3 hours ago, Kharos said:

Thanks for the papyrus log, this is very interesting:

Function HandleMappedKey(String mapping)
    If (mapping == "Pipboy")
        If (!_inputLayer.IsMenuEnabled())
            Actor maybeDoingFavor = LL_FourPlay.LastCrossHairActor()
            If (maybeDoingFavor != None && maybeDoingFavor.GetFormID() != 0 && !maybeDoingFavor.IsDead() && maybeDoingFavor.IsDoingFavor())

The only possible conclusion is that _inputLayer is None. That is most definitively not supposed to happen. I will try to come up with a way that allows the mod to recover from that situation. I cannot promise anything though, as I have no idea how it got into this situation in the first place.

The C drive paths are the paths on my computer when the scripts were compiled (note that the folder is "Fallout 4 Creation Kit", not "Fallout 4").

By the way, AAF Beta 93 is available, it contains the same LL Fourplay version as the newest Real Handcuffs.

Thanks, appreciated.

Sounds like maybe deactivating it in the MCM and then deleting the mod/the script from the savegame and afterwards reinstalling it might help, right?

Will try and report back.

Ok, it's working as intended now.

I deactivated the mod through the debug MCM menu, then switched to the lite version (because it told me so, but I kinda doubt that's necessary), then I saved (or rather the game did, exitsave) and removed the mod, saved again, deleted all unattached script instances from that save using FallrimTools, removed the ini (probably unnecessary too) and reinstalled it.

Now when I try to draw a weapon the hands stay bound, yay. ?

Awesome mod btw, so thank you for it.

edit:

I might also have an idea what broke it. See, I'm used to repairing mods that way from Skyrim, meaning I removed residual scripts from savegames there all the time. Now when I load the repaired savegame with FallrimTools there's a new unattached script instance, and it's related to exactly the inputlayer variable that glitched out.

So I must have used FallrimTools on a prior savegame and must have deleted it then. It seems like you shouldn't use FallrimTools that carelessly on Fallout 4 savegames.

8 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Ok, it's working as intended now.

I deactivated the mod through the debug MCM menu, then switched to the lite version (because it told me so, but I kinda doubt that's necessary), then I saved (or rather the game did, exitsave) and removed the mod, saved again, deleted all unattached script instances from that save using FallrimTools, removed the ini (probably unnecessary too) and reinstalled it.

Now when I try to draw a weapon the hands stay bound, yay. ?

Awesome mod btw, so thank you for it.

edit:

I might also have an idea what broke it. See, I'm used to repairing mods that way from Skyrim, meaning I removed residual scripts from savegames there all the time. Now when I load the repaired savegame with FallrimTools there's a new unattached script instance, and it's related to exactly the inputlayer variable that glitched out.

So I must have used FallrimTools on a prior savegame and must have deleted it then. It seems like you shouldn't use FallrimTools that carelessly on Fallout 4 savegames.

Ok. I just tried to clean two of my test savegames with Fallrim Tools (clean unattached script instances). In one of the savegames it lead to a similar situation as you had. In the other it destroyed the savegame (the game would crash to desktop when loading the savegame, and papyrus log showed various errors from mods other than Real Handcuffs). Fallrim tools clearly deletes things that it is not supposed to delete. I suggest to only use it in a targeted way to solve specific problems: For example, I was once in the past able to solve a crash issue (game would always crash at the same time) by deleting a timer from the savegame.

Switching to the lite version was not necessary, the only difference is that the full version makes changes to leveled lists such that you can actually find handcuffs in the game world, and these leveled list changes are not reverted by deactivating in MCM. I will update the MCM text to make that more clear.

My mod has some error detection routines that try to detect inconsistent state and do a internal mini-reset to resolve the problem. I have modified this code to detect the missing input layer, and to try and keep more state during the mini-reset. Do you still have your original savegame that did not work? If so, would you be ready to test if a test version that I send you solves the problem?

2 hours ago, Kharos said:

My mod has some error detection routines that try to detect inconsistent state and do a internal mini-reset to resolve the problem. I have modified this code to detect the missing input layer, and to try and keep more state during the mini-reset. Do you still have your original savegame that did not work? If so, would you be ready to test if a test version that I send you solves the problem?

Yes and of course I would.

10 hours ago, Bazinga said:

See, I'm used to repairing mods that way from Skyrim, meaning I removed residual scripts from savegames there all the time. Now when I load the repaired savegame with FallrimTools there's a new unattached script instance, and it's related to exactly the inputlayer variable that glitched out.

You can't use ReSaver on Fallout 4 saves the same way you do on Skyrim ones.  The Papyrus engine interface is not the same, and unattached script instances are completely normal in FO4.  Blanket "remove all unattached instances" will break your save (or at least cause weird results like you were seeing).  The author of FallrimTools said it himself on its download page:

Fallout 4 Special Note!!!
Unattached Instances are a normal part of how Fallout 4 operates. I recommend you NOT clean them until I figure out how to distinguish between the ones that are still in use and the ones that are not.

