Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Doing a brand new install and have a question about where to put my mod resources. My Boot Drive is an older 7200RPM drive. I want to put the DLed mod resources there to save space on my Skyrim SE install directory of my new 1TB SSD but the guide I read suggested I should put all my DLed resources on the same drive as my installed skyrim game. Why?

What's everyones baseline performance?

At 1440p with no animation mods i average 45 fps but it dips to 30 frequently.

Without animation mods i notice it's overall more stable but i still dip in certain areas significantly. I've yet to test 1080p. I'm running a top of the line ryzen and 2080 super so these frames are certainly less than appealing (it's very bad in combat). What's everyone else getting?

Edit: After testing in 1080, i get a consistent 50+ but it has dipped into the high 30's in certain areas. That's unfortunate but the price we pay for a heavily modded skyrim? Not looking forward to adding the big animation frameworks back.

52 minutes ago, dizzy_xc said:

Doing a brand new install and have a question about where to put my mod resources. My Boot Drive is an older 7200RPM drive. I want to put the DLed mod resources there to save space on my Skyrim SE install directory of my new 1TB SSD but the guide I read suggested I should put all my DLed resources on the same drive as my installed skyrim game. Why?

There should be no problem doing that, as long as you point mo2 settings for its download directory to that location, I do the same have a seperate hd with all the downloads and mods with the install and mo2 being on another drive, I have never had problems with doing that.

12 hours ago, Starfire12 said:

@Ayliswhy do you recommend against using Immersive College of Winterhold  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17004 ? I've been meaning to play with it since playing Oldrim, but I'll rather still hold off if, it'll break SexLab or anything else vital.

@ Everyone : What are some good Quest/NewLand mods? I"ve already played Falskaar, Wyrmtooth and Moonpath to Elsewyr. I know there's several more, but going through their comments and reviews I don't know which ones are actually good. Also I'd rather not install a million compatibility patches, so something that uses an actual seperate map like Falskaar would be preferred.

I've personally used Immersive College of Winterhold mostly in Oldrim but I think once in SE as well.  It hasn't given me problems at least not any severe ones.  Maybe its incompatible with some other mod Aylis wants to use or maybe some problem I though of as minor (and don't even remember now) bothers Aylis more.

How did you like Falskaar, Wyrmtooth and Moonpath to Elsewyr?  I've heard the first is a big land but fairly empty, so I wasn't planning on using it.  But I've considered the other two.

6 hours ago, dizzy_xc said:

I have my downloaded resources not only on a separate drive but on an external drive, not my installed mods but the download files that MO2 goes to when I install one of the downloads.

1 hour ago, axz2 said:

I've personally used Immersive College of Winterhold mostly in Oldrim but I think once in SE as well.  It hasn't given me problems at least not any severe ones.  Maybe its incompatible with some other mod Aylis wants to use or maybe some problem I though of as minor (and don't even remember now) bothers Aylis more.

How did you like Falskaar, Wyrmtooth and Moonpath to Elsewyr?  I've heard the first is a big land but fairly empty, so I wasn't planning on using it.  But I've considered the other two.

meshes that are not in the right spot, gaps in the meshes, just generally a mod maker "half-assing" it (looks good from this angle.. fuck it.. post it to nexus/LL) is usually what sets aylis off. She goes hunting for shit like that. (blame it on the German eccentricities of engineering perfection) But if there is a blatant flaw in a mod, it's found during testing and is it an acceptable error or does it ruin immersion? Thats generally the rules i've observed anyway.

i got both falskaar and wyrmtooth  i havent seen much of falskaar yet but so far looks good  havent started wyrmtooth so cant give my option of it yet.  i also go bruma and everything their is fine one tree was spazzing diffrent colors but i think that was a rendering issue since computer was doing a check on systems when i was playing

7 hours ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

At 1440p with no animation mods i average 45 fps but it dips to 30 frequently.

Without animation mods i notice it's overall more stable but i still dip in certain areas significantly. I've yet to test 1080p. I'm running a top of the line ryzen and 2080 super so these frames are certainly less than appealing (it's very bad in combat). What's everyone else getting?

Edit: After testing in 1080, i get a consistent 50+ but it has dipped into the high 30's in certain areas. That's unfortunate but the price we pay for a heavily modded skyrim? Not looking forward to adding the big animation frameworks back.

