Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Got a CTD, wonder if anybody can help. Game crashes whenever I'm inside Whiterun and either to save (quick or hard) or enter a building. Started a new character and tried to recreate, but I'm able to save or enter a building with no problem. Which normally means it's time for a Fallrim clean, but Fallrim says there's nothing to clean. So it's obviously something with this character specifically, but not an orphaned script instance?

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

Small thing to check for you guys and gals. Are the added comments OK or too short/complicated?

Works for me. I would recommend offering the ini files for download for the beginners here though - the fewer manual changes need to be made, the better

34 minutes ago, johnny0183 said:

Works for me. I would recommend offering the ini files for download for the beginners here though - the fewer manual changes need to be made, the better

Thats the plan.

Also the next update will be a bit bigger but also the last for some time (excluding bugfixes). Pfuscher still needs some time so i guess i'll include his pack when he starts to work on 'Skyrim 2021'.

22 hours ago, stolensweetroll said:

It's crashing when the player kills a dragon, or enter some specific dungeons (with me, happened in Bleak Falls Barrow, Folgunthur and Forelhost). It's happening in the Skyrim worldspace too (near Dragon Bridge), for some people.

Latest RM release (0.4.16) should fix these crashes. I've been playing with SKSE 2.0.19 and RM 0.4.14, haven't got any CTD. I wasn't aware 0.4.15 was released, today I check RM page and see these two updates to find this.

image.png.11c8a5a54b0687b3aea503cf99a180f9.png

Everything is working as planned and no CTD. For the last mod i have to finish the companion questline first. At the same time i'll travel around to look for hidden bugs (just to make sure there arn't any left). 

I know this is a work in progress but I love updating along, just to see what changes.

On 10/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, Aylis said:

Be careful with this one - personally I had issues with infinite loading screens when I used the 1k DynDOLOD version. Changing it to the performance friendly version fixed it. No idea if it was something that went wrong in the installation but it's at least something to keep in mind when experiencing similar issues.

Skyrim Mix Animation - Diverse Equipment Idle                                      Wow! Integrates very well into the other animations.

(Optional) Skyrim Mix Animation - Diverse Equipment Normal Attack    ''

Skyrim Mix Animation - Diverse Random Idles (Video)   

I love these. A relatively small change but it makes the world so much more dynamic.

Song of the Green                                                                              Nice quest (although a bit easy) and great lore. Very likable companion.

Auri - Song of the Green SL Patch                                                      still testing

(Optional) Song of the Green - Auri Replacer                                    So cute... (even with her sharpened teeth)                                    

Riften Docks Overhaul - Song of the Green

I rarely install new followers but if I do they at the very least need to have some proper custom voice acting. This one definitely looks promising.

I've followed along mostly fine and have completed all the necessary steps, however when i boot the game (specifically in Solitude) i notice that Tulius and several other NPC's have a dark face with light-skin (attached photo). I used all the EVA bodyslide files you provided and have tried running the game with and without them as well as generating new patches and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only thing overwriting Bijin in the load order is the EVA Bijin file (but once again i've tried running without it). I'm confused as to what could be causing these skin coloring issues. 314542677_SkyrimSE2020-10-0518-13-01.thumb.png.060da006e5a83d0f55262de0a11959dd.png

55 minutes ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

I've followed along mostly fine and have completed all the necessary steps, however when i boot the game (specifically in Solitude) i notice that Tulius and several other NPC's have a dark face with light-skin (attached photo). I used all the EVA bodyslide files you provided and have tried running the game with and without them as well as generating new patches and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only thing overwriting Bijin in the load order is the EVA Bijin file (but once again i've tried running without it). I'm confused as to what could be causing these skin coloring issues.

Black faces are caused by two different mods changing a different aspect of the NPC's face. In general creating a Bashed Patch with Wrye and having it load as low as possible (just above the DynDOLOD esp) should have it fixed.

The bodyslide files only change the body's proportion and such, they should not be causing a black face. At most you could be seeing a seem between the head and body if they have a different color.

7 hours ago, johnny0183 said:

I love these. A relatively small change but it makes the world so much more dynamic.

Exactly why i added them. :)

I rarely install new followers but if I do they at the very least need to have some proper custom voice acting. This one definitely looks promising.

Wait 'til you hear her sing. ;)

@RogerRumpTastic

What you got there is either an issue with the LO or you forgot something (old ESP for the single mods were removed and the correct files for the AIO chosen, right?). Same happens with the replacer for Elisif. Below the files for HPH you'll get a black face, but if you place the mod before HPH it all blends together.

