16 hours ago, squidsarederp123 said:

i cant figure out how to bring up the menu the get out of the handcuffs 

Attempt to access your Pip-Boy and you should be presented with a menu letting you struggle or investigate the lock. If you just want to override it all, pause and go into the MCM tree for this mod and (I think under the general tab?) you'll see at the bottom a list of current devices applied to the player. Selecting the handcuffs listed there will unequip them as soon as you resume from the pause.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Attempt to access your Pip-Boy and you should be presented with a menu letting you struggle or investigate the lock. If you just want to override it all, pause and go into the MCM tree for this mod and (I think under the general tab?) you'll see at the bottom a list of current devices applied to the player. Selecting the handcuffs listed there will unequip them as soon as you resume from the pause.

for some reason when i press tab no menu opens

1 hour ago, squidsarederp123 said:

for some reason when i press tab no menu opens

That's not good, looks like you have hit a bug. What about pressing the I button (this is the quick access button for the inventory), does that work?

Do you have MCM? If yes, take a look at the MCM menus to see if there are error messages. In the debug menu, you should see that you are wearing handcuffs, and be able to free yourself. Does that work? You can also force a reset of the mod by turning it off and on in MCM (please exit the MCM after turning it off/on and wait for the message that the installer has done its work). Maybe that helps. Not sure though, I don't remember anybody else having such a problem...

2 hours ago, Kharos said:

That's not good, looks like you have hit a bug. What about pressing the I button (this is the quick access button for the inventory), does that work?

Do you have MCM? If yes, take a look at the MCM menus to see if there are error messages. In the debug menu, you should see that you are wearing handcuffs, and be able to free yourself. Does that work? You can also force a reset of the mod by turning it off and on in MCM (please exit the MCM after turning it off/on and wait for the message that the installer has done its work). Maybe that helps. Not sure though, I don't remember anybody else having such a problem...

Spoiler

error: Property HandcuffsConverter on script RealHandcuffs:Installer attached to alias Player on quest RH_MainQuest (7B000F99) cannot be bound because alias Player on quest RH_MainQuest (7B000F99) is not the right type

6 hours ago, NoJoker said:
  Hide contents

error: Property HandcuffsConverter on script RealHandcuffs:Installer attached to alias Player on quest RH_MainQuest (7B000F99) cannot be bound because alias Player on quest RH_MainQuest (7B000F99) is not the right type

I have the same thing in my log files.
Doesn't really affect anything.

Also go with @Kharos's advice and try the MCM debug to remove them.

If you're using a mod that prevents or removes game pause during menus [I know there's a mod that does] it'll causes issues with this or Devious Devices, as they can't bring up the usual menus.

12 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

If you're using a mod that prevents or removes game pause during menus [I know there's a mod that does] it'll causes issues with this or Devious Devices, as they can't bring up the usual menus.

The one that I'm aware of is Fallsouls (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29119). I did a quick test with it a few weeks ago and it seemed to work, though I did not test it for a very long time. If somebody has that installed and finds that things won't work, please tell me and I will try to fix it.

2 hours ago, Kharos said:

The one that I'm aware of is Fallsouls (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29119). I did a quick test with it a few weeks ago and it seemed to work, though I did not test it for a very long time. If somebody has that installed and finds that things won't work, please tell me and I will try to fix it.

I think that was the one.

I remember a few people having issues with DD, not realising using FallSouls with it would break the pop-ups that are kiiiinda critical to using it.

10 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

I think that was the one.

I remember a few people having issues with DD, not realising using FallSouls with it would break the pop-ups that are kiiiinda critical to using it.

In my tests it did not block pop-ups, it just prevented the game from pausing while a pop-up was active. And it did it in a smart enough way to prevent things from breaking.

But yeah, any mod that prevents pop-ups will definitively screw with both DD and my mod.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, Kharos said:

the I button doesn't do anything and i dont get an error in the debug menu i am however able to free myself through the debug menu i tried to disable the mod with mcm and that didnt do anything

1 hour ago, squidsarederp123 said:

the I button doesn't do anything and i dont get an error in the debug menu i am however able to free myself through the debug menu i tried to disable the mod with mcm and that didnt do anything

It should show a message that the mod is disabled after a few seconds. After that, the main MCM page should show that it is disabled, too. When you re-enable it, you should after a few seconds get a message that it was installed, and the main MCM page should show that it is enabled:

main_menu_installed_version.png.caeb1c47d360fb525bd04e9e497143ab.png

If this is not working, them something is bad with the scripts that handle installation and uninstallation of the mod.

3 hours ago, Kharos said:

It should show a message that the mod is disabled after a few seconds. After that, the main MCM page should show that it is disabled, too. When you re-enable it, you should after a few seconds get a message that it was installed, and the main MCM page should show that it is enabled:

main_menu_installed_version.png.caeb1c47d360fb525bd04e9e497143ab.png

If this is not working, them something is bad with the scripts that handle installation and uninstallation of the mod.

ya i did that it uninstalled and reinstalled but didnt fix the issue

May I bother you with a couple of feature requests?