There are some tweaks you can do to the Nvidia profile to get better frames, I'm running a dual 2070 super sli setup and run 59.9-60.2 everywhere including riften. When you did your downloads did you get the 4k or the 2k textures etc? Did You force associate skyrim.exe with the lower used cores and change the game priority to above normal? the 2080 super should be able to run about 45 frames in riften and 50+ in the rest of the worlds (exception is the soul cairn with the constant flashes of light) With the entire "as is" mod list. 

Do you mean animation packs? Only animation frameworks i know of is FNIS, Nemesis, Osex, and Sexlab; yes i know of things like combo animation framework that changes the hkx files to give you different moves during fighting, but it's not really a "framework" 

16 hours ago, dizzy_xc said:

Who is singing?

Auri. The companion i'll be using as an example.

9 hours ago, jaeos said:

She goes hunting for shit like that. 

That sums it up quite nicely... ;)

16 hours ago, RogerRumpTastic said:

I'm slugging along with 28-35 FPS. The listed minimum specs are there from my experience.

Riften Area:

Spoiler

1158841323_RiftenArea02.jpg.d3b2f4f8b888e2fd169fef845565a223.jpg1548508043_RiftenArea03.jpg.c80567cbb154611e33144db876a4faac.jpg

Added a few more screenshots.

11 hours ago, axz2 said:

Falskaar is empty, but I didn't find it drastically more so than the main area. More importantly you don't have to explore it all after all. Following the main quest line takes you to the settlements, where you then can also do sidequest or not however you like. So for me it's emptyness or lack thereof wasn't really an issue. I just played through it without exploring much off the path.

Just get some submods with it like the one giving you fast-travel back and forth. Found here: Falskaar - Addons and Patches

The big point in it's favour IMHO is that it has it's own seperate worldspace like Solstheim. So no worrying about compability with other stuff. It's quests are literally elsewhere.

Wyrmtooth is more compact. I can't judge whether it's better or not objectively. Just got one positive and one negative: I didn't like that you first have to recruit a team before actually going there. I didn't install it to play quests back on Skyrim. Positive: An entire questline about slaying one particularly powerful Dragon is what the main game lacked. Alduin was always more of a plot device, than a target IMHO.

Moonpath is very small and has a very thin quest. No reason not to try it out once, since it's free, but if you got Elder Scrolls Online you're better of creating a Dominion Character and explore Elsewyr there.

17 hours ago, Dirknina said:

Mine stays at 60fps everywhere.  Running a single gtx1070 ti at ultra settings. Haven't been in soul carin yet so don't know yet if it takes a hit. Planning on getting another gtx1070 for sli

Skyrim by default does not let it SLI, you will need to change the nvidia settings using the witcher 3 settings. 

I cannot figure this out to save my life. Whenever I am in a hold and and i accrue a bounty, something is causing my character to be prompted to stop and talk to any hostile NPC I pass as they are approaching me to fight. This is also happening on new saves. Any ideas would be great, it is doing it in new saves as well.

No i have exactly what the list has, Yeah its really weird. I am going to check and see if maybe the relationship dialog overhaul is messing with it. It sucks because I know this is something very peculiar to anyone else's setup. Its literally the only issue i am having with this load out go figure.

2 hours ago, gewgleme said:

I cannot figure this out to save my life. Whenever I am in a hold and and i accrue a bounty, something is causing my character to be prompted to stop and talk to any hostile NPC I pass as they are approaching me to fight. This is also happening on new saves. Any ideas would be great, it is doing it in new saves as well.

I have no idea what could cause this problem... This is something that never happened here. ?

'Slave Tats' and 'Apropos 2' work fine (some were looking for those two mods). I'll add them later too.

So im completely new to modding and ive ran into an issue. I think ive followed the guide fairly close, but now im having a "Missing Masters" issue with mo2. Do i need to just download all the content listed or have i done something really wrong?lol

37 minutes ago, klanTM said:

So im completely new to modding and ive ran into an issue. I think ive followed the guide fairly close, but now im having a "Missing Masters" issue with mo2. Do i need to just download all the content listed or have i done something really wrong?lol

That means you're missing a mod.

Scroll on the right side and look for a red triangle with an exclamation mark. Thats the complaining mod and it will tell you what is missing.