11 hours ago, Kharos said:

Yeah, in general furniture animations will break the bound hands animations, hence bound characters are not allowed to use furniture.

Do you want to use a specific furniture? If so, put the RH_ActivateWithBoundHands keyword on the furniture, that should allow any bound characters (both NPCs and player) to use the furniture, in command mode or otherwise. This part is not very well tested, so if it does not work get back at me.

Had the thought, since I usually leave RH somewhere mid/low in my load order, might be worth looking at making it an ESM [or ESM-flagged, like the UFO4P, not sure 'bout that one].

Need to shift it higher in my load order, so I can test that out :joy:

19 hours ago, Kharos said:

Yeah, in general furniture animations will break the bound hands animations, hence bound characters are not allowed to use furniture.

Do you want to use a specific furniture? If so, put the RH_ActivateWithBoundHands keyword on the furniture, that should allow any bound characters (both NPCs and player) to use the furniture, in command mode or otherwise. This part is not very well tested, so if it does not work get back at me.

Aha! Yes, it is a specific furniture. Thank you very much, will test and let you know

20 hours ago, Kharos said:

It didn't work for me. I have added the keyword (confirmed add) on a couple of chairs, the NPC sits then immediately stands up, then sits again, then stands up in an infinite loop

2 hours ago, SAC said:

It didn't work for me. I have added the keyword (confirmed add) on a couple of chairs, the NPC sits then immediately stands up, then sits again, then stands up in an infinite loop

Yep, I did not catch all the places where furniture is handled when I added the keyword. Can you try the attached version? If should fixe the problem.

NB: If you are creating a new furniture type in a mod, and that furniture type should be usable with bound hands, instead of adding the keyword to the furniture you can add the furniture (the base FURN or ACTI, not the object reference!) to the RH_BoundHandsGenericFurnitureList formlist. This is how I allow some of the switches to be activated with bound hands.

RealHandcuffs 0.3.3.zip

21 hours ago, candytime said:

Good thought. I use Vortex. I haven't had issues with mods not loading before. Most of my mods are clothing / armor, and a pretty standard set of bug fixing mods. Real handcuffs seems to just hang up. 

I tried using the sort command and it didn't seem to change anything. 

Do I need to start a new game for it to work, or should I be able to use it on an old save? 

I included a screenshot of what it looks like when I load with the mod.

Thanks. 

ScreenShot72.png

That screenshot with the empty text below "Installed version" looks like the papyrus scripts that are part of the mod are not running. No idea why though, I have never seen this before. Maybe check if they are installed correctly? You should have 26 .pex files inside the data/scripts/RealHandcuffs folder.

If you have the scripts, check if the ESP is loaded using the console: HELP RH_MainQuest 4 should find a single entry with id XY000F99, where XY is the load order.

Finally you could also enable papyrus logging, start the game, load a savegame, quit, and check the log file if there are any messages related to RealHandcuffs.

[Edit] You don't need to start a new game to use the mod.

4 hours ago, Kharos said:

That screenshot with the empty text below "Installed version" looks like the papyrus scripts that are part of the mod are not running. No idea why though, I have never seen this before. Maybe check if they are installed correctly? You should have 26 .pex files inside the data/scripts/RealHandcuffs folder.

If you have the scripts, check if the ESP is loaded using the console: HELP RH_MainQuest 4 should find a single entry with id XY000F99, where XY is the load order.

Finally you could also enable papyrus logging, start the game, load a savegame, quit, and check the log file if there are any messages related to RealHandcuffs.

[Edit] You don't need to start a new game to use the mod.

Kharos,

Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot. I think I mod Fallout 4 just for the fun of troubleshooting. ;)

I found the 26 .pex files in the data/scripts/RealHandcuffs folder. 

I ran the HELP RH_Mainquest 4 and got the following returned E2000F99 (see attached image)

I also figured out how to enable papyrus logging. What a mess! I've got errors all over the place. Something must be gumming up the works. I attached the log, RealHandcuffs comes up quite a bit but I couldn't make sense out of what might have been causing the issue.

Thanks.