1. I would like an additional pose similar with the pic attached, with the wrists crossed (as opposed to side-by-side)

2. I would also like to see some rope restraints, not just metal

TYVM!

istockphoto-175999298-1024x1024.jpg.1b672a209f2bd69affcdb7372a9e0e07.jpg

16 hours ago, squidsarederp123 said:

ya i did that it uninstalled and reinstalled but didnt fix the issue

Ok... I am mostly out of ideas, sorry. I don't remember this ever happening. We could try to get a Papyrus log, maybe it will contain error messages that help us getting to the root of the problem, but I have no idea if it will help or not. Also doing that requires quite some steps:

Spoiler

1. Set papyrus log level to Information in the Debug Settings MCM.
  2. Quit Fallout 4.
  3. If you have not already done so, enable papyrus logging in the Fallout 4 ini files.
  4. Start Fallout 4 and load an old savegame that was made before installing Real Handcuffs (this is important, the problem might be in the installer part, so you will need to test with a old savegame; it will load and use the MCM settings from step 1).
  5. Wait until you get the message that RealHandcuffs has installed. If you don't see a message after a few seconds, open the MCM and check if the first page says that it is installed (sometimes it finishes installing while the game is still showing the loading screen and you cannot see the message).
  6. Spawn some handcuffs with the console (player.placeatme xy000802).
  7. Pick them up and equip them on yourself.
  8. After your hands are bound, press the tab key to get the dialogue (will probably not work).
  9. Quit Fallout 4 and send me the resulting Papyrus.0.log file.

11 minutes ago, SAC said:

May I bother you with a couple of feature requests?

1. I would like an additional pose similar with the pic attached, with the wrists crossed (as opposed to side-by-side)

2. I would also like to see some rope restraints, not just metal

TYVM!

While this is technically not too hard (it will require some new interactions but I know how to do that), it requires animation work and modelling work. These are two of my weaker skills. I did consider doing something like this (wrists tied crossed with rope) for version 0.4 but I have decided to do shock collars instead. Maybe in a future version but I cannot promise at this time.

[Edit] Wrists crossed with handcuffs will probably not look good or unnatural, the handcuffs have a certain size...

34 minutes ago, Kharos said:

[Edit] Wrists crossed with handcuffs will probably not look good or unnatural, the handcuffs have a certain size...

True :) but it would look great with rope coils, and I believe there are some in DD

Version 0.4.0 beta 5
====================
add crafting recipes (requires awkcr and awkcr compatibility plugin), plus some smaller changes
- add recipes for crafting handcuffs and handcuffs keys to awkcr armor workbench (category: Hands - Accessories)
- add recipes for crafting shock collars and firmware dumps to awkcr armor workbench (category: Accessories - Necklaces)
  you need to have a shock collar in your inventory to create a firmware dump! if you have no shock collar, the recipe will not show up
- remove knockout effect from shocked NPCs because it looks bad with handcuffs and with furniture, just keep them in bleedout instead
- remove smoke vfx from shock effect

So the main feature of the newest beta is the almost-full support for crafting (remote triggers cannot be crafted yet). I decided to use the AWKCR armor workbench for crafting, the vanilla armor workbench is not really a good place for this (it would only be possible with bad workarounds), and I don't like adding everything to the chem workbench. Are there a lot of people who are not using awkcr?

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

Version 0.4.0 beta 5
====================
add crafting recipes (requires awkcr and awkcr compatibility plugin), plus some smaller changes
- add recipes for crafting handcuffs and handcuffs keys to awkcr armor workbench (category: Hands - Accessories)
- add recipes for crafting shock collars and firmware dumps to awkcr armor workbench (category: Accessories - Necklaces)
  you need to have a shock collar in your inventory to create a firmware dump! if you have no shock collar, the recipe will not show up
- remove knockout effect from shocked NPCs because it looks bad with handcuffs and with furniture, just keep them in bleedout instead
- remove smoke vfx from shock effect

So the main feature of the newest beta is the almost-full support for crafting (remote triggers cannot be crafted yet). I decided to use the AWKCR armor workbench for crafting, the vanilla armor workbench is not really a good place for this (it would only be possible with bad workarounds), and I don't like adding everything to the chem workbench. Are there a lot of people who are not using awkcr?

Thx for the update! Much better now, with no knockout and hands free with the shocked NPCs.

And those annoying smoke is gone too, I love it!

Thanks for your RH mod, this is one of my favourite mod in the fallout4 playing.

The shock collar is a very nice try, make me feel I am controling very slaves in my world.

Hope to see more of your interesting work and upgrades!

17 hours ago, Kharos said:

Are there a lot of people who are not using awkcr?

Probably, yeah, or it'll be requested a fair bit.
Could go with adding a small RH menu to the chem/cookin station.

As for @SAC's idea, if you could separate or take the hand/arm positions from the existing kneeling-arms-behind anim [Two raiders in Combat Zone as you walk in use it, if you need a reference], that could work.
There's the ready-to-go wrist rope assets in DD/TD, and TD has a larger/looser one which they used to cover from the wrists to ~the elbows.

That said, could use some new rope-restraint assets, at least in my opinion.