The only "safe" way to clean a mod out of your save with ReSaver is to apply a filter for that mod, then select everything that is found and remove it.  As you might guess, though, that won't necessarily remove everything left by the mod, but in most cases the save will still work OK.

26 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

The only "safe" way to clean a mod out of your save with ReSaver is to apply a filter for that mod, then select everything that is found and remove it.  As you might guess, though, that won't necessarily remove everything left by the mod, but in most cases the save will still work OK.

That would probably been an easier alternative to the way I fixed it, because if you delete all the other Real Handcuffs related scripts and script instances from the save the mod should basically 'reboot' and repair itself without needing to deactivate or completely remove it from the load order.

And don't worry, I don't mind breaking things. As long as I find a way to put them back together. ;)

Plus, I bet this helped @Nohrin so it's a net gain, right?

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Yes and of course I would.

Thanks. A unofficial prerelease version is attached to this post.

When you load that savegame, it will for sure cause some errors in the papyrus log, and probably also show error messages in the top left corner of the game. There is some chance that it can recover after that. I don't know for sure as I have trouble loading resaved games.

RealHandcuffs 0.3.2 prerelease.zip

So I tested it and the script is working again, her hands stay bound no matter what and I can't access any menu or draw weapons without removing the cuffs.

There's still something broken in that savegame though:

oopsie.jpg

So the handcuffs reverted back to the old vanilla model when I deleted the script instance, right?

They look like that with the previous versions too btw.

But only on the broken savegame, in the one where I completely reinstalled the mod and removed all script instances related to it everything is looking fine.

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

So I tested it and the script is working again, her hands stay bound no matter what and I can't access any menu or draw weapons without removing the cuffs.

There's still something broken in that savegame though:

oopsie.jpg

So the handcuffs reverted back to the old vanilla model when I deleted the script instance, right?

They look like that with the previous versions too btw.

But only on the broken savegame, in the one where I completely reinstalled the mod and removed all script instances related to it everything is looking fine.

Nice, I will remove the "prerelease" from the version number and upload it for general usage.

There is a MCM setting that tells what pose to use, either the one I took from Torture Devices in the beginning (palms facing each other), or the one that I made later (palms pointing away from the body). The different poses also need matching 3d models for the cuffs. In your screenshot, you have the pose that I made but the 3d model for the Torture Devices pose. I have never seen this before, you have a talent for finding strange stuff :wink:. Not sure if it is related to your meddling though, I guess this option is rarely used, maybe there is something broken.

Should be fixable by toggling the setting in MCM (to make sure the setting is correct), then unequipping and reequipping the handcuffs (the model is set when the handcuffs are equipped).

Edit: I can reproduce your issue, after switching the setting the wrong model is used. Oops.

5 minutes ago, Kharos said:

There is a MCM setting that tells what pose to use, either the one I took from Torture Devices in the beginning (palms facing each other), or the one that I made later (palms pointing away from the body). The different poses also need matching 3d models for the cuffs. In your screenshot, you have the pose that I made but the 3d model for the Torture Devices pose. I have never seen this before, you have a talent for finding strange stuff :wink:.

Haha, thanks ... I guess. ?

Should be fixable by toggling the setting in MCM (to make sure the setting is correct), then unequipping and reequipping the handcuffs (the model is set when the handcuffs are equipped).

Indeed, that did the trick.

Just uploaded version 0.3.2, contains fixes and small improvements:

• Improve error detection and error correction code (internal mini-reset).
  • Change behavior of bound workers (settlers, ...), they will try to go to their work location now and wait there.
  • Slightly tweak bound hands follow/travel packages.
  • Fix wrong handcuffs 3d model being used on player directly after switching pose in MCM settings (it worked for NPCs).
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Carradon said:

New to this mod... how exactly does one put the handcuffs on enemies?  Do you need to pickpocket them into their equipment, use an intimidation perk, download some other mod that makes them surrender, or some other method I haven't thought of yet?

This mod just provides the handcuffs, no interaction with NPCs. You will need another way to modify their equipment, for example from another mod.

Is there a way to enable sit furniture when the NPC is in setcommandstate 1... state? The use case is as following:

- an NPC is equipped with RH, and all is working out fine

- I am calling setcommandstate 1 on the NPC in order to order it to sit a specific furniture

- at that stage, I would like RH to stop blocking sit furniture for the NPC

(of course, on the other hand I don't want the handcuffed NPC to just sandbox around in furnitures, hence the possible difficulty in implementing this - perhaps adding an "allow furniture" keyword that I can add when calling setcommandstate 1?)

TY

15 hours ago, Carradon said:

New to this mod... how exactly does one put the handcuffs on enemies?  Do you need to pickpocket them into their equipment, use an intimidation perk, download some other mod that makes them surrender, or some other method I haven't thought of yet?

