Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

11 hours ago, bybee said:

@jaeos So if I make a new profile it'll be stable? I just feel like new instance means it's totally vanilla from the get go...

Um... is it stable now? you will use the exact same mods, same bodyslide, Though you may need 2 different FNIS outputs. if you are simply turning on some mods for a type of playthrough and do not want them turned on for another style of playthrough then use a profile. you can also make profile specific saves so your "archer mods playthrough" doesn't show up on your "blast them all with magic mods playthrough". 

But you do you. If you want to have double the mods simply because.. who am i to say no...

11 hours ago, bybee said:

How would you go about making two instances of skyrim both with different combinations of mods?

A) Using Mod Organizer's profile function, or

B) Making a new instance of the game

?

Profile would be the neatest, though depending on how and what the instances are going to be you might end up with a huge number of mods in the left pane, which can make organizing them a total pain in the but.  You could sort it by blocking profile one at the top of the left pane, with profile two at the bottom in effect, and just put all the mods that are used by both profiles at the very top just under the base game stuff.

Another option would be to make another install of mod organiser, basically, copy and paste the current mod organiser directory, rename it, then install all the mods for the new instance and delete those that are not being used.  I have done that myself, but be aware it takes a fair amount of disc space, as you are basically duplicating your install, well not skyrim itself, but all the mods that are being used, and to make it clean that would include all the various tools, xedit etc.

37 minutes ago, kesryth said:

For the Fair Skin Complexion, are we just selecting the Optional Mouth texture in the FOMOD, and selecting None for the other items? Just want to be sure before I make a mistake in my install.

It doesn't matter. ;)

If you install another skin texture later on it would leave the textures for teeth as they are. And maybe you even like the 'Fair Skin'.

9 minutes ago, Dirknina said:

@Aylis

Can you share your PC head tracking Settings I cant seam to get it to work.

Here you go:

Spoiler

20362975_HeadTracking.thumb.jpg.9699854a481db661b4412424a25de471.jpg

Hmm, why do i have to think of this?

Yeah, i admit that was nasty...

I'll be off for a while. The new drive just arrived and i'll use the opportunity to clean the whole system (including reinstalling windows).

11 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Dirknina

Its all in the right place...

The meshes get overwritten (which we don't need), not the textures.

Thats strange... I got this:

Hide contents

teeth.jpg.a7c7b981e4bead1b2cf94b99bbb10de4.jpg

I'll be  adding Aspens Ablaze. Those trees look fantastic (as almost everything from Mindflux). Done and Done

I noticed the Expressive Facial Animation - Female Edition does not include that mouthumanf.nif by default, and required me to download the EFA Mouth SSE file from that mod as well to get it. It is now overwriting both the Expressive Facegen Morphs (EFM) and Fair Skin Complexion (FSC) file for the nif, however the texture files were still being overwritten by EFM so i just marked them as hidden so FSC wins for the textures.

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

Hmm, why do i have to think of this?

Yeah, i admit that was nasty...

I'll be off for a while. The new drive just arrived and i'll use the opportunity to clean the whole system (including reinstalling windows).

WOW, Aylis. Why'd you have to get it into my head too now? LOL 

4 hours ago, kesryth said:

It is now overwriting both the Expressive Facegen Morphs (EFM) and Fair Skin Complexion (FSC) file for the nif, however the texture files were still being overwritten by EFM so i just marked them as hidden so FSC wins for the textures.

And how did you mark them hidden with MO2?

Or are you using vortex?

Wow.. Microsoft bought Zenimax and Bethesda..

I use MO2, i right-clicked on Expressive Facegen Morphs, chose Information, went to conflicts tab, then in the 'Following conflicted files are provided by this mod' section, right clicked on the files I wanted to hide and selected Hide. Apologies for no screenshots, I am currently on my phone, so not able to access my install to grab those for you

Yeah its got some nice hidden functions I learned about when working on my FO4 installation. Like in that same window, you can double click on a DDS file and can then preview the file you clicked on, as well as any conflicting files for it, sort of a comparison tool. Helped a lot in FO4 to compare replacers I was using for comics :D

So, i'm back again (and finally everything works again without hiccups).

Sometimes finding patches is harder than you'd think, especially if you don't know that they exist or are even needed. Getting this view was unexpected:

Spoiler

ScreenShot1028.jpg.e8192bd8fa0578dc100b8ca708dfcd49.jpg

Adding folloing patches: Done and Done

JK's Arcadia's Cauldron - USSEP Patch

JK's The Drunken Huntsman - USSEP Patch

@bybee

Already tested those. They didn't make it into the list. ;)

In the works:

Teeth textures                                           Will add them later to my 'Texture Fix'. This way it is assured that they will be not overwritten.

Spell Research

Spell Research- Experience Book

Altered Spell Tomes for Spell Research

Guards Armor - Bodyslide Files               Not really that good, but still better than nothing. Will be added.

Riften Docks Overhaul                             Looking good. Will be added. Recheck lake for LO

Riften Docks Overhaul - LoS II Patch       ''

Immersive Carry Weight Spells                Really helpful. Will be added.

The Tale of Tsatampra Xiros                     Will be added.

Simple Colored Map Markers SSE           Nice option. Will be added.