On 6/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, Kharos said:

One way would be to pass a int options that consists of added flags (usually you or them, but adding has the same effect if they are powers of two)... 

That would work, and is certainly safer than structs.  I can't quote the exact behavior of structs in Papyrus but I don't think it is safe to assume backward compatibility if the definitions are not identical.  I once got bit by assuming that if I added a new optional parameter to a function signature, callers of the previous version would still work.  Nope.  The parameters aren't really optional, they are just filled in at compile time if omitted by the caller.  Code that was compiled against the old definiton would get runtime errors.  So I don't really trust anything in Papyrus to be backward compatible.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:58 PM, jaam said:

Careful with ints, You can get into rounding errors due to automatic conversions when you reach high values.

Afaik that is mainly a problem with Javascript and related languages that only have a 'Number' type for all kind of numbers. Papyrus has separate 'Int' and 'Float' types, so it should not have that behavior. I assume that 'Int' is only 32 bit, but that is still more flags than I expect to need.

@EgoBallistic I made large changes to ThirdPartyApi for the newest RC:

• Overhaul ThirdPartyApi, most functions are renamed and take an additional 'Int flags' argument (old functions are still working but obsolete).

Just replacing Bool with Int was breaking compatibility, so I had to rename the functions. I took this as an opportunity to make the API a bit more logical (I hope). Please tell me if you find situations where the flags do not work as expected.

34 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Just replacing Bool with Int was breaking compatibility, so I had to rename the functions. I took this as an opportunity to make the API a bit more logical (I hope). Please tell me if you find situations where the flags do not work as expected.

Dangit, and here I just updated Violate to use the version 3 API.  I just downloaded your update and can confirm that version 3 API calls still work fine with RC3, so that's good.  I'll take a look at the new functions this weekend.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Dangit, and here I just updated Violate to use the version 3 API.  I just downloaded your update and can confirm that version 3 API calls still work fine with RC3, so that's good.  I'll take a look at the new functions this weekend.

Ok, good to have confirmation that the old functions still work.

The new functions are mostly 1:1 replacements for the old functions, with some exceptions (e.g. there are no longer two functions for creating standard handcuffs and hinged handcuffs, instead a flag is passed to create hinged handcuffs).

13 minutes ago, lollollol111 said:

If I bind myself with the handcuffs, am i able to free myself using a key? When I'm bound and click on the handcuff key it only gives me the option to take it or leave it there. 

Pick it up then try to open the Pip-boy... ;)

Yeah... whether you have a key or not,you should get a menu when you try to open the pip boy. If that does not work, please tell me, there has been a problem in the past where it did not work for gamepads (though I believe I managed to fix it).

12 hours ago, Kharos said:

The new functions are mostly 1:1 replacements for the old functions, with some exceptions (e.g. there are no longer two functions for creating standard handcuffs and hinged handcuffs, instead a flag is passed to create hinged handcuffs).

I switched Violate over to the new functions and they work fine for me also.

Final version 0.3 is out and does not make any functional changes over 0.3 RC 3. I did make some small optimizations, for example by compiling scripts from console using the -optimize and -release flags (thanks for the reminder in the Violate changelogs @EgoBallistic :)).

I love this mod, I love how it makes other mods like violate and raider pet so much better, and I am so excited every update to see what more fun we have to play with.

I have a small request though, would it be possible to make me able to drink water from lakes and rivers and such while cuffed?

Edit: Sorry, one more thing. Sandman kills still work while cuffed. Probably shouldn't. Is it fixable? I don't do it, but the temptation is strong sometimes...

31 minutes ago, Picqo said:

I have a small request though, would it be possible to make me able to drink water from lakes and rivers and such while cuffed?

I had in mind to suggest this idea too, but I do not know how much headache it would be to implement it. I know DD allows it, but DD also lets you drink from water pumps and that does not seem appropriate. 

But if its not complicated, those of us who play in Survivor mode would be grateful.:thumbsup:

21 hours ago, Picqo said:

I love this mod, I love how it makes other mods like violate and raider pet so much better, and I am so excited every update to see what more fun we have to play with.

Edit: Sorry, one more thing. Sandman kills still work while cuffed. Probably shouldn't. Is it fixable? I don't do it, but the temptation is strong sometimes...

These are both things that I have not considered up to now (I don't play survival, and I don't have the perk). I will take a look at them.

Generally feel free to ask for things like that, worst thing that can happen is I tell you that it is not possible or too hard. But more often than not I have just not considered it. There are a lot of different perks, quests, mods, settings, and so on; as a single developer I will miss many of them.

this is an amazing mod, extremely well integrated and does exactly what it says on the tin. i do have a suggestion for another restraint tho. there's all that duct tape lying around. i'm sure raiders would use it for more than just repair...