In regard to Tulius:

Spoiler

Tulius.jpg.e7e582ac7ce2a1addb8faad9ad01032b.jpg

I've just been through Solitude. No black faces with or without Bijin...

@AylisThe issue seems to evade me. I found out i installed the wrong version of "High Poly NPC" overhaul with the BSA and not as a loose file, i tried reinstalling the correct version, re-did literally all of my Wyre/Nemesis/FNIS patches (i'm aware the last two are animation based) but the blackface is still there.

Also, are you saying HPH should go below my NPC mods as well? In the mod guide its installed well above it.

Edit: Disabled all the Bijin related files. Blackface persists. Guessing it's another NPC mod in the list.

Edit 2: Disabling High Poly NPC overhaul has fixed it. At least i've narrowed it down.

23 minutes ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

@AylisThe issue seems to evade me. I found out i installed the wrong version of "High Poly NPC" overhaul with the BSA and not as a loose file, i tried reinstalling the correct version, re-did literally all of my Wyre/Nemesis/FNIS patches (i'm aware the last two are animation based) but the blackface is still there.

Also, are you saying HPH should go below my NPC mods as well? In the mod guide its installed well above it.

Nope, that was an example of what could happen.

Spoiler

Bijin.jpg.2b3908e383184416757976db511d3cb5.jpg

Edit 2: Disabling High Poly NPC overhaul has fixed it. At least i've narrowed it down.

Then recheck the installation of HPH. I needed quite some time to get that working and one small mistake will have sideeffects.

@Aylis The issue seemed to be fixed when i checked the High Poly NPC page and noticed it required version 1.3 of HPH. I completely uninstalled my HPH and installed version 1.3 and that worked. I'm not sure why that worked given that you're using 1.4 in your screenshots.

I don't think it was an install issue either with 1.4 as i had tried reinstalling it multiple times.

Wierd, but at least now that issue is solved.

Edit: Also while i have you, when you run the Wyre Bash, do you do the 'select all' option or do you only create the patch for the default selected options? I've done both and neither seem to do much different.

7 minutes ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

Also while i have you, when you run the Wyre Bash, do you do the 'select all' option or do you only create the patch for the default selected options? I've done both and neither seem to do much different.

I simply go with the default. Selecting more only seems to prolong the procedure.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:
1 hour ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

Also while i have you, when you run the Wyre Bash, do you do the 'select all' option or do you only create the patch for the default selected options? I've done both and neither seem to do much different.

I simply go with the default. Selecting more only seems to prolong the procedure.

If you check the deselected options you will see they are empty. The default already has all files selected it can detect

I've now clocked over 70 hours in my new SE playthrough and YeOlde - MCM Settings https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29437 never caused any problems, so I now heartily endorse it. Removing the MCM clutter you inevitably end up with, when using a lot of mods is a very nice QoL thing.

Now I'm planning a new run with adding, removing, ,changing, etc some things. And would like to solicit some advice.

@Ayliswhy do you recommend against using Immersive College of Winterhold  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17004 ? I've been meaning to play with it since playing Oldrim, but I'll rather still hold off if, it'll break SexLab or anything else vital.

@ Everyone : What are some good Quest/NewLand mods? I"ve already played Falskaar, Wyrmtooth and Moonpath to Elsewyr. I know there's several more, but going through their comments and reviews I don't know which ones are actually good. Also I'd rather not install a million compatibility patches, so something that uses an actual seperate map like Falskaar would be preferred.

9 minutes ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

Does anyone know what mod from this list has the character shield their genitals? I've checked every MCM menu and i can't seem to find what's doing it and i'd like to disable it.

The covering up when naked? Thats Conditional Idles under Physics and Animation.

To be more specific -it's the 2101 folder in meshes/actors/character/animations/DynamicAnimationReplacer/_CustomConditions. Just set it on hidden in MO2 and no more covering up

35 minutes ago, johnny0183 said:

The covering up when naked? Thats Conditional Idles under Physics and Animation.

To be more specific -it's the 2101 folder in meshes/actors/character/animations/DynamicAnimationReplacer/_CustomConditions. Just set it on hidden in MO2 and no more covering up

That was the one! Thank you.

39 minutes ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

Does anyone know what mod from this list has the character shield their genitals? I've checked every MCM menu and i can't seem to find what's doing it and i'd like to disable it.

there are 2. one is the conditional idles as johnny stated. The second is Deviously cursed loot (if you have it). I checked and didn't see a nude covering option in sexlab aroused. If  you are a female and you are using both arms to cover breasts it's conditional idles, if its one hand over breasts and one hand over crotch its cursed loot