10 hours ago, ThatUserName said:

Am I supposed to not be able to put on clothes with broken handcuffs on?

No, handcuffs (whether broken or not) should not block clothes. Most probably this is a slot conflict between the clothes that you are using and the handcuffs. You can check this with FO4Edit (be sure to not only load the main RealHandcuffs esp, but also any patch esps, e.g. for Devious Devices).

10 hours ago, ThatUserName said:

Also, (am using Sex Atrributes mod with ability to use willpower to get out of restraints)I noticed that after breaking the chain I could try to pick them with bobby pin, it was regular handcuffs, not hinged and I didn't put any points into lockpicking, are those type of handcuffs always novice? Or was it my willpower from Sex Attributes that gave me ability to unlock it despite not having enough lockpicking skill?

This is as designed. Regular handcuffs only have a novice lock; high security handcuffs feature an expert lock. As long as your hands are cuffed, you have a penalty of two steps when picking locks (this can be configured in the settings) because picking locks with your hands behind your back is difficult: Novice locks will become expert locks, advanced locks will become master locks, expert and master locks cannot be picked (their difficulty would be more than master). When you break the chain, you are free of this penalty, so you can pick the lock as usual.

Spoiler
11 hours ago, ThatUserName said:

Am I supposed to not be able to put on clothes with broken handcuffs on?

Also, (am using Sex Atrributes mod with ability to use willpower to get out of restraints)I noticed that after breaking the chain I could try to pick them with bobby pin, it was regular handcuffs, not hinged and I didn't put any points into lockpicking, are those type of handcuffs always novice? Or was it my willpower from Sex Attributes that gave me ability to unlock it despite not having enough lockpicking skill?

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

No, handcuffs (whether broken or not) should not block clothes. Most probably this is a slot conflict between the clothes that you are using and the handcuffs. You can check this with FO4Edit (be sure to not only load the main RealHandcuffs esp, but also any patch esps, e.g. for Devious Devices).

Yeah, that's from the slot they use, as Kharos mentions.
Pretty sure they're usin slot 38 (as does DD's wrist-cuffs, unless that's just from the DD compat :sweat_smile:).

Open it up in xEdit (FO4Edit) again, as Kharos mentioned, and you can change the slot of the "Armour" and "Armour Addon" for 'em. Avoid selecting slots higher than 58 or so, as some of those 'unknowns' could/will break somethin if ya do (FYI, can't select under slot 33, as those designated for other things, and not for armour).

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Pretty sure they're usin slot 38 (as does DD's wrist-cuffs, unless that's just from the DD compat :sweat_smile:).

DD compat changes the slots to [37,38] because DD is using the same. Without DD compat it is using 54.

Weird though because it was blocking vanilla clothes. I was trying to put vault suit back on and it was put on and then immediately taken off as the prompt for "struggle/open lock/do nothing" kicked in. Neither 38 nor 54 slot should interfere with that. I installed lite version with AWKCR and DD compatibility. I checked "ArmorKeywords" esm and found that(picture) it's assigned to these 6 slots? And I see it's the case for all the other vault suits or things like prewar dresses, yet some other clothes seems to have properly take up armor slots yet not slots 37, 38, 39, 40, like this vault suit does. 

Are those vanilla vault suit slots, or it's just this awkcr thing being a mess that it seems to be?

suit.jpg

26 minutes ago, ThatUserName said:

Weird though because it was blocking vanilla clothes. I was trying to put vault suit back on and it was put on and then immediately taken off as the prompt for "struggle/open lock/do nothing" kicked in. Neither 38 nor 54 slot should interfere with that. I installed lite version with AWKCR and DD compatibility. I checked "ArmorKeywords" esm and found that(picture) it's assigned to these 6 slots? And I see it's the case for all the other vault suits or things like prewar dresses, yet some other clothes seems to have properly take up armor slots yet not slots 37, 38, 39, 40, like this vault suit does. 