On 7/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, Kharos said:

Generally feel free to ask for things like that, worst thing that can happen is I tell you that it is not possible or too hard.

Cool! Ok so just a small thing, since I read you were thinking about maybe expanding to rope bindings and gags (#WetDream) and I really wouldn't want to distract you from that, but I would like it if you were able to loot dead bodies for bobby pins and/or keys, and maybe even loot containers for the same. It makes sense I think, but I don't know if it's possible to limit what you can and can't pick up from a container once it's opened?

6 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

DD + morphs list

You're welcome ;) [mostly good for screenshots, as I think the morphs reset once you/NPC's change animation/expression, but still fantastic :P ]

Now if you could make the expression lasting and integrated into DD or RH (plus coming? other restraints.....)    #RealWetDreams

Cheers....

Cool! Ok so just a small thing, since I read you were thinking about maybe expanding to rope bindings and gags (#WetDream) and I really wouldn't want to distract you from that, but I would like it if you were able to loot dead bodies for bobby pins and/or keys, and maybe even loot containers for the same. It makes sense I think, but I don't know if it's possible to limit what you can and can't pick up from a container once it's opened?

Technically, dead bodies are containers. From a gameplay perspective, I think that dead bodies might be a better use case than container in general.

It may not be that easy to implement though. I will keep it in mind for a future enhancement.

4 hours ago, Ravecreator said:

Now if you could make the expression lasting and integrated into DD or RH (plus coming? other restraints.....)    #RealWetDreams

Cheers....

I have looked into that. The morphs are currently only available through console commands, there are no script functions. It might be possible to do something with a custom F4SE plugin. Not that I have ever done something like that...

16 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Technically, dead bodies are containers. From a gameplay perspective, I think that dead bodies might be a better use case than container in general.

It may not be that easy to implement though. I will keep it in mind for a future enhancement.

This sounds like it would just be a case of adding the items to the approptiate Leveled Lists. I personally never looked into them, but they seem to be relatively simple to work with.

11 minutes ago, NXTtrain said:

This sounds like it would just be a case of adding the items to the approptiate Leveled Lists. I personally never looked into them, but they seem to be relatively simple to work with.

I may misunderstand your comment. But the difficult thing that I see is not adding keys/lockpicks to dead bodies and containers. It is preventing bound players from taking things that they should not be able to take (armor, weapon, etc) while their hands are bound. And doing so in a "nice" way that does not feel clunky.

When your hands are bound you are not able to access your inventory. You are only able to pick up individual, small items and "keep them in your hands" (the mod tracks what item is currently in your hands, and if you want to pick up anbother one you drop the one that you are holding). I would like to have the same logic for containers.

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

I may misunderstand your comment. But the difficult thing that I see is not adding keys/lockpicks to dead bodies and containers. It is preventing bound players from taking things that they should not be able to take (armor, weapon, etc) while their hands are bound. And doing so in a "nice" way that does not feel clunky.

When your hands are bound you are not able to access your inventory. You are only able to pick up individual, small items and "keep them in your hands" (the mod tracks what item is currently in your hands, and if you want to pick up anbother one you drop the one that you are holding). I would like to have the same logic for containers.

That makes a lot more sense. I know that DD does it by removing and replacing "forbidden" items that the player picks up. Not neccesarily a nice way, but it works. Just make sure to only do it on world pickups, not on script/console added stuff.

43 minutes ago, Picqo said:

@Nebuchadnezzer2 Thanks for the tip but of course I know about DD dude. The wet dream in this case would be gags created properly by Kharos, in the same way that he created handcuffs properly ;)

Honestly, not suggesting copying DD, though use of assets is one this, but integration of DD assets into a much better integrating mod (not that old is bad, just outdated).

Gag. Real gags preventing communication on all levels.  Today, even gagged,  you can do the speech.  Make them really hampering .  Or blindfolds you cant glitch. 

Makes it very necessary to get removed asap.

And unlocking needs to be possible. I like using the workbench to do something like this.  Devious wastleand is near impossible.  The lock picking game makes it to easy.

And being locked up, handcuffs or otherwise, should (be awesone), an attractant for... predators. 

I mean a cuffed girl / guy.  Would seem to be open for nefarious acts... robbery, harassment... violated kidnapped sold. Etc.

32 minutes ago, NXTtrain said:

That makes a lot more sense. I know that DD does it by removing and replacing "forbidden" items that the player picks up. Not neccesarily a nice way, but it works. Just make sure to only do it on world pickups, not on script/console added stuff.

Not in a nice way is definitely right.

Break a bobby pin, auto-drops all your remaining ones, and if/when you've shit like the mittens on, you're kinda SOL. Loot Detector's helped me there before, since I have it auto-grab shit like that for me within a small radius.

The main issue would be the selective-looting of containers, I imagine. If someone nails that down, we're in business.