Otherwise, the current RH/TD anim used should be fine with the DD wrist rope assets.

Remember to take breaks Kharos :P

Well hello @Kharos

like @Nebuchadnezzer2 said, there are users out there not using awkcr and well, i am one of them.

I like your RH Mod, it is realy fun to handcuf some Raiders in theyre place and say hello to them with a schockwave, instead of killing them. LOL

But sadly for me i will have to stop at this point bc of the awkcr.

I know it is your decision on how to make work your mod and how to optimise it, but starting making depencies of other mods is allways a little risk to "loose" users.

Well, you will not loose me LOL, but i will be stucked with the version 0.4.0 beta 4 if there comes not a "non awkcr" version of RH.

So the only way for me is to ask for your time and goodwill to make a Update for a non awkcr version of your RH Mod.

Thank you for your mod and keep up your good work

1 hour ago, strongi said:

Well hello @Kharos

like @Nebuchadnezzer2 said, there are users out there not using awkcr and well, i am one of them.

I like your RH Mod, it is realy fun to handcuf some Raiders in theyre place and say hello to them with a schockwave, instead of killing them. LOL

But sadly for me i will have to stop at this point bc of the awkcr.

I know it is your decision on how to make work your mod and how to optimise it, but starting making depencies of other mods is allways a little risk to "loose" users.

Well, you will not loose me LOL, but i will be stucked with the version 0.4.0 beta 4 if there comes not a "non awkcr" version of RH.

So the only way for me is to ask for your time and goodwill to make a Update for a non awkcr version of your RH Mod.

Thank you for your mod and keep up your good work

One benefit of smaller mods like this, or mods using AWKCR or similar, for only their initial item crafting, and not shit like the actual keywords or such, is it's relatively simple to remove the dependency and shift the items to Utility in the Chem-bench.

I say 'relatively', cause it's still some effort, especially if you've not messed with xEdit much, but it's fairly doable.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, Kharos said:

Ok... I am mostly out of ideas, sorry. I don't remember this ever happening. We could try to get a Papyrus log, maybe it will contain error messages that help us getting to the root of the problem, but I have no idea if it will help or not. Also doing that requires quite some steps:

Hide contents

1. Set papyrus log level to Information in the Debug Settings MCM.
  2. Quit Fallout 4.
  3. If you have not already done so, enable papyrus logging in the Fallout 4 ini files.
  4. Start Fallout 4 and load an old savegame that was made before installing Real Handcuffs (this is important, the problem might be in the installer part, so you will need to test with a old savegame; it will load and use the MCM settings from step 1).
  5. Wait until you get the message that RealHandcuffs has installed. If you don't see a message after a few seconds, open the MCM and check if the first page says that it is installed (sometimes it finishes installing while the game is still showing the loading screen and you cannot see the message).
  6. Spawn some handcuffs with the console (player.placeatme xy000802).
  7. Pick them up and equip them on yourself.
  8. After your hands are bound, press the tab key to get the dialogue (will probably not work).
  9. Quit Fallout 4 and send me the resulting Papyrus.0.log file.

i dont have any save where i didnt have the mod installed so this is the best i could do 

Papyrus.0.log

4 hours ago, strongi said:

Ok, I hear you, but please calm down. There is no reason to abandon the mod or stay with old versions. Awkcr is not a hard dependency, not even in beta 5, and it will never become one. The only hard dependency is F4SE. Everything that worked in beta 4 still works in beta 5, even without awkcr. So the only thing that you are missing without awkcr are the new crafting recipes.

That being said, part of why I am doing an open development cycle with public beta versions is to get feedback:

On 10/6/2019 at 7:40 PM, Kharos said:

Are there a lot of people who are not using awkcr?

And it seems that the answer is (to my surprise) "yes". Which means that I will probably have to take the time and add crafting for people who are not using awkcr.

32 minutes ago, squidsarederp123 said:

i dont have any save where i didnt have the mod installed so this is the best i could do 

Papyrus.0.log 77.85 kB · 0 downloads

There is only a single line about real handcuffs in the log, and it is the error message that both myself and Nebuchadnezzer 2 are getting, too. There should be many more lines if you set the MCM Debug settings to Information (you did do that, right?). Something is very badly not working, and I am not able to find out what.

You can try to remove and then readd the mod, but this is a somewhat touchy process; be sure to keep one of your old saves (i.e. create new saves) in case this process causes damage to your savegame.

1. Disable RealHandcuffs in the MCM debug menu and save the game, then uninstall the mod.
  2. Delete the MCM settings file if it exists: Data/MCM/Settings/RealHandcuffs.ini
  3. Load and save the game again to create a "clean save" where the mod is not installed.
  4. Reinstall the mod.
  5. Edit the MCM default settings file: Data/MCM/Config/RealHandcuffs/settings.ini, change the line iLogLevelPapyrus=1 to iLogLevelPapyrus=0 (it's the second-last line). This should cause the mod to do Information level logging to the papyrus log file.
  6. Load the save created in step 3 and check if things work.
  7. If they don't, send me the resulting papyrus log file.

Sorry for all the trouble. As I wrote above something is badly not working, and we may not be able to find out what :(.