Are those vanilla vault suit slots, or it's just this awkcr thing being a mess that it seems to be?

suit.jpg

Slots 37/38 conflict with many vanilla outfits. I am using slots 37/38 in the DD compatibility plugin to make sure that the slots for handcuffs are the same as the slots for DD wrist cuffs. The default slot (54) would have less conflicts afaik. I am actually asking myself right now if there are still good technical reasons to change the slot in the DD compatibility plugin, or if it would be better to keep slot 54 in all cases. Though I am a bit wary of making such a big change that might affect a lot of people using the mod...

I think I have not hit this problem because I am using Armorsmith Extended, it changes the slots of the vanilla outfits to make them more compatible with a lot of things.

41 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Slots 37/38 conflict with many vanilla outfits. I am using slots 37/38 in the DD compatibility plugin to make sure that the slots for handcuffs are the same as the slots for DD wrist cuffs. The default slot (54) would have less conflicts afaik. I am actually asking myself right now if there are still good technical reasons to change the slot in the DD compatibility plugin, or if it would be better to keep slot 54 in all cases. Though I am a bit wary of making such a big change that might affect a lot of people using the mod...

I think I have not hit this problem because I am using Armorsmith Extended, it changes the slots of the vanilla outfits to make them more compatible with a lot of things.

Main reason to leave it as 37 & 38 in the DD plugin is really to avoid overlapping/clashing items from DD. ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Main reason to leave it as 37 & 38 in the DD plugin is really to avoid overlapping/clashing items from DD. ?‍♂️

Yeah, that was my original reason. Thinking about it again the DD compatibility plugin also adds the DD_kw_ItemType_WristCuffs keyword to my handcuffs, so DD should recognize the conflict even without the slot. I will probably have to do some testing...

I stumbled upon another (potential) bug, although I am not sure If I have used your ThirdParty API as intended:

I do the following (without any special flags):

CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor --> Actor gets Handcuffs, all OK

SetBoundHandsFollowTarget --> Actor follows other actor, all OK

However, trying to remove the handcuffs that were equipped via CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor is not successfull.

The Functions

UnequipAllRestraintsRemoveFromInventory
UnequipAllRestraintsKeepInInventory

return false, although the Actor has clearly handcuffs equipped

As a workaround, I retrieve all equipped restraints via
GetEquippedRestraints (which returns the handcuffs as it should)

and call

ForceUnequip

on each one

Can you reproduce this bug or have I used the API incorrectly?

3 hours ago, HR_Sinop said:

I stumbled upon another (potential) bug, although I am not sure If I have used your ThirdParty API as intended:

I do the following (without any special flags):

CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor --> Actor gets Handcuffs, all OK

SetBoundHandsFollowTarget --> Actor follows other actor, all OK

However, trying to remove the handcuffs that were equipped via CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor is not successfull.

The Functions

UnequipAllRestraintsRemoveFromInventory
UnequipAllRestraintsKeepInInventory

return false, although the Actor has clearly handcuffs equipped

As a workaround, I retrieve all equipped restraints via
GetEquippedRestraints (which returns the handcuffs as it should)

and call

ForceUnequip

on each one

Can you reproduce this bug or have I used the API incorrectly?

At first glance, I would say you are using it correctly. I also just did a short test (calling the functions from the console using cqf) and I could not reproduce the issue.

You can try the following things:

- enable papyrus logging in the inis (if you have not yet done so, this is a good practice)

- enable full papyrus logging (info level) in my MCM

- run the whole sequence

- look through the logs if you can see any errors

If you cannot spot any errors, you can also:

- send me the logs

- send me your script and tell me where you are doing the things, maybe I can spot an error when looking at the code

You can send me things as a private message if you like. Depending on timing I may take a day or something to answer.

I am working on a new version. Most changes are finished and can be tested with the attached beta. This is not yet an official update. I am still working on an alternative activation of the shock collar terminal as workaround for the Pip-Pad issue, it requires some more changes.