ScreenShot75.png.f83cad4eca360abadd6989567f7e1084.png

Papyrus.0.log

Spoiler
2 hours ago, candytime said:

Kharos,

Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot. I think I mod Fallout 4 just for the fun of troubleshooting. ;)

I ran the HELP RH_Mainquest 4 and got the following returned E2000F99 (see attached image)

I also figured out how to enable papyrus logging. What a mess! I've got errors all over the place. Something must be gumming up the works. I attached the log, RealHandcuffs comes up quite a bit but I couldn't make sense out of what might have been causing the issue.

Thanks.

Papyrus.0.log 104.63 kB · 0 downloads

You need to reinstall or verify the game through steam, and also reinstall F4SE.

There's so much shit broken in your game I'm surprised it loads.

[09/03/2019 - 07:54:14PM] Update budget: 2.400000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 2.400000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[09/03/2019 - 07:54:14PM] Memory page: 256 (min) 1024 (max) 307200 (max total)
[09/03/2019 - 07:54:14PM] Maximum stack depth: 100
[09/03/2019 - 07:54:14PM] This is a script log only and does not contain information on any other part of the game, including crashes.

They are supposed to be the first 4 lines, and they're 190 lines down...
Plus:

[09/03/2019 - 07:54:14PM] Cannot open store for class "ArmorAddon", missing file?

That's a base-game core functionality...

4 hours ago, candytime said:

Kharos,

Thanks.

Papyrus.0.log 104.63 kB · 2 downloads

Yeah... I have never seen most of the error messages in your log, and I cannot fully make sense of all of them. But I agree with  Nebuchadnezzer2, it looks like something is badly broken with your installation.

In particular it looks like the game fails to properly initialize the auto const mandatory script properties of my mod (something that it does automatically). No idea why, I have never seen this before,, but things will fail to work for sure like that.

20 hours ago, Kharos said:

Yep, I did not catch all the places where furniture is handled when I added the keyword. Can you try the attached version? If should fixe the problem.

NB: If you are creating a new furniture type in a mod, and that furniture type should be usable with bound hands, instead of adding the keyword to the furniture you can add the furniture (the base FURN or ACTI, not the object reference!) to the RH_BoundHandsGenericFurnitureList formlist. This is how I allow some of the switches to be activated with bound hands.

RealHandcuffs 0.3.3.zip 565.71 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you. This version allows handcuffed NPCs to sit, but:

- I was hoping they would sit down with hands bound, and they don't, the pose is vanilla sitting animation with hands on knees

- Suddenly uncuffed NPCs are unable to sit down, they start the process then snap back up and loop

34 minutes ago, SAC said:

Thank you. This version allows handcuffed NPCs to sit, but:

- I was hoping they would sit down with hands bound, and they don't, the pose is vanilla sitting animation with hands on knees

- Suddenly uncuffed NPCs are unable to sit down, they start the process then snap back up and loop

Yeah, about your first point (vanilla animations), that was what I meant when I wrote "in general furniture animations will break the bound hands animations, hence bound characters are not allowed to use furniture".

In other words, this is the reason that I disabled furniture use for bound NPCs in the first place. Technically as far as I know the furniture animations override the MX animation of the arms. This may be because of behavior files, which are out of my domain of knowledge (fancy words for "I don't know how to fix that shit" :grimace:).

The bound hands animations do work with idle animations, which is the reason that they work with AAF (it internally does everything using idle animations). One possible way to enable furniture animations would be to use the existing furniture animation files as idle animations and then either play them with PlayIdle after positioning the NPC, or using AAF  (you can tell AAF to use a animation with furniture). I did some experiments in late spring/early summer and it I kind of worked, but I had trouble with positioning and enter/leave animations, so in the end I decided to let it be for now.

Your second point is very unexpected, it should not influence uncuffed NPCs at all. I will try to reproduce that and get to the bottom of it.

1 hour ago, SAC said:

I can't reproduce that part. Added the keyword to some chairs, both bound NPC could sit (when commanded to do so) and normal NPCs (on their own when sandboxing).

18 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You need to reinstall or verify the game through steam, and also reinstall F4SE.

