod they come from? the snowy farmhouse patch  I don't see it and don't know where it comes from.

the better dynamic snow mod in area 

as far as screenshots post away, just put them in a spoiler tag so it's not a wall of pics 

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

Already did. But if you see a skeever and think about its size then you'll know why i won't add it.

Not sure if i really want to go further...

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1037.jpg.b3425b9fc50664fa7464bdf62905e4b1.jpg

ScreenShot1038.jpg.0aed46d8fb9d3daac498b707fbd76ee9.jpg

Not really the same. I've seen wharf rats the size of small dogs (you know the ones, bug eyes, short hair, always twitching, aggressive as fuck).. well it was either a rat... or a really small opossum. and i live in the desert so...

Is that inside a black book? or is that somewwhere in tamriel?

2 hours ago, jaeos said:

Is that inside a black book? or is that somewwhere in tamriel?

Those two are from Tamriel - the next ones wouldn't (The Tale of Tsatampra Xiros). But that mod is hard (and i mean REALLY hard) the first boss was 32 level above my PC and regenerated faster than i could do damage.

If i find a way to fix this problem then Winterhold Restored would be a nice addition as well.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1039.jpg.a65d7e54234e3f3cbc2cea2f8012cfa7.jpg

Darn! The bodyslides didn't help. Loose files didn't work either... Contacted the OA.

10 hours ago, Dirknina said:

@kesryth

That worked like a charm.  If you have any more tips on MO2. Please share with whole class lol

Glad I can be of help! I think I've spent more time tinkering in MO2 than playing lately when i add replacers.

I love Morskom Estate, and always have it added in my playthroughs. Caranthir tower is an amazing one for mages as well. I actually had some assistance from the OA back when I was in school. I was having trouble with my papyrus scripting and he was really cool and helpful with showing me what I did wrong.

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

Those two are from Tamriel - the next ones wouldn't (The Tale of Tsatampra Xiros). But that mod is hard (and i mean REALLY hard) the first boss was 32 level above my PC and regenerated faster than i could do damage.

If i find a way to fix this problem then Winterhold Restored would be a nice addition as well.

Reveal hidden contents

Darn! The bodyslides didn't help. Loose files didn't work either... Contacted the OA.

depends on what you are specced for and are you letting wildcat handle the difficulty..

and that looks like an issue with guards armor replacer, she's wearing their clothing not original outfits since there are two "guards armor replacer" which one are you using? this is the one i use. 

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

Hide contents

Looks like it requires Slot 34 (Forearms) and slot (Calf's) added to armor addon in the esp. ?

3 hours ago, Drbigt said:

What about Legacy of Dragonborn? Do you recommend using it or not while doing "Lovers Lab run"?

I can say from personal experience that it is script heavy and doesn't always play nice with lots of other mods. It changes so much that you really would build your mods around it, rather than being something you add to other stuff. If you want to try it out, and have a decent system, Lexy's is one of the better ones i have seen that focus on it. You can add some things to it, but I wouldn't go crazy with the Loverslab stuff as you may run into serious bugs.

if you want to look it over: https://lexyslotd.com

Be forewarned, this is not a pack for beginners, it requires some comfort with multiple tools affecting mods, for merging, conflict resolution, skyrim nif conversions, etc...

12 minutes ago, Dirknina said:

I haven't heard that one I used the burma start.  I got beyond skyrim burma installed.  Very interesting the thalmor are dicks

Yes. They always have been :D. Have never tried the Bruma stuff, though I have heard good things. I use New Beginnings - LAL Extension SSE which adds a couple of extra starts, including prisoner of the thalmor (pita start with only a lockpick and in the thalmor prison at Northwatch Keep), a beggar start, a prisoner start, and one I still want to try, a vampire start. 

So far the Way of the Monk seems to be working pretty well. I think i am gonna stick with this for a bit and see how far I go before relying on some weapons.