Use the console command:

openactorcontainer 1

or

Use Crazy's Multi Tool... works GREAT! LOL

4 hours ago, SAC said:

Is there a way to enable sit furniture when the NPC is in setcommandstate 1... state? The use case is as following:

- an NPC is equipped with RH, and all is working out fine

- I am calling setcommandstate 1 on the NPC in order to order it to sit a specific furniture

- at that stage, I would like RH to stop blocking sit furniture for the NPC

(of course, on the other hand I don't want the handcuffed NPC to just sandbox around in furnitures, hence the possible difficulty in implementing this - perhaps adding an "allow furniture" keyword that I can add when calling setcommandstate 1?)

TY

Yeah, in general furniture animations will break the bound hands animations, hence bound characters are not allowed to use furniture.

Do you want to use a specific furniture? If so, put the RH_ActivateWithBoundHands keyword on the furniture, that should allow any bound characters (both NPCs and player) to use the furniture, in command mode or otherwise. This part is not very well tested, so if it does not work get back at me.

Hi.

I'm having trouble getting the Real Handcuffs mod to load. In MCM it displays the menu, but for some reason when I start my game the Real Handcuffs menu comes up in MCM but it will not display the version number, and it won't show any options in the second menu. I've checked all the dependencies and I am running the latest version of MCM and F4se. I've reinstalled the mod with and without the dependent plugin, and I reinstalled MCM to see if that would help. 

I've looked through the forum to see if anyone is having the same issues I am, but I haven't seen anything. Sorry if I just missed something simple. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, candytime said:

Hi.

I'm having trouble getting the Real Handcuffs mod to load. In MCM it displays the menu, but for some reason when I start my game the Real Handcuffs menu comes up in MCM but it will not display the version number, and it won't show any options in the second menu. I've checked all the dependencies and I am running the latest version of MCM and F4se. I've reinstalled the mod with and without the dependent plugin, and I reinstalled MCM to see if that would help. 

I've looked through the forum to see if anyone is having the same issues I am, but I haven't seen anything. Sorry if I just missed something simple. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What mod manager do you use? In Vortex, newly installed plugins generally do not load correctly unless you choose the "Sort Plugins" option in the plugins tab.

7 minutes ago, JBpy said:

What mod manager do you use? In Vortex, newly installed plugins generally do not load correctly unless you choose the "Sort Plugins" option in the plugins tab.

Good thought. I use Vortex. I haven't had issues with mods not loading before. Most of my mods are clothing / armor, and a pretty standard set of bug fixing mods. Real handcuffs seems to just hang up. 

I tried using the sort command and it didn't seem to change anything. 

Do I need to start a new game for it to work, or should I be able to use it on an old save? 

I included a screenshot of what it looks like when I load with the mod.

Thanks. 

ScreenShot72.png

23 minutes ago, JBpy said:

Yes, I would try a new game just to verify that it is installed correctly. The problem could be a corrupt save or maybe some incompatibility that we don't know.

No joy on a fresh game. Menu partially loads just like on my current save. I'll have to ruminate on what other mods I am using that could cause this to hang up. I don't have much in the way of big game changes, mostly clothing / armor / weapons. 

Thanks again for helping me out. 

1 hour ago, candytime said:

No joy on a fresh game. Menu partially loads just like on my current save. I'll have to ruminate on what other mods I am using that could cause this to hang up. I don't have much in the way of big game changes, mostly clothing / armor / weapons. 

Thanks again for helping me out. 

Make sure you have both the config.json and the settings.ini in MCM\Config\RealHandcuffs

It looks like your missing the config.json, which is where all the displayed info is.

Oh, and when checking for bugs, a vanilla save with only the suspect mod & dependencies installed. IF it's all good, start adding back your mods until is craps out.

22 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Make sure you have both the config.json and the settings.ini in MCM\Config\RealHandcuffs

It looks like your missing the config.json, which is where all the displayed info is.

Oh, and when checking for bugs, a vanilla save with only the suspect mod & dependencies installed. IF it's all good, start adding back your mods until is craps out.

I checked and both the config.json and the settings.ini are in the MCM\Config\RealHandcuffs. I will start untangling my mods and see where things start working. In general are there any type of mods that would more readily conflict with Real Handcuffs? (I don't have many animation mods, or mods that change the way the game generally works) I've got lots of weapon mods, and many of them have custom animations. I also have the "better female walk" animation. I think that's it for animations. 

Thanks for the help.

6 hours ago, candytime said:

I checked and both the config.json and the settings.ini are in the MCM\Config\RealHandcuffs. I will start untangling my mods and see where things start working. In general are there any type of mods that would more readily conflict with Real Handcuffs? (I don't have many animation mods, or mods that change the way the game generally works) I've got lots of weapon mods, and many of them have custom animations. I also have the "better female walk" animation. I think that's it for animations. 

Thanks for the help.

I honestly don't remember if there is a mod that conflicts with MCM... but... even if there is, it would effect all the other MCM menus too. So it "seems" like Vortex "may have" broke the install.

I would try manually overwriting the files and see if that helps.