Plus:

Thanks for taking a look. I appreciate it. Just looking at that log...it's clearly a mess.

16 hours ago, Kharos said:

Yeah... I have never seen most of the error messages in your log, and I cannot fully make sense of all of them. But I agree with  Nebuchadnezzer2, it looks like something is badly broken with your installation.

In particular it looks like the game fails to properly initialize the auto const mandatory script properties of my mod (something that it does automatically). No idea why, I have never seen this before,, but things will fail to work for sure like that.

Thanks for looking it over. Sorry for bothering you with my completely messed up game. I will get a clean install going then try not to mess it up too badly. 

On 9/3/2019 at 10:29 PM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Plus:

Nebuchadnezzer2,

Yep, reinstalling F4SE got me back in the game. Thanks again to you and everyone else who took time to help me solve this issue.

Attached to this post is the first version of RealHandcuffs 0.4 in case somebody wants to try it out and give feedback. This is an alpha version and I only gave it some short testing. It might contain bad bugs, so I am not yet adding it to the front page.

Version 0.4.0 alpha 1
=====================
first implementation of shock collars
- new restraint: RobCo Shock Collar Mark II
- mods: Standard Shock Module, Throbbing Shock Module
- new weapon: Shock Collar Remote Trigger (assets used with the kind permission of fadingsignal, including some animations by Hitman47101)

There is still quite some work left to do. I want to implement at least the following additional features:

• more mods at the armor workbench
  • more functionality in shock collar terminal
  • shock collar / remote trigger support in third-party API
  • integration with Just Business

The collars (and the remote used to trigger it) can be found at several vendors. If you just want to give it a quick test, there should be one each in the Sanctuary workshop after starting a new game; for existing games, use the console to spawn them (use HELP "RobCo Shock Collar" 4 and HELP "Shock Collar Remote Trigger" 4; ids are xy0008EA and xy000902).

The mod got quite a bit larger, so I created a .ba2 for the textures and switched compression to .7z.

[Edit: Removed the attached file as it is now old and supplanted by a newer version.]

It works perfect and I love it. First I tried the collar with a settler and killed her. But the same collar does not kill my character, luckily, it only inflicts damage. Then I tried the other collar and it is much more punishing. Both collars killed my settler. 

2 minutes ago, JBpy said:

It works perfect and I love it. First I tried the collar with a settler and killed her. But the same collar does not kill my character, luckily, it only inflicts damage. Then I tried the other collar and it is much more punishing. Both collars killed my settler. 

Did they kill the settler on the first try, or only after repeated shocks? They are supposed to kill if you use them too much, not after a single time, but balancing the damage is something I have not yet had time to do.

7 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Did they kill the settler on the first try, or only after repeated shocks? They are supposed to kill if you use them too much, not after a single time, but balancing the damage is something I have not yet had time to do.

She died at the first shock. I tried twice more and the settler always dies.

4 minutes ago, JBpy said:

She died at the first shock. I tried twice more and the settler always dies.

Ok, thanks for testing. My current test NPCs are quite experienced, I have not yet tested with low-level NPCs. Looks like I have my work laid out for me...

1 minute ago, Kharos said:

Ok, thanks for testing. My current test NPCs are quite experienced, I have not yet tested with low-level NPCs. Looks like I have my work laid out for me...

The good thing is that nobody in my settlement attacked me for killing a settler. :grimace:

My character is level 25, I could not say how much is the settler level.

Awesome job, congratulations.

2 hours ago, Kharos said:

There is still quite some work left to do. I want to implement at least the following additional features:

Will check it out in a bit, but if you haven't yet, could you add the shocking light effects? It's a vanilla animation... not sure atm which one it was. But FO4 Slavery System used it in his collar. Funny as hell in a twisted sort of way. LOL

That was fun!
I put a collar on a couple companions then gave them the remote and equipped it. Theeennn... got into a nice fight with some Raiders.

Apparently, they can shock themselves. There's no visual effect.. but they take off and cower behind something until the game tells them to shoot.. LMAO!

One went so far away she teleported back and started all over.. shock.. run & hide.. shock.. run & hide. hehheheheehe