[Edit: Deleted attached file, use Beta 2 instead]

Changelog up to now:

Version 0.4.9 (Beta!)
=====================
various small improvements, most requested in support thread
- Add "Punishment Mode" to Mark III Shock Collar Firmware - this is the same as "T0rture M0de" in Hacked Firmware
- Disable T0rture M0de / Punishment Mode for explosive collars
- Shock collars will now have a yellow "shock" icon instead of the default yellow "explosive" icon
- Fix: Temporarily disable WorkshopFramework alternate activation when player is bound
- Fix: Remove leftover message when player gets knocked down by shocks
- Upgrade LLFP Community plugin to version 39. WARNING: The new LLFP Communit plugin requires F4SE 0.6.21
- ThirdPartApi: Add functions StartTortureMode, StopTortureMode, StartTortureModeOnActor, StopTortureModeOnActor
- ThirdPartyApi: Fix: StartBoundWaitState will now correctly handle playEnterAnimation=false and/or makePlayerPosable=false

[Edit]

Detailed diff in case somebody wants to see changes in scripts: https://github.com/RealHandcuffs/RealHandcuffs/compare/rh/v0.4.9

8 hours ago, hacker451 said:

Hey @Kharos I updated AAF, should I overwrite your files during installation?

The latest AAF (154) seems to use LLFP 39, same as my beta in the post above. If you are using an older RH then you need to overwrite.

In general it should be ok to overwrite my files with AAF, unless you are using a super old AAF version.

10 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Changing/removing the chain to make the handcuffs less flexible.

Ok, so replacing the chain with a hinge? 

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

It doesn't happen with the normal handcuffs.

I am still not exactly sure what you are doing there. You need to give better steps to reproduce the problem.

That being said, replacing the chain with a hinge (or the other way around) is tricky. I ran into some limitations with the workbench for that operation, and as a consequence I had to close and re-open the workbench. Most probably something fails in that procedure.

You can try enabling papyrus logging in the ini files, then enabling full logging in my MCM (log level info to papyrus). Not sure if it will show something, but maybe it will.

Oh, one more, do you have mods that somehow modify first person or third person view?

23 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Ok, so replacing the chain with a hinge?

That being said, replacing the chain with a hinge (or the other way around) is tricky. I ran into some limitations with the workbench for that operation, and as a consequence I had to close and re-open the workbench. Most probably something fails in that procedure.

That is what I did. It worked this time. I have no Point-of-view modifying mods. You will get the log when it crashes again.

14 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

The only chance to cut cuffs open is the red settlement workbench? Mine is changed by sim settlements and I have no cut option. And what does the NPC interaction (the Hotkey) does? I tried it bound and unbound but nothing ever happend.

It is probably changed from Workshop Framework, a dependency of Sim Settlement. Either disable the workshop management activation in Workshop Frameworks settings, or try the newest beta that I uploaded last sunday:

The NPC interaction will allow you to set the pose of bound NPCs who are in "wait here" mode or assigned to a prisoner mat.

[Edit] I have since uploaded 0.4.9 beta 2 on the original post, use this instead of beta 1.

Version 0.4.9 Beta 2
====================
workaround for Pip-Pad issues
- Add RobCo Connect holotape: The holotape will connect to the last collar that was selected for connection
- Add manual connection mode, if it is active the placer needs to connect to collars manually using RobCo connect

These changes are in addition to the changes for 0.4.9 Beta 1.

When starting a new game, the RobCo Connect holotape can be found in the sanctuary hills workbench together with the initial handcuffs and shock collar. When upgrading to a running game, you will need to craft it at the chemistry workbench (or the armor crafting workbench if using AWKCR). This is only necessary if you either use Pip-Pad or change the new Pip-Boy Terminal Mode option in the MCM to Use Holodisk.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

Did you change the name of the .esp file? I changed to the new version and my game complains that it can't find RealHandcuffs.esp. Some problem with the mcm menu ingame. it says the esp is missing.

No, and I would never do a breaking change like that without very, very good reasons and a huge warning.

37 minutes ago, Kharos said:

No, and I would never do a breaking change like that without very, very good reasons and a huge warning.

Good to know. But my game is unable to find the new version esp. The installation with vortex was successfull and it is active in the plugin-list but not for the game.